• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Isekai Maou Verse OVERHAUL Part 2: Diablo's Speed and Range

Isekai Maou Verse OVERHAUL Part 2: Diablo's Speed and Range

I originally wanted to make part 2 Diablo's AP but the AP and general tiering for his Demon Lord form is contingent on Emperor Gelmed's scaling whose contingent on the scaling of the size of the verse. For now, we will be covering Diablo speed for each of his keys, which includes creating two new keys for Demon Lord form Diablo and Current Diablo. I've added on an update for his range as well since it isn't tied to specific keys and can be implented before the other CRTs.

Diablo Updated Profile vs Diablo Current Profile

The keys for his new profile are as follows:

Old Equipment - New Equipment (Until loss of Tonnerre Empereur in Volume 11 against Solami) - Demon Lord Form - Current (End of Volume 14)

There's a small gap of time between his loss of the Tonnerre Empereur and his Demon Lord form, but the only substantiative difference between that small gap and current Diablo is his learning of magic theory from Klem in the White Place, so I don't believe it needs it's own distinct key. With that in mind, lets get into the speed scaling, and to start I'll cover a change that affects all his keys.

Upgrade Attack Speed with Magic to Massively Hypersonic+: It is a shown fact in series that movement speed and reaction/attack speed are two separate things. Hence how Diablo is able to not get immediately speed blitzed by Galford towards the start of the series. Not all lightning element spells operate as physical lightning, but higher level ones are explicitly stated to be lightning. These specific lightning attacks also meet the standards for “real lightning” as defined by the wiki. They are described as “bolts” of lightning, they create sparks, affected targets get wracked with muscle spasms, and they are left charred and black as one would expect with real lightning. In one of the first CRTs for Isekai Maou, there was still a dispute over whether Diablo’s lightning magic was actually lightning speed. I believe there’s enough evidence now to definitively say it does function as real lightning. Especially in conjunction with the fact that even low tier fallen are capable of supersonic feats, powerscaling wise it makes sense for top tier magic to be capable of actual lightning speed. Now a question that one might ask is “Why use any light spell other than one that travels at lightning speed?”, and there is a good answer. While his high tier lightning spells certainly have impressive AP, there does seem to be a tradeoff in power in exchange for true lightning speed. Lightning Bullet, a level 80 Light spell, was capable of gouging out a sizable hole in the torso of a level 99 Blessing Bear. Whereas his Chain Lightning spell, which is almost certainly above level 100, only managed to slow down and burn the bears. Lightning speed for his true lightning spells isn’t overkill either, at least it wasn’t in Cross Reverie, as the spell Lightning Storm is designed to restrict the target’s movements with a tornado while they’re continually struck by lightning. The only reason such a spell would exist is if there were high level enemies capable of dodging lightning, or at the very least capable of aim dodging, of which we have a key example in the form of the former Master Swordsman Graham. In one of the few Isekai Maou revision threads, the lightning rod feat of Graham in his Oni form against Diablo was brought up. Considering that lightning timer feats are rare in Maou, the thread decided to wait until it was visualized in the anime or manga before going with any massively hypersonic attack speed scaling. Unfortunately, this specific feat wasn’t shown in the manga, understandably so as it would’ve been hard to convey in only a panel or two. However this isn’t to say that the LN feat contradicts the scaling of the manga, as there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for how Graham was able to negate the Lightning Meteor attack. While Diablo can cast even high level spells with insane speed, up against a level 200 warrior, it stands to reason that said warrior would be able to react before the actual spell is launched, especially since he was using the Tonnerre Empereur which doesn’t have the same cast time shortening buff of the Staff of Tenma. Nothing in the original LN scene contradicts this explanation, and in fact it’s likely the only one, given how even a level 200 warrior’s attack is only 3 times faster than the reaction/dodge time of a level 80 warrior. This statement really only complicates the scaling because there’s simply too many other variables, mainly equipment. I believe Diablo stated that his physical abilities as a level 150 mage are comparable to a level 50 warrior, yet as we’ve seen throughout the series, he’s been able to keep up with opponents who surpass level 100 as a warrior. This gap can be explained by both his equipment and general skill level, he even says this to Varakness that raising one’s level to the cap is a mere expectation and far from the end all be all. Diablo after eating the Golden Fruit and leveling up to likely around level 80-90 as a warrior was able to dodge Sasara’s level 200 slash. The Master Swordsman’s test is meant to be an attack that a level 80 warrior can dodge, and thus the previous Master Swordsman (also level 200) would attack three times slower than normal, which Sasara never considered doing. The point being that a level 80 warrior who is likely at least supersonic isn’t going to become massively hypersonic if they reach level 200. Thus the only explanation for Diablo being able to dodge is his max level equipment that buffs his physical stats, as well as his self described “superhuman reflexes” even before becoming his game character. However, far greater speeds can be achieved with the martial arts unlocked past level 150, as we see in the fight between Sasara and Oni Graham. Thus, Oni Graham negating Lightning Meteor by creating a lightning rod of dust and sediment isn’t an outlier massively hypersonic feat, he simply acted before the spell finished charging, which is still an impressive feat considering Diablo can barely keep up with him. Thankfully, we do have a visual representation of Lightning Meteor that, in combination with its description in the LN, should confirm beyond a reasonable doubt that it and other high level lightning spells function as real lightning.

• Light element spells that take the form of physical lightning operate as real lightning, including its speed.
  • There is a tradeoff in power for this lightning speed, as Diablo has other Light element spells that deal far more single target damage.
  • Only top tiers like Demon Lord form Diablo and Emperor Gelmed (likely current Klem as well) are able to scale to actual lightning combat/movement speed.

Upgrade Speed to Hypersonic for second Key: Diablo is seen performing supersonic feats prior to ever leveling up as warrior or getting his new equipment. When he acquires the Gigantes Mail armor (at the start of his second key), he states that it increases his physical stats exponentially. He’s also casually evaded (at least) supersonic attacks from a Magimatic Sol without making use of the glow. Diablo has used a spell that functions very similar to a railgun, during which not only he but also Rem were able to react to it before it hit its target, all before he ever leveled up as a warrior too. The projectile is only stated to accelerate beyond the speed of sound, but if compared to real life railguns, it would scale at around Mach 7. There’s also an example of Rem deflecting a supersonic magimatic rifle bullet once she tapped into the glow, and seeing as she’s likely still inferior to 2nd key Diablo, I think scaling him above her in combination with his stat increases is fair. I’m not sure if this feat from Rem is more impressive than it seems, but if my hunch is right, it might be good evidence for speed upgrades. Towards the end of finishing up this CRT, I found some new evidence that either further reinforces my new scaling, or suggests it should be even higher. Low tier fallen are capable of tracking supersonic bullets with their eyes, and Rose attacked some at such a speed that they couldn’t follow her blade. This suggests that Rose could at least be Supersonic+, and later in the series when considering how he’d fight Rose (because she uses a Magimatic Sol), he states that she has low mobility. Obviously she surpasses low tier fallen in speed because of the massive level gap, but in comparison to other max level characters, she’s more of a strength/tank build. Diablo, despite having a lower level warrior class, believes he could outmaneuver her because she only has melee weapons. This is likely due to his equipment (Rose has none that augments her stats I think), and superior skill level. By contrast, the Empire’s Magimatic Sols, or at least those with skilled pilots, are capable of dodging some of Diablo’s high tier magic at near point blank range. As mentioned in the previous section, the increase in speed of a dodgeable attack (disregarding equipment or individual skill) between a level 80 and level 200 warrior is three times. Diablo, who wasn't even a level 80 warrior, likely around level 50 (at least regarding level and not equivalent stats), couldn't even see Sasara's level 200 movements. She practically teleported in his perception. However, after eating the all the Golden Fruit and leveling up, he's not only able to perceive it, but dodge it too. This is also while still emaciated and weakened from eating all of the Golden Fruit, which kept him awake for three days straight prior to this feat. Sasara even says she thinks he would've been able to block it with his sword. With this in mind, here is the chain of scaling:

Key 1 Diablo is already accepted as relative to Rose, that's where his current supersonic speed value comes from. Rose herself is stated to speedblitz low tier fallen, who themselves are capable of tracking supersonic bullets. This would infer that if Rose actually is supersonic and not higher, that she'd be at the upper range and thus Diablo as well.

Once he get's his new equipment, most of which is focused around increasing his physical parameters (his original equipment was focused more on increasing his magic power, seeing as there was no threat of actual harm in the game compared to real life), there is a noticeable increase in his speed. Compare how he fared with Galford and Batutta, warriors of around level 130 who he could barely keep up with speed wise, to his fight with Varakness, a level 160 warrior type. Unfortunately this exact increase isn't easily discernable, but a basic level of scaling would be how Emile clocked him as having the physical capabilities of a level 40 warrior in his old equipment, and when he confronts the Master Swordsman with his new equipment, he gets speedblitzed the same way level 99 Emile did when he attempted the Master Swordsman's test.

So if we get technical with this gap and assume a linear increase in speed with warrior levels (which seems to be implied, at least as you approach higher levels), that 40 level increase in physical abilities from his equipment would net a 66% increase in speed, as the 3x difference between level 80 and 200 can be broken down into 40 level chunks. Assume a level 80 warrior has a speed of 100 units, and a level 200 warrior a speed of 300 units. 200 x 1/3 = 66 2/3, or about a 66% increase. Even if we don't assume a higher range supersonic value for key 1 Diablo and put him in the middle at Mach 1.8, the 2/3 increase in speed would add 1.2 on, making his speed with the new armor Mach 3. So even before factoring in his increased warrior level later on, he's supersonic+.

Then we simply follow the previously described logic of the x3 increase, which would put him at Mach 9, or Hypersonic. However since we don’t know exactly how much his warrior level increased after this additional training, I’ll be going with the more defined scaling off of dodging Sasara’s attack.
  • The Gigantes Mail increases his already supersonic speed "exponentially"
  • Diablo's increase in warrior level compounds on this increase, as he went from being perception blitzed by Sasara to being able to dodge her attack.
  • Low tier fallen are capable of supersonic feats, and Diablo scales far above them at this point.
  • Both Rem and himself were capable of reacting to his Enercannon spell before it hit its target.

Create new key for Demon Lord Form Diablo with a Speed of at least Massively Hypersonic: Actual implementation of this key can wait until the cosmology CRT is squared away, as that will be needed to assess the key's AP. This update is pretty straightforward though, Diablo in his Demon Lord Form was able to dodge countless lightning strikes from Emperor Gelmed, while flying, while heavily injured.

Create new key for Current Diablo with a Speed of Hypersonic+: Implementation of this key can also wait until the next CRT, as there are some calc dependent feats for AP that I don't want holding up the speed scaling. Diablo is able to amp himself with the Glow, doubling his physical attributes including strength and speed. The doubling of his new Hypersonic key 2 speed should put him at Hypersonic+, even if low end values for his speed tiers are assumed. As previously discussed, any lightning spells that take the form of physical lightning are lightning speed.

Change Range to Varies, at least Hundreds of Meters with Attack Magic, At least Thousands of Meters with Multiplex Magic, up to Planetary with Teleportation Magic: A little addition I decided to throw in here because it's straightforward and applies to all keys. I’m sure there are feats from earlier in the series that back this up too, but I have several from the newer volumes that confirm an attack range of at least hundreds of meters. There was the use of Glacies Cannon which launched a large projectile of ice at the Magimatic Castle from a distance that even made Diablo question if it was too far. Gravity Abyss has been demonstrated to have a range of at least Thousands of Meters, based on the size of the Sand Whale it hit, and primarily that it took 10 seconds for Laminitus’s magic gun projectiles to impact the Sand Whale. We know these magi gun attacks are supersonic, and even if just using the speed of sound, it would give us a distance of 3,430 Meters. This also suggests that the projectile speed of Gravity Abyss is faster than its supersonic rating, as far less travel time was implied when it was launched compared to the magi gun bullets. Planetary with TP magic is pretty straightforward.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
This appears to be fine at a glance
I've been looking over the scaling again and I might actually be inclined to increase Diablo's speed for his second and fourth keys. The fact that a level 80 warrior is almost certainly supersonic (Emile who only ever reaches level 99 is physically comparable to old equipment Diablo) and that there's a 3x increase from just leveling up going from 80 to 200, I'm thinking Diablo's speed increases by more than just double going from his 1st to 2nd key. I'll work on putting that all together tonight.

No for Hypersonic, you don't upscale like that. Massively Hypersonic is fine, but you'd need to get the feats calced if you want Massively Hypersonic+.
My bad on the lightning, I had assumed that dodging it in those conditions would make him scale to it. However, what's wrong with the hypersonic scaling? The increase in speed from level 80 needed to dodge a level 200 attack is explicitly stated to be three times. Also I forgot to specify, did you have an issue with the attack speed being Massively Hypersonic+ or Diablo's Demon Lord form having Massively Hypersonic+? or Both?

My bad on the lightning, I had assumed that dodging it in those conditions would make him scale to it. However, what's wrong with the hypersonic scaling? The increase in speed from level 80 needed to dodge a level 200 attack is explicitly stated to be three times. Also I forgot to specify, did you have an issue with the attack speed being Massively Hypersonic+ or Diablo's Demon Lord form having Massively Hypersonic+? or Both?
Lightning is Massively Hypersonic. Near baseline too.

My problem with Hypersonic is that we're starting from Supersonic for the multiplier.

Lightning is Massively Hypersonic. Near baseline too.

My problem with Hypersonic is that we're starting from Supersonic for the multiplier.
Isn't the accepted lightning speed for calcs Mach 1282.798834? That's what the calc page says. Thus I'd understand not fully scaling Diablo dodging it to that speed since there's an undefined travel time and possibility of aim dodging to some degree, but the attack magic that functions as real lightning would move at the accepted value for lightning speed right?

I'll whip up a more detailed explanation of the scaling chain for now, because even my current values are technically a lowball.

Isn't the accepted lightning speed for calcs Mach 1282.798834? That's what the calc page says. Thus I'd understand not fully scaling Diablo dodging it to that speed since there's an undefined travel time and possibility of aim dodging to some degree, but the attack magic that functions as real lightning would move at the accepted value for lightning speed right?

I'll whip up a more detailed explanation of the scaling chain for now, because even my current values are technically a lowball.
Which is Massively Hypersonic.

You need to calculate the lightning dodges.

Here's my line of thinking for the speed scaling chain @DaReaperMan :

Key 1 Diablo is already accepted as relative to Rose, that's where his current supersonic speed value comes from. Rose herself is stated to speedblitz low tier fallen, who themselves are capable of tracking supersonic bullets. This would infer that if Rose actually is supersonic and not higher, that she'd be at the upper range and thus Diablo as well.

Once he get's his new equipment, most of which is focused around increasing his physical parameters (his original equipment was focused more on increasing his magic power, seeing as there was no threat of actual harm in the game compared to real life), there is a noticeable increase in his speed. Compare how he fared with Galford and Batutta, warriors of around level 130 who he could barely keep up with speed wise, to his fight with Varakness, a level 160 warrior type. Unfortunately this exact increase isn't easily discernable, but a basic level of scaling would be how Emile clocked him as having the physical capabilities of a level 40 warrior in his old equipment, and when he confronts the Master Swordsman with his new equipment, he gets speedblitzed the same way level 99 Emile did when he attempted the Master Swordsman's test.

So if we get technical with this gap and assume a linear increase in speed with warrior levels (which seems to be implied, at least as you approach higher levels), that 40 level increase in physical abilities from his equipment would net a 66% increase in speed, as the 3x difference between level 80 and 200 can be broken down into 40 level chunks. Assume a level 80 warrior has a speed of 100 units, and a level 200 warrior a speed of 300 units. 200 x 1/3 = 66 2/3, or about a 66% increase. Even if we don't assume a higher range supersonic value for key 1 Diablo and put him in the middle at Mach 1.8, the 2/3 increase in speed would add 1.2 on, making his speed with the new armor Mach 3. So even before factoring in his increased warrior level later on, he's supersonic+.

Then we simply follow the previously described logic of the x3 increase, which would put him at Mach 9, or Hypersonic. I'm gonna try and gather some more specific evidence to demonstrate this chain of scaling, but I believe it checks out in concept.

@DaReaperMan

I'm back after a long break, was wondering if you had any response to my last replies that I gave. I'm still of the belief that my current speed scaling checks out, and I described my scaling chain in one of my previous replies.

there's no justification for how he got 2A from demon lord spells. and you need calc staff approval first for the calc

there's no justification for how he got 2A from demon lord spells. and you need calc staff approval first for the calc
Please refer to my cosmology CRT, this one has no impact on his AP or overall tier in Demon Lord Form. I will be updating and changing my drafted version of Diablo's profile as each CRT is debated. Do you agree with the speed and range related changes discussed in this post?

Back