• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> and now some characters curb stomp the dceu.

Power maybe. But it still seems like they're all to slow to handle anyone but Batman. Team MCU is varying degrees of mach 2,800+ while the DCEU team is mach 3,700+ to Sub-Relativistic

I believe SW just holds back most of the time. It would make sense given what happened in Civil War.

Qawsedf234 said:
> and now some characters curb stomp the dceu.
Power maybe. But it still seems like they're all to slow to handle anyone but Batman. Team MCU is varying degrees of mach 2,800+ while the DCEU team is mach 3,700+ to Sub-Relativistic
We may get FTL reaction speed for Thor given he can navigate the Bifrost with Stormbreaker.

That seems more like flight/teleportation speed considering Loki did the same in ''Ragnarok ''and even Jane realized they were moving in ''Dark World''.

Question regarding the neutron star: wasn't it just the heat that was required to melt the metal? Iirc once the metal was melted it drained into the cast and formed the hammer. And the metal is still never given a name.

Qawsedf234 said:
That seems more like flight/teleportation speed considering Loki did the same in Ragnarok and even Jane realized they were moving in Dark World.
Agreed it's like Goku's instant transmission but it's still a great ability addition for Thor. He could BFR opponents.

Agreed. BFR gives Thor a lot of options. Plus if he knows good locations he can move the fight to areas that benefit him more.

Heatforce said:
Question regarding the neutron star: wasn't it just the heat that was required to melt the metal? Iirc once the metal was melted it drained into the cast and formed the hammer. And the metal is still never given a name.
Dwarf star alloy?!

Also strange can do ƒÆ» plus shadow clones

Sir Ovens said:
Black Widow, Okoye, and Cap only hurt the Children of Thanos by using their weapons against them.
True. But not just that. Okoye and Natasha were parrying and keeping up with them. That last Wakanda fight was portrayed them as = to Cap at least.

Qawsedf234 said:
> Thanos should be 2-C with Complete Guantlet giving him universal scale with the Reality Stone.
Why 2-C? He didn't destroy anything on the universal scale besides living beings and that nearly shattered the gauntlet. It isn't as strong as the 616 varient. I get range but power seems off.
Via reality warping. Did i not just say with the reality stone?

Heatforce said:
According to Ragnarok Mjolnir (which Stormbreaker seemed to have a similar creation process) was forged from neutron star alloy . Which does mean both versions of the origin stories of Mjolnir are correct

TheFinalOrder said:
Via reality warping. Did i not just say with the reality stone?
If you're talking about range or scope I agree with it being unversal. But not in terms of AP

Thor's star feat is unquantifiable btw. A newtron star has a surface temp. Of 600,000 K. We don't know how much of that was used to heat Stormbreakers metal.

Qawsedf234 said:
Heatforce said:
According to Ragnarok Mjolnir (which Stormbreaker seemed to have a similar creation process) was forged from neutron star alloy . Which does mean both versions of the origin stories of Mjolnir are correct
Aha fair enough.

Qawsedf234 said:
Heatforce said:
Damn, that hela crushing feat keeps getting more op by the movie.

Next its going to make her multi galaxy. The dragon ball vs threads will be hilarious.

To add, the "Dwarf" guy mentioned that Thor was taking on the star's concentrated power to my memory. Which means the heat could've been focused into the beam that hit Thor, so the full temp might very well count even without the assumption.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
I thought we assumed it was the full heat until something contradicts it.
Peter Dinklage, says he needs a couple of minutes to forge Stormbreaker. Including melting the ingots. Damn this 7 minute scene keeps rescaling everything.

And Thor was tanking the iris whilst this was happening. Kind've disappointed that the groot scene didn't become groot permanently sacrificing himself, or the that the presumably really cool handle wasn't shown. I wonder how this scales to groots durability. This hammer was just forged from the heat of a sun, and groot doesn't get instantly incinerated by touching it, so 1000+ degree's heat resistance?! It's interesting that the weapons are more arrow heads than swords.

TheFinalOrder said:
Thor's star feat is unquantifiable btw. A newtron star has a surface temp. Of 600,000 K. We don't know how much of that was used to heat Stormbreakers metal.
Humor, everyone as to what it would be.

Here's what Eitri said about the forge thing

Eitri: You understand boy... you're about to take the full force of a (maybe the?) star

Also tbf the star did almost kill Thor. If Stormbreaker didn't give him a similar heal like Mjolnir did in Thor 1, Thor probably would've died. Anyways this does mean that Thor should've been taking the star's full heat for about two minutes before he finally passed out.

Also, wouldn't this men that the agents of Shield are from one of the 14 million where thanos succeeds? (only on episode 9,legal streaming in the UK and all that, so no spoilers. Unless absolutely necessary!).

So quake panics refuses to be erased, and tries to resist takes the earth with her. Or maybe doctor strange already placed agents onto a separate timeline because of his time stone abuse.

Qawsedf234 said:
Anyways this does mean that Thor should've been taking the star's full heat for about two minutes before he finally passed out.
More coma really. He didn't even have third degree burns.

7th Ki'oon said:
TheFinalOrder said:
Humor, everyone as to what it would be.
1/27th tbe heat of the core of our sun.

> More coma really. He didn't even have third degree burns.

He was pretty injured and it seemed (to me at least) that he was barely alive. It seems like a refrence a similar event to what happened when the Destroyer punched Thor all the way back in Phase 1. Plus Marvel in this phase likes the call backs. Like Banner's jump in Ragnarok and Captain America's "I can do this all day" line in Civil War

Just seen the movie; loved it, honestly the end made me cry hard. But on to the matter of scaling may I suggest taking certain feats with a grain of salt, for instance the iron man lifting feat mentioned earlier happened on a planet with lower gravity than earth or in the case of the black order defeating Vision, I feel it is necessary to remind everyone that they initially injured Vision severely with a sneak attack and he was in pain through most of the movie (a weakened Vision shouldn't scale to anyone really).

The likes of Drax, Peter and Cap never hurt Thanos. Drax generally never landed a direct hit from the front, he came from behind, hit Thanos behind the knees etc. Peter's most effective hits as far as I remember were keeping Thanos off balance (webbing in the eyes, guerilla tactics with Strange etc.) but no one actually ever hurt the big bad and the two most noteworthy things cap did to Thanos were 1) moving his chin after Thanos allowed Cap to take some free shots and 2) holding back Thanos hand for all of 5 seconds or so.

Also while Thanos is without a doubt a physical monster and with energy manipulation even much more a monster, the infinity Stones don't amp his physical stats making him somewhat of a glass canon- he can rip a moon apart but gets hurt by Iron man. So I would suggest keeping his physical stats and the power granted by the stone separate. Physically he scales to Marvels physical heavy hitters, Thor barely phased him in the beginning and he bodied the Hulk through being stronger and far greater skill. We also don't have any notable feats for his shields aside from blocking small energy attacks and Scarlet witch so I don't think scaling her to Thanos showings with the gauntlet should go.

Also keep in mind this is a crossover event and as with such things scaling in usually a mess so we cannot write off the possibility of PIS (aka Thor's Stormbreaker cutting through the full power of the infinity gauntlet

Davidsteel1 said:
Also keep in mind this is a crossover event and as with such things scaling in usually a mess so we cannot write off the possibility of PIS (aka Thor's Stormbreaker cutting through the full power of the infinity gauntlet
It really don't think that's PiS, somewhat thanos underestimating Thor and the movie doubling down on making Hela stupidly powerful. With star alloy and her casually crushing the Hammer mjolnir.

The same was said of Hela before infinity war backed her.

@7th Thanos underestimating Thor is only speculation; a reasonable speculation I suppose considering how easily Thanos crushed him earlier and not knowing about a power up but still speculation nonetheless and I'd advise we make as little speculations as possible. As for the Hela thing; I've been off for a long while and might have missed a few things but as far as I know the metal was never named so why are suddenly making the assumption it's neutron star alloy? Ragnarok only describes Mjolnir as being made from an unspecified material from a dieng star. In fact the only real purpose the star itself served in infinity war was to power the forge and melt the unspecified metal.

The dialogue from Thor is linked above. "Made from special metal from a dying star". Wait a minute....groot lifted the damn thing O_O

Thor should be atleast High 6A with stormbreaker because the feats we got from the IG were the Universal life wipe and surface busting the moon so ge should atleast scale to the power stone

Davidsteel1 said:
@7th Thanos underestimating Thor is only speculation; a reasonable speculation I suppose considering how easily Thanos crushed him earlier and not knowing about a power up but still speculation nonetheless and I'd advise we make as little speculations as possible.
As for the Hela thing; I've been off for a long while and might have missed a few things but as far as I know the metal was never named so why are suddenly making the assumption it's neutron star alloy? Ragnarok only describes Mjolnir as being made from an unspecified material from a dieng star. In fact the only real purpose the star itself served in infinity war was to power the forge and melt the unspecified metal.
Christ, Thor says to rocket that his hammer was forged there and with the same metal.

Sunday is going to be interesting for Hela.

Heatforce said:
The dialogue from Thor is linked above. "Made from special metal from a dying star". Wait a minute....groot lifted the damn thing O_O
True, but the enchantment of the Hammer mjolnir, wouldn't beat similarly applied, because it wasn't complete. Also gravity difference.

Ssr4vegito said:
Thor should be atleast High 6A with stormbreaker because the feats we got from the IG were the Universal life wipe and surface busting the moon so ge should atleast scale to the power stone
To quote this wiki, tier 5 includes Dwarf stars, so 5A+ for Thor, and 4C below for Hela.

What is this Tier 5 to Tier 4 feat people keep bringing up? Thor's best durability feat in the film was tanking the focused energy of a star for a couple minutes, and then Stormbreaker later overpowering the Gauntlet.

If something else was calced at Tier 5 I'd love to see that.

7th Ki'oon said:
Christ, Thor says to rocket that his hammer was forged there and with the same metal.

Sunday is going to be interesting for Hela.
Yes I am very much aware of what Thor said, the question I asked was y we are assuming the material is neutron star alloy when so far the material has gone unnamed? I am not being dismissive of anyone and I'd much prefer if u didn't come across as dismissive of me; y is it a logical leap to consider the material to be neutron star alloy? According to the internet a single teaspoon of such material would weigh six billion tons, I understand that we have to be lenient with fictional physics but I imagine I'm not the only one who's raising their eyebrows at the thought of such a drastic power level change in a verse especially since nothing has ever come remotely close to the feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back