• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Imbalanced World RP: Thread 2

SKS: Uh ...

We better go investigate it later

SKS: Alright

But first, i go to my bedroom and check the comfyness level of my bed.

Harinder for obvious reasons gets his own room, and heads inside trying to make his own game to play with himself, using his impure mana and a bit of negligence.

The group each find their way to their own luxurious hotel room with a queen sized bed and a window overlooking the city, the rooms have all of the necessary conveniences, including a small fridge filled with food.

The sound hums back at Dies.

Harinder's impure mana does not cause any damage, though a few of the lamps in his room flicker slightly in response to it being manifested.

The humming sound is moderate while in their rooms, though persistent, it is not loud enough to prevent anyone from sleeping.

This humming is going to be annoying but its best I don't do anything without asking the King if its meant to be there first. Now to finally get some sleep and put this day behind me and deal with tomorrows pain fully rested.

Alexander then proceeds to go to sleep after having a light snack.

Bad is comfy, but now to get to the bottom of the humming cr-

• Gurgle noises
First a light snack.

I backward long jump from my bed to right in front of the small fridge and eat everything i can gulp down in a single bite.

SK: You know, with all the fighting you've done, maybe you should just rest.

No, I've already slept far enought, it's time for action !

SK: <-<

After filling my stomach, i jump out of the window of my room, while turning on wind logia and start rapidly flying towards the source of the damn humming noises.

Those who go to sleep fall asleep with no issue, though their dreams seem strange, unusual patterns and lines appear in them, Alexander's in particular remind him of people screaming, though the others could make this connection as well. Harinder's dream sees the patterns being more intense then those of the others, he feels a distinct feeling that could only be described as both rejection and acceptance at once.

The city hums back at Dies, the humming seems to echo through her head more for some reason now that the gloom is gone, she absorbs a decent amount of gloom, a fair bit more than one would expect from a normal hotel room.

Jack quickly recognizes that there is no singular "source" of the sounds, the humming reverberates across the city itself, with each and every corner of it making its own sound, however he does sense more intense humming coming from the direction of "down", there are no clear access points to head downwards however.

Alexander stays sleeping not thinking of the dreams as anything but ordinary weird dreams.

I feel the the sounds comes from "down" so i will go "down".

Changing my elemnetal logia from wind to electricity, i plump downwards in a lightning-like fashion and try to borrow in the ground by using it as a conductor, though while SKS made sure there's was nobody underneat me. pushing them away with wind control in case.

In Harinder's dream, the patterns grow more intense, they feel as if they're pulling him downwards somehow, the emotion conveyed now is "regret".

In Silas' dream, the patterns distinctly remind him of screams as well as sounds of something flowing and dragging. The lines twist downwards as Silas makes contact with them.

In Alexander's dream, he sees the images of the people from before, far more distinct, the lines travel through their bodies rapidly until they scatter and vanish.

The city continues humming as Dies lies in the bed, despite the gloom being gone, she feels a strange sense of unease radiating through the hum.

Jack has difficulty moving through the ground, though eventually he finds his way to an old maintenance tunnel of sorts, the hum can be heard as normal there, glowing blue manatech pipes line the walls of the tunnel, which has a path upwards and a path downwards.

I turn out of my logia form.

I n t e r e s t i n g

SKS: Yay, we found a place :D

I follow towards the path where i perceive the sound to be more intense.

In Silas' dream, as he attempts to head downwards, the lines become more intense, loud sounds akin to screaming echo all throughout the dream, he eventually reaches a point where the lines coalesce into a massive indeterminate structure of some kind. Just looking at the structure causes Silas to feel overwhelmed.

The path downwards is where the sound is most intense, with Jack following it down, he finds himself in a twisting series of tunnels, Jack feels a sense of unease as he wanders about, eventually he finds a crossroads, a path leading forward, left and right, the hum is equally powerful from each direction. The air in these tunnels feels unusual somehow.

The city hums back at Dies again, almost as if it was trying to speak to her, though had no means to truly do so, the sense of unease intensifies as she hums at the city.

In Harinder's dream, the patterns are hard to make sense of, but Harinder understands that a grave mistake was made here in this city that lead to a great degree of suffering for many people.

In Alexander's dream, the lines move towards one central position, coalescing into something akin to a distorted hexagon, seeing this hexagonal thing makes Alexander extremely uneasy.

SKS: Ok, soooo where to now ?

Onward

SKS: Uh, why ?

The most straightfoward path is always the right one

SKS: Uuuuuuh, alright Onii-San <-<

I continue down the middle path.

Harinder nods along to the sleep. His concious mind currently unconcious doesn't truly have the processing power to make sense of it at the time.

Alexander's dream continues the same as it did previously, remaining unchanging.

The city hums back, but Dies cannot properly interpret the hum, the sense of unease intensifies again, she feels as if she's being watched.

As Silas approaches the structure, he feels more and more overwhelmed just by being near it, he can see that everything in the dream is converging there, that this is the thing "it" wants you to see, it seems to be calling out to Silas. Asking for help.

As Jack goes through the path, he eventually feels the sound grow somewhat louder until he comes across what seems to be a dead end, an abandoned control room dotted with rusted devices and panels, seeming to be at least a century old.

Harinder's dream continues as previously, unchanging.

A few minutes pass, after this happens, everyone, including those sleeping, suffer a sharp pain in their heads, awakening them and disorienting the ones that are awake.

SKS: It seems it wasn't the right one

Just a set back, now let's check th- oh shit my head.

I feel like crap, covering my forehead with my right hand, disoriented.

SKS: Are you feeling bad ?

Don't worry, it's nothing.

SKS: Are you sure ?

Look, just why would i lie about it ?

SKS: <.<

I approch the pannels, to check if there's anything pointing at their fuction and if they still work.

Harinder groans from the pain. rubbing his head with his hands, he rises from the bed. He Dresses himself with his clothes, and leaves the room, looking for something to eat. The Question about what truly happened here still on his mind.

Back