• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> What is this Tier 5 to Tier 4 feat people keep bringing up?

I have no idea about either honestly. Even the snap feat isn't really Tier 5 or 4. I guess t could come from the previously posted Hela calc but scaling would be super convoluted (assuming its even accepted)

Davidsteel1 said:
7th Ki'oon said:
Christ, Thor says to rocket that his hammer was forged there and with the same metal.

Sunday is going to be interesting for Hela.
Yes I am very much aware of what Thor said, the question I asked was y we are assuming the material is neutron star alloy when so far the material has gone unnamed? I am not being dismissive of anyone and I'd much prefer if u didn't come across as dismissive of me; y is it a logical leap to consider the material to be neutron star alloy? According to the internet a single teaspoon of such material would weigh six billion tons, I understand that we have to be lenient with fictional physics but I imagine I'm not the only one who's raising their eyebrows at the thought of such a drastic power level change in a verse especially since nothing has ever come remotely close to the feat.
I recollect something about the alloy being powerful, and Thor saying to the guardians that they'd go made and die if they'd to use a weapon of the same calibre as Stormbreaker.

This going to comedy down to, consensus (remember that the infinity gauntlet should be forged with the same alloy). Is the film makers intent taken literally or is it downscaled by what is supported on screen EG feats over statements.

That movie completely satisfied my hype, hoo boy. My thoughts on the scaling, which I thought actually wasn't bad at all:

- Physically, Thanos scales to Ragnarok Thor

- Thanos should be "___ physically, ___ with Gauntlet's powers" because his various Gauntlet showings far outstrip his physical showings

- Staggering Thanos is not the same as hurting him. Spidey, Starlord, Drax, etc. don't scale to Hulk at all, idk what some people in here were going on about. As he said to Iron Man, "all that, for a drop of blood"

- Current Iron Man armor scales to Hulk, possibly superior to him. Previous Iron Man armors don't scale to Hulk at all (except maybe Hulkbuster but I'd need to rewatch AoU to be sure)

- Ebony Maw is so much more powerful than he was in the comics, damn. He scales to Strange

- Corvus and Midnight are only powerful due to their weapons, which are scaled to Vision. Physically they are peak human tier.

- Black Dwarf scales to Hulkbuster and therefore Hulk

- Once again, MCU Spidey is shown to be really ******* strong

- Gamora has weapons capable of hurting people in Ragnarok Thor's tier

- Doc Strange easily scales to Ragnarok Thor's tier, his fight with Thanos was epic

"Staggering Thanos is not the same as hurting him. Spidey, Starlord, Drax, etc. don't scale to Hulk at all, idk what some people in here were going on about"

Worth noting that Hulk is also one of said people who was only capable of staggering Thanos without inflicting actual harm. Thanos beat down awakened Thor before the movie even began, and Hulk only staggered Thanos by catching him off guard, after which Thanos promptly beat him near unconscious in a matter of seconds with virtually no effort. Tony's best efforts with his new suit still only managed to make a small cut on Thanos' cheek, which is some of the only actual damage he suffered in the entire film, aside from getting his chest sliced open by Stormbreaker Thor.

The guy is definitely an absolute beast.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Does Scarlet Witch scale ? Spino argued for it , Jack argued against it ? Does she truly scale to Awakened Thor ? I need to know
Maybe? She's clearly powerful, but she never really has a direct confrontation with Thanos. She pushes back against him with her powers while trying to destroy the mind stone, but after he reaches her and rips it out of Vision's head, he just kind of backhands her away and that's the end of it.

I think what we can all agree on is Thanos>>> practically the rest of the MCU and heavens did Josh Brolin do a hell of a job portraying this character.

Marvel bought Fox's rights to the fantastic four

Inb4 Galactus and SS

(I've yet to see the new avengers though)

Someone stated that Witch nade Thanos struggle and was forced to put up a barrier . Wouldn't that make someone scale to someone who was beaten effortlessly by Thanos ( Thor ) .

@Seed

He puts up a barrier and she briefly slows his advance towards Vision. She possibly scales to guys like awakened Thor, but I'm not sure if this is enough. Hell, Spider-Man causes Thanos more trouble than the Hulk does, but it's not necessarily through raw power.

That...doesn't really answer my question. Is this from assuming Mjolnir was made from a part of the star? Because the forge Mjolnir was made in is shown to not literally be inside of a neutron star, if that's where this is coming from.

@Seed

A case can easily be made that Scarlet Witch scales to Awakened Thor imo, but definitely not Stormbreaker Thor. Her energy attack forced Thanos w/5 stones to actually put up a shield and his advance toward her was considerably slowed, while it's implied he had zero trouble against Awakened Thor when he only had 1 stone.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
That...doesn't really answer my question. Is this from assuming Mjolnir was made from a part of the star? Because the forge Mjolnir was made in is shown to not literally be inside of a neutron star, if that's where this is coming from.
No, it's the durability required to resist the core of a neutron star.

Do you have the exact quote? Because I'm almost positive Thor gets Stormbreaker from the same forge that crafted Mjolnir, and the process definitely isn't as out there as it literally being made inside the star.

In Infinity War Thor doesn't resist the core, but the surface temperature.

Guys, what about Thanos throwing a black hole to Strange, and him being able to redirect it to another dimension? How would that scale?

In Infinity War Thor doesn't resist the core, but the surface temperature.

I'm not talking about that feat.

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan So are you trying to say that since Mjolnir was forged inside a neutron star, Mjolnir's durability would have to be high enough to resist that force?

@Seed
He puts up a barrier and she briefly slows his advance towards Vision. She possibly scales to guys like awakened Thor, but I'm not sure if this is enough. Hell, Spider-Man causes Thanos more trouble than the Hulk does, but it's not necessarily through raw power.
As noted by many, thanos durability didn't increase, hell both gemora and loki's weapons pose a physical threat to him. Also he was being cautious, and after nearly losing the gauntlet. And with the final stone in front of him. He takes out everyone before trying to take it. Tis something to be said that, thanos need to press forward rather than walk casually. But she doesn't scale anywhere near thor unless she gets 2C Hax for breaking the mind stone.

The Everlasting said:
Just saw it.
Holy hell that ending...
Indeed, it really makes me wish that ant man come before infinity war due to tonal whiplash. Captain marvel is fine since its setting her up for part 2.

The mind stone isn't 2-C, and Wanda was specifically noted to be able to break it due to her powers operating on a "similar frequency", thus destabilizing its molecular structure.

We're not even sure how powerful Thanos with the full Gauntlet is yet, as he's only done one thing so far, which was to erase half of all life in the universe with a single snap of his fingers (which is nuts).

The mind stone isn't 2-C, and Wanda was specifically noted to be able to break it due to her powers operating on a "similar frequency", thus destabilizing its molecular structure.
We're not even sure how powerful Thanos with the full Gauntlet is yet, as he's only done one thing so far, which was to erase half of all life in the universe with a single snap of his fingers (which is nuts).
Hence, the unless.

I find quite ironic to be in the opposite side of this debate. Anti planet level naruto, championing comic IG for the MCU. For what reason should it not be the same?!

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
But Thanos with complete gaunlet is 3-A.
Universal Thor confirmed.
Find this ironic as it hilarious, because that's going to be a serious discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back