• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so since it'll be easier to have one topic at a time we're gonna tackle 343 first since that seems to be a big source of confusion and get HWML/HWMD out of the way because i dont care. The 682 stuff will come after.

TFW Green King is actually a legitimate rprsentation of 343

I mean...shit, fair enough i guess, if it were just the djoric thing i'd argue against it but thats something else, just means 343 is more outdated than we thought lol, i'll throw his profile on the backlist of pages to clean up unless one of you want to take care of it

Does Competitive Eschatology even contradict this? Like im genuinely curious, it seems im not as familiar with 343 as i thought i was.

In the beginning, there was darkness. All was formless waste and empty void - The quiet nothing without time or place, the gentle sleep that has no waking.

All was still.

Nothing stirred in the darkness.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Then there was light.

The light separated the Darkness Above from the Darkness Beneath, and there was disparity between them. Between the darkness and the light there was also disparity, and shadows flickered therein.

The light shone in the darkness, and was not overcome. Likewise the darkness was not destroyed, but given form both Above and Below.

From the darkness came the Eldest, the All-Death. He came from the darkness and was of the darkness and was the darkness, and nothing to come might pass beyond him. Vast and mighty was he, that no other might comprehend the reach of his arm, or the length of his gaze.
████████: Long ago, when the world was only water and sky, there were two brothers, “He-Who-Made-Light” and “He-Who-Made-Dark.” Like all brothers they fought. One time the light brother insulted the work of the dark brother. The dark one, he does not like this, and begins to destroy all the light in the world. “He-Who-Made-Light” cannot let this be so he shoves his brother into a hole that goes outside light and dark, and plugs the hole with a rock. Because “He-Who-Made-Dark” can only see in the dark, “He-Who-Made-Light” puts the rock in a sling and throws it around the sun so it will always stay lit and the dark one will never see how to find his way out.

Dr. Richards: That rock is SCP-435-1?

████████: That is your name for the sky rock.

Dr. Richards: Yes it is. How did it end up [REDACTED]

████████: Long after the brothers fought, the dark one’s rock fell from the sky. It fell so hard that it broke the Earth and raised the land and killed the first people who lived only in the sea. On the Earth, the sun lit it only half the time, so when darkness came, “He-Who-Made-Dark” could see to find his way. Even so, he had been lost outside the world for many many years, so each night he only came a little closer. And each night the rocks shook and bled fire at his approach. The Earth did not like this, so she made the second people to watch over the sky rock, and keep it lit so that the dark one cannot find his way home. [pauses] I think you may be the third people.

Dr. Richards: So do you have any measure of how long you were keeping it lit?

████████: Since before [DATA EXPUNGED] Note: geological formations in the area suggest that if this is true then habitation of █████ predates known human populations in the area by nearly ten-thousand years.

Dr. Richards: [Shows ████████ a photo of SCP-435-2] Do you know what this is?

████████: Y-yes.

Dr. Richards: Is it “He-Who-Made-Dark”?

████████: No. [pauses] It is his shadow.

<End Log>

Closing Statement:
The non-material nature of SCP-435-2 lends credence to the hypothesis that it is a projected effect from an unknown extra-dimensional entity somehow bound to SCP-435-1. While dumping the rock into SCP-███ and making it another universe’s problem is tempting, it seems possible that the actual effect would be to only transport SCP-435-1 without transporting the entity it appears to contain, releasing “He-Who-Made-Dark” into the material universe. Therefore Contingency 435-XK-Alpha is only a last resort. — O5-█

Djoric literally has the Brothers Death spawn from HWMD's darkness, not the other way around, and has Isabel show up afterwards

Ive already linked the HWMD and HWML stuff and how Djoric fit them into his lore, with the beginning of Chapter 1 Verse 1 being a cut and paste retelling of the fight between the two that lead to HWMD being split into the Darkness Above and the Darkness Below.

Though like i said i really dont care about HWMD and HWML enough atm to bother arguing for or against them right now and will be cleaning their profiles up later down the line.
Are we only using Djoric's canon for SCP 343? Because there's a lot of other stories like the Eschatology, the "waiting on God", and "Stars do not wait for you" that have him as a god.

Are we only using Djoric's canon for SCP 343? Because there's a lot of other stories like the Eschatology, the "waiting on God", and "Stars do not wait for you" that have him as a god.
See thats just the thing, significantly powerful reality warpers are on the level of gods in SCP, just look at 239

Plus its not just Djoric's canon that has 343 as a normal human with absurd reality bending powers, thres actually a few that have him explicitly as such

Okay so since it'll be easier to have one topic at a time we're gonna tackle 343 first since that seems to be a big source of confusion and get HWML/HWMD out of the way because i dont care. The 682 stuff will come after.

TFW Green King is actually a legitimate rprsentation of 343

I mean...shit, fair enough i guess, if it were just the djoric thing i'd argue against it but thats something else, just means 343 is more outdated than we thought lol, i'll throw his profile on the backlist of pages to clean up unless one of you want to take care of it

Does Competitive Eschatology even contradict this? Like im genuinely curious, it seems im not as familiar with 343 as i thought i was.

In the beginning, there was darkness. All was formless waste and empty void - The quiet nothing without time or place, the gentle sleep that has no waking.

All was still.

Nothing stirred in the darkness.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Then there was light.

The light separated the Darkness Above from the Darkness Beneath, and there was disparity between them. Between the darkness and the light there was also disparity, and shadows flickered therein.

The light shone in the darkness, and was not overcome. Likewise the darkness was not destroyed, but given form both Above and Below.

From the darkness came the Eldest, the All-Death. He came from the darkness and was of the darkness and was the darkness, and nothing to come might pass beyond him. Vast and mighty was he, that no other might comprehend the reach of his arm, or the length of his gaze.
████████: Long ago, when the world was only water and sky, there were two brothers, “He-Who-Made-Light” and “He-Who-Made-Dark.” Like all brothers they fought. One time the light brother insulted the work of the dark brother. The dark one, he does not like this, and begins to destroy all the light in the world. “He-Who-Made-Light” cannot let this be so he shoves his brother into a hole that goes outside light and dark, and plugs the hole with a rock. Because “He-Who-Made-Dark” can only see in the dark, “He-Who-Made-Light” puts the rock in a sling and throws it around the sun so it will always stay lit and the dark one will never see how to find his way out.

Dr. Richards: That rock is SCP-435-1?

████████: That is your name for the sky rock.

Dr. Richards: Yes it is. How did it end up [REDACTED]

████████: Long after the brothers fought, the dark one’s rock fell from the sky. It fell so hard that it broke the Earth and raised the land and killed the first people who lived only in the sea. On the Earth, the sun lit it only half the time, so when darkness came, “He-Who-Made-Dark” could see to find his way. Even so, he had been lost outside the world for many many years, so each night he only came a little closer. And each night the rocks shook and bled fire at his approach. The Earth did not like this, so she made the second people to watch over the sky rock, and keep it lit so that the dark one cannot find his way home. [pauses] I think you may be the third people.

Dr. Richards: So do you have any measure of how long you were keeping it lit?

████████: Since before [DATA EXPUNGED] Note: geological formations in the area suggest that if this is true then habitation of █████ predates known human populations in the area by nearly ten-thousand years.

Dr. Richards: [Shows ████████ a photo of SCP-435-2] Do you know what this is?

████████: Y-yes.

Dr. Richards: Is it “He-Who-Made-Dark”?

████████: No. [pauses] It is his shadow.

<End Log>

Closing Statement:
The non-material nature of SCP-435-2 lends credence to the hypothesis that it is a projected effect from an unknown extra-dimensional entity somehow bound to SCP-435-1. While dumping the rock into SCP-███ and making it another universe’s problem is tempting, it seems possible that the actual effect would be to only transport SCP-435-1 without transporting the entity it appears to contain, releasing “He-Who-Made-Dark” into the material universe. Therefore Contingency 435-XK-Alpha is only a last resort. — O5-█

Djoric literally has the Brothers Death spawn from HWMD's darkness, not the other way around, and has Isabel show up afterwards

Ive already linked the HWMD and HWML stuff and how Djoric fit them into his lore, with the beginning of Chapter 1 Verse 1 being a cut and paste retelling of the fight between the two that lead to HWMD being split into the Darkness Above and the Darkness Below.

Though like i said i really dont care about HWMD and HWML enough atm to bother arguing for or against them right now and will be cleaning their profiles up later down the line.
Neat but that doesn't prove that HWMD made TBD, cause it 1) explicitly calls the All Death the darkness with him ruling over everything that is within the darkness and the light, and 2) how did you get a correlation from that, given that 435 has HWMD and HWML exist at the same time when Chapter 1 has the darkness predate the light, HWMD was sealed in a rock and thrown to the sun, while the light in Chapter 1 split the darkness and several other differences between them that make them separate entities

See thats just the thing, significantly powerful reality warpers are on the level of gods in SCP, just look at 239

Plus its not just Djoric's canon that has 343 as a normal human with absurd reality bending powers, thres actually a few that have him explicitly as such
That is true. However, I could probably name more where he is an absurdly powerful reality warper than a average human with low-level reality warping.

Oh ya, and https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/chaoskampf-and-creation has offically 10 upvotes since I woke up.

I'm actually pretty frustrated with this too
Regarding the HWML and HWMD stuff, surely when you read the whole lore about them you'll see the stupidity of trying to link it to chapter 1 verse 1 without even crosslinking
Weekly the very thing you put out is also at odds with what you're trying to give, as HWMD and HWML existed and fought in the "World was only Water and Sky" and tried to match them with the djoricverse setting where Isabel's Light and All death's Darkness are the origin of all existence - ex nil bla bla. They also only Embodiments of them, even the narration itself directly states that Nothing is stronger or greater them
Lol the darkness that All death comes out of was never the normal darkness of HWMD which exists like the normal darkness of night and any other normal darkness/shadow (Here) but instead it is Pure Nothingness/Absence of The Very Concept of Existence. Darkness benath and Above are locations that embrace and beyond All of Creation, something the darkness of HWMD didn't or can
In the cave, there is darkness.

In the darkness, there is nothing.

It is not the absence of light; it is the dark of the absence of everything.

Voices rise from the darkness. A chorus, a chant, an old song rising up from nothing…

And Isabel whispers…

“I raised up my hand…

…And there was fire.”

The flame dances, and in its light, there is Isabel and the multitudes of memory. Each Wonder-Maker and Fire Bringer back to the beginning, unbroken and unforgotten. She is of their number, and they are of her. She knows the secret now. Behind all things that exist, there is existence.

She will save her friend.
Real Adventure even confirmed that Isabel and All-Death created themselves, Dark and Light as the setting of Chapter 1 Verse 1 (As we did in The Beginning) by dancing and merging lol
There is nothing at all now. Only the Death of All, and the Maker of Wonders.

She holds out her hand.

“Shall we dance?”

All-Death takes it gently.

“As we did in the beginning.”

They dance there at the end, eldest son of greatest dark and the light that was his opposite. They spin and twirl about each other, orbiting bodies drawn closer. Their forms brush, intertwine, become one. There is no beginning nor end to the light or darkness now, only the soft notes of completion.

Fade to black.

After a time, Isabel speaks:

“The end of the world goes like this: Everyone lived happily ever after.”
I swear it's not just Djoric, but Swan himself - the author of the whole legend about those two brothers will bang his head against the wall. No offense but it's a complete misunderstanding of context and pure Head canon, I'll explain more fully tomorrow

Last edited:
Regarding scp-343, I have a plan for him
He is still God Tier due to scaling from the Old gods aka Archons of Yaldbaoth who can literally transform anyone's body, mind, soul and essence into one with All of creation and compare with them

Regarding scp-343, I have a plan for him
He is still God Tier due to scaling from the Old gods aka Archons of Yaldbaoth who can literally transform anyone's body, mind, soul and essence into one with All of creation and compare with them
Chaoskampf is also canon, having 10 upvotes exactly.

Chaoskampf is also canon, having 10 upvotes exactly.
I don't want to use that
It is a bad story created for the sole purpose of power, the author is even greedy to the point of claiming SCP-001 Swan is only his avatar (or true form) and a related tale created by him. Posted on Wanderers library has literally been removed

I don't want to use that
It is a bad story created for the sole purpose of power, the author is even greedy to the point of claiming SCP-001 Swan is only his avatar (or true form) and a related tale created by him. Posted on Wanderers library has literally been removed
Well, it has 10 upvotes, until it dips below that, we're out of luck.

If I may as what decides what we use and what we don't I mean there are several explanations as to why everything is canon like SCP-2000, the multiverse, A. Swann's proposal, I even seen everything is canon canons, and several other things for example we have SCP-096 in the sun and SCP-096 killed by SCP-173 both accepted however it takes a lot of headcanon to explain both as usable.

If I may as what decides what we use and what we don't I mean there are several explanations as to why everything is canon like SCP-2000, the multiverse, A. Swann's proposal, I even seen everything is canon canons, and several other things for example we have SCP-096 in the sun and SCP-096 killed by SCP-173 both accepted however it takes a lot of headcanon to explain both as usable.
173 killing 096 was due to 173's power null

That is not something that key has it seems to just have some bone breaking power which explains how it snapped SCP-106's neck and didn't disable regeneration either time and how is SCP-096 alive to go in the sun or the foundation remove it from the sun.

That is not something that key has it seems to just have some bone breaking power which explains how it snapped SCP-106's neck and didn't disable regeneration either time and how is SCP-096 alive to go in the sun or the foundation remove it from the sun.
Because 173's profile is severely outdated just like 90% of the profiles for the verse

I didnt though? I dont have an SCP account
5e7a7c18d1009e947076293c814be5dc.png

Your name was there, so It's either someone pretending to be you, or it's your forgotten account.

My God, is the weekly we are talking to a ghost or imposter?

Jokes aside probably forgotten account

I'm... not really sure.

I recall seeing that page a few months ago, and your name was there IIRC. Could be wrong, though.

Because 173's profile is severely outdated just like 90% of the profiles for the verse
Ok I agree with the second part but could you provide evidence it has power null it that key it didn't prevent SCP-682, 096, or 106 from regening in it's fights with them I get 682 he just adapts but 096 doesn't have that and 106 also melted it.

Alright time to vote you out...

In all seriousness do they not realize you don't have an account?
Dunno, the guy tried to make a bunch of shit tales too but they got deleted immediately lol, I think he was trying to get me in trouble or get scp deleted here or something, not sure tbh

Ok I agree with the second part but could you provide evidence it has power null it that key it didn't prevent SCP-682, 096, or 106 from regening in it's fights with them I get 682 he just adapts but 096 doesn't have that and 106 also melted it.
Going by extended canon 173 has power null that can null tier 2s to 10-B so long as he is looking at them and they're not looking at him and 106 is a Rotting One whose presence causes the fabric of reality itself to rot

So uh...

Still SCP-096 regened from 173 snapping his neck. The Koitern has power null but normal extended canon doesn't also it's power null is defensive preventing anytime it looks at or is looking at it from harming it which doesn't include regeneration.

... SCP-096 didn't regenerate from 173 snapping his neck, as seen by the fact the SCP foundation litterally used that opening in the skeleton system to inject a bone hurting juice into the shy guy and melt him from the inside

"SCP-173 was exposed to SCP-096 and successfully broke its spine into two pieces between the fourth and fifth vertebrae."

The image of a hole ripped into the side of a metal wall appears on the screen behind Dr. Daniels.

"Of course after 5 hours of having its neck snapped, things went a little sideways. But recovery was accomplished fairly quickly. And you are now one step closer to being able to punish me. Congratulations."

It regened it died because it's bones were melted from the inside and it kept going until it was just goo.

Misconceptions? I am pretty sure the only way something related to extended canon can be wrong is if it's not actually a thing in extended canon, the question is how do we decide which piece of contrasting information is used you can't have the foundation that had problems getting SCP-096 get SCP-096 out of the sun and they won't have a living SCP-096 to throw into the sun if SCP-173 killed it.

Misconceptions? I am pretty sure the only way something related to extended canon can be wrong is if it's not actually a thing in extended canon, the question is how do we decide which piece of contrasting information is used you can't have the foundation that had problems getting SCP-096 get SCP-096 out of the sun and they won't have a living SCP-096 to throw into the sun if SCP-173 killed it.
Tales can happen in the past/future you know

Yes but how can both be used in this case yet other things are ignored like cain(SCP-073) having photographic memory why is this not on the profile.

Yes but how can both be used in this case yet other things are ignored like cain(SCP-073) having photographic memory why is this not on the profile.

Intelligence: Supergenius (SCP-073 possesses a perfect photographic memory, able to remember word-for-word all text in an eight-hundred-page dictionary that was flicked through in a minute and a half. He also has highly detailed knowledge of ancient to recent events in history, and most commonly spoken languages in the world, including ones that have since died out. SCP-076's intelligence is so high that the Foundation uses him as a backup for all of their data and information in the event of a catastrophe. This intelligence stems from his past life in which he was gifted knowledge from Nahash, which was so great that it would have been too much of a burden for even the gods to handle.)

?

Excellent, can you help me find where Photographic Memory is listed in the powers and ability section for some reason I can't find it.

I agree with the new gods powers including death bros and wondertainment. Don't know about SCP-682 and light and dark. SCP-343 is weird half the time he is a normal reality warper maybe even a stronger one or straight up the Abrahamic god I feel both should have separate keys or something but it can sometimes be hard to find which one is used so I don't know. It is less clear then if scarlet king or clef is the devil in his own works.

By the time I woke up the page was down to +9 rating, so I couldn't analyze what it was like beforehand.

That WeeklyBattles account has been around for 4 years, and been inactive for 4 years, aside from the upvote on Chaoskampf and Creation, which has been there for well over a year.

Regardless, the Chaoskampf situation isn't something to be derailing this thread for. It's completely off-topic.

By the time I woke up the page was down to +9 rating, so I couldn't analyze what it was like beforehand.

That WeeklyBattles account has been around for 4 years, and been inactive for 4 years, aside from the upvote on Chaoskampf and Creation, which has been there for well over a year.

Regardless, the Chaoskampf situation isn't something to be derailing this thread for. It's completely off-topic.
Are we really disqualifying votes due to inactivity? They did make multiple pages (deleted as Weekly said) and have commented on the scp wiki multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back