• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Tournament: Garou vs Pikachu (Anime)

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Either way, FRA's should be counted even if they don't say for something specific.
FRA's should not be considered if the user is asked to bring up which reasons they support and those got debunked in a sound manner. this is why I like to FRA for "X's reasons" instead of just..."FRA"

>There's still the passive speed amp (from keeping up with Flash to straight blitzing him) + Abandonment (power + speed amp) + Have massive skills advantage.

Big problem here boyo, Garou is at his peak here, he ain't becoming faster and the transformations he gets are an unknown boost rather than "muh, you stomped me now I stomp you", if he could keep growing in speed or even power then he would have deff done it with Saitama who was casually overwhelming him in a barrage of punches. Heck, he even mentions how he has all the speed and power he could get before transforming and losing all the skill + speed.

>Instinctive Reaction + Analytical Prediction

Those 2 are used in literally the same way, he sees how someone moves or the sligh movements on the muscles and procedes to evade before they attack, if he gets hit by behind he isn't dodging it anytime soon.

>The speed is equalized at Relativistic so AoE attacks are very moot at this point. Don't see Groudon and Pikachu hitting Garou even once

I mean, speed amps are allowed but depending on who has the biggest speed it can **** someone here.

If Poke has the biggest speed then Garou doesn't get any speed buff, if Garou has the advantage then he can get the buff.

This is obviously meaningless considering he ain't getting anything at this point

Then, even if someone brings proof of Garou getting another buff past his Peak (this garou) it is meaningless, he ain't becoming faster :v

> I see it as unlikely to assume Garou could adapt to overcome paralysis from specific electrical charges. Every time he goes to attack Pikachu, he's risking getting paralyzed, and if that happens he's basically a damn near sitting duck which is BAD and even then he gets slowed down.

Garou scales from Bang's WSRSF, who deflected the collateral electric discharges from Orochi's beam cannons, so he will be able to deflect the electric that attempts to paralyse him. Also, destroying the ground is something Garou can also do.

> This combined with Groudon's moves that lower speed even further spell bad news for Garou. Once Groudon realizes Garou is fast as he is

Garou can easily use WSRSF to destroy Groudon very quickly, given from each punch Garou delievers, the faster and stronger they become. He destroyed all of the Black Sperm people inside Golden Sperm in just a few seconds with this example and there's over 11 trillion of them! Also, Rock Tomb is just a few generic Rock moves being thrown at the opponent and Mud Shot is well, it's in the name which would be very easily for Garou to dodge.

>Groudon also will raze the open field they are fighting and that will make it start to activate his hot blooded technique, where he passively regains health whil in contact with the ground that is soil, sand or lava/magma.

Like I said, Garou can destroy Groudon as if Groudon isn't even regenerating at all!

I really see where you're getting at, but I feel like Groudon's win conditions are too specific, circumstantial and unlikely whereas Garou's win conditions are not like that.

Thunder Armor. Teleportation. BFR. Debuffing attacks. More stat amps. Pretty sure Groudon and Pikachu have a lot more of those than Garou.

He deflects getting shocked thru physical contact with Pikachu's body? Oh and btw Static can affect ground types so yeah Garou's not likely to resist this considering it can effect creatures that are naturally IMMUNE to electric atttacks on their own level. So Pikachu's static is different from paraylsis caused by his attack like Thunder, Thunderwave and Thunderbolt

If a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a multi-strike move that makes contact, each hit has an independent chance to activate this Ability.

So when Garou goes all punchy punchhy on Pikachu every SINGLE strike will have a 30% chance of affllicting him with paraylsis, leaving wide open to being hit by moves that can slow him down, or just damage the shit out of him.

I'm going to change my vote to Pikachu FRA, Tony explained very well why Garou's adaptability wouldn't be that good on a match where he's already at his peak.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Thunder Armor. Teleportation. BFR. Debuffing attacks. More stat amps. Pretty sure Groudon and Pikachu have a lot more of those than Garou.
Again, Thunder Armour is only used when they get severely hurt and I can really see how Garou would be able to one shot Pikachu, since Garou has the Iron Cutting Fist where he punches any part of your body and you get sliced into pieces and Garou could just barrage Groudon to death. Debuffing attacks can be dodged by Garou, because they aren't that hard to dodge, given how the attacks work. Stat amps are useless if they can't hit Garou with it and teleportation shouldn't be a problem, because Garou has defeated Golden Sperm and Flashy Flash who move so fast that they look like they are teleporting, they can even blitz Tatsumaki, the fourth strongest OPM character (the only one's stronger are Boros, Garou and Saitama)! Garou has never dealt with BFR before, when do Pikachu and Groudon use it? When would they use it?

Inverted Tempest said:
IIRC, under Speed Equal, the slower fighter isn't allowed to even amp themselves in speed because it violates the rules.
That's not true. It's happened before and even recently and has been allowed.

IIRC, under Speed Equal, the slower fighter isn't allowed to even amp themselves in speed because it violates the rules.
That's not true. It's happened before and even recently and has been allowed.

Pretty sure that's not true.

>Again, Thunder Armour is only used when they get severely hurt and I can really see how Garou would be able to one shot Pikachu, since Garou has the Iron Cutting Fist where he punches any part of your body and you get sliced into pieces and Garou could just barrage Groudon to death.

Proof of him doing this with beings stronger than him when he can't grow anymore or grow to a unknown level and lose all the skill he has?

>Debuffing attacks can be dodged by Garou, because they aren't that hard to dodge, given how the attacks work. Stat amps are useless if they can't hit Garou with it

Not only speed is equal but if the pokes buff themselves they can outspeed Garou meaning he will get debuffed

> and teleportation shouldn't be a problem, because Garou has defeated Golden Sperm and Flashy Flash who move so fast that they look like they are teleporting

Moving fast=/= teleporting

>they can even blitz Tatsumaki, the fourth strongest OPM character

This means nothing when he is at his peak and faster than them and barely gets the raiting.

@Someone

What are Pika wincons?

Madotsuki24 said:
The real cal howard said:
Also helps that Pikachu resists the air attacks Garou is throwing out.
It's not air attacks, Garou can easily attack without using air.
Yes...and all of THOSE attacks will risk him getting paralysed by Pikachu's static.

From what's been said on the thread, Garou's speed amp has been said to let him blitz by multiple people. Pretty sure that's not allowed if that is the case. Professor, Giver, and Giffoni have all said it would allow him to do so unless you're saying they're wrong as well.

AquaWaifu said:
Yes...and all of THOSE attacks will risk him getting paralysed by Pikachu's static.
I already debunked that, I don't need to explain again, you can find the exact same question I just explained to why it wouldn't work.

Epiccheev said:
Tony arrived to debate, all that we need is dienomite22 and this will turn into a classic garou thread
Nah m8, I'm not staying long, just found this and got interested

Also, Garou vs Dante isn't over, just let me finish my tests and next week everything goes to hell again >:v

I gotta be rested to keep going with that thread

Also taking electric attacks =/= resisting electric attacks. Garou only did the former, hence the lack of resistance.

>Big problem here boyo, Garou is at his peak here, he ain't becoming faster and the transformations he gets are an unknown boost rather than "muh, you stomped me now I stomp you", if he could keep growing in speed or even power then he would have deff done it with Saitama who was casually overwhelming him in a barrage of punches. Heck, he even mentions how he has all the speed and power he could get before transforming and losing all the skill + speed.

Garou in this key is his awakened form which is after he bodied Golden Sperm so he's still gonna adapt and evolve and I'm gonna post all the scans later (too many pictures plus I'm on mobile right now)) to proved he indeed gained speed

>Those 2 are used in literally the same way, he sees how someone moves or the sligh movements on the muscles and procedes to evade before they attack, if he gets hit by behind he isn't dodging it anytime soon.

Bruh you know those are 2 different things. Garou dodged Chain'n'toaf sickle attack while not aware of the return damage. Dodged Stinger's thrust mid-air while he wasnt aware that he's gonna attack him. Dodged arrow rain while he wasnt aware of the said attack was already in mid air already after he dodged Stinger's thrust. Garou's analytical prediction comes from predicting the trajectory of Golden Ball's attack and also predicted Saitama's attack mid-air.

As for the speed amp argument, I don't see any problem considering they both have amps

Tony di bugalu said:
>Again, Thunder Armour is only used when they get severely hurt and I can really see how Garou would be able to one shot Pikachu, since Garou has the Iron Cutting Fist where he punches any part of your body and you get sliced into pieces and Garou could just barrage Groudon to death.
Proof of him doing this with beings stronger than him when he can't grow anymore or grow to a unknown level and lose all the skill he has?
First panel. Second panel.

If you read the OPM manga, you would know.

Back