• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Tournament REBirth

So i just checked Godzilla profile (RAT versiom that being submitted here) and then i saw his record and he lost to Kagura.....long story short, went to Kagura page and she's also a High 7-A
Which mean i missed the opportunity for her joined the tourney due of my dumbass brain couldn't remember shit AAAAAAAAAAAA!!
images

So i just checked Godzilla profile (RAT versiom that being submitted here) and then i saw his record and he lost to Kagura.....long story short, went to Kagura page and she's also a High 7-A
Which mean i missed the opportunity for her joined the tourney due of my dumbass brain couldn't remember shit AAAAAAAAAAAA!!
images
Kagura wouldn't even be able to participate in the tournament, she has reality warping and spatial manipulation

Its your pick between not being addable because of ability restrictions and not being addable because of speed stomps.

Technically speed amps are allowed until the match doesn't become a speedblitz, tho I don't remember whether or not we have a set multiplier for speed like we do for AP.

Technically speed amps are allowed until the match doesn't become a speedblitz, tho I don't remember whether or not we have a set multiplier for speed like we do for AP.
I did consider allowing nonspeedblitz amps, but we dont have a concrete value for Speedblitzing in the first place. People more or less agreed on 5x times in the past but what about now?

I don't remember what's the max multiplier a Pokemon can get (since stages are different than multiplier) but I don't think it reaches 5X.
Still, idk if we consider multipliers in pkmn as literal, or as simple game mechanics (imho, the latter would be better).

I don't remember what's the max multiplier a Pokemon can get (since stages are different than multiplier) but I don't think it reaches 5X.
Still, idk if we consider multipliers in pkmn as literal, or as simple game mechanics (imho, the latter would be better).
4x
Also it is a literal multiplier based on Mystery dungeon where the attack is actually shown in action. It literally says that the pokemon's speed has "doubled" "tripled" "quadrupled" and the pokemon who get that speed amp can attack 2/3/4 times before the opponent attacks.

Well, how about we do it like this then:

Any Speed amp below 4x times will be fair game again. We all can agree that a 5x time amp is going to be a massive stomp no matter how you look at it, so those aint gonna get added either way.
also Witch, the matches of the tournament you will add them later when its finished?

Man, i can't believe Garou got downgraded right during the tournament.
Just when he got his new dura neg techniques.

We have finally reached the Semifinals stage, so i thought it would be a good time to do some opinion gathering. Topics being:

How did you like this tournament? I have my personal gripes that definitly need improvement, like better contestant filtering, as the powerlevels there clearly imbalanced, but outside of that, how did you guys find it? And how could i improve it for the future?

Are ya guys interested in a losers bracket with the first 8 contestants? That would be a way for unlucky or weaker contestants to get more concluded matches on their profiles.

And finally, time to jazz up the final 3 rounds! Finalists can send me a cool posing picture of their character and a choosen themesong (Dosnt have to be canon) to pep the grande finale up. Additionally, if interested, send me key character moments for me to read up on their general personality for a short pre battle banter (Optinal, and it would delay the finals for a bit).

Time to end this nightmare event with a bang!

I'd like a loser bracket, and I think you've done a really good job, with the already-existing filters, the story and all the other elements you're going to use for the next matches.

I loved it, tbh. It gave some attraction to Jin, which I believe he deserves a lot.

Not to mention, all the other matches were fun too.

Also, I'll try to give a better picture for Jin, even if it's not official in a few minutes.

Back