• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Tournament: Garou vs Pikachu (Anime)

That's just the early form of Garou before he fights Orochi. Paralysis is not even worth nothing If Garou can resist getting TK crushed by Gyoro-Gyoro via willpower. Pikachu's paralysis is the cause of electricity and Garou didnt care about getting shocked and proceed to beat down the duo

To be fair, Psychic attacks might just be weak to high willpower. Doesn't mean he can suddenly in the Blink of an eye become immune to Paralysis.

Doesn't mean he'll Instantly deflect it the second he touches Pikachu. And Groudon is still throwing out Massive AOE attacks at him while Pikachu tries to snipe him.

Static doesn't always activate, as it hasn't activated all the time in his fights. Also, Garou could just smash his fist into the ground and the continent just gets destroyed and well, Pikachu is weak against Ground.

AquaWaifu said:
Groudon regualrly takes on fcking Kyogre who has type advantage on him and IS EQUAL in AP. So tell me how Garou's lesser AP strikes are better than big ******* blasts of super effective water?
Groudon has Drought! xD Also, you're using a rock/paper/scissors conclusion, which I already said why it's a flawed argument. Flash can beat Superman and Superman can beat Doctor Manhattan, but Flash lost against Doctor Manhattan, every battle is different.

Groudon will block it. He actively goes out of his way to block Pikachu from getting hit. Also just remembered that because Groudon is awake Sunny Day automatically activates so all of his Fire Attacks get amped. Plus the Thunder Armor, plus teleportation, plus BFR, plus Sniper and Danmakku Support from Pikachu and Garou has his hands full.

Except Groudon is still equal in power and skill to his literal weakness and Kyogre has Drizzle which amps his attacks while Groudon's Drought weakens them back to normal so that's invalid.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Groudon will block it. He actively goes out of his way to block Pikachu from getting hit. Also just remembered that because Groudon is awake Sunny Day automatically activates so all of his Fire Attacks get amped. Plus the Thunder Armor, plus teleportation, plus BFR, plus Sniper and Danmakku Support from Pikachu and Garou has his hands full.
They don't do that first thing in the battle though, for the 1000th time. Garou can defeat both of them before they can even do that.

God Slayer Instant Attack: Garou sends a volley of punches at extremely high speeds. Able to take down all of Tatsumaki's projectiles with this.

^^ Groudon wouldn't be able to block this, due to it being so fast and so versatile and gets stronger each punch, it would destroy his body.

If Pikachu and Groudon were to attack, Adaptability: While his "limiter" was breaking, Garou seems to have developed a form of Adaptability. This allows him to become stronger and faster over time as well as make him seemingly immune to any attack that fails to kill him, such as developing stronger resistance to psychic attacks on top of his already immense will. This also allows him to transform into various forms making him a real Monster. He likens this to the Fighting Spirit (µ░ùÕÉêÒüä, Kiai) ability Metal Bat has.

Garou has won by Adaptability alone multiple times and this will be no exception.

Also, to point out, Garou has dodged even the fastest and persistent attacks, Groudon just uses a generic Ground attack followed by beams of power, which Garou has faced before and dodged, heck, dodging is even his thing and he's most recognisable in his fights with it.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
If it's that big a deal then Bloodlust them and Pikachu and Groudon insta rape him with their amps and Versatility.
Bloodlust Pikachu and Groudon, I don't even want to think about that...

There's still the passive speed amp (from keeping up with Flash to straight blitzing him) + Abandonment (power + speed amp) + Have massive skills advantage + Instinctive Reaction + Analytical Prediction. The speed is equalized at Relativistic so AoE attacks are very moot at this point. Don't see Groudon and Pikachu hitting Garou even once

Not to mention, he gets physically stronger and can completely defend against attacks that has been able to almost kill him initially.

Damn,Pokemon fights are a real pain to define as they have acess to their whole move pool/abilities and said things still have their own RNG.

So Groudon has a minor ap advantage (1.333...x Garou's AP), some of his moves (mud shot, scary face, earth power) can inflict stat reduction by levels(wich i'm not sure the exact % they represent) altough earthquake is likely the best one to spam since it deals AOE and has high accuracy. he can also buff himself with bulk-up (att and def)

Pikachu would be the deciding factor here, as he seemingly has stuff like sleep manip stat induction, statistic reduction moves and buff, but since he's berserk i see him focusing on DPS with offensive moves and occasionaly buffing himself rather than support wich is a bad thing for this fight. His static ability however can screw Garou if it happens at a bad time, not to mention

Garou has extraordinary technical skill who allows him to dodge Saitama through analytic prediction(Garou even stating he wouldn't be able to dodge the latter with just his movement speed + reflexes alone) WSRF who can deflect most non AOE/ non swift moves, (although stat reductions like scary face still remain), and fissure(BFR) has pretty low accuracy. got turned into charcoal by Orochi in a weaker form wich makes me believe burn status likely won't work and has mid-low regen, which allows him to insta-regen from stuff like getting his arms vaporized by serious moves and getting a big hole in his face a+ Imortality type-2 in case something important gets broken.

Very close to an incloncusive for me, Garou can dodge and repel most direct attacks like electricity and beams, and since the AP difference isn't very big, he can tank earthquakes from a non-amped Groudon and pikachu just fine with his regen+immortality,plus his adaptation lets him grow things like wings, another problem for groudon. I will also state it's in character for Garou to try attacking eyes with his claws. Thing is, if Groudon decides to spam self-amp, the battle will start to become harder and harder for Garou, if he hasn't adapted to paralysis yet, there's a fairly high chance he gets prlzed hitting pikachu and then gets hit by a monstrous blow from groudon.

Tldrl: i see Groudon and pikachu taking this if they spam stat amp early on and getting Garou paralyzed at a bad time, i see Garou taking this if they don't do that soon and the battle drags too long.

I mean, if he gets the chance to attack and manages to hit Garou, Garou will get hurt, but still keep on fighting but if he gets hit by the same attack, he will defend against it better due to Adaptability, but it honestly a very specific situation and circumstantial, given that Garou could practically cripple Pikachu and Groudon with his pressure point attacks and very easily and quickly kill them both. Also, Garou gets an AP, durability and speed amp if it gets hit as well, so it's just getting rid of a Queen only for your Queen to get removed right afterwards in a Chess game.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Wait how come all of Pikachu's other votes weren't counted?
I think it's due to a few people voting Pikachu FRA without any points, explanation and examples towards why and Garou voters voted for Garou WITH them and had the better arguments in general to why Garou would win.

Would pressure points thing even work on Groudon? doesnt that require knowledge of anatomy of your opponent? He mostly fought humanoid opponents, and even Orochi was humanoid...at least more so than big sunny dinosaur.

Also since this take place in open field...ummm you guys forgot one tiny little aspect of Groudon concerning that. Hot Blooded: One of a series of Abilities that appeared in Pokémon Conquest. It allows Groudon to passively restore health while standing on lava/magma, soil, or sand.

Madotsuki24 said:
I think it's due to a few people voting Pikachu FRA without any points, explanation and examples towards why and Garou voters voted for Garou WITH them and had the better arguments in general to why Garou would win.
There are literally people who voted the same way for Garou in this thread, where they FRAed without giving any more points, explanations or examples. FRA votes are valid, so they do count as a vote, so a vote is a vote regardless.

AquaWaifu said:
Would pressure points thing even work on Groudon? doesnt that require knowledge of anatomy of your opponent? He mostly fought humanoid opponents, and even Orochi was humanoid...at least more so than big sunny dinosaur.
Yes, as he has fought Golden Sperm (yes, that's his actually name) which is well, NSFW word thingy... Golden Sperm has over 11 trillion different Black Sperm people in his body and Garou managed to destroy all of them in just a few seconds. Groudon is also not immune to critical hits and Garou's pressure point attacks act like critical hits, so it would be able to work on Groudon.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Would Groudon really even have pressure points? Isn't he made of mostly rock and shit?
Nah he's not a golem (not the pokemon) I mean like the actual defintion of a golem

He has pressure points assumedly, but its probably pretty damn different from ayone garou fought and used attacks to specifically hit their pressure points. I uhhh dont think Garou fought a dinosaur esqe thing at any point in OPM and Orochi is well the closest eehhh. Garou never did presure point stuff on him anyway.

DeathNoodles said:
Madotsuki24 said:
There are literally people who voted the same way for Garou in this thread, where they FRAed without giving any more points, explanations or examples. FRA votes are valid, so they do count as a vote, so a vote is a vote regardless.
Well, not if the reasons for Pikachu and Ground winning have been debunked and people are voting Pikachu FRA even though the RA are basically counterargumented.

Too bad he wasn't in monster form when he fought Orochi because we could have had that question answered if he did. Orochi even managed to catch Saitama's punch (even though Saitama was obviously holding back severely), the first character in all OPM to do that!

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
They really haven't though. You're kinda ignoring some of these things.
I'm not ignoring them, it used to be like that, but now people are starting to explain why both parties win, which is good because both parties are actually competing against each other equally! >W<

I see it as unlikely to assume Garou could adapt to overcome paralysis from specific electrical charges. Every time he goes to attack Pikachu, he's risking getting paralyzed, and if that happens he's basically a damn near sitting duck which is BAD and even then he gets slowed down.

This combined with Groudon's moves that lower speed even further spell bad news for Garou. Once Groudon realizes Garou is fast as he is he'd start to use speed lowering moves like Mud Shot and Rock Tomb.

Groudon also will raze the open field they are fighting and that will make it start to activate his hot blooded technique, where he passively regains health whil in contact with the ground that is soil, sand or lava/magma.

I mean, I think the number is still right, because there's four people who have voted Pikachu now. One of them retracted their vote, so that's why it isn't five.

Back