• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Breast Goddess is all about them t*****s, after all.

And yeah...

Speaking of ExE Gods, I'm kinda still of the opinion that Ishibumi really jumped the gun on adding these new guys into the mix. Technically they sorta aren't new ish since Chimune did sorta appear ish way back in Vol 7 during the Norse Gods visit/Loki confrontation arc. But it's kinda so off putting to add these guys in a setting where we know very little about the majority of them. The Etouldes especially so cuz at least the Evies, we got names of them through Ishi's blog and even how strong they are, with even the weakest named/unknown of the 3 Evie pillar's underlings being like top Maou class or whatever they were, and the strongest one is GR tier or above.

Speaking of this in terms of plot and setting, it's kinda jarring af in a lot of ways. Moreso the fact that the DxD world couldn't even kill Trihexa or try to seal it, and they're only equal to Infinite/Pre-Nerf/Complete Ophis and Great Red, and GR is practically fodder to the likes of Regalzeva(?).
I kinda understand it though, Vali's main motivation from the beginning was that he wanted to fight strong opponents, and in Volume 6, he states that he wants to surpass Great Red. There wouldn't be much point in surpassing Great Red if there weren't opponents greater than Great Red (Evies) to fight.

I kinda understand it though, Vali's main motivation from the beginning was that he wanted to fight strong opponents, and in Volume 6, he states that he wants to surpass Great Red. There wouldn't be much point in surpassing Great Red if there weren't opponents greater than Great Red (Evies) to fight.
Aye.

Which is something Ishibumi will have to pull quite literally from his ass to make sense of this given Vali, Issei, and the rest of the DxD world's latest enemies can make even Great Red look like fodder pretty much.

Also, does anyone have the raws for Shin 3? I wanna make sure the "destroy the planet" statements aren't actually "destroy the world" in the original text.

Yeah I just didn't include her since she's not exactly a combat type God, Chimune Chipaoti isn't known to do any fighting from what we've seen, her main thing is just talking to Issei through his mind whereas Resetoras has this statement "the fight between the good and evil gods has become a battle in which the good god Resetoras seeks supremacy without completely overthrowing Malvezoa.". Even this doesn't alone prove his strength as they do have soldiers, and unlike Resetoras, Chimune Chipaoti doesn't have any such statement.

Good to keep in mind, ExE Gods have so many different kinds of soldiers that it's hard to keep track.

4-A via Boosts in his later forms. The strongest class statement either refers to Dragon God Class or the Top 10 (Both are kinda the same tho), Shiva has statements of being able to hold back Full Body Trihexa (although unable to win) and iirc AxA has a similar statement. Shiva being around #2 strongest in DxD (without Great Red and Trihexa). I'd order Dragon God Class as being Tartarus?<AxA Issei<Shiva<God?<Infinite Ophis<Trihexa<Great Red, so either way he would be in the strongest classes. Issei might actually be able to get a 2-A rating with AxA although I'm not sure how I feel about that, Ig I'll see after I reread Shin 3. Shin 5 will definitely clear this up though.
She’s one of the pillar gods like Melvazoa and Resetoras, called Holy Mother God like how Resetoras is the Holy Father God. There’s no Indication that she doesn’t fight. Breasts are one of the biggest power sources in the novel too. Plus, look at how worried the Evies are with the revelation of Chimune contacting someone in Draconic Deus.

Tartarus can’t be anywhere close to DGs. He lost badly to a massively suppressed AxA and couldn’t do any damage. Then, nerfed Ophir and Lilith casually palmed his light rays and ignored the Abyss. Narratively, he should even be weaker than Hades. At best, he’s somewhat above Heavenly Dragons. Weaker than Hades and Indra, I’d say.

Last edited:
DxD Cosmology CRT got accepted. Super excited for what will come out of this.
Seems the cosmology is being revised/proposed to High 3-A to Low 2-C instead, from a quick skim. Need to hash out the details properly so you don’t go through the same revisions over and over. No point in rushing it.

Now I won’t claim to understand all the details about the tiering system but to be honest… DxD’s cosmology is roughly similar to that of Bleach. Garganta is virtually the same as the Dimensional Gap (infinite/boundless/endless space that surrounds or encompasses the various realms). And Garganta is rated as 3-A to Low 2-C on the site if I’m interpreting the Bleach pages correctly.

Either way, let’s see.

She’s one of the pillar gods like Melvazoa and Resetoras, called Holy Mother God like how Resetoras is the Holy Father God. There’s no Indication that she doesn’t fight. Breasts are one of the biggest power sources in the novel too. Plus, look at how worried the Evies are with the revelation of Chimune contacting someone in Draconic Deus.

Tartarus can’t be anywhere close to DGs. He lost badly to a massively suppressed AxA and couldn’t do any damage. Then, nerfed Ophir and Lilith casually palmed his light rays and ignored the Abyss. Narratively, he should even be weaker than Hades. At best, he’s somewhat above Heavenly Dragons. Weaker than Hades and Indra, I’d say.
Ig but if her profile is created, I think a "possible" rating would be more accurate.

May have worded it wrong, I don't think Tartarus was DG class, just included him as Issei needed AxA to defeat him. (Tartarus is AxA's only opponent so I just used him as reference.)

Seems the cosmology is being revised/proposed to High 3-A to Low 2-C instead, from a quick skim. Need to hash out the details properly so you don’t go through the same revisions over and over. No point in rushing it.

Now I won’t claim to understand all the details about the tiering system but to be honest… DxD’s cosmology is roughly similar to that of Bleach. Garganta is virtually the same as the Dimensional Gap (infinite/boundless/endless space that surrounds or encompasses the various realms). And Garganta is rated as 3-A to Low 2-C on the site if I’m interpreting the Bleach pages correctly.

Either way, let’s see.
2-A was already accepted. And the argument for High 3-A-Low 2-C is based on misunderstandings of my blog.

I'd say they are very different and it's a little disingenuous to omit details on what the Dimensional Gap exactly is for the sake of comparison. Reducing the DG to just encompassing the various worlds would be 2-C, but that isn't all that the Dimensional Gap is. We can discuss (not argue) the Dimensional Gap in depth another time, as you said, we don't need to rush things. (Especially given that I'll be a bit more busy irl from now on, I'll try to get to this whenever I have free time.)

2-A was already accepted. And the argument for High 3-A-Low 2-C is based on misunderstandings of my blog.

I'd say they are very different and it's a little disingenuous to omit details on what the Dimensional Gap exactly is for the sake of comparison. Reducing the DG to just encompassing the various worlds would be 2-C, but that isn't all that the Dimensional Gap is. We can discuss (not argue) the Dimensional Gap in depth another time, as you said, we don't need to rush things. (Especially given that I'll be a bit more busy irl from now on, I'll try to get to this whenever I have free time.)
If a staff is proposing 3-A to 2-C instead, I think it would need to be clarified. To be honest, I think it’s better to settle on an agreement right now instead of having to go through multiple other threads on the same issue. Trust me, that gets tiring and frustrating after a while. But yeah, they should have come to the thread much earlier than now.

Sure, but why would you say it’s much different from Garganta? Not saying they’re 100% the same but they seem very similar.

If a staff is proposing 3-A to 2-C instead, I think it would need to be clarified. To be honest, I think it’s better to settle on an agreement right now instead of having to go through multiple other threads on the same issue. Trust me, that gets tiring and frustrating after a while. But yeah, they should have come to the thread much earlier than now.

Sure, but why would you say it’s much different from Garganta? Not saying they’re 100% the same but they seem very similar.
(Not VSBW Staff tho), I mostly debunked their last claim and they haven't responded since despite seeing the response. That's clear cut enough for me however, I'm not an expert on the rules of the site. I agree.

Mostly the anime statements, I'd say it's possible for a 2-C downgrade provided justifiable argumentation is presented (which Phoenks hasn't shown yet). Every argument he's made along with other statements have just been misinformation, like when he thought the Underworld and Human Realm were the same, claiming the Dimensional Gap is a literal void, and stating Ophis' perception of the Dimensional Gap is the same as Akeno and Gasper's. Also, another problem is getting more staff to agree if we do go for 2-C instead, it took almost a month to get two people, as the nature of and complexity of the thread becomes more complicated, the time would unnecessarily take even longer even though it could be handled in an hour if we had actual active staff supporters.

(Not VSBW Staff tho), I mostly debunked their last claim and they haven't responded since despite seeing the response. That's clear cut enough for me however, I'm not an expert on the rules of the site. I agree.

Mostly the anime statements, I'd say it's possible for a 2-C downgrade provided justifiable argumentation is presented (which Phoenks hasn't shown yet). Every argument he's made along with other statements have just been misinformation, like when he thought the Underworld and Human Realm were the same, claiming the Dimensional Gap is a literal void, and stating Ophis' perception of the Dimensional Gap is the same as Akeno and Gasper's. Also, another problem is getting more staff to agree if we do go for 2-C instead, it took almost a month to get two people, as the nature of and complexity of the thread becomes more complicated, the time would unnecessarily take even longer even though it could be handled in an hour if we had actual active staff supporters.
Oh, I thought it was a staff.

I am not sure how to handle that. I guess bump the thread and ask again if clarifications are needed or the thread should be closed. IDK.

I'm still not really much on the cosmology or just eh, or moreso just the DG thing. But @MasqueTLDF does have a point that the person who responded was an admin, but not of VSB.

Only those of VSB had any right to confirm if they agree with the OP or are against it and prefer it to be of another tier instead which so far they haven't.

In case they don't want to deal it again in multiple CRT's, I would advise to bump it again and make sure things are clear before implementing it.

That said though, I also got those physiology pages to but just been really out of it mentally last week and even rn so I've been on the backburner for those.

I'm still not really much on the cosmology or just eh, or moreso just the DG thing. But @MasqueTLDF does have a point that the person who responded was an admin, but not of VSB.

Only those of VSB had any right to confirm if they agree with the OP or are against it and prefer it to be of another tier instead which so far they haven't.

In case they don't want to deal it again in multiple CRT's, I would advise to bump it again and make sure things are clear before implementing it.

That said though, I also got those physiology pages to but just been really out of it mentally last week and even rn so I've been on the backburner for those.
Yep, it’s just better to deal with everything now rather than having to do it over and over in multiple threads.

Well, you can take your time with those. I think Masque wants to do cosmology and stats before revising abilities.

Yeah.

And right. Though I think Masque might also wait up a bit on the profiles since many of them, especially the ones of Devils, Angel, and Dragon Physiology will be made later on to compile down the abilities to a more compact size for the newly reworked profiles.

Uh, so that thread is currently at six pages and I don’t have time or interest to read all of that. What’s the current consensus? Might skim through it later.

Uh, so that thread is currently at six pages and I don’t have time or interest to read all of that. What’s the current consensus? Might skim through it later.
Uhhh a lot of tap about Rimuru and some talks about Low 1-C or L1-A. It’ll have to come later, we have our work cut out for us.

Threads pretty much passed though.

And it’s too bad this didn’t really work out for Fantasia because it’s quite an interesting concept.
What's interesting is showing what the dual Red and White Dragon Emperor composite BxB armor form would look like and it's interestingly dope.

Also, this is the game that got Asia in her 😭 ("holy nun") outfit owo

What were you looking for here exactly?

On a sidenote, I think the verse page update I'm doing could also do something like what Tensei Slime have done. Make things sorta compact with putting Power of Verse/Series, Supporters and opponents listing, calculations, etc. into tabbers.

I also noticed they got tabs for explanation pages like for physiologies or explaining certain abilities which I think would work well to have for the blogs on Demonic/Angelic/Magic Power as well as Boosted Gear's multiplier thing and the cosmology. I also see a scaling explanation tabber which might be needed to explain how scaling works for the characters and what certain ranks of characs of a class are like how we know High-Class Devils can do attacks like Issei's boosted Dragon bullet attack that can punch holes into mountains...or however he did it, and we get to much higher tiers of AP/DC from there as you all should be aware like how frequent mountain and island busting becomes to Satan-Classes like Serafall being able to "wipe out Japan with MUH glitter several times over" and the like. This ofc not taking what scaling to the actual effects of Boosted Gear's multiplied power really should entail, which would bump their AP up even higher.

Just some stuff I'm throwing out here since there's still a lot to iron out I believe.

Looked at the current page of the revision. I am still wondering what a countless/infinite amount of worlds or timelines have to do with the Dimensional Gap, Fantasia or not.

Didn’t we agree that each world should have their own DG with their own balancer? As it doesn’t make sense if one Great Red is in control over something that many other Ophis and Great Red versions should logically balance.

One Great Red/Dimensional gap should only scale to the extent of one single Draconic Deus, which is at least Low 2-C to 2-C based on what’s being said currently. It seems 2-A is still up in the air.

Except I am misunderstanding the current argument.

Edit: Thread is pretty much confusing at this point.

Last edited:

On a sidenote, I think the verse page update I'm doing could also do something like what Tensei Slime have done. Make things sorta compact with putting Power of Verse/Series, Supporters and opponents listing, calculations, etc. into tabbers.

I also noticed they got tabs for explanation pages like for physiologies or explaining certain abilities which I think would work well to have for the blogs on Demonic/Angelic/Magic Power as well as Boosted Gear's multiplier thing and the cosmology. I also see a scaling explanation tabber which might be needed to explain how scaling works for the characters and what certain ranks of characs of a class are like how we know High-Class Devils can do attacks like Issei's boosted Dragon bullet attack that can punch holes into mountains...or however he did it, and we get to much higher tiers of AP/DC from there as you all should be aware like how frequent mountain and island busting becomes to Satan-Classes like Serafall being able to "wipe out Japan with MUH glitter several times over" and the like. This ofc not taking what scaling to the actual effects of Boosted Gear's multiplied power really should entail, which would bump their AP up even higher.

Just some stuff I'm throwing out here since there's still a lot to iron out I believe.
Yep

Yep, this is pretty much what’s needed for the verse, no matter what revisions get accepted.

I can help with gathering abilities when the time comes (well, most of them are in previous pages so I’m not sure if they’ve been forgotten already lol).

Yep

Yep, this is pretty much what’s needed for the verse, no matter what revisions get accepted.

I can help with gathering abilities when the time comes (well, most of them are in previous pages so I’m not sure if they’ve been forgotten already lol).
I think I got most of them for the idea.

The only thing I need to do is find some references for things like Angel Physiology on their Holy Power thing and that's about it.

Devils are practically done and even Dragons should be easy enough for any that are concerned. Angels one, I'm drawing a blank on where to get them at depending on the volumes and stuff lol.

Looked at the current page of the revision. I am still wondering what a countless/infinite amount of worlds or timelines have to do with the Dimensional Gap, Fantasia or not.

Didn’t we agree that each world should have their own DG with their own balancer? As it doesn’t make sense if one Great Red is in control over something that many other Ophis and Great Red versions should logically balance.

One Great Red/Dimensional gap should only scale to the extent of one single Draconic Deus, which is at least Low 2-C to 2-C based on what’s being said currently. It seems 2-A is still up in the air.

Except I am misunderstanding the current argument.

Edit: Thread is pretty much confusing at this point.
It's possible that they the different GRs and Ophis do it together in each of their respective areas within the DG. With the statements of the DG being above time, it wouldn't exactly be strange for it to be above the timelines which are reliant on time for their existence.

I think I got most of them for the idea.

The only thing I need to do is find some references for things like Angel Physiology on their Holy Power thing and that's about it.

Devils are practically done and even Dragons should be easy enough for any that are concerned. Angels one, I'm drawing a blank on where to get them at depending on the volumes and stuff lol.
Volume 7, 9, and 18?

Volume 14 releases in its official english translation next month, there may be some interesting things to note depending on how certain things get translated.

On the subject of resistances I think Dimensional Gap is still Death Manipulation only it would be through Void Manipulation. I also think there should be some Existential Erasure in the mix for those who can survive a large amount of time within the Dimensional Gap

I also mention Dx Volume 6 Life 2, it is mentioned that dragons have resistance to elemental attributes, these being Fire, Lightning, Air, Earth, Ice, Light and Darkness.

[Boost!]

I also overcame the enemy's tentacle attack while doubling the power of the gauntlet!

Our attacks could easily destroy the tentacles of the Chimera! However, because there was an incredible number of them, even if we continued to destroy them, they continued appearing one after the other and attacked us! The tentacles overlapped and struck down, or were used as a shield; it worked well in the offensive or defensive form! This guy, he was unexpectedly clever!

“Kuu! Even if I cut it and cut it, it has no end! Its regenerating power exceeds our attacks!”

Kiba cursed! That's right, even if cut, torn, or burned to a crisp, it regenerated in an instant and came attacking us again as if nothing had happened! If this continued like this, it wouldn't end!

[Explosion!!]

“Doubling complete! Dragon Shot!”

I finished doubling my power and shot a Dragon Shot, but its enormous body moved and just barely avoided it! So it could do this kind of thing too?!

“Because it has the genes of a Dragon, it is durable against all attributes, isn't it?!”

Flame, ice, lightning. After releasing attacks with all kinds of attributes, a grim look was mixed in Akeno-san's smile.

“...It also has quite the resistance against blows. I can't feel a response from it.”

Koneko-chan also wrinkled her eyebrows at the toughness of the overlapping tentacles after releasing a big punch at it.

When Buchou's demonic Power of Destruction hit the tentacles, the target was returned to nothing in an instant, but its regenerative power exceeds that!

“It's too strong to be just a Chimera! It seems like it was extremely compatible with the human world’s air and soil and the vitality of this school’s students! I think that it's releasing more power than its original specs!”

Guessing it's from this?

[Boost!]

I also overcame the enemy's tentacle attack while doubling the power of the gauntlet!

Our attacks could easily destroy the tentacles of the Chimera! However, because there was an incredible number of them, even if we continued to destroy them, they continued appearing one after the other and attacked us! The tentacles overlapped and struck down, or were used as a shield; it worked well in the offensive or defensive form! This guy, he was unexpectedly clever!

“Kuu! Even if I cut it and cut it, it has no end! Its regenerating power exceeds our attacks!”

Kiba cursed! That's right, even if cut, torn, or burned to a crisp, it regenerated in an instant and came attacking us again as if nothing had happened! If this continued like this, it wouldn't end!

[Explosion!!]

“Doubling complete! Dragon Shot!”

I finished doubling my power and shot a Dragon Shot, but its enormous body moved and just barely avoided it! So it could do this kind of thing too?!

“Because it has the genes of a Dragon, it is durable against all attributes, isn't it?!”

Flame, ice, lightning. After releasing attacks with all kinds of attributes, a grim look was mixed in Akeno-san's smile.

“...It also has quite the resistance against blows. I can't feel a response from it.”

Koneko-chan also wrinkled her eyebrows at the toughness of the overlapping tentacles after releasing a big punch at it.

When Buchou's demonic Power of Destruction hit the tentacles, the target was returned to nothing in an instant, but its regenerative power exceeds that!

“It's too strong to be just a Chimera! It seems like it was extremely compatible with the human world’s air and soil and the vitality of this school’s students! I think that it's releasing more power than its original specs!”

Guessing it's from this?
I guess this adds up with the heat and cold resistance stated in one of the extra life chapters.

It's possible that they the different GRs and Ophis do it together in each of their respective areas within the DG. With the statements of the DG being above time, it wouldn't exactly be strange for it to be above the timelines which are reliant on time for their existence.
I am not seeing this tbh. It seems like a stretch to me and I don’t think we should scale it to every other parallel world in existence. Something like this requires explicit evidence and I personally don’t think the argument is strong.

I am not seeing this tbh. It seems like a stretch to me and I don’t think we should scale it to every other parallel world in existence. Something like this requires explicit evidence and I personally don’t think the argument is strong.
Well we know that Great Red balances the DG, that's true in every timeline. Great Red is currently dead, Regalzeva has no reason to keep DxD alive but its existence persists. Why is that? We know the timelines are all connected, So why couldn't other Great Reds do it?

Back