• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I personally don't think most MCU characters are MHS+ (specially peak humans like Black Widow), but the problem comes from the fact that anyone can keep up with each other, it's not like Thor or Thanos are moving much faster than other weaker characters.
I'm fine with the speed downgrade though, I do think it's something we need to work on

I'd say, just scale the street levelers to the Netflix peeps speed

Actually now that I look at the fight, BP dodged Hawkeye way more and the latter really had to try and get a grip on the guy after his bow got snapped in half. IDK if we should be scaling like that for that brief an encounter as compared to say, Spidey vs Strange or Spidey vs Electro.

He dodged predictable arrow shots. Clint blocked and dodged hits from a murderhungry T'Challa

Yeah he kicked him in the face
I also seem to remember that in Civil War, Natasha attacked BP without reacting with her bracelets (maybe i'm remembering wrong)

Aren't those around the Subsonic mark?
Doesnt this depends on the speed of the character firing the arrow as well? Unless every bow and arrow in fiction is subsonic, Im pretty sure sometimes it can tag even Hypersonic to Infinite speed characters

Doesnt this depends on the speed of the character firing the arrow as well? Unless every bow and arrow in fiction is subsonic, Im pretty sure sometimes it can tag even Hypersonic to Infinite speed characters
Normally it would depend on the guy firing the bow, yeah, but uh... not sure if Hawkeye's qualified enough to push it to its maximum limits based on his whole "Guy with a bow and arrow" talk, I mean, his primary advantages are mainly what the arrowheads pack on them.

To make a litte summary: these are the counterarguments against downgrading Loki from Low 7-C
The Mark 46 is a noncombat armor. And Loki literally wanted to conquer Earth and had killed his friend Coulson, Iron Man had no reason to hold back
Alright so "but the shots are random!" For Loki scaling is... *****. Just pure *****. You'd pretty much have to prove his shots, the shit he spams 24/7 are variable on a guy who JUST threw him head-first through safety glass on one occasion and was proclaiming his superiority the other, but hey, I guess if you want to say that a blast of Tony's shots with damn near the same amount of charge up as a blast that damaged his own armor is "random" go ahead.

I don't much care about the rest but Loki is certainly Low 7-C in Durability, and solidly so, the 8-Cs can't do shit to him and the 7-B Hulk thrashed him, so yeah.
These are the counterarguments against downgrading the Guardians of the Galaxy from Low 7-C
Star-Lord and Rocket survived his blows, and it's stated that Ego attacked them with everything he had

Gamora doesn't have any keys, plus they scale from characters that can withstand their weaponry like Korath, Adam Warlock and the High Evolutionary

I don't see why that matters but Rocket also survived an attack similar to the one that one-shot The Other

This is just headcannon, The Other never demonstrated any kind of hax, and the statement is pretty clear in highlighting Ronan's strength: "We’ve had the Other, who’s obviously very powerful even in comparison to Loki, and then we see Ronan wipe his ass with him"

When Quicksilver went to punch Cap, one of Clint's arrows was moving.

I'm fine with downgrading the speed of non-enhanced humans to this
wait why did this tag me since it's another post you replied to smh
The thing about that statement is Gunn says "obviously", as if we were shown his great power. When we saw The Other in The Avengers, it was through a mental connection via the septre. So this is from Loki's perspective. He super speeds over to Loki, then makes a threat of pain, followed by a quick touch that makes Loki jolt his head in pain. So this great power that we're supposed to know of is just pain inducement. The reason I bring up the speed bit is because this could mean the Cosmic Rod is faster than The Other, who is a blurr to Loki. This could be a useful bit of scaling come The Marvels, being as Dar-Benn has her own Cosmic Rod.
In general I don't think Other should be scaling for anyone since he's kinda garbage and only gets a statement to hype him up (which means very little since "power" could refer to to other aspects

Back