• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Universe Discussion Thread

Wouldn't devils have Resistance to Disease manipulation too? I forgot which Volume it was but I believe it's stated that devils are immune to all human illness.
Not sure. It's possible, since the DxD wiki said something about Issei and Saji getting sick but it was something specifically contracted(?) onto Devils.

So maybe they can't get sick from human illnesses but those that Devils can be affected by would affect them the same way as ordinary ones do on us.

The timelines are connected as you can travel between them and the DG is above what devils perceive as time so it logically should be above all timelines as well. If you're referring to locations like ExE, they know what the dimensional gap is and travel through it to get to DxD and logically the same should apply to FxF.
But why would they have their own? There's no evidence to support it.
All these things can be true without one single DG stretching to encompass all timelines. What would you think the other versions of the Dragon Gods are doing, if only one Great Red or Ophis has control over everything? It doesn't make much sense.

Narration implies that the DG in Draconic Deus looks different from what the Evies have seen before.

Edit: What you're implying is that all parallel worlds would collapse if something happened with the current balancer, which would be odd. What the characters say is that their own world would be affected, not all other parallel worlds.

All these things can be true without one single DG stretching to encompass all timelines. What would you think the other versions of the Dragon Gods are doing, if only one Great Red or Ophis has control over everything? It doesn't make much sense.

Narration implies that the DG in Draconic Deus looks different from what the Evies have seen before.

Edit: What you're implying is that all parallel worlds would collapse if something happened with the current balancer, which would be odd. What the characters say is that their own world would be affected, not all other parallel worlds.
It's possible but how would you articulate that? How can it be beyond time and bound to time at once? Either way it wouldn't change the rating for it, it'd still be 2-A. for containing 1 timeline and its size. I guess you're right about that.

Could just mean the area in he DG surrounding DxD looks different than the part surrounding DxD, we know the appearance of the DG constantly shifts appearance depending on location within it. (End of BorN ep 12, before Great Red appears.)

They didn't exactly have knowledge of other worlds when a majority of these statements were made, and if they did, it wasn't the most detailed understanding, they just knew other worlds existed, not the affect the DG has on them.

Edit: I'll update the blog with these things in mind later, it's nice to receive feedback as it really helps us to be as fair and accurate as possible, thanks.

It's possible but how would you articulate that? How can it be beyond time and bound to time at once? Either way it wouldn't change the rating for it, it'd still be 2-A. for containing 1 timeline and its size. I guess you're right about that.
Oh, I was under the impression 2-A cosmology comes from all parallel worlds, which is why I mentioned 4-A to Low 2-C or 2-C as an alternative based on the other suggestions.

I don't have much knowledge about the cosmic/dimensional tiering stuff. If the cosmology is still 2-A with the one parallel world, then it's fine ig. I was really just skeptical about the entire parallel worlds having one single Dimensional Gap.

About the devil illness thing, I personally don't remember anything to that effect.

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Well there's the Tiering System page this platform uses for reference.

As far as I know, 2-A is as said here:

2-A: Multiverse level+​

Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting,[1] creating and/or destroying a countably infinite number of separate space-time continuum.

But as far as I've seen, including one statement I remember Le Fay said about "parallel universes" (although I can't remember if she meant like the mythos realms where the Gods and stuff live at or something else as she mentioned this alongside Norse's Yggdrissel), everything else fits for a 2-C scale cosmology the verse works.

2-C: Low Multiverse level​

Characters or objects that can significantly affect,[1] create and/or destroy small multiverses which can be comprised of several separate space-time continuums ranging anywhere from two to a thousand, or equivalents.

Everything from parallel dimensions, alternate timelines, parallel worlds separate from DxD like Denpachi and OG Slash-Dog (not the Fallen God Slash-Dog story, mind you), Melvazoa being able to manipulate parallel versions of himself, etc. all fits for this.

2-B is for 1001 to countless worlds, which DxD wouldn't apply either.

Altogether, the entirety of Ishibumi's works is plentiful but I think they'd still be on lower end of 2-C.

The Dimensional Gap/Void thing would be another matter in relation to all of this.

@Burning_Full_Fingers

Well there's the Tiering System page this platform uses for reference.

As far as I know, 2-A is as said here:

2-A: Multiverse level+​

Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting,[1] creating and/or destroying a countably infinite number of separate space-time continuum.

But as far as I've seen, including one statement I remember Le Fay said about "parallel universes" (although I can't remember if she meant like the mythos realms where the Gods and stuff live at or something else as she mentioned this alongside Norse's Yggdrissel), everything else fits for a 2-C scale cosmology the verse works.

2-C: Low Multiverse level​

Characters or objects that can significantly affect,[1] create and/or destroy small multiverses which can be comprised of several separate space-time continuums ranging anywhere from two to a thousand, or equivalents.

Everything from parallel dimensions, alternate timelines, parallel worlds separate from DxD like Denpachi and OG Slash-Dog (not the Fallen God Slash-Dog story, mind you), Melvazoa being able to manipulate parallel versions of himself, etc. all fits for this.

Altogether, the entirety of Ishibumi's works is plentiful but I think they'd still be on lower end of 2-C.

The Dimensional Gap/Void thing would be another matter in relation to all of this.
The dimensional gap's size statements are what make it 2-A.

The dimensional gap's size statements are what make it 2-A.
It might still be.

You just need to get the staff to actually accept it.

Edit: Just for you, unless it was done already, I put this on the CRT Promo Boost Thread for everyone to check out and see.

If that doesn't work, we probably gotta start messaging the staff on their profile walls here I think.

Last edited:
Isn't Loup Garou a part of Rias' peerage?
Also, how do you get added to the verse's supporters page?
If you mean by current events, yes.

The thing is, Bennia also should be part of Issei's own peerage for that same reason but for sorta the sake of not making things complicated, I did the draft (ofc not finalized) more or less in mind with what the current DxD page has for the characters. Like in the Loup and Bennia case, I put them with Sona's based on when they first joined and it's not inaccurate since they WERE her Servants until she had them transferred over to Rias and Issei's peerages later on afaik. It's just that as the current verse page is as it is now, we don't have a section for Issei having his own Peerage and all for example, hence the draft as it is and more to come.

And you just click on the button that says "edit" and write down your name and such in brackets like everyone else's name on there.

This is ofc done easy on computer. Mobile, that would be difficult but still doable to do, just be careful not to somehow mess up the format of the text and all.

That said, the verse page clearly needs an update here and there even if it's just for stylish updates.

Last edited:
The verse page could be updated with new calcs, scaling, justifications, cosmology blog, etc as the verse is being revised.

The Dimensional Gap/Void thing would be another matter in relation to all of this
OK, I see. So 2-C for mythology worlds and 2-A if Masque is on point with the Dimensional Gap.

Talking about the 1001 worlds, as a side note, didn't EX suggest that branching parallel worlds are created based on different choices people make? I wouldn't be surprised if there was thousands of parallel worlds based on that, but it's my speculation.

The verse page could be updated with new calcs, scaling, justifications, cosmology blog, etc as the verse is being revised.

OK, I see. So 2-C for mythology worlds and 2-A if Masque is on point with the Dimensional Gap.

Talking about the 1001 worlds, as a side note, didn't EX suggest that branching parallel worlds are created based on different choices people make? I wouldn't be surprised if there was thousands of parallel worlds based on that, but it's my speculation.
I interpreted the statement as referring to time travel specifically creating alternate timelines but I'm not sure.

So, if profiles are going to be done for the Evies, what would Ruma Idra's abilities be listed as? Specifically, his special beam which has the ability to destroy past events.

Back then, @Vergil_Lucifer said this EX translation was a mistranslation.
Ruma Idra was on the front salvo, and said loudly,

“A single shot from my main body can destroy any target and penetrate any kind of barrier, be it space, time or dimensional. As long as my power source remains, I will bombard all events in the past.”

What! What in God’s name was that! Not just space-time bombardment, but also historic events shelling as well! No, perhaps they just did not want to destroy mythologies, but they also wanted to destroy the history of mankind!

Once you can do that, there will be nothing in this world, no, even a world line would not exist!

While I was not involved in many past events of mythology, I just could not stand it when one wanted to interfere with the accumulated parts of history of humankind!

Portuguese translation seems more accurate.
Ruma Idra before the mouth of the cannon, proclaimed loudly.

【A single attack from my main body will cross dimensions or even space time, destroying its target. ──And in this place, as long as the power source continues, I will be able to directly bombard all the events of the past】

──! What the hell is he planning to do! A bombardment that can even cross spacetime and launch a single attack on the history of the past! Possibly, no, he definitely plans to add to the bombardment not only those related to mythologies, but also human history! If he manages that……I couldn’t fathom how many universe lines would be created! Although it was bad enough just to participate in events from the past of mythology, it was already too much to intervene even in human history!

Time manip? I don't doubt that it's a valid AP feat though.
Looks like textbook hax to me. I don't see how it can scale to anyone's attack power or durability. It wasn't even portrayed as if adult Issei could tank it or anything, since they had to stop Ruma from using the beam in the first place.

Looks like textbook hax to me. I don't see how it can scale to anyone's attack power or durability. It wasn't even portrayed as if adult Issei could tank it or anything, since they had to stop Ruma from using the beam in the first place.
Sure but the reason I'm hesitant to just dismiss it as hax is because I'm not exactly sure what kind of hax it is. Not sure it would be time manip as it doesn't really control time in any way, maybe something similar to King Crimson from JJBA?

Sure but the reason I'm hesitant to just dismiss it as hax is because I'm not exactly sure what kind of hax it is. Not sure it would be time manip as it doesn't really control time in any way, maybe something similar to King Crimson from JJBA?
Destroying past events should be causality manipulation and maybe time manipulation. Tsukishima from bleach has causality manipulation for altering the past, for example.

Wondering if each world (DxD, ExE, FxF) would be counted as timelines (by VSBW standards) themselves separate to the overarching timeline. (The ones mentioned in EX. Also stated to have a separate time axis.) They're all at least Universal in size and are temporally separate from each other as the DG exists between them. And would this be similar to the idea of Hypertimelines found on the DB cosmology page? If so, it might actually make the Dimenional Gap Low 1-C although I'm not too knowledgeable on the topic to state one way or the other.

Ah, this was my old sandbox for character profiles. Nostalgic

Edit: If we created a physiology page for Gods, would they get resistance to some Sacred Gear abilities, since Longinus are the select gears that can kill them, or is it too much of a stretch?

Ah, this was my old sandbox for character profiles. Nostalgic

Edit: If we created a physiology page for Gods, would they get resistance to some Sacred Gear abilities, since Longinus are the select gears that can kill them, or is it too much of a stretch?
I think Longinus are like light to devils (And Dragon Slayers) in the way that they do extra damage to Gods, not that the abilities themselves kill gods. And most character have resistances to hax as long as they're stronger than the user.

I think Longinus are like light to devils (And Dragon Slayers) in the way that they do extra damage to Gods, not that the abilities themselves kill gods. And most character have resistances to hax as long as they're stronger than the user.
It's True Longinus that has actual anti divine properties based on Cao Cao's statements. The other Longinus haven't been stated to have that specific property.

Definitely. So far it's just profile box change ups here and there (usually if we have images of them if possible).

Yeah. It's essentially just 2-C altogether with DxD and the neighboring mythos worlds, ExE, FxF, the alternative timelines and parallel worlds from Ishi's tweets to the anime and even his earlier works of Denpachi and OG SD, and that's just excluding the DG out of it. So we already have a Tier 2 cosmology right then and there.

Possibly? Though so far the only thing I recall about branching parallel world is stuff like the breast goddess not making contact with Issei and the other stuff with EX events like Loki breaking out of his prison or Issei's kids time travel to the past (or even an alt universe past from their timeline point?) to the main series where we get the mention of several branches of space-time or parallel worlds already being made.

If it's even applicable on a more general scale, it could reach 2-B? But I think we need more evidence to get there. Otherwise EX's case would be just 2-C. Maybe an "At least 2-C" scale of the verse's cosmology (again, excluding the DG here from the equation).

It's True Longinus that has actual anti divine properties based on Cao Cao's statements. The other Longinus haven't been stated to have that specific property.
This. AFAIK, the Longinus were at first stated to be Sacred Gears that have the potential to be able to kill Gods like Boosted Gear having that when Issei discovered it and Rias talking about it way back in the first volume.

Though that seems to be more like it has potential to even kill Gods and Demon Kings alike, not that it can. And if it does, only True Longinus is stated to have it. Think even Canis Lykaon does too since it carries along in it Ame no Ohabari, the blade which was used to kill Kagutsuchi (Shinto God of Fire).

Are we having a physiology blog for only devils, or is there any other race to be added.
Only ones to come to mind would be Angels and Dragons, MAYBE the Gods too.

Angels, I kinda thought of having the Fallen Angels added only because they're technically still Angels just not Holy and all as they were.

I could probably put one for them in the same if I plan to make one but just like in some section. So it'd be Angel Physiology but covers for two, the normal and the Fallen.

You can see pages for things like DMC, CSM, Bleach (One, Two), and BC among others to get an idea if they're also worth it.

The linked pages also has the category "in-verse specific PNA" as they're things that fall under what the series species have or of specific powers that is unique to them like Aura for RWBY, Ki Manip for DB Series (whatever they use for theirs), and so on.

Only ones to come to mind would be Angels and Dragons, MAYBE the Gods too.

Angels, I kinda thought of having the Fallen Angels added only because they're technically still Angels just not Holy and all as they were.

I could probably put one for them in the same if I plan to make one but just like in some section. So it'd be Angel Physiology but covers for two, the normal and the Fallen.

You can see pages for things like DMC, CSM, Bleach (One, Two), and BC among others to get an idea if they're also worth it.

The linked pages also has the category "in-verse specific PNA" as they're things that fall under what the series species have or of specific powers that is unique to them like Aura for RWBY, Ki Manip for DB Series (whatever they use for theirs), and so on.
Dragons would be a good one too, they have shared abilities like fire breathing, magic resistance, flight, and outrage.

Last edited:
Dragons would be a good one too, they have shared abilities like fire breathing, magic resistance and outrage.
Definitely.

They also got longevity, the resistance to cold and heat as Burning pointed out a while ago, poison resistance too like Issei not being affected by Youjutsu who makes a poison mist that affects Devils and Youkai alike like Rias and Koneko (the former even being a High-Class too so it's pretty potent), size alteration or transformation, and a few other things we could be missing.

Just keep in mind that this is only general stuff that is or can be shared by the species in question. Anything unique like Ddraig's Boost and Transfer, Albion's Halving and Reflect, and etc. would be listed on their would be profile (or in their case as SG inhabitants, their user in question).

I am trying to remember instances where devils could create inanimate matter from nothing. I remember Ajuka making a clock and Akeno making a changing room, but not the specific volumes

Back