• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M8] CO-OP Tournament: Wahlberg/Domina vs. Escanor/Issei Hyoudou

Froggytron

He/Him
The final match of round 1! The fearsome duo of Headmaster of Easton Magic Academy and Zero's 5th youngest son will clash with the prideful sin of Pride and alongside the perverted, yet powerful Red Dragon Emperor, Issei. The last round1 match starts now!
Important rules to mention:
  • The battle will take place in an 'endless, metal cube planet', in an FU's pocket dimension observing arena, having regular terrain on the surface (lakes/mountains/forests)
  • Win conditions: At least one party member of team A/B remains standing while both opposing team members are defeated. Otherwise, it's classified as Incon, to the next round will advance the team with more participants left standing in a reasonable time, or the team which did better (if both teams have 2 or 1 participant left, unable to be defeated in a reasonable time)
  • Other rules are stated in the tournament hub, so check those for better understanding, SBA for anything else
  • Time of the battle takes place Near-Noon
  • Each fighter can summon at maximum 5 equally strong clones/summons within 2 minutes
  • The results (if non-stomp) could be written on VSbattle profiles with 8 votes!

Team A: []
Wahlberg (6-B, wands true form unleashed)
Domina (6-B, wands true form unleashed)

Team B: []
Escanor (New Holy War Arc key, he is at least 6-B Near-Noon)
Inconclusive: []

Last edited:
So, as I watched 7 Deadly Sins in past and Im watching Highschool DxD currently (3th season now), I will try to argue for Escanor and Issei as objectively I can:

As the time of the battle takes place Near-Noon, Escanor will start upscaling in stats the moment the fight starts. Given his arrogant nature, Escanor would ignore Issei whatsoever and start by sending 'Crul Sun' at his opponents, which he can further enlarge as he throws it:
  • Cruel Sun: Escanor forms a miniature sun in his hand that radiates immense heat. He can control its movements, using it to strike enemies as well as standing on it and using it as a flying vehicle. He can greatly enlarge the sun by putting more power into it.
Issei would start by boosting himself with his Gauntlet of the Red Dragon EmperorBOOSTED GEAR. That will allow him to boost his stats 2x once in several seconds (yet he was shown in the show to boost dozens of times in seconds upon being emotionally triggered, at the cost of exhausting stamina quicker). I guess he would boost from Low 6-B at 6-B right away and then slowly boost in power more and more, trying to be around Escanor and support him when Team A unpredictable opponents attempts their first move at them.

I should first ask if Domina starts off in his base or his Summons, because if he starts in base he gets a small boost in speed when using his summons.

Wahlberg should definitely start with summons or else he blitzes when powering up.

So, as I watched 7 Deadly Sins in past and Im watching Highschool DxD currently (3th season now), I will try to argue for Escanor and Issei as objectively I can:

As the time of the battle takes place Near-Noon, Escanor will start upscaling in stats the moment the fight starts. Given his arrogant nature, Escanor would ignore Issei whatsoever and start by sending 'Crul Sun' at his opponents
I'd say this would lead to Wahlberg facing Escanor then. He'll likely see the Sun man as the bigger threat and face him himself, while Domina can deal with Issei.
, which he can further enlarge as he throws it:
  • Cruel Sun: Escanor forms a miniature sun in his hand that radiates immense heat. He can control its movements, using it to strike enemies as well as standing on it and using it as a flying vehicle. He can greatly enlarge the sun by putting more power into it.
Besides the heat, I doubt Cruel Sun will be able to hit Wahlberg if he's on guard. In fact, this larger attack probably won't do so well, because Wahlberg has already dealt with dangerous projectile attacks, by doing this.
img

Or this, if things prove to be serious
img

Which would also likely take Escanor out if he isn't on the move, seeing as how it took out Necros here.
Issei would start by boosting himself with his Gauntlet of the Red Dragon EmperorBOOSTED GEAR. That will allow him to boost his stats 2x once in several seconds (yet he was shown in the show to boost dozens of times in seconds upon being emotionally triggered, at the cost of exhausting stamina quicker). I guess he would boost from Low 6-B at 6-B right away and then slowly boost in power more and more, trying to be around Escanor and support him when Team A unpredictable opponents attempts their first move at them.
This would prove difficult to do if Domina is on his tail. I dont think the AP boosts will be all that useful, considering how Domina likes to spam his water attacks to overwhelm his opponents. He can even trap Issei with Waters Prisons.
uSoF3v5wc3I.jpg

Which can be followed up by his Secondths (assuming be starts in base.)
mCD99PvgnMk.jpg

Again, assuming he starts in base, this would be a ten times Amp to his power, and would likely take out Issei in one shot if he doesn't Amp fast enough, or enough at all.

I’ve heard people claim Meliodas can beat Naruto, probably as close as Luffy vs Naruto isn’t though

Alright, 1) I love the images, it makes the fight super cool!

2) As for their replies, since there is no detailed notable attack section, I wanna make clear first:

What happened to the 'Dark Magic' sent at him? Did he trap it in the spinning cube? As for 'sacrifice', it powers up the caught attack and is able to fire it back many times stronger in the form of an arrow?
This would prove difficult to do if Domina is on his tail. I dont think the AP boosts will be all that useful, considering how Domina likes to spam his water attacks to overwhelm his opponents. He can even trap Issei with Waters Prisons.

Which can be followed up by his Secondths (assuming be starts in base.)
I think Issei could handle this by using his other hand to repeatedly divide Waters Prisons in half, basically power nullifying them with more time. He could also fly out of them using wings and the immerse strength/speed boosts the boosting will give him. He will continue to dodge/avoid and charge power until he is at least High 6-B to then cause fatal attacks.
Again, assuming he starts in base, this would be a ten times Amp to his power, and would likely take out Issei in one shot if he doesn't Amp fast enough, or enough at all.
EDIT: Yeah they both will start in 'wands true form unleashed', thanks for notifying me about it!

Alright, 1) I love the images, it makes the fight super cool!

2) As for their replies, since there is no detailed notable attack section, I wanna make clear first:

What happened to the 'Dark Magic' sent at him? Did he trap it in the spinning cube? As for 'sacrifice', it powers up the caught attack and is able to fire it back many times stronger in the form of an arrow?
It's just gone, erased, cut from space. It doesn't fire it back, it gets rid of it completely. Of course, this relies on the pins of Wahlberg's wand to move. Think of when you click and drag a mouse, it creates a square. Now imagine if space was erased from that square.
I think Issei could handle this by using his other hand to repeatedly divide Waters Prisons in half, basically power nullifying them with more time. He could also fly out of them using wings and the immerse strength/speed boosts the boosting will give him. He will continue to dodge/avoid and charge power until he is at least High 6-B to then cause fatal attacks.
What do you mean by "divide" in this case? And, unless Issei has class Z Lifting Strength, I doubt he could fly out. Because Mash couldn't swim out even if he had that LS value. And, if Issei is allowed to boost to higher levels, should Domina be allowed to use one of his Thirds?
EDIT: Yeah they both will start in 'wands true form unleashed', thanks for notifying me about it!
Kay

Anyways, in regards to Domina vs Issei, I don't see Domina losing. At the beginning of the fight, Domina will just absolutely flood the area with his water magic. And because he now starts with his Summons, Poseidon the God of the Sea, Domina is just freely able to disappear into it and flow around. This means he can instantly appear behind Issei and strike him down with a Trident Rain. This will likely one shot Issei if he doesn't Amp enough in time. Domina can also create a razor sharp water wall to defend against attacks, can just blast from range with Waters Ponds, further displace Issei's position on ground with "Wave", and can further attack from range with an unknown laser-like attack. He can also send out multiple spikes of Water called "Waters Narwhal" to pierce Issei.

And if he's allowed to use his Thirds, Domina just straight up becomes untouchable, basically becoming a water-type Logia and being unable to be damaged unless the water in the area is drained or he runs out of magic. And if he's hit thrice, Issei would just be sent flying into the air before getting smited by Poseidon himself with a giant beam followed with an explosion. This isn't accounting for Domina's second Thirds, which boosts him to FTL+ speeds and would surround Issei in a cage of lasers.

It's just gone, erased, cut from space. It doesn't fire it back, it gets rid of it completely. Of course, this relies on the pins of Wahlberg's wand to move. Think of when you click and drag a mouse, it creates a square. Now imagine if space was erased from that square.
Yeah, no ranged attack can harm him then. Still not sure if the cube is large 60 meters to harm Escanor on the opposite side as well, even if, likely he will be saved by Issei flying there.
What do you mean by "divide" in this case? And, unless Issei has class Z Lifting Strength, I doubt he could fly out. Because Mash couldn't swim out even if he had that LS value. And, if Issei is allowed to boost to higher levels, should Domina be allowed to use one of his Thirds?
Anyways, in regards to Domina vs Issei, I don't see Domina losing. At the beginning of the fight, Domina will just absolutely flood the area with his water magic. And because he now starts with his Summons, Poseidon the God of the Sea, Domina is just freely able to disappear into it and flow around. This means he can instantly appear behind Issei and strike him down with a Trident Rain. This will likely one shot Issei if he doesn't Amp enough in time. Domina can also create a razor sharp water wall to defend against attacks, can just blast from range with Waters Ponds, further displace Issei's position on ground with "Wave", and can further attack from range with an unknown laser-like attack. He can also send out multiple spikes of Water called "Waters Narwhal" to pierce Issei.
It's called 'divide divine'. By touching anything with the left hand, he can "divide it in half" repeatedly. This way all the water on the battlefield would get 2x smaller, and 2x smaller, and 2x smaller, until it's small enough to do minimal effect. This can also halve the stats of opponents upon touching them with it. He can also avoid those "attacks coming from water" if he can 2x divide all water repeatedly before the attacks hit him.

+while Domina's second Thirds cannot be allowed (FTL speeds), using his Thirds doesn't seem to surpass a high hax level. Issei's way of dealing with the water could potentially defeat him.

Yeah, no ranged attack can harm him then. Still not sure if the cube is large 60 meters to harm Escanor on the opposite side as well, even if, likely he will be saved by Issei flying there.
Which Issei likely won't be able to do if Wahlberg teleports himself and Escanor far away to have a one on one, which is what Wahlberg did when he fought Innocent Zero.
It's called 'divide divine'. By touching anything with the left hand, he can "divide it in half" repeatedly. This way all the water on the battlefield would get 2x smaller, and 2x smaller, and 2x smaller, until it's small enough to do minimal effect.
Is this done in series? Like, is it shown to shrink attacks down? Even if it has, it took Mash using a bucket brigade blitzing Domina, moving tens of thousands of times just to get rid of the water completely. It's going to take a long while to get rid of all that water.
This can also halve the stats of opponents upon touching them with it. He can also avoid those "attacks coming from water" if he can 2x divide all water repeatedly before the attacks hit him.
See above, and Issei is going to have a ridiculously hard time touching Domina with his wide variety of spells and ability to dip into the water and appear elsewhere.
+while Domina's second Thirds cannot be allowed (FTL speeds), using his Thirds doesn't seem to surpass a high hax level. Issei's way of dealing with the water could potentially defeat him.
Only Waters Mad Lance has that FTL stuff. Poseidon's Angus, on the other hand, only boosts Domina's AP to 6-A. Which if issei hits Domina thrice, he's dying instantly because of that sudden boost.

Which Issei likely won't be able to do if Wahlberg teleports himself and Escanor far away to have a one on one, which is what Wahlberg did when he fought Innocent Zero.
That is true, the cube would then wreck Escanor as he would be 'too proud' to escape. Wouldn't Wahlberg also be cut by it from being so close?
Is this done in series? Like, is it shown to shrink attacks down? Even if it has, it took Mash using a bucket brigade blitzing Domina, moving tens of thousands of times just to get rid of the water completely. It's going to take a long while to get rid of all that water.
His profile says: " Statistics Reduction (Can continuously halve the power of his opponents and add it to his own [20]. Can halve the power of attacks until they are significantly weakened or eliminated entirely [21])". It still wouldn't be a fast progress getting rid of all that water.
See above, and Issei is going to have a ridiculously hard time touching Domina with his wide variety of spells and ability to dip into the water and appear elsewhere.
That is also true, Issei mainly fights with melee punches and charged laser beams. Still, with the speed amp Issei got from the boosts and charged beam size, it could be possible to land a strike on him. Still, Domina seems advantageous there.
Poseidon's Angus, on the other hand, only boosts Domina's AP to 6-A. Which if issei hits Domina thrice, he's dying instantly because of that sudden boost.
Also seems deadly for Issei.

That is true, the cube would then wreck Escanor as he would be 'too proud' to escape. Wouldn't Wahlberg also be cut by it from being so close?
What cube? Wahlberg's magic cuts through space in the shape of a diamond/square. It's not 3-d, it's more 2'd, that's fired off as a projectile. And then it cuts through space erasing stuff. Wahlberg can also use this as a melee option by getting close and swiping his wand. Wahlberg can ALSO limit the movement of an opponent, because he can use the pins on his wand to non-lethally cut off and bfr the parts that were cut off.
His profile says: " Statistics Reduction (Can continuously halve the power of his opponents and add it to his own [20]. Can halve the power of attacks until they are significantly weakened or eliminated entirely [21])". It still wouldn't be a fast progress getting rid of all that water.
The link for "eliminating attacks" only leads to power nullification, no example for in series
That is also true, Issei mainly fights with melee punches and charged laser beams. Still, with the speed amp Issei got from the boosts and charged beam size, it could be possible to land a strike on him. Still, Domina seems advantageous there.
Yeah, Issei can Amp himself, but it may not be enough with how brutal and quick Domina is with his trident attacks, constantly hailing down multiple stabs
Also seems deadly for Issei.
Yeah, it is
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/32688/095.0/compressed/i007.jpg

As Domina says, he's untouchable in this state as he's completely transformed into water. The only way to bypass this as mentioned before is to clear out all the water in the area or for Domina to run out of magic power. And if you hit Domima thrice...
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/32688/095.0/compressed/i012.jpg
7352746-1651567384741.webp

6364569-1651567391212.webp

Yeah...

My last argument for Escanor was his fight with Meliodas, where he stood up after practically getting defeated as the noon started, and even Meliodas 10x boosted thousands of strikes only "itched him", while a mere movement of hand one shotted 10x boosted Meliodas at 5:30, seemingly remotely.

Not sure if Escanor could survive space erasing diamond/square, but in a scenario where he still barely lives and noon comes up, can Wahlberg avoid getting one-shoted as Meliodas in the clip at 5:30?

As for Issei, I can see the 'Divine divide' and boosts only helping him last longer until he gets defeated by Domina's arsenal later. At best, Issei could land a 1-2 strikes which Domina could recover from having at least some water in the arena. And after 3th strike comes the Posseidon thing.

My last argument for Escanor was his fight with Meliodas, where he stood up after practically getting defeated as the noon started, and even Meliodas 10x boosted thousands of strikes only "itched him", while a mere movement of hand one shotted 10x boosted Meliodas at 5:30, seemingly remotely.

Seven Deadly Frames☠️
Not sure if Escanor could survive space erasing diamond/square,
He likely wouldn't unless Escanor has feats of surviving injuries that involve most of his body bein erased, since that's the likely outcome if even a Spaces attack hits him
but in a scenario where he still barely lives and noon comes up, can Wahlberg avoid getting one-shoted as Meliodas in the clip?
Does Escanor regenerate? Anyways, Wahlberg has his own trump card if it comes down to this and he gets grievously injured. That is, his Thirds, Uranus Inclination.
img

This is by far his most powerful spell in his arsenal. While it doesn't give a 10x Amp to his AP like other Thirds do, it (seemingly) traps boh himself and the opponent in a subspace, as seen with those panels closing in. What's more, even if Escanor were to kill Wahlberg in this state, it won't negate this Thirds at all. Because Wahlberg can put enough magic power into it for it to persist after his own death. And then it leads to this.
img

As for Issei, I can see the 'Divine divide' and boosts only helping him last longer until he gets defeated by Domina's arsenal later. At best, Issei could land a 1-2 strikes which Domina could recover from having at least some water in the arena. And after 3th strike comes the Posseidon thing.
Yeah. Plus, Domina (and almost all Mashle characters) have some cracked out stamina.

Well, besides crazy body defense (which would maybe have slowed cuts made on him/made them smaller), he only has High-Low regen, so he will likely be killed before Noon. As Issei, he will also likely go down after putting up some fight. And even in his 'The One' form, in the worst case for Team A, both Escanor and Wahlberg would die in his top subspace spell while Domina remains after defeating Issei.

So I will vote Team A FRA Still happy Escanor/Issei put a decent defense moves and weren't defeated immediately

PS: After I watched the final boss fight of season 3 tonight, I can link you how Issei uses his 'Divine divide' to slowly nullify the light beam summoned to destroy him. That's how he could get rid of that water until Domina separates it, so the rest of it isn't affected and constantly halved. So just that it's real.

Back