• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I attempt to tear the wiki asunder except i'm just stealing some guys meme and this has spiralled radically out of control please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q-Prophet and Nagilum mostly.

Q is mostly based off of scaling to 5-D aliens in Voyager who were blatantly stated to be so, but he could be far higher depending on your interpretation. (Subspace contains infinite domains and is stated to be the point of entry to higher dimensions, and the 5-D beings were subspace entities, not to mention subspace being part of the space-time continuum, being an added layer on top of it. Q's realm is extra-dimensional and outside of the space-time continuum (I mentioned 10 to 26 dimensions as well)

it's just all based off being safe

that was my point and whatnot and is how it relates to this

I see... So do you want a thread for it or not ? If you still want to play it safe, wouldn't it be better to keep it this way ?

Like what Aeyu said,I believe we should be conservative and do the following:

For tonight, set the profiles that are all "1-B" to "1-B, possibly High 1-B"

Azathoth will likely answer tomorrow. We shall see if he prefers for it to be just High 1-B or leave it as it is ?

It satisfies the two evils... I honestly jsut want to at least see High 1-B on the profiles before Azzy shows up.... Is that too much to ask ?

I'm saying that that is applicable to this.

It's a double standard.

Are you really for enforcing it?

Yeah, you should make that thread.

And why are you trying to avoid Azzy?

Ughhh. The things I miss when I get out of my phone for a some time.

Anyways...so do we have a verdict?

Given that this thread is rather out of control in terms of frequency of posts, perhaps it would be best to close this thread, create a new one in the staff forum, and summarise the arguments for and against in the first post.

Okay, "At least 1-B, possibly High 1-B" then?

Not trying to jinx it, but i thnik this thread was too much of a clusterfuck for even azzy to care about............

sans 3812, he's still trying to get to the top.

However the HEG, The Almighty, and Swann will have solid High 1-B ratings.

Narratives > dimensions, so you can transcend infiinite dimensions and not transcend narraties at the same time and be fine.

Narratives aren't your average higher-dimensions, they contain all of the SCPverse and it's dimensions, and are created by entities that literally represent the authors of the site

Which hints that The Foundationverse is basically like those verses where everything is canon, but contained in different universes, it is just done on a far larger scale

and 3812 transcends the narratives of the verse and is constantly ascending throughout all of them

Basically what they said. 381w is likely the strongest SCP ever.

However the weird part is whether the ways connect to all dimensions AND narratives , or all dimensions within one narrative. Yeah... That is the problem. If the first is correct, everyone in their mother is stupidly higher end High 1-B that they already are ( and they definitely are... They likely oneshotted nearly every High 1-B besides those who affect 1-A's )

My dudes.

It doesn't even make sense in context.

"While mainstream science widely accepts the existence of at least four dimensions, the library supports and lists evidence of the existence of at least 196,884 observable dimensions; that is, the number of dimensions that can be safely cataloged."

Alright. So these aliens can actually support the existence of 196,884 spatial dimensions.

"However, the number of dimensions that form the entire space-time are stated to be layered in sets of countable infinities; that is, there is an infinite number of dimensions in the unobservable universe; said infinities are themselves layered in countable sets. The number of layers is said to be unknown."

Wait, what? The sentence directly before this one just said the aliens could measure and support 196,884 dimensions. But now there are multiple layers of infinity even though nobody here can actually measure them? Who's producing this information? Because if we go by the previous sentence, it certainly isn't the aliens. Is it supposed to be some omniscient narrator? Because there isn't any sort of break in structure, yet these are still supposed to be research notes.

""Should we incorporate this in our theory? I mean, it's something that can be proven, no?"

"(In response to the above) No. Abide by the rules."
"

My God, it's like it's self aware.

This reads like it's specifically done to expand on the level of the verse's cosmology, but it's not written well or in a way that actually makes sense. I'm pretty sure I brought up the idea of stuff like this that doesn't make sense, before. Like some offhand comment from a random Dark Eldar about how the Webway has infinite dimensions, which he'd have no way in hell of actually knowing and which doesn't make sense for some random dude to be saying (which is a thing from one of the Path of books, and the reason I didn't want to use it).

Though this leads into an even more important thing I've been meaning to bring up about Foundation canon, which I'll start in another comment.

"The High Elder Gods transcend the nothingness that came before the primordial chaos that came before the darkness that existed before creaton"

basically HEG transcends all abstract concepts and prededes them.

not sure what this might mean, but im gonna handle that in another thread

I could be wrong however I think what they're trying to say is they have direct evidence for 196,884 dimensions, but they hypothesize the existence of infinite.

Ryukama said:
I could be wrong however I think what they're trying to say is they have direct evidence for 196,884 dimensions, but they hypothesize the existence of infinite.
Then that info is useless to us if trying to support High 1-B.

the aliens are saying "okay so we can observe and literally see that there are 196K dimensions, but we also believe that there are actually infinite spatial dimensions based on stuff that we dont wanna talk about (maybe the foundation is ******* hiding it? like they hide so much stuff?), they're contained within layers (narratives), but how many narratives are there? I don't ******* know."

However 3812 supports the existene of infinite narratives.

and the dude cant incorporate the infinite dimensions thing into their theory and said that it could be proven.

but the boss or something says "**** no dude have u ever read the rules, you gotta abide by them, so none of this lmao"

its very plain and simple.

Narratives =/= dimensions. There are ridiculously few things in the setting that were even aware of higher narratives.

Also, if the infinite dimensions could be proven by the aliens, which it apparently wasn't(?), the Foundation wouldn't need to prove it. If it couldn't, then the Foundation sure as hell wouldn't be able to prove it.

"It contains the knowledge of cosmology of a race or group labelled the Kunskapen, believed to have been the previous holders of SCP-2722 circa 255 million years ago. The content within considerably surpasses, or is at least comparable, to the current human knowledge of astronomy and geometry."

SITHISIT said:
also azzy, our own multiverse has 11 dimensions, correct?
Going by String Theory, which we can't currently prove. Hence why we rate completely and utterly destroying a universe exactly like our own as Low 2-C and not High 1-C.

I'm saying that the layers meant narratives, not the dimensions themselves. The infinite dimensions were contained inside a narrative, then there were a bunch of narratives that they didnt know how many there were.

But 3812 supports there being infinite narratives.

3812 supports there being an unknown amount of narratives. An avatar of 001-Swann didn't even know how many narratives there were, and wanted to see if they went on forever.

Unless these aliens somehow can see the verse on a larger scale than 001. Which they can't.

Though again, I'm going to bring up this whole canon clusterfuck that's currently going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back