• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Flying Ninja Broken Beer Bottle Neck and Eggplant Shanking no Jutsu of the Thunder God's Spiraling Sphere level 4 x3 Grade 4 (Naruto Top Tiers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay - yesterday was ridiculous IRL.
No worries, I've been really busy myself.
This is the main part that I take issue with.

It's sort of being glossed over that the detonation of the four Biju Bombs inside the barrier does not mean that Obito's shield is tanking the total combined force of all four explosions.

First of all the barrier isn't a perfectly contained volume like a sealed room from which none of the energy can escape; it's got an open top which is where we can see a lot of the explosive force escaping through.

Furthermore, let's say that Obito's spherical shield has a diameter of 3 meters to comfortably contain him, which would give it a surface area of 28.27 m^2.

Even if each face of Obito's hexagonal barrier had a low-balled length of 1 km, the internal area alone would be 2,600,000 m^2. This isn't even taking into account volume which would be much larger. Even if there's four bombs, the energy is going to still be spread out over an insanely large volume inside the barrier. Not the same as the shield tanking a point-blank explosion.

This might be a different story if the bombs detonated right next to Obito, but they didn't. We can see that Obito shoots the bombs out from the stalk that he is floating next to, so the bombs are up to several hundreds of meters or kilometers away from him when they detonate. His shield cannot be assumed to be "pretty much at the epicenter".

So I have to disagree with the 200 Teratons part of the scaling.
After consulting with the High Council of Elders (Alex and M3X) for a good while, it seems you're correct on this. I'm obviously not going to keep arguing for something that's just blatantly wrong, so I'll graciously concede on this point.

No worries, I've been really busy myself.

After consulting with the High Council of Elders (Alex and M3X) for a good while, it seems you're correct on this. I'm obviously not going to keep arguing for something that's just blatantly wrong, so I'll graciously concede on this point.
So where does this leave us?

I'm not really sold on Kushina scaling to full Kurama to be honest, if her only feat is restraining him with her chains which doesn't scale to his Striking Strength.

EDIT: Though I know that's the current scaling on her profile.

I'm not really sold on Kushina scaling to full Kurama to be honest, if her only feat is restraining him with her chains which doesn't scale to his Striking Strength.

I'll let the Kushina enthusiasts defend her scaling, but it is a pre-established scaling like you said, so eh.
But are we looking good otherwise?

It’s her only feat with the chains tbh so theres nothing really contradicting her being capable of this.

And there isn’t really any reason why subduing Kurama beyond his ability to move his entire body wouldn’t scale to his striking strength.

Not to mention Kushina was dying when she did this.

I'll let the Kushina enthusiasts defend her scaling, but it is a pre-established scaling like you said, so eh.
But are we looking good otherwise?
I just want to point out that Naruto makes explicit mention of wanting to be stronger than Kushina and more badass than Minato, implying he thinks Kushina is the stronger of the two of them and I'll just leave it at that.

I just want to point out that Naruto makes explicit mention of wanting to be stronger than Kushina and more badass than Minato, implying he thinks Kushina is the stronger of the two of them and I'll just leave it at that.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't let Sparkle hear you!

It’s her only feat with the chains tbh so theres nothing really contradicting her being capable of this.

And there isn’t really any reason why subduing Kurama beyond his ability to move his entire body wouldn’t scale to his striking strength.

Not to mention Kushina was dying when she did this.
That seems more like a case of superior Lifting Strength / Durability. Also they are sealing chains, so it's not certain that it is even a pure clash of physical might. There's an anime-only statement about them binding and suppressing chakra, but I wouldn't use that as it is anime-only.

At the bare minimum the chains should scale in durability as its stated that even kuruma cant destroy them easily. I belive that it should scale to both ap and durability as we can see worse users like karin use the chains to harm things like the wood statue, something kushina should likely be able to do with kuruma as hers are superior

At the bare minimum the chains should scale in durability as its stated that even kuruma cant destroy them easily. I belive that it should scale to both ap and durability as we can see worse users like karin use the chains to harm things like the wood statue, something kushina should likely be able to do with kuruma as hers are superior
Karin's is verbatim stated to be a shittier version of Kushina's chains in the Databook and I'm pretty sure Karin's chains scale to their own durability so Kushina's should as well via being superior to them.

Also would anything change with Sage Mode Naruto's AP? Currently on his profile it's listed that Naruto's Oodama Rasenshuriken destroyed Hashirama's wood dragon, but Hashi got upgraded here so would anything change about that?

Also would anything change with Sage Mode Naruto's AP? Currently on his profile it's listed that Naruto's Oodama Rasenshuriken destroyed Hashirama's wood dragon, but Hashi got upgraded here so would anything change about that?
Nah, those were mini wood dragons, not like the massive one that fought Kurama. It's why all of Hashirama's Mokuton ratings have an "Up to" before them; not all of his Mokuton techniques are built the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back