• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 2 Concluded (Godzilla vs Gray Fullbuster)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
nb8FqRH.png

Welcome welcome, to the tournament of heroes and warriors!
Follow along the fates of 16 remarkable
individuals from across space and time,
in this tournament of glory and honor!

In this glorious Round, on the Left:Godzilla! On the Right: Gray Fullbuster!

8akHRfP.jpg
6jJvbOZ.png

Anyways Godzilla leads with blasting the heck out of his opponent with vis atomic breath which is hot enough to petrify people from a distance of dozens of kilometers. Just his skin leaves severe burns on the bodies of people and also spreads radiation. His radiation is most potent within his atmoic breath so a direct heat would be dangerous, though obviously not an instant kill.

I know Grey leads with soamming different types of ice magic but what i know is that he'd never resort to sealing in this key as that is something he nearly used once but it basically kills him so it would be a loss for him.

I'm pretty sure Gray is resistant to heat, but I couldn't tell you the specific degree.
Can tank some hot fire from natsu. Like it's hot and all but Godzilla petrified people tens of kilometers away by waking up from vezuvius and releasing his atomic breath. The heat of his tail alone was enough to do something similar. To petrify people you'd need something hotter than fire and he did it from a distance. I think it should be enough to match his resistsnce.

Can tank some hot fire from natsu. Like it's hot and all but Godzilla petrified people tens of kilometers away by waking up from vezuvius and releasing his atomic breath. The heat of his tail alone was enough to do something similar. To petrify people you'd need something hotter than fire and he did it from a distance. I think it should be enough to match his resistsnce.
Gray resists x792 Base Natsu's heat which is above 200 million C.

Last edited:
It's because Natsu's fire can vaporize sand.
Since when did vaporizing sand need 200 million degrees Celsius? That's twice hotter than the core of a nuclear explosion and i see no mention of those numbers in his profile. Best I've seen is lightning temperature which is 20000

Unless I'm missing something, that should be the feat having lightning temperature, yes, i didn't remember its value.

I must have missed it, can you give me more context or provide a link?
I honestly don't remember and I'm interested.

Even if this is legit then why does nothing indicate that Natsu's fire is that hot on his profile?
Also, Gray scales to base Natsu right

Nvm i didn't notice it properly.

Either way Gray only scales to 20k~ not 200 mil
x792 Gray can take was engulfed by a much stronger Natsu's fire and is relatively fine, if his resistance that low, currently he'd be dead from just touching Natsu's fire.

x792 Gray can take was engulfed by a much stronger Natsu's fire and is relatively fine, if his resistance that low, currently he'd be dead from just touching Natsu's fire.
Is there any proof that this Gray specifically scales to 200 mil?

Even though Godzilla's raw AP might be greater, gray's versatility is enough to overcome it. I don't necessarily think Godzilla has any specific counters to omnidirectional ice attacks. Now, couple that with his greater agility and Godzilla can't do anything.

Voting Gray.

To give some inputs, given the size difference, the fact that giant opponents are and have been rather common in Fairy Tail world (although not as big as this Godzilla), and Grays' experience and battle-savviness, he would likely keep the distance and shoot ice projectiles, using his acrobatics and ice techniques to jump, fly and slide around, to avoid Godzilla's attacks and confuse him.
He is also likely to create large weapons to better hit it, and shields and walls to block beams and such.
It's also possible he might try to use Ice Floor to make Goji trip.
Funnily enough, Godzilla's LS is lower than Gray's; I'm not sure this would be a relevant factor, but it means Gray would be able to wrestle if he is pinned down, grabbed or stomped, and even might try to throw Goji down with some ice item.

I'm not voting yet, tho I deemed it useful to provide some early inputs on Gray.

To give some inputs, given the size difference, the fact that giant opponents are and have been rather common in Fairy Tail world (although not as big as this Godzilla), and Grays' experience and battle-savviness, he would likely keep the distance and shoot ice projectiles, using his acrobatics and ice techniques to jump, fly and slide around, to avoid Godzilla's attacks and confuse him.
He is also likely to create large weapons to better hit it, and shields and walls to block beams and such.
It's also possible he might try to use Ice Floor to make Goji trip.
Funnily enough, Godzilla's LS is lower than Gray's; I'm not sure this would be a relevant factor, but it means Gray would be able to wrestle if he is pinned down, grabbed or stomped, and even might try to throw Goji down with some ice item.

I'm not voting yet, tho I deemed it useful to provide some early inputs on Gray.
Yeah, it's kinda funny that Gray can actually defeat Godzilla in a sumo or wrestling match.

lmaooo

Yeah I feel like Gray just has too many options here while godzilla has too few.
Gray is versatile and has ranged ice attacks which should be capable of countering the beam.
As much as it pains me, Gray wins. That's what happens when a character who appeared in 4 comic issues vs a guy with hundreds of chapters of development lol.

Back