• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Well your effort is great at least. Isn't that like, way too many keys for Issei?

Edit: As for the BG weaknesses, aren't those only from the early volumes? Neither Issei nor Ddraig or Euclid have been shown with some of those weaknesses, like losing power when they get hit by an attack.
Issei has a lot of power ups and his training does major increases for his base strength. It's either this or making multiple profiles for LN Issei. (Or I could maybe use Tabbers?)

There's nothing in the series that indicates that those weaknesses ever disappear. The inconsistent Boost Strength is even mentioned in Volume 16. They only lose the Boosted Power, it's the "Reset" sound that the Boosted Gear makes. The overload thing refers to the "Burst" sound of the Boosted Gear. And the damage thing is dependent on the durability of the user.

Issei has a lot of power ups and his training does major increases for his base strength. It's either this or making multiple profiles for LN Issei. (Or I could maybe use Tabbers?)

There's nothing in the series that indicates that those weaknesses ever disappear. The inconsistent Boost Strength is even mentioned in Volume 16. They only lose the Boosted Power, it's the "Reset" sound that the Boosted Gear makes. The overload thing refers to the "Burst" sound of the Boosted Gear. And the damage thing is dependent on the durability of the user.
Yes, try with tabbers for the Attack Potency part. It's hard for me to understand what's happening there. Also, are you downscaling base Issei from his BxB or CxC armours? If so, why?

Not inconsistent Boost strength, but the part where he loses the boosted power once he gets damaged. Technically hasn't been shown even when we see Issei knocked out or seriously wounded. There's no hard indication either way ig.

Issei hasn't reached a Burst state since the earlier volumes, but yeah.

Last edited:
I noticed that's been a thing for profiles like of Bleach, but it's kinda confusing and hard for me to turn that over in on profiles.

Not exactly big on doing big numbers lol.

Yes, try with tabbers for the Attack Potency part. It's hard for me to understand what's happening there. Also, are you downscaling base Issei from his BxB or CxC armours? If so, why?

Not inconsistent Boost strength, but the part where he loses the boosted power once he gets damaged. Technically hasn't been shown even when we see Issei knocked out or seriously wounded. There's no hard indication either way ig.

Issei hasn't reached a Burst state since the earlier volumes, but yeah.
Alright. In V2, had the ability to boost 18 times and with 12 was stated to be baseline High Class, his BxB was stated to be the ultimate power of his Sacred Gear at that point (This changes as the ultimate power later becomes CxC, DxD, and AxA.) and he was able to fight Riser. (Far above Rias who's considered a Genius amongst High Class devils thus should be above Baseline.) So it should at least be 2^18x (18 Boosts) his base. The author compares it to Bankai and Super Saiyan (two abilities that have canon multipliers). And the armor is described by Cao Cao to be solidified power surrounding the body, and most of the Boosted Gear's power comes from it's Boost ability so I believe it's accurate to assume it's a variation of that. CxC's multiplier comes from Issei's fight with Sairaorg, it's more of a lowballed multiplier than anything. Issei's BxB with 14 Boosts is equal to Base Sairaorg, WDR and 14 Boosts is stronger than Sairaorg (WDR's stated multiplier is x6), and BxB Sairaorg is stronger than the same WDR Issei while CxC Issei was equal to him. So the multiplier is at least BxB (2^14) x 6 (WDR) x 2^14 (14 Boosts). It's actually pretty simple, probably won't be able to do this for DxD though.

Volume 3:
“It’s the damage caused by the holy-sword. Devils and fallen-angels get their power and existence erased by receiving damage from the holy-sword to their body. If it were a bit deeper, then it would have been critical.”
It was just a graze! Does it take that much power from me that I get down on my knees!?
[Reset!]
The time for the Boosted Gear activation was finished. I also lost the boosted power within my body. My power returned to normal. How could this be!
Volume 3:
It made a howl and it came towards me and Asia! Crap! Should we run!? The boosts won’t get reset as long as I don’t attack and receive any attacks! I had to run while carrying Asia! But it seemed like there was nowhere to run to in a school field like this!

Because in Volume 3, the Boosted Gear started telling him how many Boosts he'll need to defeat an enemy, but iif he still goes beyond his own limit (which he hasn't done since Volume 2) he would be greatly damaged.

Not sure how to use that...
Think it's just stating the exact value characters scale to. So, if you say Issei's small country level for vaporizing the mountain, you mention the exact value in teratons as a reference.

If you say Vali scales to Issei, you mention the exact value in biggatons as a reference. Check the Bleach pages and such.

Alright. In V2, had the ability to boost 18 times and with 12 was stated to be baseline High Class, his BxB was stated to be the ultimate power of his Sacred Gear at that point (This changes as the ultimate power later becomes CxC, DxD, and AxA.) and he was able to fight Riser. (Far above Rias who's considered a Genius amongst High Class devils thus should be above Baseline.) So it should at least be 2^18x (18 Boosts) his base. The author compares it to Bankai and Super Saiyan (two abilities that have canon multipliers). And the armor is described by Cao Cao to be solidified power surrounding the body, and most of the Boosted Gear's power comes from it's Boost ability so I believe it's accurate to assume it's a variation of that. CxC's multiplier comes from Issei's fight with Sairaorg, it's more of a lowballed multiplier than anything. Issei's BxB with 14 Boosts is equal to Base Sairaorg, WDR and 14 Boosts is stronger than Sairaorg (WDR's stated multiplier is x6), and BxB Sairaorg is stronger than the same WDR Issei while CxC Issei was equal to him. So the multiplier is at least BxB (2^14) x 6 (WDR) x 2^14 (14 Boosts). It's actually pretty simple, probably won't be able to do this for DxD though
Not sure we should be downscaling his base form like that tbh. And I mean, current base Issei was stated High-class so that should be taken into account.

His current base can't be stronger than his complete armours at least.

Not sure we should be downscaling his base form like that tbh. And I mean, current base Issei was stated High-class so that should be taken into account.

His current base can't be stronger than his complete armours at least.
He wasn't just stated to be High Class, his rank was High Class and he tanked an attack that could easily kill one in base. And the tier I have him at for downscaling from CxC results in the same tier as being a High Class would anyway (Island Level-Large Large Island Level) so I believe it's a pretty accurate method.

Current Base is about as strong as his BxB in Volume 2 which I think is acceptable considering Issei trains every Volume and has access to Dragonization.

Think it's just stating the exact value characters scale to. So, if you say Issei's small country level for vaporizing the mountain, you mention the exact value in teratons as a reference.

If you say Vali scales to Issei, you mention the exact value in biggatons as a reference. Check the Bleach pages and such.
I already implemented Tabbers into the AP section so it should be a bit easier to read, I based it off of Naruto's profile.

I'll work on the statistics values next.

Funny that Issei as also used Dress Break on guys when they looked like women.

Breast Energy comes from the size of a woman's oppai, Issei doesn't posess any, he just has the power to manipulate it. He can use it to amp himself in which case the resistance would then apply to him but it's only ever a temporary thing. Ig you could say he gets the resistance mid battle if he's fighting woman, then add it to his profile.
Forgot to reply to this, but well, Azazel thought the reason his gender swap gun didn't work on Issei was because he used "an unknown breast power" or something like that.

Speaking of Azazel, I think we could list some of his inventions as optional equipment?

I found out today on Reddit that Slash/Dog Vol 3 is finally completely translated.

Earlier in the week, the ORC Website got updated to put in redirects to the translator's blog site of SD Vol 3's translation (Only up to Chp 3 iirc). As of today if not a couple or so days when I last checked, the rest of the translation on the website itself is translated.

So NOW we have ALL of Slash Dog as of its latest volume translated.

Now here's to waiting on Ishibumi to release Shin 5 and SD 4 owo

I found out today on Reddit that Slash/Dog Vol 3 is finally completely translated.

Earlier in the week, the ORC Website got updated to put in redirects to the translator's blog site of SD Vol 3's translation (Only up to Chp 3 iirc). As of today if not a couple or so days when I last checked, the rest of the translation on the website itself is translated.

Hoping Denpachi gets a full TL too

oh

Forgot to reply to this, but well, Azazel thought the reason his gender swap gun didn't work on Issei was because he used "an unknown breast power" or something like that.

Speaking of Azazel, I think we could list some of his inventions as optional equipment?
Nyuutron Beam Cannon is a breast power but Issei doesn't use his own power for it per se. I think it;s good to draw the distinction between breast power (the energy within Women's breasts) and breast power (Abilities related to breasts used by Issei). Kinda like how Demonic Power can be used to refer to both House specific abilities like Time, Worthless, and PoD, or the basic energy that flows throughout devils. DxD has a lot of instances like this where a phrase can have multiple meanings.

BLAZER SHINING AURA DARKNESS BLADE🗣️🗣️🗣️

Hoping Denpachi gets a full TL too
Yeah. But it's translated on a spanish/portuguese site. I was actually thinking of making pages for it back in the day. They can't scale to DxD because it's a parallel world but they have superhuman feats with low level players making large craters and such, which is typically small building level at least (?).

I guess they'd be wall level at minimum. I'd have to read the novel again to understand the scaling better. There's not many feats there IIRC.

Reposting this again.

I would ASSUME I got just about everyone of relevancy...More or less.

There could possibly some more I think we could possibly add. There's Satanael, a Cadre of the Fallen who only appears in Slash Dog so far and probably has some stuff to do if possible. I PROBABLY think some of Issei's future kids from EX could work but IDK where they'd fall under. Maybe something like "Crimson Dragon Emperor's Children" or something... Benemue I would have added to the list possibly but I'm kinda unsure on her until Junior possibly expands on anything new with her that isn't anything similar to what the rest of the Fallen have done. There's also those artificial-made Trasncendent-Class/Satan-Class Devils I remember that fought in the tournament or something too like Balberith and Verrine but didn't really think much to add them. Though they are powerful and got some feats to hold so it's something to consider there.

Some things to note here:
  • I put Wukong onto a new tab for Buddhas under "God and Buddha" as they seem to be of similar standing in terms of existence or whatever by how HSDxD Wiki list them. Otherwise they can just be their own section. Either or doesn't make much difference to me.
  • I had thought to consider maybe adding the Evies for their own section as either "ExE Gods", "Evies" or even just "Other" but aside from some off-screen fights, statements, short fights, and some other stuff, I really can't see many of them even viable to be made beyond one hand.
Anything else besides this, aside from having to update even just the power of verse part if that Boosted Gear CRT gets made, and it should be about done to update the verse page finally.

Reposting this again.

There could possibly some more I think we could possibly add. There's Satanael, a Cadre of the Fallen who only appears in Slash Dog so far and probably has some stuff to do if possible. I PROBABLY think some of Issei's future kids from EX could work but IDK where they'd fall under. Maybe something like "Crimson Dragon Emperor's Children" or something... Benemue I would have added to the list possibly but I'm kinda unsure on her until Junior possibly expands on anything new with her that isn't anything similar to what the rest of the Fallen have done. There's also those artificial-made Trasncendent-Class/Satan-Class Devils I remember that fought in the tournament or something too like Balberith and Verrine but didn't really think much to add them. Though they are powerful and got some feats to hold so it's something to consider there.

• I put Wukong onto a new tab for Buddhas under "God and Buddha" as they seem to be of similar standing in terms of existence or whatever by how HSDxD Wiki list them. Otherwise they can just be their own section. Either or doesn't make much difference to me.
  • I had thought to consider maybe adding the Evies for their own section as either "ExE Gods", "Evies" or even just "Other" but aside from some off-screen fights, statements, short fights, and some other stuff, I really can't see many of them even viable to be made beyond one hand.
Anything else besides this, aside from having to update even just the power of verse part if that Boosted Gear CRT gets made, and it should be about done to update the verse page finally.
Think this looks very good. Nice job man! (Also, Mitsuya Kanzaki does have some images available which I think would make his section a bit nicer)

I suppose I'll leave links to some of the sandboxes (I'll update this list with more as I progress) I'm working on as well in case anyone wants to check them out. They of course are all still WIPs.
Boost Multiplier Blog (Can find most of the general revised tiering information here. Although the Blog is pretty long, it's very detailed.)
Issei Sandbox
Rias Sandbox
Riser Sandbox

Reposting this again.

Great work.

But actually... shouldn't we make a separate group for Issei's peerage and Rias' peerage? Xenovia has a peerage too. Balberith, Verrine and Nimura are part of xenovia's peerage while Bennia is now with Issei and Rugal Bernstein is with Rias. IDK but it's something to consider.

Aside from that, Evies can have their own section. I think Galvaldan and Ruma Idra did enough to get pages in EX. It could have different tabbers to separate the commanders. For example, Galvaldan and Ruma Idra are part of the Invade Fanatics.

For Slash Dog, there's the new youkai Inugami and Soranaki. They can fall under youkai. Satanael has the Abyss Team but we haven't seen the important members.

Exorcists can have David Cerro included.

There could also be a Wizards of Oz section. Augusta can get a page when the scaling is done.

That's all I can think of.

Great work.

But actually... shouldn't we make a separate group for Issei's peerage and Rias' peerage? Xenovia has a peerage too. Balberith, Verrine and Nimura are part of xenovia's peerage while Bennia is now with Issei and Rugal Bernstein is with Rias. IDK but it's something to consider.

Aside from that, Evies can have their own section. I think Galvaldan and Ruma Idra did enough to get pages in EX. It could have different tabbers to separate the commanders. For example, Galvaldan and Ruma Idra are part of the Invade Fanatics.

For Slash Dog, there's the new youkai Inugami and Soranaki. They can fall under youkai. Satanael has the Abyss Team but we haven't seen the important members.

Exorcists can have David Cerro included.

There could also be a Wizards of Oz section. Augusta can get a page when the scaling is done.

That's all I can think of.
I thought about that over and over but just never really bothered to. Although in that sense, it works considering Ravel is part of Issei's peerage as is Ingvild who I can put on there. Though I kinda think some will be shifted around as Xeno having her own peerage means she gets moved around there while Rias had Asia and Ross switched over to Issei's iirc. Loup Garou is also part of Rias Peerage currently too so there's that.

Probably. Though only like those two + the top pillars of the Evies would be viable even though the last of the pillars we haven't seen, Seraselbas, isn't known much except being right around her brother's power level.

Ah, true. Satanael can, but IDK about his team yet.

Right for the rest of the other chars and section, as is Augusta.

But aside from those and adding a bit more like Ingvild, I think that's about it.

Back