• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki's fights, skills and character.

Yes, I do. And Alicization is the only part SAO I actually consider good, I have a more mixed oppinion about the earlier arcs.

SAO is one of the worst examples of the author being pushed into an uncomfortable spot and it ended badly because of that that I can remember.

Plus, .hack did it better.

Sorry, I have a hard time reading how it has better characters than Vader over the memory of an armless naked goddess being humped to death by a flaming clown.

I don't remember how that's explained in the books but I think it's better

Don't get me wrong, I'm not even a MHA fan. But I liked the fights and animation. Some characters were nice too, like Mirio or Katsuki.

SpookyShadow said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not even a MHA fan. But I liked the fights and animation. Some characters were nice too, like Mirio or Katsuki.
Nice to know that you're a man of culture. Most people who watches/reads MHA doesn't really like Katsuki.

"Most people who watches/reads MHA doesn't really like Katsuki."

He topped one of the popularity polls

Edit: Correction, multiple popularity polls

Maybe I should've reworded it as more along the lines of "most people who hasn't gotten up-to-date with watching MHA anime doesn't really like Katsuki", because I could've sworn there were a lot of comments from people about them disliking Katsuki in MHA season 1 and 2. Lol.

Well, i read the manga and i still doesn't like him. And because he's honestly not the most sympathetic guy ever, i can understand why people hated him. Personally i'm just unimpressed by his character and i don't care if he's a violent moron who screams a lot (i like Endeavor after all, and he's a terrible person).

As for Rakudai, i never watched it. I've only seen Digibro's video comparing it to Asterisk War, the setting just isn't for me and the character writing doesn't seem to fit my standards. I have nothing against underdog stories however, realistic or not it's still a strong theme. I can understand wanting some stories where the struggle simply wasn't enough, and Pen isn't the only one who crave for it (i've had a friend who lost interest in MHA because Deku got a quirk instead of accepting that he can't fulfill his dream).You won't find a lot of pointless quests in action-packed stories marketed toward a young audience. After all the main point of storytelling isn't realism (in most cases) . That's why we follow the guy who just happened to succeed, because his story is interesting or at least entertaining. Now of course you can make a story about failure interesting, and even entertaining too, but it's still a choice of the author, not the most realistic outcome. After all in Rakudai's case, if we followed the most realistic outcome, Ikki would probably live a normal life and there would be no story.

Yes, that's why he's a good character. Trying to make an abusive father somewhat sympathetic is a bold move. Usually those characters never get any redemption arc, and it's hard for the audience to forgive them, especially if said audience relate to the abused character.

Izuku actually was going to accept he can't fulfill his dream, but All Might came in at the right time.

That's a part of why I like his character, he didn't go through some gruelling training for a dream he was told to be impossible, he only gave his all when there was legitimate point to it; his outlook on things was realistic and while I don't think that's better than other approaches in and of it itself, it does help set him apart for me

Honestly, Endeavor having a hard time being properly redeemed would, in my eyes, be less because he's an abuser trying to change for the better after his head cleared up and more because... Jesus freaking Christ there's so many people utterly obsessed with Todoroki.

He's embodiment and composition of countless souls of warriors who lived for thousands of years (if not more) and that includes these guys, the last ones destroyed entire continents while being corrupted, and also he has souls of Chosen Undead, Great Lord Gwy and Bearer of the Curse. Not only that, but he's a combination of ridiculous amount of other warriors, like every other one who tried to link the flame/linked the flame and became corrupted (which is absolutely incredible feat in Dark Souls verse, as you have to go through something that makes word "hell" look like a joke). If we had to list his "skill feats" or something then we would have to list "skill feats" of all warriors that are inside Soul of Cinder, and that being combined with even greater "skill", wisdom and experience.

Pretty words with no feats listed. Ikki has a lot of pretty words, you don't see me bringing them up as arguments though like "Ikki is more skilled cus he was stated to be beyond what hard work and experience can get you to", or "He possesses the ultimate skill that is widely said to be more impossible than logic defying abilities such as blazer noble arts".

As for the feats of listing every single skill feat, then sure. List them, quantity < quality. Being a combination of a trillion plebs ain't giving you a spot over Ikki in skill.

And that continent thing is just AP.

Creaturemaster971 said:
Some of my OCs are more skilled than Ikki
cheap shot

I don't shove skill feats into my characters

Instead I just do stuff like this and acknowledge there's a limitation to how skilled someone can really be

Firephoenixearl said:
>More skilled than Ikki

Why do people still think that sentence exists?
Earl, because of statesments like this, people find it hard to take Ikki's skill seriously.

DMUA said:
>Big Mood

DMUA just pulled a vsco girl move.

Though dmua what was that link above? Seems like a buncha calcs.

@Ion

Ikr, that's the fun part. xD

@Spooky

Feels bad man. Always copy anything that takes time to write. One time fandom yeeted a whole medaka CRT i had writte

Firephoenixearl said:
Though dmua what was that link above? Seems like a buncha calcs.
That's the point, it's not skill, it's just ludicrous stuff I've pulled in my writing

That mountain throwing feat actually has an awesome story behind it

It was a tabletop I was running based on my verse, and the fight was dragging, so I, completely from my rear end, decided to throw an entire mountain at my players

One of them was like "Ha, the object is way bigger, it won't be able to go nearly as fa-"

"They're throwing it at near light speed"

That player proceeded to phase to the upper limits of the atmosphere to escape.

You can do a lot of things that people will remember you for, just with AP, I usually really don't bother with Skill. The martial arts and whatnot definitely comes into play, but it's not what people really remember and get blown away by, especially when the skill feats are as dumb as Ikki

@Earl

That's a shortened version of what I wrote: there's a heckton of swordsmen, sorcerers, mages, pyromancers in DS verse like Artorias, Gael, Abyss Watchers who still fight with incredible battle prowess while being batshit insane. They are not by ANY MEANS plebs, they started as humans and did a Star-Level feat by growing, developing, training to just not let their only hope in life die, and that was for THOUSANDS of years. Every single knight was a man fully dedicated to fighting abyss and linking the first flame which required immense amounts of willpower and what you call "skill", not only sheer fighting skill but also tactical, deduction, survival skill etc. and every single soul of these guys is in Soul of Cinder's body. Lorian and Lothric, who fought Ashen One while being fuckng cripples and completely insane having their mind corrupted by abyss, same with Abyss Watchers who were shadows of their selves etc.

That continent feat is not AP, but they fought every single warrior on continent and killed them, and that was also when they were insane.

I'll list those skill feats once I ask Miyazaki for listing thousands of feats, you know. Dark Souls is not a novel, it's not that easy to have all of that written in just one game and that's not what this game is about. Just letting you know, I believe Soul of Cinder can be more skilled than Ikki. After seeing the amazing animations in-game of every boss and their swordsmanship, it's hard to believe to me that Ikki can be more "skilled" than these guys multiplied in thousands, or even more. Idk what to think about Ikki's "skill feats" wall of text and if we should take all of that seriously, some of this is definitely PIS and bad writing or flowery language. I'm not a Rakudai fan but Dark Souls has real swordsmanship which was actually shown. And consider this, do you believe for example that Lord Boros from OPM feat with sensing Saitama's power and describing it as bottomless without fighting him is a skill feat?

Yeah, just more tons of pretty words and nothing concrete. "Growing to star level", ikki literally grew beyond the fate, causality and logic of the world.

I've said this before, more things come into play than mere skill when you're fighting. AP, durability, speed, luck, compatibility etc. And even assuming those were all equal, it's still just a difference of skill, not a skill feat. So it just proves that person was much better than the dudes he fought, doesn't really give a concrete example of how skilled he is.

Yeah, but for saying "he's more skilled than ikki", you gotta have some kind of argument don't you? Those arguments would be feats.

And "The skill feats look like PIS", this argument still exists...with 0 basis. The argument is

"Ikki's skill is PIS"

"Why?"

"It just is"

>Ikki literally grew beyond the fate, causality and logic of the world.

If that's what you call a skill feat, that's a perfect example of PIS.

SpookyShadow said:
>Ikki literally grew beyond the fate, causality and logic of the world.
If that's what you call a skill feat, that's a perfect example of PIS.
That's willpower. You can break the chains of fate with willpower.

But.. That's not skill. That's pure willpower. Last I saw, Desperados are born when someone reaches the maxt potential granted to them by the world and then someone keeps pushing. Ikki didn't deceive fate, did such an awesome skill feat he could break fate, didn't fight personified fate and outskilled - he just worked like a ******* madman to what should have been his limit, then his unflinching will to continue pushed him forward.

Otherwise, you are just calling someone like the puppeeter dude more skilled than Ikki by downright Desperado-ing someone against their will using his power, which should be no less difficult and seemingly he did it without issue. Which is honestly dumb. Some shit just isn't skill, no matter how the series tries to call it that. Or if you interpreted that it was what the series meant.

Or let me do you one easier. Skill is grounded on logic, no matter how outlandish you may make it because fiction.

What or who did Ikki outskill and how? How do you outskill fate? What did the outskilling undertake in the first place?

If you can't actually answer this, then skill is a mere excuse.

I didn't call it skill doe.

Spooky brought up "reached star level via growth", and what i meant is "that's about as much skill as ikki breaking through fate via growth".

Back