• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I attempt to tear the wiki asunder except i'm just stealing some guys meme and this has spiralled radically out of control please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • i was pretty certain that this entire thing proved that a foundation universe was infinite dimensional

The actual discussion is: "Can we apply this or not?". The statement itself is clear enough.

That's what i was thinking too. A regular universe was literally stated in that statement to be Infinite-D. A "Regular Universe" , then you apply infinite layers infinitely according to said statement... It gets crazy...ANYWAYS.

I obviously agree.The statement is clear, the SCP mods seem to agree with it, kind hard to ignore if they approve it, since they know their content and what it should contain better than likely all of us.

Are we also absolutely sure this is legit? Seems more like in-universe speculation, and not something concrete. This is like a note thing written by someone saying it as a theory.

In fact, a lot of SCP is speculation from falliable in-universe people that shouldn't be taken 100% literally.

Just let me say it now.................. if any verse is gonna get the title of "closest to actual omnipotence" it's gonna be SCPverse due to it getting updated and buffed FAR faster than any other verse i can think of.

I feel that the only reason people are upgrading SCP too fast is that not enough people care to evaluate it, and people abuse statements too much.

Always felt it gets double standards applied to it.

"The content within considerably surpasses, or is at least comparable, to the current human knowledge of astronomy and geometry. Some theories for which no evidence is available are backed up by evidence inside the library."

It is stated to be of scientifical value here.

The library supports and lists evidence of the existence

Here, the claims are called evidence, not speculation. As in, it's considered true in-universe.

Not really. It is the conclusion of an in-universe human scientist based on his analysis of the library. It is not 100% conclusive, absolutely truthful. It is his interpretation, not something that is absolute.

26 dimensions were verified mathematically in Star Trek. The entity named Q transcended and was present in all these dimensions in at least one of his forms, and is still only High 2-A due to that being a safer low end. All I'm saying is the same most likely applies here.

By the way, "Kunskapen", the name of the race, is Swedish for "knowledge".

Isn't this telling?

Hl3 or bust said:
Just let me say it now.................. if any verse is gonna get the title of "closest to actual omnipotence" it's gonna be SCPverse due to it getting updated and buffed FAR faster than any other verse i can think of.
1 High 1-C character in beginning of 2017, now it's 2018, and we are on the verge of making everything High 1-B and very possibly 1-A.

Aeyu said:
26 dimensions were verified mathematically in Star Trek. The entity named Q transcended and was present in all these dimensions in at least one of his forms, and is still only High 2-A due to that being a safer low end. All I'm saying is the same most likely applies here.
Yeah.

People get hard-ons for upgrading SCP and jump into conclusions. And 1-A is even more stupid.

Also:

"Should we incorporate this in our theory? I mean, it's something that can be proven, no?"

"(In response to the above) No. Abide by the rules."

The characters themselves reject it.

The name of the race doesn't mean shit.

Also, infinitely-layered dimensions don't mean infinite spatial dimensions. It can simply be one dimension with infinite phases to it. Like in Marvel or To Aru or Magi.

... Not disagreeing or anything ... But... So your saying to downgrading the entire composite hierarchies we made and many of the visual novel animes that have "infintie layers" as their main reasons for High 1-B and above ?

Complete false equivalency, Seed. Some series have actual proof behind them. Not speculations based on vague notes that could mean a phletora of things.

But, SCP being SCP... It gets a free pass because reasons.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, infinitely-layered dimensions don't mean infinite spatial dimensions. It can simply be one dimension with infinite phases to it. Like in Marvel or To Aru or Magi.
No, its flat out Infinite spatial dimensions. There is no arguing that.

Yes there is arguing, I just did. You can argue if it refers to infinite spatial dimensions and furthermore you can argue the validity of the statement, which is incredibly vague and shaky, just a note which is the theory of some guy in-universe, with no concrete proof of it's reality as the character is making claims he himself admits are unprovable and unfalsefiable.

not when it was literally sitting there like a light in the middle of the dark "infinite spatial dimensions" in the log.

also the foundation very clearly mentions it as "evidence", not just "speculation made by the race" E V I D E N C E. The foundation thought it was true. But the person who said not to use it was saying that because it was against a rule.

With the composite heirarchies, each generally seems to have it's own version of infinity and veiws all lower layers as fictional and possibly imaginary, so a high 1-B could exist and be seen as naught but fiction, being within the heirarchy means that you are high 1-B to some degree, thought often not within your own layer, ranging form base to ludicrously ******* high-end 1-B, transcending and infinite number of infinite infinities isn't automatically 1-A, but it's pretty damn lose.

Except it is flat out stated to be infinite, geometric dimensions.

there is an infinite number of dimensions in the unobservable universe

They suddenly mention 196,884 observable dimensions, and then shift to a single, infinitely-large dimension? That doesn't make sense.

Psh. Every Dragonball thread since 2016 has been forced.

>Goku gets hits by a laser

"OMG HE CAN'T BE 3-A"

>SSB Vegito in a preview of the next episode

"OMG HIGH 3-A VEGITO!"

>Krillin matches SSB kamehameha

"Omg 3-A Krillin!!!"

>Jiren's power is "beyond time"

"OMG 2-C Jiren!!"

No thought process whatsoever.

I agree with Matt here. You guys are way too fast on this. At least wait for three or four stories that actually showcases this. Is like trying to upgrade a whole verse with just one single solitary statement. While in this particular case is cut-and-dry, is it really any consistent? That's my opinion on this.

I saw, and i disagrew with all of it. Why would they use a specific number of spatial dimensions and then say infinite dimensions and mean something completely different?

It isn't at all close to 1-A, HI3. You don't seem to understand how 1-A works.

You can't reach 1-A by stacking shit atop each other.

@Arbi

The problem is that this is not confirmation, but in-universe speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back