• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki's fights, skills and character.

If the context was only his very first move, then he wouldn't have "revealed any mysteries his Kenpou may have had". That's not addressing merely his next move, but his fighting style as a whole.

Good point, but I would like to see exactly what Kenpou entails to see how impressive that is.

She said it to one of the maniwani, during episode/book 4.

Uuuhh... Looking at it, the most normal people are a dude that uses chains with swords at the tip, a dude good with a sword, another I can't quite remember and a girl using whips. Though even the whip using girl can control them to the point they act like nigh living things.

The less normal is the leader who can absorb life force to live longer and speed boost who able to change its direction like Inertia didn't exist, a dude that can perfectly change his physical shape and shot his spear from his stomach, a dude that can get super luck to the point he battles by ricocheting balls, a dude who can lengthen his nails to use as weapons, a dude who can see the near full past of anything and a dude who can become nearly weightless.

She also copied nail and weightless dude.

Most of the maniwani have their powers come from Ninpou rather than Kenpou. That's why I wanna re-check that specific episode to see what the hell Kenpou is.

I know about her copying the nail and weightless things, but those are both Ninpou, and were copied by witnessing them twice, not by precog.

Kenpou is a martial art. It's specifically noted to be one that can reliably and efficiently take down most enemies, and he's impressed that Nanami was able to dodge it.

That sounds like it leans more into the martial-arts based explanation Fire provided.

Firephoenixearl said:
Considering that line comes right after "i can read what you plan to do next", it's more saying "no matter what you do i will know in advance" rather than "i know everything". Cus the stance is a position that you take to favour some form of attack or defense, so a skilled fighter can actually realize what kind of attack is favoured by that stance, so by nature it reveals exactly what he can do from that stance. Not much different from what very experienced karate masters can do.
I think it could mean what you say, but it'd need more context.

I've finally started eating away at books again, and the Katanagatari novels are somewhat high on my list, so we should be able to start involving those in our profiles soon.

Physical. Got the novels for the first 6 episodes, book for eps 7-9 is being released in a month.

From the other thread

The real cal howard said:
Then have him at peak condition. Make it not seem like he'd have won at his peak. Not have it be like "Oh shoot, I'm going to lose now that I'm in a ruined state." Don't artificially derive tension of the final boss by nerfing the protagonist. Imagine if they pulled that shit with Goku vs Piccolo, Yusuke vs Toguro, or Deku vs Todoroki.
You mean the fight where Goku had all of his bones broken? And let's not forget that Deku lost againts Todoroki.

Goku and Piccolo fought evenly throughout the entire match before Piccolo got in a sucker punch. And yeah, Deku lost to Todoroki, because it shows a protagonist who can lose. The first big wall we see Ikki have to climb, as his underdog status is shown in flashbacks and we never see him as a weakling, Ikki is threatened because he's been tortured, not because Touka would've whooped his ass otherwise.

Rakudai tries to have its cake and eat it too. It tries to revel in both, the growth of the underdog, and the power fantasy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of his companions are women, right? Right there, it indulges on the pseudo harem status that Kirito has, in a relationship but still surrounded by your side harem. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Seriously, does Ikki even lose until Edelweiss shows up?

No, they aren't. Alice exists. Utakata exists. Yuudai exists. To a certain extent, I could even count Kuraudo or Ouma because both have helped Ikki on a spare matches.

Ikki has one companion, that being Stella.

I do wholeheartedly agree with your point that we should have seen Ikki back during the real hardships instead of just being told about them.

Even after having every bone in his body broken, Goku still pulled one last trick and won the fight

He struggled through it and kept the stakes going

DMUA said:
Even after having every bone in his body broken, Goku still pulled one last trick and won the fight

He struggled through it and kept the stakes going
So? Ikki also pulled one last trick and won the fight. I don't see your point.

@Cal

Cus it was a philosophical battle instead of a physical one. A fight of ideals. The whole arc was basically Ikki vs Touka, the winner would be the one to whom win meant the most. Touka was strong because she was the hope of everyone. It wasn't really "can i beat her raikiri" but "Does my sword mean more than hers" kind of thing.

The actual fight happens later on in the series:

https://novelplanet.com/Novel/Rakudai-Kishi-no-Eiyuutan/v9c14?id=343448

So it was a fight that was supposed to make ikki grow from an underdog to a leader (cus at the end he forgets the does her sword mean more and says that i will win and take the hope of everyone with me)

Back