• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Regeneration 2022: Yu Kanda vs Issei Hyoudou

Group A (Match 1) :
Rules:
  • Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
  • Speed Equalized
  • Distance: Fighting distance for every matchup will be 30 meters.
Popted2 has entered the tournament with Issei Hyoudou goes one on one against Yu Kanda to officially kick off this tournament in the first match of Group A ! The Hunt for the 2022 Tournament of Regeneration trophy officially begins.

Popted2 vs Deceived

Results:
Issei Hyoudou (Highschool DxD):1 (Lyn)
Yu Kanda (D.Gray-Man): 8 (Fanta, Noneless21, Deceived, Demonic, Kazuma, Veloxt1r0kore, LordGin, Arnold)
Inconclusive:
925SR9V.png

Last edited:
Following.

I'll give win-cons for Yu Kanda later on since this actually came out at a bad time for me since i'm about to go to bed.

Though @LordGinSama will probably make some arguments for him while i sleep.

From what I remember from the anime....Issei fight style consist of boosting, melee attacks, and energy blasts. Since Kanda is a male (thankfully), Issei's breast language won't work on him, so one of his advantages won't work. His clothes' destruction power also works only on females so another advantage is given to Kanda (this one could be wrong so correct me). What is dangerous from his is the ever-increasing power from the Bosted Gear (but it has a limit to how much his body can sustain), divide divine (which I think its his actually best power here for halving the power of his enemy after a touch) and his minor spatial attack but this is resisted by Kanda.

Issei is a pretty good instinct fighter I would say and he's not as stupid as he looks/acts but he's unlucky as he fights someone whose very skilled and is more intelligent that he acts...I would say Kanda has the advantage thanks to ''skillz'' and better variability in powers.

To not forget to mention Issei stars with a higher ap/dura as base than Kanda (almost double 3 vs 1.7) which will only grow as the fight goes but Kanda also has the amps (await Deceived to explain better how it goes here).

In rest, someone who actually has read the novel more than I did in the far away past could help a lot here.

Honestly? Yu kind can't do anything here, just at a glance, simply because of the AP difference and the fact Yu doesn't have OP regen like some other characters in his verse.

Starting off weaker against an Issei who can effectively use both Boost and Divide is basically starting off being AP God-stomped and Speed blitzed. He also doesn't counter attack reflection (Although innocence might just matter hax through it, if it works here)

Now, to throw DGM some bail here, Yu's saving grace could be that innocence hax probably works on Issei.

I really don't see how Issei is taking this, none of his hax would effect Kanda since he's resistant to his entire arsenal, but the same can't be said for Issei. Kanda can negate his durability via Exploding Spirit Cut, and his Innocence would directly negate Issei's regeneration.

In terms of AP, Kanda scales up massively from 1.7 Teratons and has amps that allow him to one shot stronger characters than himself. Issei's AP advantage without amps is essentially non existent.

Yu is also stomping in skill.

Voting Yu mid dif.

I really don't see how Issei is taking this, none of his hax would effect Kanda since he's resistant to his entire arsenal, but the same can't be said for Issei. Kanda can negate his durability via Exploding Spirit Cut, and his Innocence would directly negate Issei's regeneration.
Kanda literally can't wound Issei post-divine divide and boost. Though innocence probably works here, since holy is Issei's weakness, I just don't think Yu can actually do anything before innocence hax matters tbh (It's not really passive, after all)
In terms of AP, Kanda scales up massively from 1.7 Teratons and has amps that allow him to one shot stronger characters than himself. Issei's AP advantage without amps is essentially non existent.

Yu is also stomping in skill.

Voting Yu mid dif.
Issei literally isn't even a hax guy. Like, he's not good in a fight because of hax, he barely has any after all.
The one "hax" that matters here is 'Divine Divide' which Yu doesn't have resistance to.

However, regardless of how far above the given calc he scales and his unquantifiable amps even somehow saying he's 3x stronger than what he scales to; he'll lose half of his power, adding it to issei's, then issei boosts him to oblivion.
This is without mentioning that Issei himself also scales above the calc that put him at Low 6-B+

Like, even if you think a single boost being an actual 2x multiplier is inconsistent (Which is what we consider here), him stacking boosts legit AP stomps people stronger than him before boosting.

So the match goes like this:

Ddraig: "Divide!" Kanda: "...What!? What's happening!?" Ddraig: "Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!" Issei: "Crimson Blaster!" Yu has died
I'm not even really a DxD guy, now if Earl was here, he'd probably go way harder with the Issei knowledge.

Kanda literally can't wound Issei post-divine divide and boost. Though innocence probably works here, since holy is Issei's weakness, I just don't think Yu can actually do anything before innocence hax matters tbh (It's not really passive, after all)
Yeah no, this is a Low 6-B Tournament, Issei isn't permitted to go above Low 6-B with his "Boosts." so there goes that argument. The Tournament is restricted to Low 6-B, not 6-B or anything else.
Issei literally isn't even a hax guy. Like, he's not good in a fight because of hax, he barely has any after all.
The one "hax" that matters here is 'Divine Divide' which Yu doesn't have resistance to.
Which I've already covered?
However, regardless of how far above the given calc he scales and his unquantifiable amps even somehow saying he's 3x stronger than what he scales to; he'll lose half of his power, adding it to issei's, then issei boosts him to oblivion.
When did I say he was gonna get 3x stronger? Kindly don't put words in my mouth, thank you. And that's only if Issei hits Kanda, which would be difficult with the skill gap amongst Kanda having his own speed amps.
This is without mentioning that Issei himself also scales above the calc that put him at Low 6-B+
And the same can be said for Kanda, he scales far above the Low 6-B calculation for DGM and has one shot levels of amping to comparable characters.
Like, even if you think a single boost being an actual 2x multiplier is inconsistent (Which is what we consider here),
I never said 2x was inconsistent, once again don't put words into my mouth. I said it was wank whenever the fans act like Issei can say boost 40x times in a row and magically become several tiers higher than what he's actually ranked at.
him stacking boosts legit AP stomps people stronger than him before boosting.
Which again, can only bring him so far. He can't go beyond Low 6-B, so the "Boost." argument falls flat given it would place him at a higher tier (Something the the profile doesn't even note.)
So the match goes like this:
Kanda is folding his fodder ass before that happens
I'm not even really a DxD guy, now if Earl was here, he'd probably go way harder with the Issei knowledge.
Ya the Ikki wank guy is definitely the guy you want to carry your good ol weeb with a mullet.

Am not going to vote since I know very little of both of these characters' series, but, I got ask... how does Issei' divide thingy work? Does it require any conditions to work? Or does Issei simply need to say the word "divide" and Kanda gets his stats reduced? Is divide his starting move or is Issei's boost thingy his starting move?

I never said Ikki gets amped to 6-B; I'm strictly talking about unquantifiable AP scaling in relation to the given values, not multipliers. I brought it up because you said Yu Kanda scales far above 1.7 Teratons, so I directly compared what you said his scaling was to Ikki's scaling and amps/powers. Because you brought up unquantifiable AP scaling as an argument for why Yu doesn't get AP stomped.

Believe it or not; a 1 Teraton vs 3 Teratons who now a Teraton stronger, and then amps themselves to be far above what they currently are is an AP stomp.

And honestly, I'm being semi-conservative with divide just because I don't think he uses it as much as Boost (iirc), but Issei can spam both and has done so at the very beginning of fights.
I never said 2x was inconsistent, once again don't put words into my mouth. I said it was wank whenever the fans act like Issei can say boost 40x times in a row and magically become several tiers higher than what he's actually ranked at.
Notice how I said "if" in that sentence. I didn't say you said anything other than what you actually said. I was just using that as a launching off point to say that even without 2x Boost being accepted it's still an enormous jump in AP, probably beyond what Yu could handle. Especially given divide.

Last edited:
Am not going to vote since I know very little of both of these characters' series, but, I got ask... how does Issei' divide thingy work? Does it require any conditions to work? Or does Issei simply need to say the word "divide" and Kanda gets his stats reduced? Is divide his starting move or is Issei's boost thingy his starting move?
That one.

He can spam both but is more likely to boost than divide. Though it's entirely possible that this Issei (Late novel issei) has different standard tactics, as I've only seen the anime, and it's been a while.

I never said Ikki gets amped to 6-B;
Got Earl on your mind huh? Lol
I'm strictly talking about unquantifiable AP scaling in relation to the given values, not multipliers. I brought it up because you said Yu Kanda scales far above 1.7 Teratons, so I directly compared what you said his scaling was to Ikki's scaling and amps/powers.
You also brought up him spamming Boost, to which he'd only be able to use 1 or 2 here otherwise he'd enter the next tier.
Because you brought up unquantifiable AP scaling as an argument for why Yu doesn't get AP stomped.
It's quite literally impossible for a Low 6-B to AP stomp another Low 6-B. That tier is extremely small, and one shots / AP stomps only happen with an AP advantage of 7x. Low 6-B doesn't even hit 7x, so no, Yu isn't getting AP stomped.
Believe it or not; a 1 Teraton vs a 3 Teratons and is who now a Teraton stronger, then amps themselves to be far above what they currently are.
At max Issei would have a minimal AP advantage with his amps, given how small of a tier Low 6-B is. Neither opponent here is gonna be AP stomping the other, that would require a 7x amp for Issei which would make him 6-B.
Notice how I said "if" in that sentence. I didn't say you said anything other than what you actually said.
The "if" is irrelevant here given that my previous statement had zero ground to assume that it was an argument made out of inconsistency. So at best that feels like a random argument that you inserted.
I was just using that as a launching off point to say that even without 2x Boost being accepted it's still an enormous jump in AP, probably beyond what Yu could handle. Especially given divide, which I'll get to.
Disagreed entirely.

Also Issei's profile is uhhh, well pretty booty to say the least.

Boost was axed going by the profiles notes, so I'm not sure why its being used in matches whenever the profile states that it isn't being used because it's inconsistent.

Notes:

• Boost isn't used to quantify the statistics of the characters due to it being too incosistent to follow our Multipliers standards.

Correction, you can if you're very high into Low 6-B and the feat on the calc where they either one-shot or completely tank a hit.
False, Low 6-B doesn't go up to 7x, which is our one shot value. And before you say "But he one shot another Low 6-B." we don't take in verse one shots into consideration during Vs Threads here.
The character I picked for this tourney is basically that.
Not really.

Also Issei's profile is uhhh, well pretty booty to say the least.

Boost was axed going by the profiles notes, so I'm not sure why its being used in matches whenever the profile states that it isn't being used because it's inconsistent.

Notes:

• Boost isn't used to quantify the statistics of the characters due to it being too incosistent to follow our Multipliers standards.
It's just not a reliable multiplier that can be used to gauge accurate statistics, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist lol.

It's higher showings are way above 2x and lower showings hardly seem to make a difference in AP.
It's like if Goku's Kaioken was a 2x stat multiplier that he could stack and spam (As-in, use dozens to hundreds of times per fight). There's no way you could have fully consistent battles with an ability like that.

It's just not a reliable multiplier that can be used to gauge accurate statistics, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist lol.
The multiplier itself was axed going by the profiles notes. We don't go ahead and ignore multipliers like that, as that's essentially hiding the outlier. We either use the multiplier or we don't use it at all, I can't even think of another verse that does that.
It's higher showings is way above 2x
Scans?
and lower showings hardly seem to make a difference in AP.
It's like if Goku's Kaioken was a 2x stat multiplier that he could stack and spam (As-in, use dozens to hundreds of times per fight). There's no way you could have fully consistent battles with an ability like that.
That comparison falls flat because Issei logically cannot amp himself mid battle in Vs Threads or else he'd be in the next tier which isn't reflected on the profile. You literally can't say he can spam Boost to become dozens of times stronger than before, that's what we call an NLF to the highest of degree. So now Issei can fight a High 6-B, say "Boost boost boost!" a bunch of times and suddenly become High 6-B? Yeah, calling complete wank on that.

That comparison falls flat because Issei logically cannot amp himself mid battle in Vs Threads or else he'd be in the next tier which isn't reflected on the profile. You literally can't say he can spam Boost to become dozens of times stronger than before, that's what we call an NLF to the highest of degree. So now Issei can fight a High 6-B, say "Boost boost boost!" a bunch of times and suddenly become High 6-B? Yeah, calling complete wank on that.
My guy... I wasn't arguing for what he can do in this battle with that post, I was literally just saying what happens in canon.
He can canonically boost dozens to hundreds of times over the course of a fight, and canonically each boost is a 2x multiplier. We don't accept it because it's inconsistent, but it happened.

If we took boost multipliers at face value, and combined it with linear scaling, Issei could probably reach very well into tier 5 if not 4. More than likely, that's a big part of the reason we've almost always considered it inconsistent and unusable as a reliable measure for stats.
Now, I sleep.

Btw, you see on his profile in his first key where he is city level with dragon shot? That's a 10 to 20 boost amped attack iirc. From Wall level to city level. Way higher ap than it really should be (Although that was just one attack, that's just the one I can think of atm)

🗿

I just woke up so give me a couple hours and i'll make a more indepth argument for Kanda.

But some key points go over is.

1: any lethal attack (or general attack for that matter) will purify Issei's soul and reduce him to elementary particles given his devil physiology, basically one shotting him since he cannot resist this level of decon nor can he regenerate from it.

2: Kanda passively negates all of Issei's demon-based abilities given his layered to shit power nullification against demonic/evil energies, but this of course wouldn't negate his gauntlet since it's draconic in nature (with it being Ddraig)

This is all i'll say as of right now until I create a more indepth/longer argument for Kanda.

Innocence is pretty good vs Issei, likely better than the Excaliburs in the Kokabiel arc but at the same time im not sure how his Balance Breaker is working here- is the armor made of demonic properties or draconic ones? Likely the second as its made by Ddraig, right?

At the same time, Ginsama he could as early as first unlock of Balance Breaker use his boost 20 - 30 times in row...likely the whole paragraph in novel was just "Boost!"... This only increased likely as his body could take more....now Im curious since normally if enraged Issei could also use Juggernaut Drive which is even more insane in boosting? I know he used it when he thought Asia died...did he use it more later?

we don't take in verse one shots into consideration during Vs Threads here.
Oh right. I didn't phrase it correctly. The calculated feat was tanked casually meaning that attacks of that power did nothing. And as you said due to Low 6-B being rather small, if a feat like that happened at the higher end, it can cause one-shots

Last edited:
he could as early as first unlock of Balance Breaker use his boost 20 - 30 times in row...likely the whole paragraph in novel was just "Boost!"...
This, but also consider how fast boost and divide activate. Issei can spam both 10-20 times before comparable people can even get off an attack. Which is the reason why I said Yu probably couldn't even use innocence hax at all before being one-shot.

I'm working on a argument for Yu, it'll be out in a hour or two but i do got a question.

How do we actually consider Issei's boosts in this fight? do we just assume that he could only go up to the highest end of Low 6-B or do we assume he can go into 6-B and beyond?

If it's the latter doesn't that defeat the purpose of the fight, at least kinda? since this is supposed to be a Low 6-B tourney, it doesn't make sense to have a character that'll basically never be Low 6-B in a fight but rather 6-B given how often Issei uses Ddraig's boost in character.

Back