• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hello guys I believe Toneri should be at least planetary level and not moon level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toneri was not going to create the earth again. The earth was never going to be destroyed in the first place.

I've gathered every single statement from the movie and the novelization.
And while it's so easy to think "this means it'll destroy the planet" with some of these, others will blatantly show that they aren't destroying earth, but the civilization.

If Toneri was going to destroy the earth, how would its environment stabilize? The novel supports it as well and gives context.
The planet would be fine. The environment and the people, not so much.

That's why the prophecy said that if Humans acted up, then the Tenseigan would destroy man via the Tenseigan. Same via novel.

Don't bring out of context scans. Provide the context of everything you do.
He said it himself he would create a new world with the power of the the tenseigan. i Mean you can destroy a planet and wait for it to stablize this proves nothing?

It's like this.

Toneri with the Tenseigan = 5C

The Moon smashing into the Earth = 5B

Toneri without the Moon can't be 5B. It's so obvious I wonder why it's still being contested.
So basically, Toneri could be 5-B with environmental destruction.

He said it himself he would create a new world with the power of the the tenseigan. i Mean you can destroy a planet and wait for it to stablize this proves nothing?
Let us pause for a minute and evaluate this.

You mean to tell me that you believe that Toneri intended to bust the planet Earth into tiny pieces (which is required for a 5-B rating) and then wait for life to spawn once again?

On what planet? He just blew it up.

Let us pause for a minute and evaluate this.

You mean to tell me that you believe that Toneri intended to bust the planet Earth into tiny pieces (which is required for a 5-B rating) and then wait for life to spawn once again?

On what planet? He just blew it up
no He was going to create it again himself from the ashes

Samlex, I'm gonna explain a concept to you called "context", but in powerscaling terms.

Context is when you have a vague statement, feat, or implication that needs more support in order to understand the meaning of the statement.
The definition of ashes is here
the powdery residue left after the burning of a substance
It's clear he wasn't burning anything. He was throwing a moon into it.

But there is more than 1 definition.
the remains of something destroyed; ruins.
"the people are really living in the ashes of those traditions and institutions"

This means the remains.

Now lets get some things into perspective.
1. The environment would still exist.
2. We get more context. He says that the environment will stabilize. A broken planet cannot stabilize.
3. Toneri said he was going to wake up after the earth was stabilized.

Toneri waking up and going to create earth... when he was planning to go to sleep for the sole purpose of waiting for the planet to be fixed.

Toneri wasn't creating anything from any ashes. His statement was figurative language.

Last edited:
my back itches
lmao-deep.gif

I'm actually seriously tired of this ignoring of arguments.

Why is this still open? The OP has been debunked and answered

Please read this page and understand what Environmental Destruction i
I’m n
Samlex, I'm gonna explain a concept to you called "context", but in powerscaling terms.

Concept is when you have a vague statement, feat, or implication that needs more support in order to understand the meaning of the statement.
The definition of ashes is here

It's clear he wasn't burning anything. He was throwing a moon into it.

But there is more than 1 definition.

This means the remains.

Now lets get some things into perspective.
1. The environment would still exist.
2. We get more context. He says that the environment will stabilize. A broken planet cannot stabilize.
3. Toneri said he was going to wake up after the earth was stabilized.

Toneri waking up and going to create earth... when he was planning to go to sleep for the sole purpose of waiting for the planet to be fixed.

Toneri wasn't creating anything from any ashes. His statement was figurative language.
but the problem pr is how can it be figurative when that was the main reason he got the tenseigan. It is actually a contradi at most . There is only one state that points to environment stablizaction.
also tell me what about the light of justice feat.
1 throws the moon to the earth and destroy it via tenseigan on the moon
2 two use is own eyes to destroy it
3 light of justice from absorbEd byakugans
either way he is planetary.

I’m n

but the problem pr is how can it be figurative when that was the main reason he got the tenseigan. It is actually a contradi at most . There is only one state that points to environment stablizaction.
dont close yet still got to answer this

Your argument is different from king tempest arguments. The light of justice feat as not been debunked

AHEM
Literally all of the statements prior to the "Light of Justice" one is referring to his original plan.
His original plan entailed sending the moon towards the earth, until it completely breaks apart upon reaching the Earth's Roche limit, at which point the planet would get showered by a massive meteor shower which would end all life on earth and make it uninhabitable for a millennia. This is his idea of destroying "the Sage's world".
He wanted to life-wipe the planet, which would in turn eradicate all of the Sage's teachings and ideals. This makes sense, as the Sage didn't create the world in the first place.
And his plan was not to "re-create" the planet, it was to rehabilitate it. Aka. Make it habitable for life once again. This was going to take a VERY long time, though, according to the novelization.

So, uh, yeah, there are no 5-B statements or supports outside of the Light of Justice statement, and that statement is not applicable for regular Toneri, as he absorbed BSM Naruto's chakra and an unknown amount of chakra from the sun, and had reached his limit.

Anyway, @Arc7Kuroi has different plans, and calcs, involving Toneri that he's going to propose soon. These might get Toneri to Low 5-B or higher, so my suggestion is to wait a couple of weeks for him.

Damn, KLOL you just went Ludicrous Speed
I am a highly-advanced robotic organism that travels through space in the form of an Earthly helicopter manufactured by a company based in Stratford, Connecticut after all, and I starred in a franchise that made billions yet "RUINED" said franchise forever. Of course I always had a Ludicrous Speed Mode from the start.

I am a highly-advanced robotic organism that travels through space in the form of an Earthly helicopter manufactured by a company based in Stratford, Connecticut after all, and I starred in a franchise that made billions yet "RUINED" said franchise forever. Of course I always had a Ludicrous Speed Mode from the start.
Unless you take a grenade launcher round to the crotch

Lol.
Go prove that is the main reason he got the tenseigan.
There is only one state that points to environment stablizaction
There is actually 2. From the movie and from the novel.

There is one saying that it's gonna be ashes.

Unless Toneri was going to incinerate earth, it's impossible for there to be ashes.
He said he'll destroy the sage's world with the light of justice. He gave context. And I quote the novel
“The Rikudou Sennin’s world has fallen into darkness! I will destroy it with the light of justice!”
You will now feel the power of Hamura,
one that can move the moon!
End it... End the world of the Sage of Six Paths...!
I will destroy the Sage's world, that has fallen into darkness...
with the light of justice!

#1 This doesn't scale to Toneri. It took the original Tenseigan and Naruto's chakra in order for him to make this statement. Newsflash, Toneri scales to neither.
#2 He says he's ending the sage's world. This means the society. The earth predates Hagoromo. His "world" is the ninja society"
He's not destroying the earth. He's killing everyone on it and ******** on the environment. I've already proven that.
He says he'll destroy Naruto's world.

In this movie, when he's talking about earth, he says earth.
Now he's saying world.
When he says world, he means the shinobi society.
Which was going to badly harm everyone on the planet. Not the planet
Either way he's really not*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back