• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier Low 6-B Tournament of Regeneration 2022: Yu Kanda vs Issei Hyoudou

Ye. More and more, this seems like a stomp match for Yu. Due to how the tourny works, Issei can't use his most important hax-slash-starting moves effectively, Issei gets one-shotted via Yu's hax, Issei literally can't react despite speed equal being a thing due to speed boost, a lot of Yu's stuff seems like it is thought-based which is better than Issei's voice-based stuff, and... this is literally the only match in the whole tourny that gives such a one-sided advantage to Yu due to his stuff being anti-devil/demon shit and Issei being a devil/demon himself.
Alright we'll wait and see what opposition's counter is to what Decieved has posted above.

Will point out that if the deciding reason for why Yu wins this is speed blitzing, his amps don’t count because Issei is faster without equal speed.
Speedblitzing is one of the deciding factors why Yu wins but not the only one.

It's in conjunction with Yu' hax's from Innocence, Exploding Spirit Cut and the AP amp given from Illusions as well, it wouldn't matter if Yu just speedblitz Issei if he didn't have anything that'll actually allow him to kill Issei.

So it should count but that's just my opinion.

I mean that even if he got everything besides the speed amp, he would still lose to the Divide and Boost spam. Speed blitzing before Issei can respond is the sole reason he is winning this rn hence why it wouldn’t be valid.

Not necessarily since he can still cross the distance in a very short amount of time even without the speed aspect of his amps.

I would still argue he would get there before Issei could activate either abilities/the effects of either abilities to proc.

I'm saying this since this version of Yu Kanda scales above BOS Lenalee in-terms of movement speed and said Lenalee can move at the speed of sound.

So he can definitely cross that distance in a short amount of time and just AP/Hax stomp Issei.

Also you have that rule which states that speed amps aren't applicable to characters who would normally be slower in speed unequalized in a speed equalized match up?

Will point out that if the deciding reason for why Yu wins this is speed blitzing, his amps don’t count because Issei is faster without equal speed.
Why do speed amps get begged by equal speed?
Eq speed only apply to the speeds they are at that particular key. If that’s not the case then it should tbh cuz that’s how I and others been debating.

Why do speed amps get begged by equal speed?
Eq speed only apply to the speeds they are at that particular key. If that’s not the case then it should tbh cuz that’s how I and others been debating.
It’s not that they get negged. It’s that if they are the sole reason why someone who is slower (according to the profiles) wins then they get negged since without speed equal, they would be the ones to get blitzed.
Not necessarily since he can still cross the distance in a very short amount of time even without the speed aspect of his amps.

I would still argue he would get there before Issei could activate either abilities/the effects of either abilities to proc.
Yes but Issei’s Boost and Divide can be used x10-x20 times before his comparably fast opponent can respond to him doing it.
I'm saying this since this version of Yu Kanda scales above BOS Lenalee in-terms of movement speed and said Lenalee can move at the speed of sound.
Issei in this key has a scaling chain above being FTL. Speed of sound really doesn’t matter.
So he can definitely cross that distance in a short amount of time and just AP/Hax stomp Issei.
Agree to disagree FRA.
Also you have that rule which states that speed amps aren't applicable to characters who would normally be slower in speed unequalized in a speed equalized match up?
Looking for it rn.

It’s not that they get negged. It’s that if they are the sole reason why someone who is slower (according to the profiles) wins then they get negged since without speed equal, they would be the ones to get blitzed
What is speed amps are all the characters has

sure it starts as speed eq but are we going to disregard the amps?
Whatever answer, no problem

What is speed amps are all the characters has
Then I question the writing 😭
sure it starts as speed eq but are we going to disregard the amps?
Whatever answer, no problem
Peep Witch’s link
@AnonymousBlank I'll address your arguments later, currently doing stuff with my dad.
Take your time dude. Fiction can take a backseat lol
What a goat. Ty for saving me the effort 🙏

Votes are 8 : 1
I think that we should move on to other matches, If this match's result change then I'll update the scores.
First_Witch also was asking whether the tourney is dead or not cause of the delay, Anyhow we can always go back to this but for now on to next matches.

Votes are 8 : 1
I think that we should move on to other matches, If this match's result change then I'll update the scores.
First_Witch also was asking whether the tourney is dead or not cause of the delay, Anyhow we can always go back to this but for now on to next matches.
yeah lets move on

I was going to respond to Blanks comments today but it seems this match has concluded before i had the chance.

But something i would like to say is that Yu's speed amps are still applicable within speed equalized matches, its just that they can't be added to the profiles. (which i'm fine with)

Any speed equalized match, in which a major reason a character loses is due to having a disadvantage against some speed value they usually wouldn't have a disadvantage against, may not be added to profiles.

As a result, winning a speed equalized match against a faster opponent due to a speed boost so large that it blitzes the opponent will not be added.

Back