• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Regeneration 2022: Yu Kanda vs Issei Hyoudou

Dude he does resist Power Null in the Key that he's in which is Apocalypse AnswerArms with his previous Key (True DxD) states the following "All previous abilities, Resistance to Power Nullification (Rizevim and Apophis couldn't nullify his abilities as a result of him possessing Ophis' power of infinity [27] [28])"

Means Divide and Dress Break are usable against Haruka which means that he can strip her of her clothing and constantly halve her and the Summon's AP adding it to his own (as he can interact with spirits). His Limited Durability Negation and Limited Resistance Negation is layered enough to injure somebody with resistance to both still.

Also, how exactly does Haruka's seal work because it says that she can make Ice Coffins and then seal things inside of them would this prevent somebody who can make portals from teleporting outside of the ice coffin? And seeing as Ice Coffin is magic and Issei has resistance to magic I doubt that they'd be effective on him. Plus how will she deal with his Attack Reflection and his ability to grope a booba to absorb energy from the booba to power his attacks?

Pailingal gives him the advantage in combat because it is not like she can tell her booba to stop talking meaning that she probably would even know that they are telling him her attack strategy. Issei himself is pretty smart and can think of plans to defeat more skilled opponents after seeing their powers being used, running away to plan an attack isn't out of character for him either. Couples with his range advantage she isn't getting close to him unless he wants her too.

Also in this key, all of his resistances and abilities are vastly enhanced plus he can manifest both Ddraig and Ryuuteimaru to fight alongside him. Ddraig himself shares most of the same resistances and abilities as Issei and can also summon other dragons to aid him in battle meaning that her six summons will be mogged.
This man just stole my whole flow

Yu doesn't even have booba to use any of Issei's female-only (i.e. Dress Break and Pailingal) abilities on and I am not an expert in DxD to be copied

wisers-slow-clap.gif
Oh my God this had me on the floor☠️☠️☠️☠️. Wtf.

i think Speedster actually sent the message in the wrong thread, since he referenced Haruka a character wich Issei is confronting in another thread

Tldr: Basically what i'm arguing is that Yu Kanda would speedblitz with Level 3/4/5 Illusions and one shot Issei with either his Innocence or Exploding Spirit Cut before he can boost his own power or divide Yu's power.
So; as you yourself and Zara kinda of alluded to in previous posts, innocence would be very effective on issei himself because of him demonic physiology; however he is fully cloaked in Draconic armor and in order for something like Innocence hax or spirit cut to work here, it would have to actually touch Issei himself (Actually, damage him given the profile but kek). And if he summoned Ddraig, it wouldn't even be effective against him (Innocence hax).

And while Yu is rushing over to Issei trying to break through that dragon armor, because mind you even if the amp is thought based he still has to launch an attack, he's getting divided and issei is boosting many times over.

Boost Example Divide!

Iirc he doesn't spam divide as much in the anime because it shaves off a good portion of his life span, but this issei doesn't have such a weakness.

So; as you yourself and Zara kinda of alluded to in previous posts, innocence would be very effective on issei himself because of him demonic physiology; however he is fully cloaked in Draconic armor and in order for something like Innocence hax or spirit cut to work here, it would have to actually touch Issei himself (Actually, damage him given the profile but kek). And if he summoned Ddraig, it wouldn't even be effective against him (Innocence hax).
Which should be very easy for Yu Kanda since he's extremely comparable in AP to Issei (With Yu Kanda being at least 1.7 compared to Issei's 3)

That's still within range for Yu Kanda to damage Issei, especially when he's using Level 3 Illusions and above which can easily cut through people like Skinn Bolic who completely tanked Level 2 Yu's attacks which cleanly cut through Level 3.5 Akuma which completely tanked the Dark Matter blast of the Earl which is 1.7 Teratons.

Unless the action of summoning Ddraig is instant and comes from a thought or passive he won't help Issei in anyway since Issei would already be dead from the Innocence or Exploding Spirit Cut.

And while Yu is rushing over to Issei trying to break through that dragon armor, because mind you even if the amp is thought based he still has to launch an attack, he's getting divided and issei is boosting many times over.

Boost Example Divide!

Iirc he doesn't spam divide as much in the anime because it shaves off a good portion of his life span, but this issei doesn't have such a weakness
As shown in the anime clips you've posted both actions require Ddraig and Albion to say "boost" and "divide" respectfully for the powers to activate.

Which wouldn't happen given the distance between Yu and Issei and the fact that Level 3 Illusions and above are though-based to activate which is much faster than speaking.

Yu would just activate one of his illusions, speedblitz and one shot Issei before he could activate either power.

Ye. More and more, this seems like a stomp match for Yu. Due to how the tourny works, Issei can't use his most important hax-slash-starting moves effectively, Issei gets one-shotted via Yu's hax, Issei literally can't react despite speed equal being a thing due to speed boost, a lot of Yu's stuff seems like it is thought-based which is better than Issei's voice-based stuff, and... this is literally the only match in the whole tourny that gives such a one-sided advantage to Yu due to his stuff being anti-devil/demon shit and Issei being a devil/demon himself.

It's also listed as Damage Boost on the profile I still don't get the illusion part in it but if I somehow miraculously makes it to the Semi's I'll probably ask then more about it anyhow...you guys can continue to discussion.

It's also listed as Damage Boost on the profile I still don't get the illusion part in it but if I somehow miraculously makes it to the Semi's I'll probably ask then more about it anyhow...you guys can continue to discussion.
Damage Boost is for the Level 2 Illusion only.

Level 3 and above are Statistics Amplification. (plus with some other abilities but they don't matter rn)

If there is anything else regarding this debate that Popted2 and Yung mentioned you'd like to confront you can go ahead and do so to prevent any further delay.

Back