• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Tournament: Garou vs Pikachu (Anime)

How long does the volcanoes take to show up? And they also have to erupt and actually land in time for the attack to even be executed, that's got to take a long time. I'm pretty sure that Garou can slice Pikachu into mince meat with his Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist and overwhelm and kill Groudon very quickly with God Slayer Instant Attack which would be way faster than all of that.

Can Garou actually dodge Groudon shattering entire continents apart? I know they are all equalised at relativistic speeds, so Garou could reasonably just dash away, but what if Groudon just busts apart massive fractions of the planet at the same speeds? Pikachu also has the same level of AP as Groudon, so couldn't Pikachu's Thunderbolt explode on a continental scale?

He can just make the Lava, I meant the Volcanoes can show up if he wants them to. The Lava he can literally just like spit or fart out.

Also @Ezran: Just because I'm debating on this thread doesn't mean I don't have a life. So would you kindly, not be a dick? Thank you.

What is up with you and acting as if Garou can basically oneshot these two Pokemon who have superior AP and durability? not to mention they potentially can speed amp (Pikachu) and speed reduce Garou (Pikachu and Groudon) even if they CANT do that assuming he could dodge EVERYTHING, he's not going to take them BOTH down in 3 or 4 attacks,

CryoTheMayo said:
Can Garou actually dodge Groudon shattering entire continents apart? I know they are all equalised at relativistic speeds, so Garou could reasonably just dash away, but what if Groudon just busts apart massive fractions of the planet at the same speeds? Pikachu also has the same level of AP as Groudon, so couldn't Pikachu's Thunderbolt explode on a continental scale?
Again, they are almost never gonna hit Garou due to Instinctive Reaction and Analytical Prediction. There's still the crazy RE and Abandonment.

AquaWaifu said:
What is up with you and acting as if Garou can basically oneshot these two Pokemon who have superior AP and durability? not to mention they potentially can speed amp (Pikachu) and speed reduce Garou (Pikachu and Groudon) even if they CANT do that assuming he could dodge EVERYTHING, he's not going to take them BOTH down in 3 or 4 attacks,
Why are you asking so many questions? I've already explained that and I have given evidence. You should know the answer.

Garou never ONCE dealt with AoE on the level of Groudon and Pikachu.

Like this is bare minimum, thousands of KILOMETERS...not kilometers, not tens or hundreds THOUSANDS...we're talking a range that covers on the low end the ENTIRETY OF JAPAN!

AquaWaifu said:
Garou never ONCE dealt with AoE on the level of Groudon and Pikachu.
Like this is bare minimum, thousands of KILOMETERS...not kilometers, not tens or hundreds THOUSANDS...we're talking a range that covers on the low end the ENTIRETY OF JAPAN!
Are you just going to ignore what I said? Instinctive Reaction and Analytical Prediction. There's still the crazy RE and Abandonment. Since the AoE and the range is always being brought up even if it's already proven that Garou would avoid all of that and attack back and kill both Pikachu and Groudon, it's fair to say that the people who have voted Garou are the one's who have won unless there is a new good point towards Pikachu winning. There is countless evidence and explanation towards Garou winning which people can't counterargument and all of Pikachu's methods of attempting to kill Garou get counterargumented themselves. Sorry, but I don't see how you can vote Pikachu if this is the case.

Niccokirby said:
Pikachu FRA
TO WHAT?!? WHAT REASONS ABOVE?!? The reasons above have all been debunked, Garou's points of winning are way more solid with way more evidence and explanations!!!! You try saying how Pikachu wins, please, tell me, otherwise, your vote can't count.

That's not how FRA works. We've been arguing the whole time and everyone else doesn't think we've been debunked so...

It's fine for them to FRA.

Just because Garou has all that does not grant him the ability to dodge AoE attacks that span far beyond his own range and hit all over the place at once and is far more than he ever dealt with in terms of AoE scenarios in OPM By that logic Goku with Ultra Instinct should be able to take on Reimu despite danmaku in DBS being lolbaby tier compared to Touhou.

Wait, how is he gonna get out of the way in time if the Projectiles move just as fast as he does? Especially the MASSIVE KILOMETER WIDE BLASTS!?

I really didn't want to come to this conclusion, because I don't want to sound biased here, but I feel like people are favouring Pikachu because he's a really recognisable mascot from a childhood video game. They probably grew up with him and saw Pikachu here and just voted Pikachu without even reading any of the debate and just saying that Pikachu wins without saying the slightest thing towards why. Just think about it, Pikachu is a way more well-known and beloved character, no one's grown up with Garou, Garou has only existed for a few years. I hope that I'm wrong, I hope that it's not that at all, I'm just really not liking how people can just vote "Pikachu FRA" when all of the reasons above have been completely counterargumented and debunked. What if I said "Garou FRA" without saying why, when all of Garou's points have been debunked? I'm not mad because I dislike Pokémon, I love Pokémon, Pokémon is one of my favourite games, I have almost all of the games, I have loads of Pokémon cards and I even have a Pikachu plush toy. I also love OPM and as a massive fan of both, Ik that Garou would win as I have explained so much towards why he would win and it's just heartbreaking to see people do this, because all of my paragraphs and essay like comments feel like they don't matter and that I'm invisible, it's not fair...

@Madotsuki

I think you are overreacting. Nothing was really debunked since the discussion is still going on, and in the meantime people will vote for character whose reasons of winning are best in their own point of view. Thats really it.

Quit whining. I only look at the facts when I discuss battles on here. I have my own views but Garou's outmatched here. Garou's abilities are not enough to dodge the level of AoE that Groudon and PIkachu can produce with their attacks. If you're going to start applying fallacies to our votes then you should be quiet.

@Madotsuki

You should probably calm down a little. It's just a debate, you don't need to have a mental breakdown just because people are voting against your person. It just means in their POV our arguments make more sense. All the people who voted for Garou think your arguments are better in their POV. It has nothing to do with people ignoring you.

AquaWaifu said:
Quit whining. I only look at the facts when I discuss battles on here. I have my own views but Garou's outmatched here. Garou's abilities are not enough to dodge the level of AoE that Groudon and PIkachu can produce with their attacks. If you're going to start applying fallacies to our votes then you should be quiet.
ok buddy don't need to become hard on her but perhaps he is right

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
@Madotsuki
I think you are overreacting. Nothing was really debunked since the discussion is still going on, and in the meantime people will vote for character whose reasons of winning are best in their own point of view. Thats really it.
Sorry, I hate that I'm a very emotional person who feels emotions stronger than everyone else... I've seen everyone on this thread, people giving an immeasurable amount of evidential feats, explanations and overall exceptionally solid points towards why Garou would win. I see people who claim that Pikachu wins, the people who say why Pikachu wins and how all of Garou's powers, abilities and techniques do not matter, even though they really do matter, as shown with amazing people who have taken so much of their time supporting that. Then they say the exact same thing which has already been proven why it's already been countered and then they deny that Garou would ever do that. The fact that they don't get it and they can't grasp the true form of what they are saying, it just amplifies my points and everyone else's points towards why Garou wins. Do you see where I am getting at here?

Madotsuki24 said:
Oblivion Of The Endless said:
@Madotsuki
Sorry, I hate that I'm a very emotional person who feels emotions stronger than everyone else... I've seen everyone on this thread, people giving an immeasurable amount of evidential feats, explanations and overall exceptionally solid points towards why Garou would win. I see people who claim that Pikachu wins, the people who say why Pikachu wins and how all of Garou's powers, abilities and techniques do not matter, even though they really do matter, as shown with amazing people who have taken so much of their time supporting that. Then they say the exact same thing which has already been proven why it's already been countered and then they deny that Garou would ever do that. The fact that they don't get it and they can't grasp the true form of what they are saying, it just amplifies my points and everyone else's points towards why Garou wins. Do you see where I am getting at here?
they probably do get that Garou could win but they feel that Pikachus Arguments are Stronger and seem more likely to happen in a Battle like this

The only person who has range on par with Groudon and Pikachu, that Garou fought was Tatsumaki, who was in a greatly weakened state in their confrontation.

You dont think I dont understand how she feels? I feel sad too when Shantae or Aqua lose in debates Ive been in the past despite all my own claims. It sucks kinda to see your favorite characters lose in these hypothetical battles we love so much. Just like how we hate to see wrestlers on tv lose that we love even though its all acted out.

But I don't start throwing out fallacies to votes and arguments I don't agree with.

I will say if if Pikachu COULDNT summon Groudon, then this woul be a VERY different match.

Wow this turned to a hot mess. The AoE attacks that Groudon do like the Lava erupting and thunderbolt storm feat are not even impressive to be honest speed wise. Flashy-Flash fought an entire fight between the Ninja dudes before the explosion started. Garou in this form blitzed Flash also noticed the Rocks in the picture from what DrProfessor uploaded, they're still stationary in the air and an entire fight happens between both Saitama and Garou.

Garou's speed amp on top of his Analytical Prediction, Instinctive Reaction and Combat smarts are being undersold here. Garou can passively gain speed as soon as the fight starts and I can argue that it increases his AP too and Garou WSRSF is also undersold here too

AquaWaifu said:
The only person who has range on par with Groudon and Pikachu, that Garou fought was Tatsumaki, who was in a greatly weakened state in their confrontation.

You dont think I dont understand how she feels? I feel sad too when Shantae or Aqua lose in debates Ive been in the past despite all my own claims. It sucks kinda to see your favorite characters lose in these hypothetical battles we love so much. Just like how we hate to see wrestlers on tv lose that we love even though its all acted out.

But I don't start throwing out fallacies to votes and arguments I don't agree with.

I will say if if Pikachu COULDNT summon Groudon, then this woul be a VERY different match.
I agree, i hate to see my Character losing like what Happen with Frank west he just got a big Lose Section which sucks

The way I see it, this will turn into a speed blitz due to passive speed amp in favor of Garou anyway I'm gonna ask the forbidden question, how long does it take for Pikachu to summon Groudon and what is their leading move after he wass summoned? I see different leading move from Pikachu's side and I don't know what it is

Groudon was summoned as soon as he was able to, that's the whole point of him getting the blue orb Amp. So immediately.

Garou CAN win, its just not as likely as Pikachu's. he could get Groudon to accidentally harm Pikachu with his ground attacks and this combined with Pikachu's draining stamina while under the effects of the blue orb, would be quite a hamper on him even with his incredibly high stamina with said orb.

If he could take out Groudon, itd be a much harder match to decide. since Pikachu would basically have to rely on Static and sheer AoE range advantage and slight AP advantage.

Back