• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Tournament "Carve your own Legend" Round 4 (Taven vs Lavi)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
nb8FqRH.png

Welcome welcome, to the tournament of heroes and warriors!
Follow along the fates of 16 remarkable
individuals from across space and time,
in this tournament of glory and honor!

In this glorious Round, on the Left: Taven! On the Right: Lavi!

3pIVVPW.png

y0hR3TF.png

Taven's canon use of Time Stop was when he got it, iirc, and it was the first thing he used (the game kinda forces its use). As he has no exact "first move" noted in the profile or in-game, there's no reason to believe it wouldn't be the first thing he'd use.
Taven's fights are all in-game and it is a resource usable only on the adventure mode, when it enters the "battle mode" even inside of it, the player can't use, so there's no counter to the line "Taven would start the fight using Time Stop"

With that all said, afaik both have baseline L6-B AP and Dura, and are equalized on a very high speed, meaning 7 seconds is A LOT.

So 7 seconds of MHS+ attacks of Baseline AP with no response is enough to gg...so despite me putting not a single faith on Taven when I put him on the tournament, I believe he takes this lmao

Taven's opponent has resistance to time stop...

Any hax that Taven has to worry about though? Taven is around the top skillled fighters in MK

Well, somehow I didn't check the other tab of the resistances in Lavi's profile, that's my bad

Well, Taven is a skilled melee fighter, has a sword, groundpounds, stops time and can TP.
Oh yeah, he can use Fire for some stuff

The only thing that would be effective here is if his opponent didn't resist TS, cuz the rest he doesn't use so much

Gg

As said above, Time Stop won't be useful here since Lavi resists it. I do believe this fight will come down to mostly AP, with sprinklings of skill and abilities. Because of this, I think a general idea of Lavi's AP scaling is in order to actually compare and contrast these two characters.

Lavi's AP scaling comes from being relative in strength with a holding back Sword of Exorcism Allen Walker. This Allen Walker is superior compared to his Crown Clown version, who is capable of oneshotting Level 3 Akuma, who are capable of oneshotting Bookman, who is capable of tanking 1.7 teratons.

So from this scale alone, Lavi is scaling above a multitude of oneshot differences at 1.7 teratons. Given the comparability in raw statistical values here, I believe this should give Lavi a pretty hefty AP advantage in this situation, unless Taven has similar scaling that can counteract this.

Lavi's skill is decently good, he's capable of keeping up with Allen Walker and Yu Kanda, who're both gifted combatants. But because that section of his profile is undefined and not-revised, I won't comment much on his skill in this fight. It should at least be enough to keep up with Taven from what I know about these two characters.

Lavi also has some decent abilities like he can summon large bolts of lightning to scorch Taven. He can create large snakes of fire that will continually duplicate if sliced in half. He can reflect physical attacks by producing counter-force with his hammer. He can manipulate the size of his hammer freely, allowing him to catch opponent's off-guard with it.

There are some other things, but most of them aren't important in this situation since Taven isn't a demon, making Innocence related effects useless in this fight.

I believe, with what I laid out above, that Lavi should win this fight given his substantial AP advantage, decently relative skill, and abilities which either aren't resisted by Taven, or ones that can be used to catch Taven off-guard.

Last edited:
I only thought this fight was possible cuz I didn't see Lavi's resistance to TS

The same number of resistances is of things that may surprise him, and he's also not that durable (literally no feats back up his rating lol)
RIP Taven, another round of this tournament that sucked ass

I just know that Taven has beaten several Low 6-B characters including ones that are very top tier and a few who were under a power boost, not to mention that he has a lot of wins that give him some skill feats, including experience with far more unique abilities

Taven's teleportation could be a game changer here seeing how he has used it appropriately

Well, his TP isn't to that much far away unless his dragon servant makes a portal to him
It's instant and usually behind the enemies

Back