• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that ash vanished as well?

It was a gradual process with their body gradually turning into a much smaller mass of ash, and then that ash vanishing. At least, I didn't remember any piles of ash being left over or gripped by remaining characters.

When Bucky died, Cap walked near and knelt down. You can still see ash. Cap then puts his hand on the floor. While I'm uncertain, he might be picking up the ash. I can't see what he's doing, streamango is blurry.

When Spider-Man dies, Iron Man falls to the floor. He looks at his hand and wipes away something. It might be ash. Btw, we can still see ash in the background, implying the wind blew it away.

If you look closely, there was ash from Peter's body on Tony's hand when he started being emo.

We already know that their death is a gradual process, couldn't the ash just be the pieces which get erased last?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
@Gemmysaur I rewatched the fight a few times. I still think Iron Man scales cuz he's actually holding his own, unlike Hulk and Thor getting rekt. He also made him bleed, and Thanos acknowledges that. He even blocked a few hits (though got defeated at last) when Thanos started fighting him seriously.
I didn't say he won't scale, just that he's not necessarily above Thor and Hulk. Thanos is only "At least Island level scaling from Thor and hulk after all. Thanos could also possibly acknowledging that Iron Man is a worthy opponent despite being from a lesser race (Thor did mention that tinkering with the tesseract means Earth is ready for a higher form of war, meaning, Earth never so much as register on anyone's threat radar). Not having watched rhe movie yet, did we even have a Thor vs thanos fight before Stormbreaker? Skill and variety is a massive thing to consider when they're not too huge apart in strength tiers, and Thor > Hulk in both regards (as is Iron man for the latter with his nanomachines, son).

He stomped Thor at the start of the movie off screen, he also swiped him away at the start, and is above Ebony Maw who easily restrained Thor.

(Spoilers)

I believe most of them died to Thanos' missile attack on the Statesman due to the ship's condition, but i can't be sure, it's possible the rest of Thanos' forces took care of them, since they are shown twirling their weapons around and scouting the bodies. Could be both, and likely is.

It's been a while and camrips won't help, but does Iron Man and Spidey's usage of nanomachines look similar to Black Panther's?

I didn't say he won't scale, just that he's not necessarily above Thor and Hulk. Thanos is only "At least Island level scaling from Thor and hulk after all. Thanos could also possibly acknowledging that Iron Man is a worthy opponent despite being from a lesser race (Thor did mention that tinkering with the tesseract means Earth is ready for a higher form of war, meaning, Earth never so much as register on anyone's threat radar). Not having watched rhe movie yet, did we even have a Thor vs thanos fight before Stormbreaker? Skill and variety is a massive thing to consider when they're not too huge apart in strength tiers, and Thor > Hulk in both regards (as is Iron man for the latter with his nanomachines, son).

Avengers Infinity War Thanos vs Iron-man fight scene
Avengers Infinity War Thanos vs Iron-man fight scene.-0

iron man did not use a piercing attack to make him bleed, he used a blunt strike.

if it was indeed piercing then the bloody scratch would have been longer. the blood from thanos head looks like a point, not a line.

I'm gonna say I believe Thor scaling to the Infinity gauntlet with Stormbreaker is just wrong; like seriously it's a textbook case of PIS. Stormbreaker without a doubt amps Thor's strength, but to think it literally anps him by a factor of infinity is just ridiculous and on top of that would just create awful scaling issues in the future. Like just think about it, Captain Marvel has already been confirmed to be the most powerful mcu hero and we already know that the gauntlet has been taken out of the equation due to Thanos actions, so more than likely they'll be going against base Thanos in the next movie for a time and there is no way they are just gonna let him get stomped; everyone will face off against Thanos, he'll hold his own against the likes of Marvel and Thor- so what universal base Thanos? And what of Hulk when he comes back after what is obviously his current character arc? Extrapolating from what we've seen so far he's going to be stronger than we've ever seen him (just like everyone else) so what then universe level Hulk? And what if Iron man steps up his game again? U see where I'm going?

Davidsteel1 said:
I'm gonna say I believe Thor scaling to the Infinity gauntlet with Stormbreaker is just wrong; like seriously it's a textbook case of PIS. Stormbreaker without a doubt amps Thor's strength, but to think it literally anps him by a factor of infinity is just ridiculous and on top of that would just create awful scaling issues in the future. Like just think about it, Captain Marvel has already been confirmed to be the most powerful mcu hero and we already know that the gauntlet has been taken out of the equation due to Thanos actions, so more than likely they'll be going against base Thanos in the next movie for a time and there is no way they are just gonna let him get stomped; everyone will face off against Thanos, he'll hold his own against the likes of Marvel and Thor- so what universal base Thanos? And what of Hulk when he comes back after what is obviously his current character arc? Extrapolating from what we've seen so far he's going to be stronger than we've ever seen him (just like everyone else) so what then universe level Hulk? And what if Iron man steps up his game again? U see where I'm going?
You seem to be predicting a physical confrontation against Thanos next movie, when we have absolutely no idea about what will happen later. If there's issues with the scaling with the later movie, they can be fixed once they're known.

Yes I'm predicting a physical confrontation with Thanos because that's generally how these movies work, Marvel movies are first and foremost action movies and hence are prone to combat. And prevention is better than remedy; y even subject ourselves to having to correct the scaling issues later when we can address them now by avoiding obvious issues?

Plus now that I think about it there is all of 1 universe level feat in the entire movie and it was that feat that broke the gauntlet, because a character is capable of universal level feats does not mean that every action they take will be equal to a universal level feat especially if they can only ever perform the feat once- as we see is the case with Thanos.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Since Matthew Schroeder is going to make an official thread today, here are all possible upgrades you guys and I brought up.

Thanos with complete gauntlet: universal range with lifewipe, and Universe level with complete gauntlet via scaling to the Aether. Stormbreaker Thor scales, as Stormbreaker tanked all 6 Infinity Stones and heavily wounded Thanos. Whether he has Existence Erasure or Death Manipulation needs to be discussed.

Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive: Small Building level (Nearly comparable to Captain America), City level with weapons (Harmed Vision)

Thor, Hulk and those who scale: Island level, maybe Large Planet level if my recalc of Hela crushing Mjolnir (using neutron star) gets accepted. Thor also tanks "the full force of a star".

Base Thanos and Iron Man Mark 50: At least Island level (At least Large Planet level if my calc is accepted), Thanos is stronger than Ebony Maw who restrained Thor and Doctor Strange, Iron Man is superior to Hulk and Thor for he actually made Thanos bleed slightly. Thanos should be higher with Incomplete Gauntlet.

Captain America and those who scale: Small Building level, maybe higher (Staggered Thanos)

Star-Lord and those who scale: Small Building level, maybe higher (Restrained Iron Spider, staggered Thanos)

Iron Spider: Small Building level, maybe higher (Staggered Thanos), with MHS+ reactions (dodged Thanos's meteor)

Ebony Maw: Island level, maybe Large Planet level if my calc is accepted with telekinesis (Restrained Thor and Doctor Strange)

Cull Obsidian: City level (Overpowered Hulkbuster)

Doctor Strange: Small Building level physically (Those needles could kill any human), Island level/Large Planet level with magic (Fought Thanos)

Scarlet Witch: Island level/Large Planet level (Forced Thanos to conjure a barrier, and made him struggle even behind the barrier)

Black Widow and those who scale: At least Wall level, possibly Room level (Black Widow and Hawkeye have fought Room-levelers in the past, Black Widow even defeated Corvus Glaive)

Tell me if I missed something.
@everyone Since I live in Hong Kong and Matthew Schroeder lives in Brazil, I'll be asleep when he creates that official thread. Can you guys do me a favour and post those suggestions to Matthew's thread? I don't want to wait another whole day for Matthew to reply. Thanks in advance.

I don't think the meteors are MHS+ actually. Rewatching the scene Thanos usee the space stone to teleport all the meteors. So they were only moving fast enough to ignite the air in-atmosphere

There are 3 things important to remember.

• Thor was off the screened by Thanos
  • When Thanos beat Hulk and Thor, he was wearing armor, unlike with Tony Stark.
  • Captain America hit Thanos with his Vibranium shield, so, his AP would've been significantly higher, Likely City Level scaling from his old shield.

Actually, Thanos also swiped him away with a casual hit, there's also scaling with Ebony Maw, and scaling from Hulk.

You'd also have to prove that the armor increases the force of his strikes.

ByAsura said:
Actually, Thanos also swiped him away with a casual hit, there's also scaling with Ebony Maw, and scaling from Hulk.
You'd also have to prove that the armor increases the force of his strikes.
It's already been proven. The Vibranium shields scale to his old shield.

I might be late to the revisions tomorrow by the way (unless it's staff only).

Was Thanos atually injured by anyone side Stark (Barely qualifies) and Thor? If all they did was make him stumble that is more to do with weight and force I think.

Literally haven't seen the movie or read this thread. Are there new feats? I will watch later even if not, I'm just curious

Here's what i can tell for Thanos in terms of DC

at least 7-B at base (Should be superior to the likes of Loki)

6-C With Power Stone (Stomped Post-sakaar Hulk and Full-power Thor)

5-C With 4 infinity stones (Ripped apart a Moon)

Unknown with all 6 (Wiped out half the universe)

Matthew Schroeder said:
I saw the movie. Thread will come later.
Although I normally despite staff only threads, this may need to be one of those. So many people throwing around so many different suggestions that the two Infinity War threads aren't getting anywhere.

@Matt

Did the OBD calculate it? I've been seeing talk of 5-A or even Low 4-C Thor, which I found to be an extremely massive jump

That was based on faulty reasoning. A better way of quantifying it is this:

The neutron star in the Dwarf Realm clearly had what was a Dyson Sphere around it. As well as multiple Dyson Rings around that as well.

The dwarf says that Thor was tanking the full power of the star, which makes sense given the structures around it are designed to harness the full power of a star.

Dyson Spheres can harness the energy produced by a star's luminosity.

One solar luminosity equates to 3.828×10^26 Joules/s

The most famous Neutron Star, LGM-1, has a solar luminosity value of 0.006, or 2.2968e24 joules

We can safely say that that's the energy Thor would be tanking.

@Matt It would be less than that; Thor wasn't tanking it all or else the metal wouldn't heat. His surface area isn't high enough to block the entire opening.

Um @Matt, @Assalt do u mind dumbing down for the likes of myself who don't really get fancy numbers? Like where would that land on the attack potency scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back