• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 10 (Xiao vs Lucario)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
nb8FqRH.png

Welcome welcome, to the tournament of heroes and warriors!
Follow along the fates of 16 remarkable
individuals from across space and time,
in this tournament of glory and honor!

In this glorious Round, on the On the Left: Xiao! On the Right: Lucario!

Hf3YgGA.jpeg

fdycVGy.png

Xiao: 6

Lucario: 1

Last edited:
Because I know both well I'm confident i can vote now.

First in stats, Xiao absolutly destroys Lucario in skill, experience and intelligence and it isn't even close, which is a massive advantage for Xiao, and AP and dura wise Lucario initially is higher until Xiao puts on his mask and gain that aswell, so Xiao beats Lucario at everything stat wise besides speed which is equalized anyways.

That isnt to say that Lucario would get stomped though, asuming he has access to all his level up moves, he can foresite to remove Xiao's intangibility, Aura Sphere and Mind Reader to hit Xiao no matter how much of a skill advatage he has, Vacuum Wave or Extreme Speed to blitz down Xiao, Life Dew to heal, and of course his other offensive moves, so he does have options to make this fair, but I do think Xiao can counter most of Lucario's options.

First off, that skill advantage would make it pretty much impossible to land hits on Xiao which aren't Aura Sphere or with the help of Mind Reader, so most of Lucario's offensive moves that aren't a -% hit rate needs Mind Reader, giving Xiao an opportunity to attack when Lucario uses it, and although Lucario can disable his intangibility with foresight, Xiao still has his shield for defense against Aura Sphere or Mind Reader attacks, the only thing Xiao can't counter are priority moves like Vaccum Wave, Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, but it is unlikely for a wild Lucario to spam just that, and for setting up buffs like Swords Dance or Agility, there's no reason Xiao wouldn't try to attack him when he has a free opportunity where he's exposed.

For Xiao though, unlike his last match, he has the AP advatage and Lucario can't really defend against him besides using Detect which he can't spam, so if Xiao get's the opportunity to start plunging on Lucario, he wins as it would only take a few of them to kill Lucario, with Lucario having a chance to win by using Extreme Speed a ton, but I think it's more likely that Lucario would unknowingly allow Xiao to plunge on him before he wears him out with Extream Speed.

Although it hurts to say to a pokemon i have in almost all of my playthroughs, I'm voting Xiao mid-diff.

First off, Lucario can buff himself to hell.
Speed amps are restricted in this tournament but ap buffs aren't whic means Lucario can make himself 4x stronger than he already is.
What is Xiao's mask buff? Cause i doubts it's gonna reach Lucario's level

Lucario has amazing debuffs which could cause issues for Xiao who has 1.3 gt compared to Lucario's 3.1 as the debuffs can cut his defense in half multiple times.

Lucario's senses which let him predict attacks will ease his fight as Xiao is indeed more skilled, but Lucario's attacks will break through Xiao's with is and if Lucario gets in trouble he could keep his distance and abuse it as he has hundreds/kilometers range compared to Xiao's dozens of meters.

Lucario can also just heal himself if necessary.

I'm still confused, if lucario, and all other pokemon have 4x ap boost, shouldn't that be listed on the profiles keys and AP?

I'm still confused, if lucario, and all other pokemon have 4x ap boost, shouldn't that be listed on the profiles keys and AP?
It's their natural moves. Making them a different key is like restricting a gun from shooting because it has higher attack potency that way

First off, Lucario can buff himself to hell.
Speed amps are restricted in this tournament but ap buffs aren't whic means Lucario can make himself 4x stronger than he already is.
What is Xiao's mask buff? Cause i doubts it's gonna reach Lucario's level

Lucario has amazing debuffs which could cause issues for Xiao who has 1.3 gt compared to Lucario's 3.1 as the debuffs can cut his defense in half multiple times.

Lucario's senses which let him predict attacks will ease his fight as Xiao is indeed more skilled, but Lucario's attacks will break through Xiao's with is and if Lucario gets in trouble he could keep his distance and abuse it as he has hundreds/kilometers range compared to Xiao's dozens of meters.

Lucario can also just heal himself if necessary.
Like I said, Xiao has no reason not to attack Lucario if he's just buffing and debuffing, so it would be a pretty bad idea for Lucario to just buff up while taking hits from someone with higher AP at the same time, although that would also depend on how long it takes for Swords Dance and Agility to be used.

Last edited:
It's their natural moves. Making them a different key is like restricting a gun from shooting because it has higher attack potency that way
But it straight up boosts their ap to 16 gigatons, it should be listed on their key/ap, no?

Like, "High 7A normally, 6C with (Buff name)"

Like I said, Xiao has no reason not to attack Lucario if he's just buffing and debuffing, so it would be a pretty bad idea for Lucario to just buff up while taking hits from someone with higher AP at the same time, although that would also depend on how long it takes for Swords Dance and Agility to be used.
Agility happens mid action but it is restricted here.

Swords dance isn't the only thing that Lucario can do, he can also bulk up which is basically him flexing his muscles real hard and he can use calm mind which is a momentary attack which boosts two stats at once.
Swords dance summons intangible swords around him which at the same time boosts his attack

It's not for all Pokemon, it's because of moves like Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, which increases AP by 100% per use, up to a 300% attack or special attack bonus, aka a 4 times amp.

Agility happens mid action but it is restricted here.

Swords dance isn't the only thing that Lucario can do, he can also bulk up which is basically him flexing his muscles real hard and he can use calm mind which is a momentary attack which boosts two stats at once.
Swords dance summons intangible swords around him which at the same time boosts his attack
Yeah I know, those are just the main ones that would really help Lucario here.

Brb I'll go see the anime if they have any solid set up times for these moves.

How does Xiao have the AP advantage despite how he is only 1.3 gigatons? Is this from a quicker buff?
Also, Lucario can just spam nerfing his stats while buffing itself, not to mention getting a speed amp up to 4x.

Does Xiao have anything buffing his speed to keep up with Lucario? If so, what is the amp multiplier?

How does Xiao have the AP advantage despite how he is only 1.3 gigatons? Is this from a quicker buff?
Also, Lucario can just spam nerfing his stats while buffing itself, not to mention getting a speed amp up to 4x.

Does Xiao have anything buffing his speed to keep up with Lucario? If so, what is the amp multiplier?
Basically, base Xiao upscales from that feat, then he has his spear which has even higher AP then he does at base, and then his Masked form which gives a massive AP increase (108% amp, and every 3 seconds he's in the state, he gains 5% more AP, up to 25% bonus damage).

I'm 99% sure Lucario can only do one move at a time, even in the anime, and Xiao can fight him while he's trying to buff and debuff, he wouldn't just stand around waiting like this is a Pokemon battle.

And apperently Agility is banned? So his only buff/debuff options are Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Metal Sound and Work Up via level up.

Agility is not banned as it has be used up to 6 times to achieve 4x, with a 50% increase every use, not to mention this tourney only allows speed amps <4x for it to be allowed, so it fits in. Also, it gives Lucario more attacks to do before his opponent can attack.

Agility is not banned as it has be used up to 6 times to achieve 4x, with a 50% increase every use, not to mention this tourney only allows speed amps <4x for it to be allowed, so it fits in. Also, it gives Lucario more attacks to do before his opponent can attack.
Well that's what the other Lucario rep said so i took his word for it so eh, but still Lucario would not have an easy time trying to buff and debuff against Xiao.

This is is ridiculous, How tf is lucario allowed in the tournament with all these buffs he has to himself and he can nerf the opponent's stats too?!

Also his speed amp not getting restricted is dumb as well. So basically each amp he does is not 4x but he can amp multiple times to make it go over the 4x threshold. Bruh

The speed amps have been restricted by the organizer to be 3x max if i remember correctly.
This is a low hax tournament, not low amps

Amps are hax and shit that's too op is still considered. Lucario can amp his stats by 4x, can boost his own speed AND can debuff the opponent, from what you've said in the other thread he can make your defense half which would literally make him one shot anybody here

Well that's what the other Lucario rep said so i took his word for it so eh, but still Lucario would not have an easy time trying to buff and debuff against Xiao.
Lucario can use attacks to buff like meteor mash, iron claws, and power up punch or debuff Rock Smash, shadow ball, and crunch. Anyway what's the speed buff for extreme speed.

The problem is that, it won't be a High 7-A match.

After even a single buff, Lucario's AP will become 6-C. IIRC, in another match, we've already restricted 6-C attacks, even if they aren't in a different key.

Lucario simply buffing will make every single attack 6-C.

That's only after a single buff, since the cap is 4x, he'd become around 12~ gigatons.

Of course, if people are fine with that, then I can't really argue against it. But basically, this won't be a High 7-A vs High 7-A match.

Amps are hax and shit that's too op is still considered. Lucario can amp his stats by 4x, can boost his own speed AND can debuff the opponent, from what you've said in the other thread he can make your defense half which would literally make him one shot anybody here
Amps ain't hax
Amps are amps

The problem is that, it won't be a High 7-A match.

After even a single buff, Lucario's AP will become 6-C. IIRC, in another match, we've already restricted 6-C attacks, even if they aren't in a different key.

Lucario simply buffing will make every single attack 6-C.

That's only after a single buff, since the cap is 4x, he'd become around 12~ gigatons.

Of course, if people are fine with that, then I can't really argue against it. But basically, this won't be a High 7-A vs High 7-A match.
Well bring it up to the organizer i guess.

Amps ain't hax
Amps are amps
Bro what kinda logic is that, Low hax is clearly there to make the tournament balanced. If an amp or multiple amps makes a character too broken that character is subjected to be kicked out of the tournament.

And aside from amps he has precog, aura, attack reflection, power mimicry (very potent from what I've head), statistic reduction

Hax as you can see it doesn't fit the definition it doesn't ignore their stats it changes your stats or lower the opponents stats to a degree based on the opponents stats.

Attack reflection is a common still and isn't really used, he still gets hit when using precog as he does not use it 24/7 and power mimicry is useless as it would only work on pokemon moves

He can still use it whenever he wants to for the event that he needs to which is still deadly. Same case with attack reflection, Unless there's some downsides to it he can just bust it out anytime he wants, Precog + Speed amps and what's his opponent's gonna do? Fair enough. Alright so if we look over what lucario can do (Not saying he will but he can) is, Speed amp by 3x, Amp his AP by 4x, Reduce the opponent's defense in half (one shot worthy)

Tf is going on here? Debating if his amps are to powerful? I've already made my argument that Lucario's amps won't help him here, so restricting them won't really do anything, because if Lucario just spams until he has a 4 times amp, he would be dead by then, so IMO the amps aren't broken, but I don't really care if it's restricted either.

He halves the opponent's defense, Speed amps to whatever the maximum is for the tourney, Amp his AP by 4x, And has precog

Lucario can use attacks to buff like meteor mash, iron claws, and power up punch or debuff Rock Smash, shadow ball, and crunch. Anyway what's the speed buff for extreme speed.
With how massive the skill difference is, those attacks won't land without Mind Reader, and Vacuum Wave is stated to be so fast that it can attack the oppenent before they can think or react, and Extreme Speed is faster then that pretty much, no clear number though.

He halves the opponent's defense, Speed amps to whatever the maximum is for the tourney, Amp his AP by 4x, And has precog
Surprising none of those matter if he just stands there taking hits from someone who has higher AP without Lucario buffing, those still have a casting time exposing him, but agility should be restricted, that im not arguing with, also Lucario's precog is more so sensing then actual precog, so he isn't going to start predicting attacks or something.

Surprising none of those matter if he just stands there taking hits from someone who has higher AP without Lucario buffing, those still have a casting time exposing him, but agility should be restricted, that im not arguing with, also Lucario's precog is more so sensing then actual precog, so he isn't going to start predicting attacks or something.
Uh no? He isn't just standing wdym, they got equal speed. Some of them doesn't, from what I've heard only his some of his speed amps are but you can correct me on that, If he can amp his strength by 4x he can just go to town with xiao by then, he doesn't even need the other speeds amp he has. if he can amp his strength to 4x and amp his speed once he'll already be faster and way stronger than xiao, plus he can halve the defense of xiao as well. And btw they are starting 4 kilometers off of each other

Debating if his amps are to powerful? I've already made my argument that Lucario's amps won't help him here, so restricting them won't really do anything
I think the complaint is for the tournament overall. Though I guess it won't matter if Xiao beats him here.

And btw they are starting 4 kilometers off of each other
Well nvm he would get like 3 buffs up before Xiao closes in, restrict them if they're that far apart, also from me trying to find things on these amps, Agility is the only one where he can move while using, the others require him to do a dance or meditate for an example, not like it matters since it should be restricted anyways but still.

Back