• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Could you share what volumes these are from?
Slashdog Volume 2
When were these mentioned?
Dx Volumen 5 and 6
A lot of these placements are wrong ngl.
I'm not going to have this discussion again, I already told you that doing what you want at the end of the day doesn't affect much what will be done later, it's already clear to me that you don't understand what is considered a BxB and what isn't, and how Azazel's new BxB ranking system works.
When was this mentioned?
Dx Volume 4

Everyone else was because of circumstances but with Issei, she literally needed him on deaths door for her to do the thing
Not really, if she had known of Issei possessing the Boosted Gear sooner, she could've easily made him a part of her peerage. Not really a reason why Issei would need to be dead to become a pawn.

Really, IC kinda seems lazy to me on paper if you look at it. It may not have ALL of DL and AM's abilities, it's still just a composite of it if you look at all of its known descriptions.
There should be some difference. I feel Innovate Clear can probably create actual human beings or something close to that, whereas Annihilation Maker seems to be limited to monsters.

I haven't read SD in a long while but really? Is it SD 2?
Edit: Dimension Lost's base state does possess the ability to "reinforce dimensions" as well unlike the other SG.
"It was at that moment. The space that was starting to go away was enveloped by mist. The blurry scenery then went back to normal, as if this space was reinforced by the mist. I was familiar with this mist! —At the same time, I could hear a voice." Shin 3
Yeah. A mist that can teleport others.

And yes.

It’s fanon, partially caused by the anime. Most Rias haters are working off of a misunderstanding lol.
Add the hate of Issei haters too.

That's pretty much the majority of DxD fanfic writers on Wattpad who shit on Rias and Issei due to their knowledge of them coming from the anime lol.
Even in the anime, there was nothing Rias could do. Devils can only have personal interactions with Humans if they're summoned, if she interfered with Raynare and the others, it could've started a war, and there wasn't really reason for her to stop it anyway. Stopping every single death is kinda foolish, why would she prioritize the life of one random boy over the lives of every other human?
In the LN, she only came to know of the situation as she was summoned by Issei, in the anime, she knew a few hours prior but had no reason to stop it FRA.
Not really although it is different than the manga and Source Material
All of this, basically.

The anime does deviate/shift/change/remove things here and there, but ultimately still follows the events of canon to the end if in their own way.

S3 DxD may have been the point of anime talks I've seen on reddit, but so is the first two seasons as it had stuff that's very different than what the LN (source mat) and even the manga have done. S1 alone iirc had like Koneko follow along on Issei by spying on him up until I presume his original death as a Human from Raynare, plus Raynare having that buxom form (ayyy tho owo) when she only just grows wings on her back from the LN and manga.

And then there's ofc the thing regarding on Rias knowing about the situation or having interest in Issei beforehand vs not even knowing about him until she got summoned by him on death's door. There's also other stuff I remember that got shifted about that didn't happen yet like Issei doing Dress Break on Kalawarnar, yet he wouldn't actually learn that tech til the next volume in the conflict with Riser.

And this is only like a fraction of the differences done in the anime compared to the LN and manga at that.

There should be some difference. I feel Innovate Clear can probably create actual human beings or something close to that, whereas Annihilation Maker seems to be limited to monsters.
Point.

It's still kinda a composite of the two, if still different. So pretty much it is yet not a composite of the two other SG Longinus's.

Though if one were to reinvent Innovate as literally combining Dimension Lost and Annihilation Maker's abilities together into one, that could literally be broken af.

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Definitely lolol

Pretty sure even the current profiles we got need a lot of reworking. Not just calls for AP, maybe even speed too if anything unless speed's fine as is (although it kinda would help to give some scaling we can go for at the lower tiers...unless we already got that?). Lifting strength is another one too. If there's anything useful there, we can get those for anyone that have feats that scale them with.

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Definitely lolol

Pretty sure even the current profiles we got need a lot of reworking. Not just calls for AP, maybe even speed too if anything unless speed's fine as is (although it kinda would help to give some scaling we can go for at the lower tiers...unless we already got that?). Lifting strength is another one too. If there's anything useful there, we can get those for anyone that have feats that scale them with.
Yeah, we can start as soon as we get the abilities updated.

Don’t think low tiers have speed feats aside from being vaguely superhuman or FTE.

The only lifting strength feats I remember are Sairaorg lifting Grendel and Shooting Star’s Rook throwing a small mountain, both of which are in the profiles already.

In addition to including @MasqueTLDF suggestions for Issei, I added a few things for Wukong, Trihexa, Rossweisse, Kokabiel and Rizevim. I am mostly done, so I guess I will also add Azazel’s optional tech as abilities for him.

I have a few questions:

1. About the Spatial Manipulation, what is the relevance? Is it to give the characters resistance to spatial manipulation in general? Technically, random characters have warped space with their aura so it is nothing special.

2. I remember @TotalMasterInfinity suggested Blazing Inferno regeneration negation and some other things, but I don’t think it should have those because Issei mentions that the special flame ended up with different properties.

So their technique was developed using Ddraig's inextinguishable flame breath, [Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames] as the basis, huh?

“Did you use it without knowing its effects, by any chance?”

When I asked this, Riser said embarrassedly.

“Yes. That is why we didn't do enough research to find out what effect the flames would have on the opponent in addition to the damage they'd cause. ...But, I see, so you're saying that those flames even inflicted burns that the current Chief God of the Norse can't heal, huh?”

They used it in a rush. Therefore, they didn't know its effects. ...But Vidar-san ―― even a God can't heal himself from the damage inflicted by those flames... I wonder if that means that they have developed another terrifying flame, which is different from Ddraig's [Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames]?

Perhaps, Typhon, who was hit by the phoenixes’ combined flame technique with Vidar-san, may not have healed from the burns too.

Characters with certain levels of power are supposed to be able to break/cut space with physical, energetic attacks or their simple presence, although such attacks by their nature should ignore durability we never see this happen.
Sairaorg and Issei had a fist fight where their punches broke space but we didn't see anything like their attacks bypassing each other's durability.

Xenovia and Strada had a sword fight where each slash cut through space but we didn't see anything like their attacks bypassing each other's durability.

The only explanation would be that they had resistance.

Characters with certain levels of power are supposed to be able to break/cut space with physical, energetic attacks or their simple presence, although such attacks by their nature should ignore durability we never see this happen.
Sairaorg and Issei had a fist fight where their punches broke space but we didn't see anything like their attacks bypassing each other's durability.

Xenovia and Strada had a sword fight where each slash cut through space but we didn't see anything like their attacks bypassing each other's durability.

The only explanation would be that they had resistance.
Sure, it’s pretty blatant since anyone can tank space compression with enough aura and whatever. Or like, Fenrir being trapped in a spatial dislocation and tearing it apart with his fangs. No one really even commented on that.

The question is, how to explain on the sandbox so we can proceed. Do you agree on the Blazing Inferno issue btw?

Back