• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Boros vs Pikachu *Intense Laughing* Here we go again.

This isn't a stomp but I feel like alot of the Pikachu side are not taking the arguments on the Boros side into consideration and voting out of Bias. However I will still count their votes since they do have "reasons".

KGiffoni said:
How are they bypassing High-Mid regen that is instant?
They should have a few win cons with their weird hax and paralysis stuff.

I mean if the immobility last long enough couldnt they possibly turn him to a puddle of blood?

And with their other hax amp themselves while degrading him to the point where CSRC is the only thing he can do?

Phoenks said:
I mean if the immobility last long enough couldnt they possibly turn him to a puddle of blood?
And with their other hax amp themselves while degrading him to the point where CSRC is the only thing he can do?
I wan to remind everyone Groudon has access to Protect and CSRC has relatively long enough charge time (for relativistic+ characters) for Groudon to realize what Boros is doing and use it.

Phoenks said:
Let's picture it like this. There's someone on the ground who is roughly as strong as yourself.

For you to turn him into a puddle of blood, you'd need several hours. And in order to bypass Boros regen you'd have to do so in seconds.

Dosent boros regen require him to focus all is energy on regen?

Not necessarily, he does it very subconsciously against his fight with Saitama. I think it's more willpower based.

Uhh I don't think that applies here. If Groudon amps up and uses Hyper Beam its gonna puddlify Boros. Whats this several hours "nonsense" you're trying to pull?

What nonsense? It's common logic. Have you tried to turn someone into a pool of blood with punches and similar stuff? It's not very fast. And this guy can regen from being torn into small bits, instantly.

It's also worth mentioning that it's on-character for Boros to blow up the Earth, in this scenario he'd win as well.

Yes. Pikachu and can't breathe in space no matter how much head-canon crap people produce. Boros takes this mid-diff.

Also, saying "We're dealing with Pokemon here" just shows favoritism.

AquaWaifu do you want to vote or are you still discussing?

Boros pulls a Frieza, which is in character for him.

Also, can Pikachu fight just as effectively as he would with a Trainer?

No Boros is not going to pull out CSRC immediately, he used it after he was quickly and repeatedly frustrated by Saitama AFTER he had already fought for a time in Meteoric Burst.

ALSO Groudon HAS protect!

HM/TM moves are taught by Trainers. In this match, Pikachu doesn't have one, nor can he learn HM/TMs naturally without the help of a trainer.

Plus, even if Pikachu had Protect, using it in rapid succession would make it likely to fail the more times that it is used, according to Protect's attack description entry.

When has Protect protected people from attacks 5x stronger than them? What fallacy is this, really?

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Arceus vs Dialga and Palkia. I'm pretty sure their shields they used to block Arceus' attacks was protect.
"I'm pretty sure" isn't really proof....

Quibster said:
HM/TM moves are taught by Trainers. In this match, Pikachu doesn't have one, nor can he learn HM/TMs naturally without the help of a trainer.
Plus, even if Pikachu had Protect, using it in rapid succession would make it likely to fail the more times that it is used, according to Protect's attack description entry.
In Pokemon matches al Pokemon are assumed to have access to their entire movepool, TM/HM tutoring, egg moves, unless specificed.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Arceus vs Dialga and Palkia. I'm pretty sure their shields they used to block Arceus' attacks was protect.
Palkia and Diagla blocked their attacks not Pikachu or Groudon lmao

btw wasnt that a weakened Arceus? And Dialga's shield was eventually overpowered

Yeah, he was weakened but he was still ROFL stomping them the whole fight and yeah he eventually overpowered their shields but the fact that it lasted any amount of time suggests Protect's durability is still impressive all the same.

Protect only stops being effective if used consecutively, if Groudon uses another move after it, (likely to do) its just as effective.

Groudon would very likely be able to successsfully use Prjotect against CSRC

What really indicates that random barrier that Arceus, who has 1001 abilities that allow him to create barriers, is Protect specifically? And what indicates that Groundon can do Protect with that efficiency? I'm sorry but that's a giant fallacy.

Back