• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Yeah, matchups might be a bit pointless right now.

And okay with the blog. Because I would say you should establish the cosmology first in a separate thread and then from whatever is accepted, you can then try another thread to argue whatever you want for the God Tiers.

Let’s see what others think about the order. But I say the ability thread can just be done now.

Yeah, matchups might be a bit pointless right now.

And okay with the blog. Because I would say you should establish the cosmology first in a separate thread and then from whatever is accepted, you can then try another thread to argue whatever you want for the God Tiers.
Ah yeah, I agree.
Let’s see what others think about the order. But I say the ability thread can just be done now.
Alright, and I'll argue for whatever is proposed in the ability thread.

Don’t think it should scale tbh but thread will decide.

Hmm, I mean worse stuff is in the market but yeah, cancel culture is much more pronounced now. Issei’s always going to be controversial but I don’t think he molests or at least I don’t remember that.
Same. I only just put it there since it's related to its creation.

Yeah imagine this shit being known now compared to some years ago.

He doesn't, no. Issei's a known pervert, but even he has his own reservations and whatnot to not recklessly act up on his cravings. Like the whole "breast touching" thing of his is done entirely on consent AFAIK, and there is ofc the thing with Akeno in V7L3 after she reunites with her old man (Baraqiel) that nearly resulted in Akeno wanting to have her way with Issei only for Issei to refrain from the act since he didn't want to do it when Akeno's feeling down and all that.

He still admits to wanting to ravage her up (OWO), but he did the right thing at that moment to not do it when she wouldn't feel "right" to do it then and there.

Is there any easy to match characters for Highschool dxd?
Not a good time to do it right now as Burning and Masque said. Especially when the profiles need some serious updates like stats, abilities, even minor stuff like intellect and the like needing to be considered along the way.

Especially prominent because the profiles could POSSIBLY go higher up if we're to include Boosted Gear's multipliers thing, which is an in-universe power boost acknowledged throughout the series and all that.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal @TotalMasterInfinity @Vietthai96

Let us know what you think about this order, or should the Boost be done first. I would rather we take things from the bottom up, personally.
I'd get the abilities thing out of the way first.

Though I'd probably just trim it down in half, like do one CRT for the stuff @TotalMasterInfinity brought up before and another after for character specific abilities and resistances being added.

We don't want too many things in a revision thread as I'm sure that would require even the staff to have to look at the proposed changes some more, hence my idea to split it down in the middle or just do two parts of them if that makes sense.

After that, I guess we can finally get the Boosted Gear shit out of the way once and for all as I feel like that actually affects pretty much all of the tiers since Issei did that even when he was just a Low-Class Devil and the Low-Mid tiers MAY even be affected by it...or not?

IDK, but I'd do the BG issue after we get the abilities stuff done. Then whatever happens with the Boosted Gear issue, we get TMI's scaling/multiplier version done as an alternative like Masque suggests to scale the characters which we then tackle the characters stats as a whole.

Not a good time to do it right now as Burning and Masque said. Especially when the profiles need some serious updates like stats, abilities, even minor stuff like intellect and the like needing to be considered along the way.

Especially prominent because the profiles could POSSIBLY go higher up if we're to include Boosted Gear's multipliers thing, which is an in-universe power boost acknowledged throughout the series and all that.

I'd get the abilities thing out of the way first.

Though I'd probably just trim it down in half, like do one CRT for the stuff @TotalMasterInfinity brought up before and another after for character specific abilities and resistances being added.

We don't want too many things in a revision thread as I'm sure that would require even the staff to have to look at the proposed changes some more, hence my idea to split it down in the middle or just do two parts of them if that makes sense.

After that, I guess we can finally get the Boosted Gear shit out of the way once and for all as I feel like that actually affects pretty much all of the tiers since Issei did that even when he was just a Low-Class Devil and the Low-Mid tiers MAY even be affected by it...or not?

IDK, but I'd do the BG issue after we get the abilities stuff done. Then whatever happens with the Boosted Gear issue, we get TMI's scaling/multiplier version done as an alternative like Masque suggests to scale the characters which we then tackle the characters stats as a whole.
Hmm, alright. I can agree with condensing the TMI revisions into one thread. Then I think we could bump TMI’s Infinity Blaster calc in the evaluation thread pending whatever happens with the BG thread.

If the BG multipliers get accepted, then we can ignore the alternative and move on to the cosmology thread.

Edit: Abilities shouldn’t really be controversial so ig both threads can just be made now since Masque is done.

Last edited:
I'm about to post the thread, it'll be covering a few topics, all related to Issei's stats and how the boosts affect them including AP and Speed. As well as Magic Light scaling to Real Light, the sandbox I created a bit ago for Issei with the updated abilities. The purpose of the thread won't be to immediately change the profile, just to get everything approved stat wise. I'll wait until all characters have finished sandboxes to edit the profiles in a large revision thread but like I said before, this will only be focusing on Issei. The thread will be up in a few minutes.

I'm about to post the thread, it'll be covering a few topics, all related to Issei's stats and how the boosts affect them including AP and Speed. As well as Magic Light scaling to Real Light, the sandbox I created a bit ago for Issei with the updated abilities. The purpose of the thread won't be to immediately change the profile, just to get everything approved stat wise. I'll wait until all characters have finished sandboxes to edit the profiles in a large revision thread but like I said before, this will only be focusing on Issei. The thread will be up in a few minutes.
Guessing this is Boosted Gear CRT?

Side note, I wonder if the seven colored flame is ever really going to come up again. It just seemed like a way to nerf Typhon and Vidar because Cao Cao’s team wouldn’t be able to handle them at full strength.

Maybe they should try it against Trihexa but I doubt it would stop its regeneration, otherwise someone should have suggested it.

(And I hope Leonardo comes back with anti-divine monsters)

Although I would like to start from the bottom, I think that the most pressing things should be resolved first, in this case, they would be Cosmology and whether to use Boost as a Multiplier.

After this, we can start with the skills, resistances and the power scale.

I forgot to talk about speed, here is my alternative in case speed is not accepted

Here are the scenes of the feat, 1
Freed Height: 1.6 m
Pixels: 216 Px Px/m = 0.006130268
Traveled Distance: 159 Px = 0.974712644 m
Minimum velocity: Colt SAA: 230 m/s
Maximum velocity: FN 57: 762 m/s
and 2
normal diameter of a head: 0.61 cm
Pixels: 58
Px/m: 0.002210145
Distance: 80 Px = 0.176811594 m
Minimum Time Frame: 0.176811594 m/230 m/s = 0.000768746 s
Maximum Time Frame: 0.176811594 m/762 m/s = 0.000232036 s
Minimum speed: 0.974712644 m/0.000768746 s = 1267.925382 m/s = 3.7 Mach (Supersonic+)
Maximum speed: 0.974712644 m/0.000232036 s = 4200.691918 m/s = 12.25 Mach (Hypersonic+)
Those who scale are:
Yuuto Kibo obviously, Freed Sellzan who can fight with Yuuto
Issei Base was able to dodge an attack from Freed and with the Boosted Gear he could react and fight with him
Raynare was able to fight with Issei
Koneko Toujou can fight with Freed
Asia Argento as a human intercepted an attack from Freed aimed at Issei and as a demon she should be comparable to Issei Base
Mira surpasses Issei Base
Ile and Nel are superior to Mira
Burent, Marion and Shuriya also scale
Karlamine scales to Yuuto
Siris and Mihae scale to Karlamine
Ni and Li scale to be superior to Issei Post Training
Issei Second Liberation is even faster than before
Rassei surprised Issei Second Liberation and Yuuto
Irina Shidou Beginning of the Series can fight with Issei Second Liberation
Xenovia Beginning of the Series is comparable to Irina Shidou Beginning of the Series
Gasper Vladi can escape from Xenovia
Freed Sellzen Excalibur is faster than before and is comparable to Irina Shidou Beginning of the Series
Freed Sellzen Excalibur Fused is superior to my previous self
Yuuto Kiba Balance Breaker is comparable to Freed Sellzen Excalibur Fused

Reya Kusaka is 88.244 Mach (High Hypersonic+)
The ones who scale are:
Momo Hanaki scales to Reya Kusaka
Genshirou Saji is comparable to Reya Kusaka
Issei Post-Underworld Training is able to fight Genshirou Saji
Tomoe Meguri as a Knight should be superior to Bishops
Yuuto Kiba Post-Underworld Training is able to fight Tomoe Meguri
Tsubaki Shinra Series Start kept up with Yuuto Post-Training and avoided Akeno's lightning
Xenovia Post-Training kept up with Tsubaki Series Start
Tsubasa Yura Series Start intercepted an attack from Xenovia Post-Training
Ruruku Nimura should be comparable to Tsubasa
Koneko Touji Nekomata Mode can fight with Ruruku Nimura,
Akeno Himejima scales to be faster than Reya Kusaka,
Yubelluna scales to Akeno

I skipped some but I wanted to make it as concise as possible

1#
Liban Crocell is 0.33c (Relativistic)
If he were 1.5 faster he would be 0.5c (Relativistic+)
The ones that scale are:
Issei Base Max Power having a High Class strength should be comparable, At least 0.33c (Relativistic)
Isabela scales Issei Max Power

2# At least 0.5c (Relativistic+)
Issei Incomplete Balance Breaker is superior to his maximum power by going beyond his limits
Riser Fenex is comparable Issei Incomplete Balance Breaker
Rias Gremory scales to Riser by being his equal
Ravel Fenex scales Riser
Sona Sitri Beginning of the Series is comparable to Rias Gremory
Seekvaria Agares is comparable to Rias Gremory
Zephydor Glasya-Labolas is comparable to Rias Gremory
Diodora Astaroth Base is comparable to Rias Gremory
Akeno Post-Holy Lightning Release is comparable to Rias Gremory
Diodora Astaroth Ophis Serpent
Issei Full Balance Breaker comparable to Diodora Astaroth Ophis Serpent

3#
Issei Full Balance Breaker Max Power is 4 times faster, at least 2c (FTL)
Sealed Sairaorg Bael overwhelmed Issei Full Balance Breaker, at least >>2c (FTL)
Sairaorg Bael Full Power is even faster, at least >>>>2c (FTL)

1# Triaina and CxC Scale
Issei Illegal Move Triaiana is 5 or 6 times her Balance Breaker, At least 2.5c (FTL) At most 3c (FTL)
Issei Illegal Move Triaiana Max Power is 4 times her standard power, At least 10c (FTL+) At most 12c (FTL+)
Issei Cardinal Crimson is higher than Triaina's max power, At least >10c (FTL+) At most >12c (FTL+)
Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina is 5 or 6 times her standard power,
minimum: At least >50c (FTL+) At most >60c (FTL+)
maximum: At least >60c (FTL+) At most >72c (FTL+)
Sairaorg Bael Balance Breaker is able to fight against Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina so it scales
Issei Cardinal Crimson Max Power is 4 times his triaina, At least >200c (Massively FTL) At most >240c (Massively FTL)

2# At least >50c (FTL+) At most >60c (FTL+)
Grendel can hold his own against Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina
Azazel Base can dodge Grendel's attacks
Katarea Leviathan Base can hold his own against Azazel Base,
Katarea Leviathan Ophis Serpent should be faster than before

Issei Cardinal Crimson Shin DxD is comparable to Satan Class beings, At least >>50c (FTL+) At most >>60c (FTL+)
Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina Shin DxD is 5 or 6 times his standard power,
minimum: At least >>250c (Massively FTL) At most >>300c (Massively FTL)
maximum: At least >>300c (Massively FTL) At most >>360c (Massively FTL)
Issei Cardinal Crimson Maximum Post-DxD Power is 4 times his triaina,
At least >>1000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>1200c (Massively FTL+)

Gods should be much faster than Issei Cardinal Crimson Max Power Shin DxD, At least >>4000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>4800c (Massively FTL+)
Chief Gods should be massively faster than Gods, At least >>16000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>19200c (Massively FTL+)
Heavenly Dragon Class beings like Fafnir Outrage Mode should be superior to Chief Gods, At least >>64000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>76800c (Massively FTL+)

The scale would be:

Rizevim Livan Lucifer able to take on Fafnir Gekirin so he scales
Issei DxD is superior to Rizevim so also in scale
Issei DxD Max Power is 4 times his standard power, At least >>256000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>307200c (Massively FTL+)

Apophis True Form is able to clash against Issei DxD Max Power,
Azi Dahaka is comparable to Apophis True Form
Vali DxD can fight against Azi Dahaka
Vidar Ragnarok Aesir Berserk is superior to Apophis True Form
Issei Pseudo DxD Post-Amrita is comparable to Vidar Ragnarok Aesir Berserk,

Issei Pseudo DxD Post-Amrita Max Power is 4 times his standard power, At least >>1024000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>1228800c (Massively FTL+)

And Ddraig Goch is superior to Post-Amrita Pseudo Deified Dragon Issei so he is scaled to him

And Ddraig Goch Max Power is times his standard power, At least >>4096000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>4915200c (Massively FTL+)

This thing took way longer to post than it should, but it's done...to the best of my ability and my computer's survival at stake because I have zero clue WTF this fandom lags on me.

Srsly, this can be the only thing I have tabbed on my browser and it'll STILL lag on me for no reason. I don't even get it. I even almost had an aneurysm for how laggy it was here and there when writing out the explanations cuz IK I would have had to do that anyways regardless if I put it on the OP or not.

I forgot to talk about speed, here is my alternative in case speed is not accepted

Here are the scenes of the feat, 1
Freed Height: 1.6 m
Pixels: 216 Px Px/m = 0.006130268
Traveled Distance: 159 Px = 0.974712644 m
Minimum velocity: Colt SAA: 230 m/s
Maximum velocity: FN 57: 762 m/s
and 2
normal diameter of a head: 0.61 cm
Pixels: 58
Px/m: 0.002210145
Distance: 80 Px = 0.176811594 m
Minimum Time Frame: 0.176811594 m/230 m/s = 0.000768746 s
Maximum Time Frame: 0.176811594 m/762 m/s = 0.000232036 s
Minimum speed: 0.974712644 m/0.000768746 s = 1267.925382 m/s = 3.7 Mach (Supersonic+)
Maximum speed: 0.974712644 m/0.000232036 s = 4200.691918 m/s = 12.25 Mach (Hypersonic+)
Those who scale are:
Yuuto Kibo obviously, Freed Sellzan who can fight with Yuuto
Issei Base was able to dodge an attack from Freed and with the Boosted Gear he could react and fight with him
Raynare was able to fight with Issei
Koneko Toujou can fight with Freed
Asia Argento as a human intercepted an attack from Freed aimed at Issei and as a demon she should be comparable to Issei Base
Mira surpasses Issei Base
Ile and Nel are superior to Mira
Burent, Marion and Shuriya also scale
Karlamine scales to Yuuto
Siris and Mihae scale to Karlamine
Ni and Li scale to be superior to Issei Post Training
Issei Second Liberation is even faster than before
Rassei surprised Issei Second Liberation and Yuuto
Irina Shidou Beginning of the Series can fight with Issei Second Liberation
Xenovia Beginning of the Series is comparable to Irina Shidou Beginning of the Series
Gasper Vladi can escape from Xenovia
Freed Sellzen Excalibur is faster than before and is comparable to Irina Shidou Beginning of the Series
Freed Sellzen Excalibur Fused is superior to my previous self
Yuuto Kiba Balance Breaker is comparable to Freed Sellzen Excalibur Fused

Reya Kusaka is 88.244 Mach (High Hypersonic+)
The ones who scale are:
Momo Hanaki scales to Reya Kusaka
Genshirou Saji is comparable to Reya Kusaka
Issei Post-Underworld Training is able to fight Genshirou Saji
Tomoe Meguri as a Knight should be superior to Bishops
Yuuto Kiba Post-Underworld Training is able to fight Tomoe Meguri
Tsubaki Shinra Series Start kept up with Yuuto Post-Training and avoided Akeno's lightning
Xenovia Post-Training kept up with Tsubaki Series Start
Tsubasa Yura Series Start intercepted an attack from Xenovia Post-Training
Ruruku Nimura should be comparable to Tsubasa
Koneko Touji Nekomata Mode can fight with Ruruku Nimura,
Akeno Himejima scales to be faster than Reya Kusaka,
Yubelluna scales to Akeno

I skipped some but I wanted to make it as concise as possible

1#
Liban Crocell is 0.33c (Relativistic)
If he were 1.5 faster he would be 0.5c (Relativistic+)
The ones that scale are:
Issei Base Max Power having a High Class strength should be comparable, At least 0.33c (Relativistic)
Isabela scales Issei Max Power

2# At least 0.5c (Relativistic+)
Issei Incomplete Balance Breaker is superior to his maximum power by going beyond his limits
Riser Fenex is comparable Issei Incomplete Balance Breaker
Rias Gremory scales to Riser by being his equal
Ravel Fenex scales Riser
Sona Sitri Beginning of the Series is comparable to Rias Gremory
Seekvaria Agares is comparable to Rias Gremory
Zephydor Glasya-Labolas is comparable to Rias Gremory
Diodora Astaroth Base is comparable to Rias Gremory
Akeno Post-Holy Lightning Release is comparable to Rias Gremory
Diodora Astaroth Ophis Serpent
Issei Full Balance Breaker comparable to Diodora Astaroth Ophis Serpent

3#
Issei Full Balance Breaker Max Power is 4 times faster, at least 2c (FTL)
Sealed Sairaorg Bael overwhelmed Issei Full Balance Breaker, at least >>2c (FTL)
Sairaorg Bael Full Power is even faster, at least >>>>2c (FTL)

1# Triaina and CxC Scale
Issei Illegal Move Triaiana is 5 or 6 times her Balance Breaker, At least 2.5c (FTL) At most 3c (FTL)
Issei Illegal Move Triaiana Max Power is 4 times her standard power, At least 10c (FTL+) At most 12c (FTL+)
Issei Cardinal Crimson is higher than Triaina's max power, At least >10c (FTL+) At most >12c (FTL+)
Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina is 5 or 6 times her standard power,
minimum: At least >50c (FTL+) At most >60c (FTL+)
maximum: At least >60c (FTL+) At most >72c (FTL+)
Sairaorg Bael Balance Breaker is able to fight against Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina so it scales
Issei Cardinal Crimson Max Power is 4 times his triaina, At least >200c (Massively FTL) At most >240c (Massively FTL)

2# At least >50c (FTL+) At most >60c (FTL+)
Grendel can hold his own against Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina
Azazel Base can dodge Grendel's attacks
Katarea Leviathan Base can hold his own against Azazel Base,
Katarea Leviathan Ophis Serpent should be faster than before

Issei Cardinal Crimson Shin DxD is comparable to Satan Class beings, At least >>50c (FTL+) At most >>60c (FTL+)
Issei Cardinal Crimson Triaina Shin DxD is 5 or 6 times his standard power,
minimum: At least >>250c (Massively FTL) At most >>300c (Massively FTL)
maximum: At least >>300c (Massively FTL) At most >>360c (Massively FTL)
Issei Cardinal Crimson Maximum Post-DxD Power is 4 times his triaina,
At least >>1000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>1200c (Massively FTL+)

Gods should be much faster than Issei Cardinal Crimson Max Power Shin DxD, At least >>4000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>4800c (Massively FTL+)
Chief Gods should be massively faster than Gods, At least >>16000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>19200c (Massively FTL+)
Heavenly Dragon Class beings like Fafnir Outrage Mode should be superior to Chief Gods, At least >>64000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>76800c (Massively FTL+)

The scale would be:

Rizevim Livan Lucifer able to take on Fafnir Gekirin so he scales
Issei DxD is superior to Rizevim so also in scale
Issei DxD Max Power is 4 times his standard power, At least >>256000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>307200c (Massively FTL+)

Apophis True Form is able to clash against Issei DxD Max Power,
Azi Dahaka is comparable to Apophis True Form
Vali DxD can fight against Azi Dahaka
Vidar Ragnarok Aesir Berserk is superior to Apophis True Form
Issei Pseudo DxD Post-Amrita is comparable to Vidar Ragnarok Aesir Berserk,

Issei Pseudo DxD Post-Amrita Max Power is 4 times his standard power, At least >>1024000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>1228800c (Massively FTL+)

And Ddraig Goch is superior to Post-Amrita Pseudo Deified Dragon Issei so he is scaled to him

And Ddraig Goch Max Power is times his standard power, At least >>4096000c (Massively FTL+) At most >>4915200c (Massively FTL+)
Not sure about those in the Ultimate Class and Up, but they at least should be superior to anyone of High-Class as per the general power ladder the verse works on.

That aside, I do like the suggestion for this given we don't have any for Low-Classes and I feel like not enough of the Mid-Classes have anything else to scale to either? So having something for the low tiers for a benchmark is nice.

It's also not a ridious look of speed gaps being big like that too, considering this is a thing going on for starters and other series surely have this weird speed issue among their tiers.

Back