• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Tournament: Garou vs Pikachu (Anime)

So after he was summoned Pikachu would go for the thunderbolt and what about Groudon?

Range advantage are almost non-factor in this speed range (Relativistic) because you can travel the whole world in less than a second as what Patricio said which is true. Garou is not a dumb fighter, he's a tactical fighter combined with the skills. Also Garou can predict moves too just so you know which makes the range spams a non-factor combined with his instincts.

The more Garou is push into the edge, the stronger he gets as showcased during his fights with the Class A hero, Several Demon Level Monsters, Dragon Level Monsters, Orochi, S- Class heros and Saitama. He was injured, poisoned and not at full health during his fight with the A-Class up to Orochi and he still won in that fight

I mean, Groudon isn't dumb if his initial attacks don't work he's gonna start buffing up with his stat amps and try nerfing Garou.

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Proof that Garou gained speed after transforming into his awakened form:
DCE710C3-884B-48B3-8939-50F805B86245
Keeping up with flash

90321BAF-F1ED-4F1C-B120-0393D9B4A575
A5302223-13DE-4B11-87CC-F97C8001288F
7FD81CF8-9BF1-4189-9043-97C8DEA59E07
Then managed to outspeed him

BA93EA1F-5BB4-4430-B02F-F3361167D823
Then made Flash speed look like a joke

27BEDDC6-0954-45B2-8C98-FD6A69198B40
At first he didn't noticed Saitama's attack

BD695F31-1DB5-4D6F-8BC4-08BA56D09B3F
And agai

69F41F2B-F451-440E-AB6F-285BFC9DB402
Slowly adapting to Saitama's speed

E666DF71-C3BB-4030-BDEC-5C249A88271D
Getting socked again but doesnt stop him from overcoming it

F2E833A0-664E-45BA-9257-6301D62067E9
Rage comes i

F3DDF2DA-9536-41E5-89AB-07F70ECBCC4D
Now he has resolve

59B5A637-030A-4627-B0F4-AFAC7B4B545D
Catched Saitama offguard

6BB51D22-31B3-4755-BAB0-FA88CDCCFB70
Slipped out from Saitama's grasp

8FBA9632-819E-42E5-B109-2CDEC8456DD2
Gained more speed

D5532136-3C5A-41C6-A354-97DE3B24E53D
Check where Saitama is facing
Quoting this too just incase someone wants to see the eventual speed amp

Do people really think that Awakened Garou isn't faster than regular Garou?

Tony di bugalu said:
Also, is there any proof of Garou being capable of adapting to paralisis?
He did adapt to paralysis through poison (1) (wich should be similar to stun spore),through tk,was unfazed by eletric cables (which should mess with a human's nervous system regardless of durability) and Orochi's fire(for extra elemental manip adaptation proof)

(Also, if static can paralyse pkmn who are immune to electricity, through electricity, would that count as resistance Negation?)

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
If things get really dicey then Groudon is gonna start busting continents and making landmasses.
I guess someone already did something very similar to Garou and it didn't really make much of a difference...

Gonna be a sorta long post but I vote Garou. His passive amps would close the minor AP gap between himself and Pikachu and Groudon extrememly quickly. He's taken on people much much stronger than him with an AP difference much larger than these 2 and adapted to them. Garou was able to us WSRSF when imperfected as still Hero Hunter Garou to reflect, counter and damage a person with enough AP to one shot him in the form of Metal Bat. When it comes to speed he's been shown to drastically improve mid battle against Orochi, Darkshine, Flash, and Saitama. Even when severely weakened and near death he improved after the A and B class gauntlet against Genos, Bang and Bomb. He literally came back from being beaten and slashed to death by Bug God and Royal Ripper, then proceeded to one shot Royal Ripper. His adaption isn't being wanked in the least, especially since that's one of his main attributes that allowed him to go from weaker than most S class heroes to being Boros level in a few days? A week? Of course it won't be that drastic of an increase here but still. And Awakened Garou can still adapt as shown above. He still has his passive amps like against Flash and Saitama, and also has his Abandonment which we see the increase it gave to Bang and can scale from there.

His adaption doesn't just extend to physical amps, but resistances as well. If Garou isn't one shotted or out haxed by his opponent, the same attack or type of attack will become less effective or ineffective against him. Ground attacks aren't much special to deal with, fire has been dealt with before, electricity has been dealt with by a much weaker/inferior fighter than him with a massively inferior version of the exact same fighting style, and beams have been dealt with. Sleep inducement and paralysis inducement can be a problem, but unless they one shot him, Garou can and will become resistant to it. Metal Bat with a similar but not as verstile ability was able to resist sleep inducement/mind manipulation. Garou himself has experienced electrical shocks before, but if he does get paralyzed they have to one shot him as severe damage isn't even enough due to his feats against the A and B class heroes and Darkshine, + his regen like shown against Orochi which increased greatly as shown against Saitama. They'd also have to deal with type 2 immortality, so simply beating him to death won't work.

Analytical Prediction + Instinctive Reaction is actually a broken combo in the way that Garou uses it. And with speed equalized, even without the passive speed amps. it means Pikachu and Groudon can't hit him unless they use massive speed amps or AOE. Instinctive Reaction is well, instinctive reaction, dodging by instincts without exactly having to think, percieve or react in traditional ways. And the Analytical Prediction allowed him to keep up with, dodge, and tag Saitama who was so fast that Garou straight up stated that his reactions and refexes can't keep up with him. So speed equalized makes it so that they would have a hard time even hitting him. And while Pikachu can use AOE without worrying about Groudon, if Groudon uses AOE then Pikachu is screwed.

Garou was either able to straight up tank or regen from Saitama's attacks which are unquantifiably stronger than Garou, and it wouldn't be crazy to assume that the power output Saitama used against Garou is larger than the gap between his opponents here but I wont get into that because it's speculation. Going into speculation again, I'd make the argument that Garou scales above Boros and his CSRC because that attack got negged by a Serious Punch and Boros' durability, regen and all, got negged by just the residual air pressure of Saitama's punch after most of the force was dissapated by the CSRC. Meanwhile, Garou took a direct hit from a Serious Headbutt, lost an arm and regened. He didn't die or get completely negged like Boros and his attack did.

What are Pikachu and Groudon's win conditions against Garou or how can they put him down? Even if you make the argument that he can't increase his AP and durability through adapting, he still can gain resistances and has type 2 immortality, and with their minor AP gap, analytical + instinctive, attack reflection that can reflect and counter attacks that can one shot him with a weaker version of his main martial art, non physical interaction for electrical attacks, heat resistance from the get go, abandonment amps......yea that's gonna be a problem. Their ranged attacks will be dealt with easily from the analytical + instinctive combo, their close ranged attacks, specifically Pikachu's, would be suicide of Garou can WSRSF it, and considerng his mentioned combo can keep up with a person that's fast enough to blitz his reactions and reflexes, he can and will be able to attack reflect and counter, or dodge if unable to. Groudon will be a bit tougher to deal with but his attacks would do the same damage to him as they do to Pikachu. Attack reflection might be more troublesome, but again the mentioned combo he has is broken. And Groudon would be less nimble and likely Pikachu at his fastest (agility, quick attack, volt tacke etc). If they go for AOE, Pikachu is safe to and but most likely won't one shot Garou which will trigger adaption or regen if its bad enough + type 2. Groudon using AOE would be the same as the above case, but would damage Pikachu because = AP and speed, type advantage on certain moves, and no regen or type 2 for Pikachu. How fast is Hot Blooded's healing? And if need be Garou can quite literally sink continents too. I see more likely ways for Garou to win than Pikachu and Groudon

KGiffoni said:
What are Pikachu's advantages again? Here, i'll make a list of Garou's advantages, somebody do a list for Pikachu's advantages.

Ô¼ø Having Reactive Evolution that makes him go from being one-shotted to one-shotting in seconds;

Ô¼ø Having precognition via Analytical Prediction;

Ô¼ø Having Instinctive Reaction;

Ô¼ø Being skilled to the point he mastered all the martial arts of the OPMverse and to the point he has created his own martial art that he defines as having "no weaknesses";

Ô¼ø Attack Reflection via WSRSF that has been shown to work on electric moves;

Ô¼ø Stats Amplification via Abandonment that makes him go from decently hurting someone to completly one-shotting them donut style;

Ô¼ø Having experience with Orochi who is very similar to Groundon. That means, having experience with big-sized opponents, electricity manipulation, energy projection, fire manipulation and breath attacks;

Ô¼ø His adaptation that renders paralyzing moves useless;

Ô¼ø His experience with people who like to fork up the ground (Saitama).
I'd like for someone to do this same list for Pikachu and Groundon.

@KingEzran

Ffs, Ionliosite switched to Pikachu, remove his vote from Garou's side

And AnonymousBlank voted for Pikachu, not Garou

And you forgot Niccokirby's vote for Pikachu

Madotsuki24 said:
Sorry, I hate that I'm a very emotional person who feels emotions stronger than everyone else... I've seen everyone on this thread, people giving an immeasurable amount of evidential feats, explanations and overall exceptionally solid points towards why Garou would win. I see people who claim that Pikachu wins, the people who say why Pikachu wins and how all of Garou's powers, abilities and techniques do not matter, even though they really do matter, as shown with amazing people who have taken so much of their time supporting that. Then they say the exact same thing which has already been proven why it's already been countered and then they deny that Garou would ever do that. The fact that they don't get it and they can't grasp the true form of what they are saying, it just amplifies my points and everyone else's points towards why Garou wins. Do you see where I am getting at here?
if it serves as consolation this fight will likely get redone in a year or so, after AG gets his manga buff. Some of his martial arts have already been expanded upon(WICF is almost entirely different), not to mention the new resistances and skill feats he got, and we haven't even reached the climax of the arc.

Just to emphasize how significative the buffs are this is the Boros fight in the webcomic, not only is his regen subpar, but the moon kick/moon jump and the atmosphere split are missing.

Yay! >W<

It's just that Yusuke Murata has decided to add more parts to the Monster Raid Arc, so it might take two years, not one year...

>Proof that Garou gained speed after transforming into his awakened form

The thing is, most of those are when Garou is still growin, he did grow to match and outspeed Flashy but then reached his peak, nothing more.

Heck, he even mentions in his fight against Saitama that he is about to use the full capabilities of that body.

When figting Saitama he wasn't gettin faster nor stronger, he even mentions how he is getting overwhelmed in that flurry of attacks between them you posted.

Also, you omited the scans when He tried to punch Saitama and he just grabed his hand, then Garou started to try and break his arm or in the last scan where he tried to punch a not looking saitama just to get the Sonic treatment.

Moments later he even says "more, more... more what?" and we see how power, speed, skill, etc. are scratched, meaning he has everything he could got at that point.

Also, if getting Saitama "out of guard" is a feat then half of the characters in the series should scale by some form of another.

Bang outspeed him in a game, Sea King went behind him and hitted him before he noticed it, Sonic moving to places where Saitama is not looking, Boros "blitzing" Saitama is another one.

>Do people really think that Awakened Garou isn't faster than regular Garou?

Is almost like people is not reading what I've been saying.

I saying that this is his peak, him using his full power is one thing but saying he can grow past it is another one especially when in his fight against Saitama the only thing he could do was trade skill+speed to gain power.

>Well, if you already know then why are you asking me for proof? That was a waste of time. Also, Garou was not 7-A because Overgrown Rover was 7-A and a full powered attack from Garou did no harm to Rover, so no, Garou is not 7-A and was still the same tier with Royal Ripper, even Royal Ripper managing to defeat him in his first fight with him.

I asked for proof of Garou being at his peak (AWAKANED) using said attack to deal with something stronger than him, like dunno, Saitama for example. I know about the obvoius AP gap and how he integrated that into his own style but even then it was useless.

Him not being able to deal with Rover is proof that he can't use that to kill or deal something stronger than him, same case with Orochi.

Also, yes, his profile says he was 7-A at the moment he stomped RR and to top it off moments later he was capable of playing with Rover.

>I'd like for someone to do this same list for Pikachu and Groundon.

First point is moot because this is his peak, growin more only means losing speed, skill and at some point the ability to rationally think.

His precog is because of slight twiches, muscles, respiration, etc. If he gets attacked from behind it is useless

Have nothing on his instinctive reaction, he saw the chain and it was obvious that if the toad pulled it the schyte would damage him.

Skill doesn't save you from bigger AP, case on point Saitama

Attack reflection doesn't stop paralisis on touch

>Stats Amplification via Abandonment...

when was this done?

>Having experience with Orochi...

Having experience with something doesn't mean that he can overcome said something, specially when Orochi stomped him...

>His adaptation that renders paralyzing moves useless

proof?

>His experience with people...

Oh yeah, he got overwhelmed by it and his senses confused, good to know.

I'm responding a lot of posts here, if people want to ignore me again then go ahead and just respond to what you can debate.

I'm leaving, the lag is too much.

Tony di bugalu said:
>Proof that Garou gained speed after transforming into his awakened form

The thing is, most of those are when Garou is still growin, he did grow to match and outspeed Flashy but then reached his peak, nothing more.

Heck, he even mentions in his fight against Saitama that he is about to use the full capabilities of that body.

When figting Saitama he wasn't gettin faster nor stronger, he even mentions how he is getting overwhelmed in that flurry of attacks between them you posted.

Also, you omited the scans when He tried to punch Saitama and he just grabed his hand, then Garou started to try and break his arm or in the last scan where he tried to punch a not looking saitama just to get the Sonic treatment.

Moments later he even says "more, more... more what?" and we see how power, speed, skill, etc. are scratched, meaning he has everything he could got at that point.

Also, if getting Saitama "out of guard" is a feat then half of the characters in the series should scale by some form of another.

Bang outspeed him in a game, Sea King went behind him and hitted him before he noticed it, Sonic moving to places where Saitama is not looking, Boros "blitzing" Saitama is another one.

>Do people really think that Awakened Garou isn't faster than regular Garou?

Is almost like people is not reading what I've been saying.

I saying that this is his peak, him using his full power is one thing but saying he can grow past it is another one especially when in his fight against Saitama the only thing he could do was trade skill+speed to gain power.

>Well, if you already know then why are you asking me for proof? That was a waste of time. Also, Garou was not 7-A because Overgrown Rover was 7-A and a full powered attack from Garou did no harm to Rover, so no, Garou is not 7-A and was still the same tier with Royal Ripper, even Royal Ripper managing to defeat him in his first fight with him.

I asked for proof of Garou being at his peak (AWAKANED) using said attack to deal with something stronger than him, like dunno, Saitama for example. I know about the obvoius AP gap and how he integrated that into his own style but even then it was useless.

Him not being able to deal with Rover is proof that he can't use that to kill or deal something stronger than him, same case with Orochi.

Also, yes, his profile says he was 7-A at the moment he stomped RR and to top it off moments later he was capable of playing with Rover.

>I'd like for someone to do this same list for Pikachu and Groundon.

First point is moot because this is his peak, growin more only means losing speed, skill and at some point the ability to rationally think.

His precog is because of slight twiches, muscles, respiration, etc. If he gets attacked from behind it is useless

Have nothing on his instinctive reaction, he saw the chain and it was obvious that if the toad pulled it the schyte would damage him.

Skill doesn't save you from bigger AP, case on point Saitama

Attack reflection doesn't stop paralisis on touch

>Stats Amplification via Abandonment...

when was this done?

>Having experience with Orochi...

Having experience with something doesn't mean that he can overcome said something, specially when Orochi stomped him...

>His adaptation that renders paralyzing moves useless

proof?

>His experience with people...

Oh yeah, he got overwhelmed by it and his senses confused, good to know.

I'm responding a lot of posts here, if people want to ignore me again then go ahead and just respond to what you can debate.

I'm leaving, the lag is too much.

He inherits it from Bang since he mastered all the martial arts of the OPMverse and it's speculated that he used it against Saitama.

Orochi was more than a whole tier above Garou and Garou still managed to survive. That's why he didn't win.

Garou got pierced with arrows that paralyze the target entirely in 2 minutes, yet he didn't get affected.

Experience with people? What? Be more specific.

Garou didn't ditch getting more strength, speed and technique because he couldn't, more like because he knew none of these would work on Saitama because Saitama is simply way above Garou, to the point not even his RE could make a difference.

KGiffoni said:
He inherits it from Bang since he mastered all the martial arts of the OPMverse and it's speculated that he used it against Saitama.
Orochi was more than a whole tier above Garou and Garou still managed to survive. That's why he didn't win.

Garou got pierced with arrows that paralyze the target entirely in 2 minutes, yet he didn't get affected.

Experience with people? What? Be more specific.

Garou didn't ditch getting more strength, speed and technique because he couldn't, more like because he knew none of these would work on Saitama because Saitama is simply way above Garou, to the point not even his RE could make a difference.

As a massive OPM fan who is nigh-omniscient with OPM, I can tell you that everything you said is correct!!!! >W<

People saying that garou can outspeed and dodge when groudon can create a multi-contintent class explosion and wipe out garou. the match needs to drag out for a bit for garou to get faster, meanwhile if groudon n pikachu notice that they are in trouble they can spam attacks and blow stuff up. Garou has no way of dodging omnidirectional explosions and earthquakes as he lacks flight and teleportation.

yall showing his feats against waaaaay lower tiered characters for Garou. Groudon has way more experience for characters like Bang due to the difference being near a century vs. harshly over 65 mil years worth of fighting a water god who is just as powerful and has a type advantage.

Garou has very specific wincons, but the Poke-gang have just waaaay more options.

-Pikachu: paralysis, nigh-omnidirectional electric attacks, thunder armor which buffs ap for the entire team to a grand extent, experience fighting stronger legendaries, ap advantage due to groudon

-Groudon: omnidirectional earthquakes that do higher damage than Garou's ap. Beams and fire attacks which can easily heat up the ground and/or blow up the freaking continent. 65mil years of experience against a superior opponent which he tied with. Ap advantage. BFR. Teleportation. Psych up.

-Garou: in a very specific situation can possibly hit pikachu in the right way after buffing up and getting faster (while the latter two decided to eat popcorn and watch that instead of buffing up themselves or attacking), knocking out the blue orb and somehow handling groudon. He also would think out this strategy at a practically berserk state with lowered speed.

>NO YOU IDIOT THEY DONT LEAD WITH BUFF UPS AND THUNDER ARMOR!!!11!

they don't, neither does garou gain enough speed instantly to beat a god and an experienced pokemon scaling to it. Who said that they can'tbuff themselves up after using their leading moves?

I vote PIKACHU FRA

KGif, people have to vote inconclusive for the match to be inconclusive. And now there is no grace thanks to Everything12.

KingEzran said:
KGif, people have to vote inconclusive for the match to be inconclusive. And now there is no grace thanks to Everything12.
Actually if there are even votes and the votes keep coming from both sides it could be added as incon.

You act like Garou can never attack Pikachu because apparently, he has infintie turns to attack. Given that you've been punished multiple times on this website and have actually been banned before, I honestly don't trust you, sorry.

Given that you said "omnidirectional" which if that is not a wank, then Idk what is. If you are going to wank Pikachu then I can easily want Garou as a mock post to teach you a lesson.

Madotsuki24 said:
You act like Garou can never attack Pikachu because apparently, he has infintie turns to attack. Given that you've been punished multiple times on this website and have actually been banned before, I honestly don't trust you, sorry.
wait wait wait are you seriously trying to make this personal now even though we are talking about a fight?

well then let me explain your non-trussting self what happened

1. I edited shaggy to have tier 0 for a joke, got warned. capiche.

2. I fairly edited team rocket to high 7-A from high 6-C due to the pokemon downgrade that happened. Mods were busy, though i messed up again, banned me. Next they realised that they messed up and brought me back. I did not wintess the ban due to this happening overnight.

So, where are the "multiple punishments" that this fandom gave me?

But anyways, garou can hit pikachu. Im saying he cannot one-shot and there are more chances for groudon to protect pikachu or for pikachu to evade it. Garou has potential to win, but the pikachu and groudon duo have more ways to win so...

Madotsuki24 said:
oh yeah right, i got into a preference fight this one time as well. Well that was childish of me, i agree. Not that im repeating my previous actions am i?

The actual voting count

Garou: 13 (KGiffoni, Phoenks, Madotsuki24, GlaceonGamez471, Ciruno Fortes, The Calaca, SuperAPM, JMA1113, MrDrProfessorPatricio, GyroNutz, JoSmooth, Milly Rocking Bandit, MaverickIsTheHype)

Pikachu: 12 (XSOULOFCINDERX, The real cal howard, Inverted Tempest, Migue79, Zamasu Chan, DeathNoodles, Schnee One, Ionliosite, AnonymousBlank, Niccokirby, Everything12, Arceus0x)

Can Awakened Garou amp himself beyond Groudon and Pkachu? Or is this key instead hi peak and he can't go any further?

He still can evolve, as evidenced in his fight with Saitama. However, his evolution became faltered and actually made him weaker due to the plot and unreachable strength between him and Saitama.

Don't think this applies here anyways, so.

Well, it doesn't seem that you have changed and your name literally has Arceus in it, which could imply the undeniable evidence towards it, but I could be wrong, maybe you like Pokémon and OPM equally, maybe you like OPM, there's just a lot of implications that you prefer Pokémon and want Pikachu to win. You also act like Pikachu and Groudon's attacks are Ultra Instinct and that they cannot be dodged no matter what and you are really lowballing Garou by saying this:

> the match needs to drag out for a bit for garou to get faster

No he REALLY doesn't, he can get faster and faster so quickly just by barrage attacking and Saitama is on a very high end of High 6-A and it took so many punches, so many consecutive attacks and even a serious attack and more punches just to get Garou completely weakened. He has dodged attacks FASTER THAN LIGHTNING and even copied them and used the exact same attack and learned it in such a short amount of time. Garou is way more durable than even Boros, the guy who had another epic battle with Saitama. Not to mention that Garou could regenerate from Saitama and even one time overwhelm him, which is such an impressive feat giving how ridiculous of a character Saitama is.

Back