• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikaros Hephaestus laser beam speed

Given that nobody reacted to it it would actually not upgrade anything except attack speed.

Worse problem is that the entire anime is not canon.

Upon rewatching the clip, no one really reacted to it. Ah well, I'll update the calc to remove that.

DontTalk said:
Given that nobody reacted to it it would actually not upgrade anything except attack speed.
Worse problem is that the entire anime is not canon.
What do you mean that the anime is not cannon?

Darkanine said:
Upon rewatching the clip, no one really reacted to it. Ah well, I'll update the calc to remove that.
Thank you for calculating it!!!

Reacted to lasers shot from the Melan army

Ikarosreacting

Reflecting the lasers back

As you can tell that laser is very fast wouldn't these lasers count as the same?

Well if the one I calculated is a non-canon portrayal of the feat, then we sadly can't use the results.

The question should be where was it stated to be cano. The original author had, to my knowledge, no involvement in the anime. And even if he had, there were relevant changes between the two.

Like for example the fact that the Uranus System, the very weapon ikaros uses in the anime to fire that beam, doesn't exist in the manga IIRC.

DontTalk said:
The question should be where was it stated to be cano. The original author had, to my knowledge, no involvement in the anime. And even if he had, there were relevant changes between the two.

Like for example the fact that the Uranus System, the very weapon ikaros uses in the anime to fire that beam, doesn't exist in the manga IIRC.
It does I can even give you a scan where she uses it

I know she uses a canon once, but the uranus system would be new to me.

At the very least she doesn't use it in the fight against gamma.

Edit: or in the fight against chaos for that matter.

All in all it wouldn't make a difference regarding canon one way or another, though.

DontTalk said:
I know she uses a canon once, but the uranus system would be new to me.
At the very least she doesn't use it in the fight against gamma.

Edit: or in the fight against chaos for that matter.

All in all it wouldn't make a difference regarding canon one way or another, though.
Well the one shown in the anime is much slower than the one shown in the manga. Hephaestus shot to the moon very quickly. She did use it in the fight with Gamma and Harpy. Do you want scans?

How would you know that the one in manga is faster? That is basically impossible unless you have calculated it from the manga scans in which case you wouldn't need the anime calc at all.

She used a canon against gamma, she didn't use the uranus system. Which is exactly what I already said.

The entire discussion is completely nonsensical btw., because proving that there is a difference between manga and anime depiction isn't even necessary, since per default the anime is assumed non-canon unless proven otherwise.

DontTalk said:
How would you know that the one in manga is faster? That is basically impossible unless you have calculated it from the manga scans in which case you wouldn't need the anime calc at all.

She used a canon against gamma, she didn't use the uranus system. Which is exactly what I already said.

The entire discussion is completely nonsensical btw., because proving that there is a difference between manga and anime depiction isn't even necessary, since per default the anime is assumed non-canon unless proven otherwise.
Well Hephaestus in manga shot to the moon very fast. The one in anime shot in space very fast. The difference between the anime and manga is that the anime showed Hephaestus connected to her space warship, and the manga only shown she summon the Hephaestus, which is that cannon connected to her space warship. Ikaros has shown she can summons parts of her warships like when she fire artemis. Who assumed that it was non-canon?

When making pages, calculating stats, etc. it is always preferable to rely on the source material. In the case of Sora no Otoshimono, the source material is the manga, which is available in english so it has easy access. Thus that's what should be used. If it was from a non-translated hard-to-obtain Light Novel series that nobody who knows Japanese here has read, then maybe the anime would be used, but this isn't the case.

Concerning the non-canon thing, the anime had many changes compared to the manga, from what I know, and the author never said "the changes in the anime are canon", thus we should assume they aren't. This is not like the case of Toaru Railgun, where the author declared the anime-original arcs are canon.

Back