• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I attempt to tear the wiki asunder except i'm just stealing some guys meme and this has spiralled radically out of control please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's 100% credible.

The reason is the fact they couldn't possibly know about the layers, unless they knew there was an infinite amount of dimensions in the first place.

So, they know there are layers of infinity. They just don't know many. This validates the previous part of the statement the way I see it.

Kepekley23 said:
I believe it's 100% credible.
The reason is the fact they couldn't possibly know about the layers, unless they knew there was an infinite amount of dimensions in the first place.

So, they know there are layers of infinity. They just don't know many. This validates the previous part of the statement the way I see it.
^Basically this^

Bottom line:

If it was strictly stated to be High 1-B with no inconsistencies whatsoever, it's permissible. However, as with many other verses, mere statements are not always enough due to lack of evidence. That's why "At least", "Possibly", and "Likely", exist.

i swear literally everytime i try to say anything in a thread some ******* sleeper agent wakes up and just CTRL+C, CTRL+V's something to embarrass me

I disagree with Matt's sentiment that people are being desperate to upgrade the verse. I personally don't care about a High 1-B ranking, I'm merely choosing the side I deem most logical.

It's not like we'd upgrade the verse if two 15 year old girls were texting each other all "OMG LOL INFINITE SPATIAL GEOMETRICAL DIMENSIONS, WUT?? XD"

That isn't the case here. The statement comes from scientists from a foundation seeking to protect the world from supernatural phenomena, so at the very least it hold more water than a little kid saying "Hey dad, I heard that the front of this ship can cleave through planets!"

1-B, possibly High 1-B sounds safer if this is what is going to happen. That way, you can use either in a debate. I agree with Sera mostly on this, and that's been my major qualm this entire time: the validity of the statement in canon and if it even relates to these top tiered characters at all.

WeeklyBattles said:
If yall want to do the safe route then 1-B, possibly High 1-B. There's no refuting that its saying infinite dimensions the only thing wrong is whether its 100% credible or not. Presonally i see nothing wrong with flat out High 1-B though.
i agree with this.

Like i said, personally im fine with High 1-B, but 1-B, possibly High 1-B seems to be hats going to happen and im okay with that. At least until we get more evidence.

alright, but tbh Swann should probs get a solid High 1-B for uhh... being swann and transcending everything.

3812 should stay as he is because he is not done transcending to High 1-B.

I'm also fine with High 1-B, but if 1-B, likely High 1-B is what it's going to be at, I guess i can live with it.

Technically, there's absolutely no difference.

I still think this possibly brings into question Q and Nagilum for the reasons I've said above, as well as possibly other characters for the same reasons .-. (this comment will be ignored)

And yeah, Swann should definitely be straight-up High 1-B, as should the HEG and the All-Mighty to a lower extent.

I TOLD YOU

IT WOULD

BE IGNORED >~>

I WILL

AGREE WITH THE STRAIGHT UP HIGH 1-B THING FOR THE TOP TIERS

IF YOU NOTICE ME

Aeyu said:
I still think this possibly brings into question Q and Nagilum for the reasons I've said above, as well as possibly other characters for the same reasons .-. (this comment will be ignored)
It probably'd.

Dont the High Elder Gods predate all abstract concepts, all creation, all existence (besides the all-mighty and swann) and transcend it all?

Azzy hasn't commented yet, so I'm still waiting for him to pull some 4th Degree Interdimensional Warp-fuckery that somehow demolishes this solid Upgrade.

There's no way not to interpret "infinite dimensions" as, well, infinite dimensions, so we know he won't pick that route.

if anyone sees azzy knocking around anywhere on the internet, quarentine the thread, with the possible exception of kep, aeyu and weekly for debating purposes.

I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS >~>

also

it is the same argument

Geordi literally says subspace has infinite higher and lower order domains

in several things it says subspace contains higher dimensions

5-D beings exist in subspace

other dimensions exist in subspace

at least 10 or 26 dimensions exist

ergo, ipso facto, subspace has infinite dimensions

nagilum is eternal, is dimensionless, and is outside of everything, as shown in his profile

ergo

he is 1-A

these things were rejected

if there is gonna be a double standard

I WANTCHA TO KNOW ABOUT IT >~>

This statement isn't quite the same thing.

This one is several layers, each layer containing infinite dimensions. This would be straight up High 1-B.

I think a set of infinitely increasing dimensions, however, wouldn't quite be High 1-B.

look on their profiles >:C

also, I was just making a point!

you can look for the ST Revisions thread if you wanna see where they were rejected

Not to mention that you vouched for a 1-A Nagilum a LOOOONG time ago, Seed (I REMEMBER AND STUFF)

Also @Kep, it's not "infinitely increasing"

it has an infinite number of higher and lower order domains, not to mention a direct correlation with higher dimensions. When merging with another subspace being, Q has power that reaches into "all dimensions".

Nagilum's thingy (Don't forget, he's timeless and doesn't understand a limited existence)

At least Low Complex Multiverse level (Exists in a void which Data, the Enterprise's science officer, says has no dimension, should not exist, has no mass or energy, and is undefinable, being unable to be measured or defined by human words or concepts. The creature is eternal and ageless, being unfamiliar with the concept of death, or a "limited existence," and is able to create alternate, non-euclidean dimensions, as well as warp the fabric and nature of reality with incredible ease. It is unaffected by any of Picard's actions, and the crew only escapes its grasp due to his intellect and negotiation tactics, which includes the threat of blowing up the ship (which would not affect the entity in any way). Its void exists outside the space-time continuum and subspace alike, which should make this being at least 6-D, as subspace contains at least one higher dimension. When trying to ascertain the nature of death, the being instantaneously made an Ensign go insane and die within less than a second, without moving or performing any action)

Q's thingy:

High Multiverse level+, possibly higher (After Spock's mind-meld with Q allowed the last Prophet, another 5-D being, to enter and become one with Q, the unified being was able to reach a new level of existence that transcended the two's previous dimensional state, and could perceive and was present in "all dimensions," of which in "The Nth Degree [TNG]," there was stated to likely be 10 or 26 of (being references to Superstring and Bosonic String Theory), and possibly a countless number more, as subspace was considered a point of entry to higher dimensions, and contained "infinite layers". After being unfazed by the power of Dukat empowered by a multitude of Pah-Wraiths (who were stated as being superior to the Continuum), the Q-Prophet was able to annihilate his existence with a mere hand gesture, and stated that they could destroy the rest of them with ease, also implying that they had transcended the likes of the Continuum itself)

Before you say, "Oh that's not applicable for X reason," or, "That's derailing," it's actually not, since I'm trying to point out how this applies in other situations of contradicting safe lower ends.

A higher end interpretation puts them both at High 1-B and 1-A, respectively.

well, i'm signing off for the night, i'll check up on the scorched remains of this thread in the morning

>makes a lonnnnnng post trying to point out a thing

>gets ignored anyway because the thing is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back