• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 12

@Dargoo Youre forgetting rhe mech not being passively nor constantly invisible, having limited flight time, and her ability to dodge attacks

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Youre forgetting rhe mech not being passively nor constantly invisible, having limited flight time, and her ability to dodge attacks
Still makes it a chore to hit.

They're homing attacks.

Litentric Teon said:
I just got back. Can I get a brief run down on the arguments from both sides please.
Pyrrha using her Semblance to veer off most of Sweet Tooth's metallic weaponry, if not right back at him, plus sufficient intelligence and skill to deal with the barrage of attacks. I likely missed something so go check up there is my best recommendation.

Sweet Tooth has the AP and Dura advantage, tracking projectiles he can shoot all at once, many of which aren't metallic based and one of which even goes through obstructions like walls or buildings, invisibility, flight, and possibly being too heavy for Pyrrha to really lift and ragdoll, but that is kind of still being discussed right now. Also forcefield on sweetooth to negate ragdolling damage even if it's doable.

Litentric Teon said:
I just got back. Can I get a brief run down on the arguments from both sides please.
MrKing's second post about sums up the case for Sweet Tooth. The argument for Pyrrha's a bit of a mess right now though.

AnonymousBlank said:
The gears are all solid metal unlike Sweet Tooth's truck, when she slams a bunch on Cinder, its definitely far more than the ice cream van.
Sweet Tooth's van is filled to the brim with weapons, tho.

WeeklyBattles said:
His van is mostly hollow, its not at all filled to the brim with weapons
Where do you think all the weapons we've been discussing are when he's in the van

TriforcePower1 said:
If it were filled with weapons, that would only work to Pyrrha's advantage anyway, as she could manipulate then.
They didn't get manipulated from, once again, a magnet that could harm the van with more than 2x Pyrrha's AP.

I personally don't doubt Pyrrah could lift him up, personally. At least based on her moving all those gears.

But that still doesn't negate the Forcefield that makes any damage from that not very important or the constantly hounding projectiles that don't get affected by magnetism and that he can shoot constantly.

So, if the gears weigh less Pyrrha would be losing the match?

Edited that part out, I see.

I can make a rough calc right now: using this catalog as reference, a type B3 gear of 3.75 inches diameter weights 26 pounds, let's assume that these geras have a diameter of twice Cinder's, so 3.6 m, that's means they weight: [3.6/(3.75*0.0254)]^3*26 = 1403740 pound or 637 tons. Is highballed and not sure about proportion (it would means that the gear is 1.14 m of wide).

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sir It does when Pyrrha can just pin the mech in place and pull Sweet out of it
Pyrrha isn't pulling someone out of a van with an ability that has an AP over two times less than the van's dura.

Also again with him not getting effected inside of the van by a giant magnet.

I've never seen Pyrrha use her abilities to pin something in place.

Im sticking with pyrrha, vastly superior skill, magnetism strong enough to pin the mech and rip sweet tooth out of it, more than enough mobility to avoid the few attacks sweet has that she cant just nope with magnetism, the fact tjat the mech doesnt have passive invisibility or indefinite flight

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Pyrrha using her Semblance to veer off most of Sweet Tooth's metallic weaponry, if not right back at him, plus sufficient intelligence and skill to deal with the barrage of attacks. I likely missed something so go check up there is my best recommendation.

Sweet Tooth has the AP and Dura advantage, tracking projectiles he can shoot all at once, many of which aren't metallic based and one of which even goes through obstructions like walls or buildings, invisibility, flight, and possibly being too heavy for Pyrrha to really lift and ragdoll, but that is kind of still being discussed right now. Also forcefield on sweetooth to negate ragdolling damage even if it's doable.
@Jacky

Plus Mr King's explanation of sweet tooth up above.

And no, Weekly, she's not pulling him out with no metal to do that. Or the fact that shouldn't stop him from shooting his weapons, or any projectiles already shot out, or his forcefield.

@Sir Sweet tooth has TONS of metal on him, yes she can pull him

His forcefield doesn't stop magnetism manip

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sir Sweet tooth has TONS of metal on him, yes she can pull him
His forcefield doesn't stop magnetism manip
For the fifth time, he wasn't affected by a magnet that could harm his van.

The best Pyrrha can do is move around the van with TK but that doesn't do anything to Sweet Tooth himself, nor does it do anything to him using homing attacks on her to disrupt her concentration.

Yes. Game mechsnics. It doesnt protect the van it protects sweet tooth so he doesnt get pulled out of his van in a game where getting pulled out ofnyour vehicle would be ridiculously unfair.

Sweet - 6 (MrKing, DaBigP, Litentric, Ricsi, Lisir, Ciruno)

I need a rollcall on whoever is still voting for Pyrrha since a lot of the reasoning from beforehand relied on assumptions about Sweet Tooth that MrKing debunked.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes. Game mechsnics. It doesnt protect the van it protects sweet tooth so he doesnt get pulled out of his van in a game where getting pulled out ofnyour vehicle would be ridiculously unfair.
Or maybe it just effects the vunerable dude inside of the van from the effects of it; who also doesn't seem to have trouble with the van moving and crashing at high speeds anyways.

And again she ain't pulling him out with the dura gap regardless.

Sweet - 7 (MrKing, DaBigP, Litentric, Ricsi, Lisir, Ciruno, Flowery)

Pyrrha - 1 (Weekly)

Back