• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Sword God vs The Fist Of God

Trackless Step = Garou doesn't realize he can perceive Ikki.

Trackless Step (抜き足 Nukiashi): Created by the legendary God of War, Torajirou Nangou, Trackless Step is a part of an ancient Japanese martial art, which the user combines both their breath control and footwork to split into their opponent's unconsciousness due to the brain being unable to process all of the little details that a person sees or hear without overworking itself and/or burning out. As such, the Trackless Step doesn't accelerate a person's movements, but it instead makes their actions challenging to perceive even though they're able to see them, their brain doesn't recognize it as relevant information. It appears as if they had just zoned out for a moment.

I see. From the gif you sent, it is as if he suddenly appears in front of Garou like teleportation and strikes him right? However, can't Garou dodge it with Instinctive Reaction? His body dodges without him seeing the opponent.
Yeah but can he do anything besides just dodge though? Cus it means he literally cannot take the offensive on Ikki due to well, not perceiving him.

Cus then you have Edel sword style to deal with.
  • Edelweiss' Swordplay: After his initial encounter with Edelweiss through the use of his Blade Steal, he was able to utilize her swordsmanship at the last moment before he passed out. Due to the nature of Edelweiss' swordplay, it boosted his speed to where the former Seven Star Sword King, Yuudai Moroboshi couldn't even react though he could hear the attacks and sense Ikki. Ikki can also use Edelweiss' technique for purposes other than swordsmanship, such as restarting his own heart after it had stopped. After copying the style Ikki could use the Seven secret swords even without Ittou Shura, furthermore, the style ignores energy reduction from hitting the atmosphere, making the attacks themselves silent due to not hitting air. Due to lacking the need to accelerate he seems many times faster than he actually is, producing blitz like effects even against people superior to him in speed along with also becoming hard to perceive due to having an acceleration that far exceeds anyone's motion perception (lacking acceleration entirely).
Basically he just seems many times faster than he is due to having infinite acceleration, and because of infinite acceleration he would also take less time to perform actions meaning dodging him will be extremely hard.

Garou has fought entire battles without being able to see his opponent due to his IR.
Doesnt mean he doesnt prefer using his senses to pick up someone. Not to mention it would create issues with analyzing his opponent, predicting him and other things like that while Ikki would have no such issues.

Doesnt mean he doesnt prefer using his senses to pick up someone. Not to mention it would create issues with analyzing his opponent, predicting him and other things like that while Ikki would have no such issues.
It wouldn't create issues because he's had no issues not utilizing his conscious mind for combat.

Garou not being able to recognize ikki as information, therefore not precepting him would create such issues. It would be much harder to analyze what you can't see, if he even could analyze that. He wouldn't be able to see techniques being performed, he wouldn't be able to get clues from his opponent's stance, patterns and other things like that.

I guess that's interpreted as resistance on Ikki's side. Reading comprehension do be through the roof.

Thats not Earl saying Ikki resists A.P, that's Earl saying Garou not utilizing his senses would hinder his own A.P. Which it wouldn't.

So... Garou stomps with the amount of martial arts and techniques he knows even being capable of fighting and defeating a master like Bang while asleep making Ikki his bitch

You have to understand that the techniques would also be categorized as unnecessary information. To copy something you'd need to process the mechanics then try to replicate.

Although I don't think Garou has ever copied anything to the degree of "infinite acceleration via skill" or trackless step regardless.

You have to understand that the techniques would also be categorized as unnecessary information. To copy something you'd need to process the mechanics then try to replicate.

Although I don't think Garou has ever copied anything to the degree of "infinite acceleration via skill" or trackless step regardless.
I don't know, Garou in this form has been said to gain knowledge of the flow of all energy and the behavior of all forces in the universe. Hence why he starts doing stupid shit like splitting atoms and GRB. Garou's cosmic awareness should allow him to be able to understand and grasp what Ikki's doing because he's on a whole other level

I mean that's part of the bullshit that I said should be restricted cus very technically if we allow that, then shit like GRB are skill, VERY technically speaking.

You don't have to explain the mechanics behind Trackless Step to me, you dorkmuffin. I understand them. But making the brain perceive something as unnecessary doesn't help against a guy who can fight sheerly through instinct.

I mean that's part of the bullshit that I said should be restricted cus very technically if we allow that, then shit like GRB are skill, VERY technically speaking.
GRB isn't just skill though, Garou also has the reality warping or energy manipulation to create the techinque. Something like his Cosmic Awareness shouldn't be restricted because that's a big factor in his Power Mimicry and Reactive Evolution, you'd be straight up just restricting his ability to utilize his skill proper.

But making the brain perceive something as unnecessary doesn't help against a guy who can fight sheerly through instinct.
I am not denying it would help in dodging, it's copying techniques way beyond what Garou has copied before that the issue lies in. Or predicting beyond ikki's insane AP, through sheer instincts.

Yeah but can he do anything besides just dodge though? Cus it means he literally cannot take the offensive on Ikki due to well, not perceiving him.

Cus then you have Edel sword style to deal with.
  • Edelweiss' Swordplay: After his initial encounter with Edelweiss through the use of his Blade Steal, he was able to utilize her swordsmanship at the last moment before he passed out. Due to the nature of Edelweiss' swordplay, it boosted his speed to where the former Seven Star Sword King, Yuudai Moroboshi couldn't even react though he could hear the attacks and sense Ikki. Ikki can also use Edelweiss' technique for purposes other than swordsmanship, such as restarting his own heart after it had stopped. After copying the style Ikki could use the Seven secret swords even without Ittou Shura, furthermore, the style ignores energy reduction from hitting the atmosphere, making the attacks themselves silent due to not hitting air. Due to lacking the need to accelerate he seems many times faster than he actually is, producing blitz like effects even against people superior to him in speed along with also becoming hard to perceive due to having an acceleration that far exceeds anyone's motion perception (lacking acceleration entirely).
Basically he just seems many times faster than he is due to having infinite acceleration, and because of infinite acceleration he would also take less time to perform actions meaning dodging him will be extremely hard.
Also throwback to this. What can Garou do to getting pseudo blitzed?

you'd be straight up just restricting his ability to utilize his skill proper.
I mean not necessarily, he has already used crazy levels of skill without needing cosmic awareness. Im just worried of shit like "he even learned reality warping". Cus the energy manipulation alone isn't what gave him portal creation, it was whatever the **** the cosmic awareness did to him. So it's not the awareness itself that Im being a bit wary about, it's the shit that it has allowed him to pull off like copying reality warping, stats etc. There's almost nothing purely skilled that Garou has pulled off due to the cosmic awareness, just about everything has been BS simply because it's not skill in any sense of the word.

He didn't copy reality warping, he just has it in that form. He utilizes his reality warping to both copy and create his new energy based techinques such as Blast's. Also with you arguing for Ikki, I would hope you understand how weird your argument of "Garou does nothing pure skill" in this form is. Ikki's "skill" is a host of bullshit all on its own even more not skill. So let Garou, who has more than just "lol skill and experience" justifications in this form stand just fine

He didn't copy reality warping, he just has it in that form. He utilizes his reality warping to both copy and create his new energy based techinques such as Blast's. Also with you arguing for Ikki, I would hope you understand how weird your argument of "Garou does nothing pure skill" in this form is. Ikki's "skill" is a host of bullshit all on its own even more not skill. So let Garou, who has more than just "lol skill and experience" justifications in this form stand just fine
Garou was capable of reality warping before fighting Blast?

Also i don't mean Garou in general, i meant the Cosmic Awareness shit, turning into saitama with all stats copied isn't skill. That's what i meant. Not everything Garou does.

I was going to address Earl's last points but considering that would only further the life of this thread, Meh, I wont dignify them.

Energy and forces don't let you create portals in space.
It's been like 3 months since Cosmic Fear Mode Garou, and people still don't understand his abilities despite the manga making it very clear what they do.

Here are Garou's main abilities:

1. Flow
2. Shakkei/Modes

What makes Shakkei/Modes and Flow so different is that with Flow, Garou can copy techniques, but his strength and skill may not be as good as the original. Though Garou can pair this with his Accelerated Development in order to surpass the original by many times in extremely short periods of time. Garou using Shakkei/Modes doesn't need to use Accelerated Development in order to match the original, though he can also stack it in order to grow in a boost exponential rate .

Another difference between Shakkei/Modes and Flow is that Flow is generally centered towards Pseudo-Science, being able to draw upon forces that already exist in the universe, while Shakkei/Modes is generally against living things in order to copy specific abilities and techniques.

This also brings up the question of why Garou didn't use Shakkei/Modes when he copied Blast's hyperspace gates. The reason he did that is due to the very likely theory that Blast's abilities are an extension of his Gravity Manipulation, and are being used in a way that allows him to create gates between space-time that are quite reminiscent of Wormholes with Black and White Holes on each end sending him through.

Since Gravity and Wormholes fall under the classification of an energy or force that exists in the universe, Garou would be able to copy that with his Flow without having to rely on Shakkei/Modes.

... can't Garou just Time Travel? Or at worst BFR Time Travel Ikki somewhere else? Or Portal BFR?

Or can Ikki dodge that by skill

... can't Garou just Time Travel? Or at worst BFR Time Travel Ikki somewhere else? Or Portal BFR?

Or can Ikki dodge that by skill
Garou can't use Time Manipulation, he literally says it himself. He knows how to do it but he's just incapable of pulling it off. BFR Portal Spam is fair game though.

Back