• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
So there are 3 Highschool DxD characters who are placed 9th for strongest non-smurf 7-A, those 3 being Issei, Rias, and Vali.

So I thought why not have a little fun and throw my boy Johnny at them to test (no pun intended) the waters a bit?

Just a quick note that this will not, and I will repeat not, be a 3v1. Johnny will be facing these guys individually, so there will be 3 separate matches here.

Everyone here will be in their 7-A keys (obviously).

Johnny will have all of his equipment.

Speed will be equalized.

Each fighter will start 100 meters away from each other.

Johnny: 2 (Viet, Uuber)

Issei/Rias/Vali:

Inconclusive
:

Last edited:
Johnny: 200 Megatons

Issei/Rias/Vali: 100 Megatons (couldn't find a calc for them)

Johnny holds a 2x AP gap.

Can't do anything, their hax only get better at later key, 7-A they practically close to haxless. Due to her bad control at Power of Destruction Rias can't EE people beyond physical EE and need to throw Power of Destruction in energy form like bullet which are easily to dodge, and as you can guess, she is extremely bad at actual fighting, mostly relying on spamming PoD. Vali can halve his opponents stats and add it to him but he can't add power to the point it exceed his limit, which he need to release the exceed power out from the wing or else he risk damaging his body, and mf is arrogant in early volume so he will resort to physical fight
Going to quote what @Vietthai96 said here for reference.

If true, this does give me more confidence in Johnny beating both Vali and Rias. He'd struggle a bit more with Vali considering he can halve his opponents stats, but since both Rias and Vali rely on physical fights (CQC/H2H), then Johnny already has a very good advantage, as he tends to spam his Power Poots and Hurricane Hands (the latter having massive AOE), and he likes to spam his Teleportation too, so if Rias or Vali try to close in on Johnny, he won't have much of a problem keeping his distance. Bringing Johnny's equipment into play would make it even worse for them both.

Now what about Issei?

Last edited:
Also it is implied that Rias Power of Destruction in early volume can't hax being stronger than her, probably due to her bad control at it unlike her brother. Since iirc, when fighting Kokabiel, she took considerate amount of time to power-up the Power of Destruction and Kokabiel catch it with his bare hand like nothing. Her brother Sirzech on the other hand haxed a clone of Trihexa which stronger than him and threaten to kill Hades who is top 10 strongest beings in the verse, and it is stated Sirzech has extremely great control over PoD
Now what about Issei?
Issei is worse, early volume he can only boost his power up and fighting with Saitama level of skill

I'd be willing to wait for other people (specifically knowledgeable members/supporters of DxD) to come hope over and give their input, though.

Explain why Johnny doesn't get one-shot.

The version of Issei that is used here is not his normal form. It's Juggernaut Drive, who immediately uses boosts to the point of instantly one-shotting.

Vali would nuke Johnny to the point of being one-shot.

Rias still has the power to EE people with one hit, doesn't matter if it isn't the best.

Going to quote what @Vietthai96 said here for reference.

If true, this does give me more confidence in Johnny beating both Vali and Rias. He'd struggle a bit more with Vali considering he can halve his opponents stats, but since both Rias and Vali rely on physical fights (CQC/H2H), then Johnny already has a very good advantage, as he tends to spam his Power Poots and Hurricane Hands (the latter having massive AOE), and he likes to spam his Teleportation too, so if Rias or Vali try to close in on Johnny, he won't have much of a problem keeping his distance. Bringing Johnny's equipment into play would make it even worse for them both.

Now what about Issei?
Issei's power boosts are way more potent than Johnny's because they are doubles. They stack, and Issei in Juggernaut Drive spams THE SHIT out of them. He also divides he shit out of attacks that would be a problem to the point that they get nullified completely.

He also uses AoE beam attacks.

I'm going to stick to debating Issei for now because it's easier than doing all three characters.

Didn't know the full context behind Issei's powers, so thanks for that at least.

So yeah, Johnny's going to have to heavily rely on his hax in order to have a chance here. Luckily for me, it's very in-character for Johnny to resort to his equipment.

So does Issei, Rias, or Vali have a counter for hax like Time Manipulation/Memory Manipulation, Time Stop, Possession, Mind Manipulation, Supernatural Luck, Transmutation, Invisibility, and Morality Manipulation?

So does Issei, Rias, or Vali have a counter for hax like Time Manipulation/Memory Manipulation, Time Stop, Possession, Mind Manipulation, Supernatural Luck, Transmutation, Invisibility, and Morality Manipulation?
Issei resist time stop, memory manipulation, mind manipulation, biological forms of transmutation.

He can see invisible things.

The others have the same resistances.

Doubt Morality Manipulation would do much.

How does Johnny just prevent getting one shot?

Doubt Morality Manipulation would do much.
How so?

biological forms of transmutation.
How is resistance to biological manip the same as resistance to transmutation?

Also, you're forgetting about Johnny's Supernatural Luck, too.

Issei resist time stop, memory manipulation, mind manipulation
He can see invisible things.

The others have the same resistances.
How does Johnny just prevent getting one shot?
Supernatural Luck saves Johnny's ass, but other than that...

VX5zQyf.png

How is resistance to biological manip the same as resistance to transmutation?
Because it changes him into a girl. Which is basically like a low level transmutation.

It's just another form of mind manipulation and because of that I really don't see it working tbh.

The page even says that it's almost the same ability in some cases.

Issei specifically resists mind controlling abilities as well.

Supernatural Luck saves Johnny's ass, but other than that...
What's the luck like?

It's just another form of mind manipulation and because of that I really don't see it working tbh.

The page even says that it's almost the same ability in some cases.
A teensy bit nitpicky imo.

Johnny's Morality Manip makes the personality of their opponent the opposite of what it is. It's a bit different than controlling someone's mind.

What's the luck like?
Johnny's a bit of a weird case tbf.

The one in his base, while decent, isn't consistent enough to save his ass on a daily basis. However, his Good Luck Charm gives good luck to the user, while giving bad luck to the people near him.

A teensy bit nitpicky imo.

Johnny's Morality Manip makes the personality of their opponent the opposite of what it is. It's a bit different than controlling someone's mind.
If this is done via mind manipulation then Issei resists it because it's just a specific form of mind manipulation. And besides, Mind control is way more potent than a personality change.

I'm really not sure why the morality page even exist.

Also, Issei with the opposite personality is arguably more deadly tbh.

The one in his base, while decent, isn't consistent enough to save his ass on a daily basis. However, his Good Luck Charm gives good luck to the user, while giving bad luck to the people near him.
I seriously doubt this prevents him from getting one shot by an energy beam or something.

I seriously doubt this prevents him from getting one shot by an energy beam or something.
Eh, considering the Supernatural Luck in his base form prevents him from dying from an attack that was supposed to kill, adding on the fact that the Good Luck Charm is objectively better, not too sure about that.

If this is done via mind manipulation then Issei resists it because it's just a specific form of mind manipulation. And besides, Mind control is way more potent than a personality change.
If you want to show you some examples, Johnny used it to make a guy go from hating dogs to loving them, and he used it to make his dad go from a neat freak to a slob, and his mom from hard-working to being lazy and playing video games.

Okay, so Johnny definitely seems to be one of those characters who people wank in versus matches to know exactly what devices to use to get their win con. When in reality they could pull absolutely anything because they have no prior knowledge and don't demonstrate that level of battle IQ in their own verse.

Yeah, this definitely goes to Issei.

Sure he'll have all his equipment but he has no idea what to use and most of it is a bunch of devices that he'll have to randomly pick from.

There's no saying if he'll even use the specific equipment that Issei doesn't resist or just tank outright. As I've said Issei resists most of the had stuff you listed before, and I'm sure that's only his most powerful devices.

Definitely voting Issei because Johnny is too inconsistent and it seems even his best hax equipment is resisted.

Even in the off chance that he does pull his morality gun, as you showed in the video, it's also an energy projectile which means Issei can just dodge it.

But it's also seemingly a form of mind manipulation so Issei should resist it anyway.

I'm just saying Johnny has so many devices and equipment that if you give him all of that stuff he could do absolutely anything as his starting move, most of which wouldn't do anything to Issei

So the simple most logical outcome is that Issei one shots a majority of the time because that would be his starting move every time

Anyway, Issei boost isn't x2, it only apply to Booster Gear, from Balance Breaker onward his boost is unqualifiable, or else his battle vs Vali he boosted himself up to far above 7-A. He still can boost up to a potential AP stomp though

Idk what exactly the version of Rias being used here, but in early volume her Power of Destruction is weak as ****, and even in later volume it is a limited EE for a reason

Vali on the other hand is a psuedo Goku, he love battle and use his hax just to humiliate his opponent rather than actually trying to kill them, unless he is bloodlusted, his opponent is fodders, soldier type, or it is he in later volume. He definitely go with physical combat

But anyway, idk about Jonhny so i not vote for any side

Anyway, Issei boost isn't x2, it only apply to Booster Gear, from Balance Breaker onward his boost is unqualifiable, or else his battle vs Vali he boosted himself up to far above 7-A. He still can boost up to a potential AP stomp though
It is double but it isn't accepted for tiering scaling on vsbw due to the in-verse inconsistencies.

However, in vs battles it should still be more than enough to warrant one-shot difference.

Saying otherwise is a massive downplay.

The version of Issei that is used here is not his normal form. It's Juggernaut Drive, who immediately uses boosts to the point of instantly one-shotting.
Wait, isn't Juggernaut Drive 6-C? He still has Triana in 7-A though which is more than enough, really.
Also it is implied that Rias Power of Destruction in early volume can't hax being stronger than her, probably due to her bad control at it unlike her brother. Since iirc, when fighting Kokabiel, she took considerate amount of time to power-up the Power of Destruction and Kokabiel catch it with his bare hand like nothing. Her brother Sirzech on the other hand haxed a clone of Trihexa which stronger than him and threaten to kill Hades who is top 10 strongest beings in the verse, and it is stated Sirzech has extremely great control over PoD

Issei is worse, early volume he can only boost his power up and fighting with Saitama level of skill
I get your reasoning here, but 7-A Rias is specifically Post Volume 14 Rias that's already gone through the Rating Game with Sairaorg and the Battle for the Underworld. She's a bit more competent than the moment you're referencing which happened in Volume 3. Same with Issei as 7-A covers his completed Balance Breaker (introduced in Volume 5), Triana (Introduced in Volume 7), and the initial activation of Cardinal Crimson Promotion (Volume 10).

By Volume 10, both Rias and Issei had increased their combat proficiency by a lot.
Also, Issei with the opposite personality is arguably more deadly tbh.
It's been a while, but didn't the Volume where that happened have Issei unable to use a lot of his powers because they were too perverted? Then again, Johhny's a boy so I doubt they would be used anyway. If Johnny were a girl, it wouldn't even be a curb stomp.

Last edited:
Back