• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is stealing planets considered an AP feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm asking this because Atomsk's profile says he can steal entire stellar systems, which is true, since that's because of his skilled use of his N.O. channel (which is portal creation), and it uses it as a justification for 4-B.

If he just opens a portal and moves the portal around the solar system, it wouldn't be. If he did something to move the solar system into the portal all at once it would be.

The thing is, we have no idea HOW he moves the stellar system, this is a single statement that's used by Amarao as an example at how skilled using his N.O. channel Atomsk is, and doesn't have any more context to it.

Do we have any feats from when Naota was using Atomsk's power. Otherwise, it might be better to give him an "at least 8-A, at most 4-B" rating

I don't think the 4-B rating should stay at all considering nothing points towards Atomsk moving the stellar system with his own strength, but rather just using his N.O. channel.

Actually when he uses the N.O. Channel to move stuff, doesn't it suck things in, it would be assumed that's what happened with the solar system, that would still be AP, though it might not scale physically.

Oh no this definitely shouldn't fly. Ports creation to "steal" planets is definitely not an AP feat. Some verses have actually used the steal planets statement but it's case by case. It ultimately depends on how the feat itself is carried out

AstralKing7 said:
It ultimately depends on how the feat itself is carried out
This is basically the problem I have. This feat was only mentioned once, by Amarao and not Atomsk himself or anyone who actually saw it, and it happened totally off-screen as a part of Atomsk backstory.

This is basically the problem I have. This feat was only mentioned once, by Amarao and not Atomsk himself or anyone who actually saw it, and it happened totally off-screen as a part of Atomsk backstory.

Then the only thing I could see would be a possibly. Even then if the feat has never happened on screen then it shouldn't be used especially if it's hinted at using portal creation

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
is there anything implies he does it in a way that scales to him?
Does using an N.O. channel (an hyperspace oppened by the pulses of the brain) to move a stellar system count as anything that could possibly scale?

If a solar system is moved, that's solar system level. His N.O. portals suck objects into them rather than moving around an object, so it would have had to have moved the solar system (or at least the star and planets individually) to do that.

He is solar system level only if the moves the SS fast enough to get this tier, or moved it with FTL speeds, then he get the baseline 4-B value

Blahblah9755 said:
If a solar system is moved, that's solar system level. His N.O. portals suck objects into them rather than moving around an object, so it would have had to have moved the solar system (or at least the star and planets individually) to do that.
I know that, the problem is that the N.O. channel sucking the stellar system would in no way scale to Atomsk stats. At best you get "At least 8-A, 4-B with N.O. channel" because this totally isn't Atomsk's own strength.

I agree with that Ionslite. It shouldn't be his physical tier. It should probably just be a "possibly" rating as well. As for speed, even if it took a week or something to take in the whole solar system, that would be ftl, so it most likely would be.

Ok, so he'll be "At least 8-A (Scaling stuff). 4-B with N.O. channel (The whole stellar system feat)", is that ok to everyone?

Actually no I don't agree with this at all. It can't scale to his speed in anyway because portal creation doesn't scale to AP. It's being sucked in by the portal. Being pulled in by the portal. Not his physical strength

AstralKing7 said:
Actually no I don't agree with this at all. It can't scale to his speed in anyway because portal creation doesn't scale to AP. It's being sucked in by the portal. Being pulled in by the portal. Not his physical strength
That's literally what I just wrote. His stats are 8-A and MTFL+ because of his own feats, but we should also note the 4-B feat performed by his N.O. channel, which doesn't scale to his regular stats, and isn't combat applicable in any way.

You should ask the active members listed in the FLCL verse page to comment here.

For moving celestial bodies, it depends on how fast you move the bodies. Though, if moved at FTL speeds, we just use the sum total of the GBEs of each and every planet and star being moved. Moving a solar system would just be 4-C that's barely above baseline. But moving star systems with multiple stars is usually High 4-C unless there are some Neutron stars being moved. Then it would be 4-B.

If the feat happens off-screen with no detail and no indication of its physical strength doing so, I say yeet the feat.

The Calaca said:
If the feat happens off-screen with no detail and no indication of its physical strength doing so
This part is technically wrong, it's explicity said by Amarao that this was done because of Atomsk being skilled using his N.O. channel, so we know how he did it, but it doesn't scale to his physical stats.

I meant in the sense of how he did it. I don't know FLCL so I'd need a bit of context for the N.O. Channel's function.

So, they used portals to steal planets after scrolling up?

Well, copying from the official translation of the novel:

Instinctively holding his breath, Naota turned around, and there on the scooter... was Amarao.
Naota, obviously disappointed, took a sip of the black coffee.
Idiot, what were you hoping for?
"You've already grown up, so you drink the bitter stuff," Amarao said. "Your brain needs glucose. If your brain is to get back to normal, it's better to drink the sweet stuff. You must be pretty tired of it now. Every time something jumps out of the N.O. in your head, it causes trouble. N.O. is a technology that uses the pulses between the left and right brain to cancel each other out and open a hyperspace channel. I don't think your housemaid is going to be coming back ... but just in case."

The Calaca said:
If the feat happens off-screen with no detail and no indication of its physical strength doing so, I say yeet the feat.
I agree with that. If anything it's range, but without context it's dubious to use for AP.

I'm confused, why would we remove the feat when we can just word it like I said? It's obvious it doesn't scale to his physical stats, so I don't see the problem with my proposal.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
For moving celestial bodies, it depends on how fast you move the bodies. Though, if moved at FTL speeds, we just use the sum total of the GBEs of each and every planet and star being moved. Moving a solar system would just be 4-C that's barely above baseline. But moving star systems with multiple stars is usually High 4-C unless there are some Neutron stars being moved. Then it would be 4-B.
That's not at all what our Celestial Body Feats page says. Moving an entire solar system, multiple solar system, galaxy, or multiple galaxies at ftl speeds is considered the corresponding tier going by that page.

The objects are physically moved to be pulled into N.O. channels when teleported, so that would have AP separate from the character's physical tier.

4-B and 3-C standards comes from omnidirectional blasts that cover than and destroy every planet and star in the solar system/galaxy all at once. Simply moving all planets and stars at once is not even close to that AP wise.

Antvasima said:
I think that Calaca and Assaltwaffle seem to make sense.
But that's totally ignoring the N.O. channel moving the stellar system. It doesn't scale at all to Atomsk stats, but it's still a feat performed by the N.O. channel.

Okay. I am not the best to ask about this.

Is the N.O. channel literally moving their masses with physical force or is it simply warping space or allowing them to move through "hyperspace"/another dimension?

N.O. channels wrap space to create a portal that sucks something from one end to make it appear from the other end. That's how Naota's was shown to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back