• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The world's greatest masterpiece is coming back. So I will try to rework the profiles as soon as possible, and for that, it is necessary to revise the speed, since there is no calculation

I already have some feat plans, however, I want to confirm if the lasers in Katana Zero are really the speed of light, since currently there has been no discussion about such an idea and the justifications in the profiles are weak. Besides of course, the SoL standards have become much harder

As far I can tell, theres no more proof or anything. If the lasers remain at light speed, the characters will probably become something like MFTL (Based), while if its refused, the characters will become MHS+ (Cringe)

This is simply a topic to make sure of the current rating that will make future calculations more reliable

FTL stuff will be for another thread.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Wokistan planned to tackle this when the DLC came out, but I suppose we're here.

I don't really agree with every single one of your extrapolations, but yes, they're probably light-speed. Dunno how you'd get MFTL out of them, but...

Characters, Nulls included, shouldn't scale to the lasers to begin with. They're instantaneous in gameplay, Zero can't react to their movement speed, you either aim dodge them or in the case of ones mounted to walls, they have a tiny delay before activation which is likely the first, non-lethal laser being tripped, as this sort of activation mechanism works IRL, and then the machine shooting a second laser - with this process not having any evidence for being Relativistic in nature.

There's also the fact that clearly the characters are threatened by bullets to some degree, otherwise the whole null thing wouldn't really be needed if you can just get one guy to work out a bit and suddenly he's Superman, so this level of speed is a bit odd.

I'm pretty sure Wokistan planned to tackle this when the DLC came out, but I suppose we're here.
Waiting to release to revise the verse is quite silly and complicated tbh. The DLC will be over 30 hours of gameplay. It's easier to rework the current content now than waiting such an big update to happen

They're instantaneous in gameplay, Zero can't react to their movement speed
Meh, the MFTL feats come from Headhunter speedblizing her own laser. Is not from the gameplay
There's also the fact that clearly the characters are threatened by bullets to some degree,
In the gameplay even punches from random athletic humans can hit Zero and kill him, so well. Pure game mechanics

Waiting to release to revise the verse is quite silly and complicated tbh. The DLC will be over 30 hours of gameplay. It's easier to rework the current content now than waiting such an big update to happen
I don't fully disagree.
Meh, the MFTL feats come from Headhunter speedblizing her own laser. Is not from the gameplay
I'd really like some scans for that.
In the gameplay even punches from random athletic humans can hit Zero and kill him, so well. Pure game mechanics
Not really, context in the story is the same, without their precog stuff Nulls wouldn't be the terror they are.

I'd really like some scans for that
One of them
Not really, context in the story is the same, without their precog stuff Nulls wouldn't be the terror they are.
Nulls canonically are considered much faster than the rest of the verse. Just look at The psychiatrist's description of Zero or the first meeting between V and Zero

Tbh, I don't want to discuss speed here, this thread is only about lasers. If you want to debate about FTL or anything else, better to comment here

That's just the laser being delayed somehow, it makes no sense for it to be hitscan but shoot a second after she leaves, that's just not what her blitzing it would look like especially in the eyes of someone comparable.
Nulls canonically are considered much faster than the rest of the verse. Just look at The psychiatrist's description of Zero or the first meeting between V and Zero
By that do you mean V dodging/reflecting Zero's bullet or their fight? Because both, especially the latter, don't show V as being blitzed at all.
Tbh, I don't want to discuss speed here, this thread is only about lasers. If you want to debate about FTL or anything else, better to comment here
Personally, I think a CRT is the better place to discuss the validity of a feat.

That's just the laser being delayed somehow, it makes no sense for it to be hitscan but shoot a second after she leaves, that's just not what her blitzing it would look like especially in the eyes of someone comparable.
The laser cannon first releases a aiming laser and then expands, creating a huge beam of light. The "aiming laser" is still light anyway; Its a similar analogy to the stars. A star that is 20 light years away may have died a long time ago, but we will only see the light disappear after two decades. In Headhunter's case, she moved before the aiming laser disappeared, and therefone, moving at FTL speed
By that do you mean V dodging/reflecting Zero's bullet or their fight? Because both, especially the latter, don't show V as being blitzed at all.
In the first case, V was impressed by Zero's speed and then ran away from a real battle because he realized he would die. In the second case, the same thing
Personally, I think a CRT is the better place to discuss the validity of a feat.
Yeah, sure. But for a future CRT

Last edited:
Anyway, I just wanted to make sure if the lasers are accepted as the speed of light even with today's standards. FTL stuff will be for another thread.

The laser cannon first releases a aiming laser and then expands, creating a huge beam of light. The "aiming laser" is still light anyway; Its a similar analogy to the stars. A star that is 20 light years away may have died a long time ago, but we will only see the light disappear after two decades. In Headhunter's case, she moved before the aiming laser disappeared, and therefone, moving at FTL speed

No, the aiming laser just stayed there for a while. It didn't stay for 1/300,000,000th of a second or anything.

Anyway, for the OP. Some of the evidence isn't as good as you've said it is. Your scan doesn't show that they're "represented as weightless". Light is affected by gravity, it just travels in a straight line from our perspective because it's extremely fast.

It's good that it doesn't demonstrate noticeable impact force, but lasers going through people is a bit wack. But ig you could just argue that they're big lasers that engulf the people.

I'm not familiar with how we actually apply our laser/lightspeed standards, so don't give my acceptance a lot of weight. But I see no reason to reject this.

However, I'd want people to thoroughly check whatever you try scaling this to, since your reasons for doing so have been wack so far.

yeah dlc or not i'd really not consider the feats we use or the one you're proposing to be legit

Christ, I'm literally just asking if the lasers are still legitimate or not. FTL shit will be later. I haven't even posted the calculations yet.

I agree with Chomp and Agnaa's points.
also the dlc will be 30 hours long? i cant control my excitement any longer holy **** i need it NOW

Christ, I'm literally just asking if the lasers are still legitimate or not.

And I literally answered that :3

Yes, and I thank you. Your help was good

Considering that two staff members agreed with laser being SoL, this can be closed

This, again, is just a thread to see if the lasers are still legitimate, since KZ hasn't been revised in years, so I wanted to make this "revision" to have sure

The plan was to make the verse MFTL, however, due to my lazy ass, I have give up and choose the low end (MHS+) since it was something that everyone agreed

Maybe this change with the DLC, but for the time being, we don't even have the year

The plan was to make the verse MFTL, however, due to my lazy ass, I have give up and choose the low end (MHS+) since it was something that everyone agreed

Maybe this change with the DLC, but for the time being, we don't even have the year
damn aight

Someday I may try to upgrade the verse to MFTL speed again even before the DLC, but for now Im too bussy (and lazy)

Back