• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Yeah I don't really get why Baki supporters didn't jump on this the second it was a thing, but

Pickle surviving the meteor that killed the dinosaurs is a Low 7-B feat, as he was totally undamaged when he got preserved.

That's really all I need but since I am making a CRT I might as well comb over the other stuff that for some reason isn't used

Yujiro physically punching out an earthquake casually​

Admittedly I don't know what sitewide opinion about this is, but I've heard a few times that it's not valid because it breaks physics, and like...

That's not how the wiki works? It's inherently based upon physics breaking stuff, even if this is a little bit more goofy than just violating conservation of energy.

The fact is, catagorically, an Earthquake happens and Yujiro physically strikes the ground to stop it from happening, suggesting he overcame the energy. Baki is the kind of series where that thing would be treated as possible, even if the characters themselves comment on the fact it seems impossible.

The like 3 different times Yujiro is stated to be a military force entirely by himself, one of which directly involves discussion of nuclear ordinance​

Admittedly this isn't something I would use independently, but it's not independent, so

I can't really describe it any more perfectly than the profile itself, where The FBI, Barack Obama and Donald Trump all concluded that the USA's entire military force combined stood no chance against him, there are other instances of statements like that but I don't want to dig them up right now, maybe if people really hate this particular point I will

The recent adaption of the Pickle arc made this like, about 10x more explicit (and if I remember right, Netflix still does the thing where the subtitles translate the original Japanese and you can see differences between how it's dubbed, even if minor, so this would still count in some regard) so there's something else I can easily grab, I guess

Conclusion​

Honestly the other two sections don't matter that much, my main deal is that there's a Low 7-B feat and it should be applied to the pages, and I just wanted to talk about the other stuff

Last edited:
Was Baki downgraded because of anti-feats, or because the main feat wasn't considered valid?

Was Baki downgraded because of anti-feats, or because the main feat wasn't considered valid?
I have to imagine it's the latter, since anything you could call an anti-feat goes below 8-B anyways, but it's not particularly something I'm concerned with since Pickle's feat is something tangible and pretty straightforward

For some reason I completely forgot to put the calc I based this entire thing on in the OP

It's there now

Looking into it it was due to the earthquake feat being allegedly invalid. I'm not really convinced by that to begin with but yeah I dunno why you wouldn't just switch to this feat.

I fully agree. Was pretty sad when it was downgraded and I do feel that's the normal tier for the god tiers. Also damn the dub was epic. Haven't seen the new anime at all so I have kinda a lot of episodes to watch.

Looking into it it was due to the earthquake feat being allegedly invalid. I'm not really convinced by that to begin with but yeah I dunno why you wouldn't just switch to this feat.
I also do thing the earthquake feat is pretty valid even if it doesn't really work with physics just putting the energy needed to dissipate it comes close to the statements about yujiro from the USA and thus makes it pretty normal for him and how people view his power. I don't think it breaks anything. Also is the meteor feat in anime?

Last edited:
What a ass dub is that 🗿
It's gorgeous. Best thing I have heard in my life.
Would the nuke thing also imply Yujiro resists heat and radiation
I mean it's already implied no disease is able to affect him and we have the lighting strike that did jack shit to him for a speed feat so it's not that far fetched. Then again we do have the scene in the manga that they suggested dropping a nuke on him in the desert and they said it might work.
Probably, yes
DMUA have you found any good speed feat? Are you a supporter of the verse?

DMUA have you found any good speed feat? Are you a supporter of the verse?
You're not really going to get better than the true mach punch's speed, which I don't even remember scaling to anyone given Pickle got nailed by every single hit and Katsumi seemed to obliterate his arm a bit too hard to be able to continue using it

You're not really going to get better than the true mach punch's speed, which I don't even remember scaling to anyone given Pickle got nailed by every single hit and Katsumi seemed to obliterate his arm a bit too hard to be able to continue using it
Can you remind me what speed that one was? I thought the verse was barely mach 2 for some reason but on yujiro's profile there is still the mach 78 thing. I think Baki, Yujiro and Musashi scale to it?

Can you remind me what speed that one was? I thought the verse was barely mach 2 for some reason but on yujiro's profile there is still the mach 78 thing. I think Baki, Yujiro and Musashi scale to it?
That's the one that got stated to be up to Mach 78, since Joints are apparently speed multipliers in Grappler Baki

realistically it's probably only applicable to that particular technique but it's funny to think Yujiro could speed amp himself like 78 times by just doing the imaginary joint thing

That's the one that got stated to be up to Mach 78, since Joints are apparently speed multipliers in Grappler Baki

realistically it's probably only applicable to that particular technique but it's funny to think Yujiro could speed amp himself like 78 times by just doing the imaginary joint thing
I thought it was about to be thrown out as a totally imaginary statement that has no value so that's why I asked about this. Remembered that the best calc would put yujiro as just above mach 1. Want me to find these threads? https://vsbattles.com/threads/musashi-miyamoto-speed-revision.154586/#post-5916544 This is the one I remember.
Also about the lighting feat in baki dou do you think it has any significance?

Last edited:
It's not really a feat, just a statement on Yujiro's sense of awareness with a visual representation. He's not stated to literally dodge a lightning bolt, and even if he did, the context of it being a result of his senses implies that he could start dodging when it comes out of the cloud, which would make it a feat in the Supersonic+ range

It's not really a feat, just a statement on Yujiro's sense of awareness with a visual representation. He's not stated to literally dodge a lightning bolt, and even if he did, the context of it being a result of his senses implies that he could start dodging when it comes out of the cloud, which would make it a feat in the Supersonic+ range
The out of guard doesn't imply he would start dodging later?
Also the thread I posted was the one I spoke about in which Hitless blow is considered as hyperbole and is no longer usable by said by the people in the thread. That's why I was puzzled because I had no idea if it's accepted currently or not.

Okay you have to show me this feat because either that makes no sense or you're talking about something entirely different than what I'm thinking of

Hitless blow is just a direct statement of speed, it's not even a vague like "over 70/100/whatever" mach, it's a very specific number

Okay you have to show me this feat because either that makes no sense or you're talking about something entirely different than what I'm thinking of

Hitless blow is just a direct statement of speed, it's not even a vague like "over 70/100/whatever" mach, it's a very specific number
You meant send you the part where the feat is considered invalid?

By the way, no idea how but apparently they ****** up this calc and got 8-C when the result should actually be 7-C or something lol

Screen_Shot_2023-07-30_at_7.03.27_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2023-07-30_at_7.03.36_PM.png

By the way, no idea how but apparently they ****** up this calc and got 8-C when the result should actually be 7-C or something lol
Localized Earthquake calcs are either extremely bloated by treating the energy of a single building shaking the same way as an earthquake that would radiate out for kilometers out, or underrated because it's the kinetic energy of a building shaking, which is a lot less than you'd expect

I'd say 8-C is a bit higher than I'd expect, even

Derailing this topic a bit, does anyone have the scan that says Hitless Blow is Mach 77?
That was disregarded as hyperbole and is no longer usable.
Duma the two sentences I posted were said about this feat. Isn't this hitless blow? This it the thread in which it was treated as hyperbole https://vsbattles.com/threads/baki-verse-downgrade.147793/page-2
20.jpg

Last edited:
Localized Earthquake calcs are either extremely bloated by treating the energy of a single building shaking the same way as an earthquake that would radiate out for kilometers out, or underrated because it's the kinetic energy of a building shaking, which is a lot less than you'd expect

I'd say 8-C is a bit higher than I'd expect, even
I dunno, I don't do math but you can check the comments there idk

Duma the two sentences I posted were said about this feat. Isn't this hitless blow?
Guess I mandela'd the specificity into existence

Either way, I dunno why it would be unbelievable that they could go that absurdly fast when it's supposed to be the vastly upgraded version of something that goes straight through the sound barrier (and outright ruins the hand and eventually the arm of the person using it through Newton's third going way against him) but I guess if you did want to be super stingy
I dunno, I don't do math but you can check the comments there idk
Yeah, moving it at 188 meters per second is 7-C

... That said, he seems to have inputed 1 centimeter and treated it as 1 meter, correcting that makes the proper result 1.884 meters per second, which would make the result indeed High 8-C, I suppose

Guess I mandela'd the specificity into existence

Either way, I dunno why it would be unbelievable that they could go that absurdly fast when it's supposed to be the vastly upgraded version of something that goes straight through the sound barrier (and outright ruins the hand and eventually the arm of the person using it through Newton's third going way against him) but I guess if you did want to be super stingy.
So it's logical to throw it out of the window? I think the next best speed feat is mach 5 or sth at best. Not sure but I could look for it.

I don't think it even scales to anyone else anyways so I'd just take it as it is and look for other, more widely applicable feats

The thread was here. The calc was dismissed because the thread said he stopped movement of the Tectonic Plate itself, which would be 294+ Megatons since its total seismic energy and was therefore an outlier.

Don't know how that conclusion was reached but that's why it was removed.

The thread was here. The calc was dismissed because the thread said he stopped movement of the Tectonic Plate itself, which would be 294+ Megatons since its total seismic energy and was therefore an outlier.
I would honestly question both the reasoning as to why it'd be TSE (It was a real earthquake but all Yujiro needed to negate was the energy on the surface, not necessarily all the way down to the tectonic plates) and why that'd make it an outlier (I think you can definitely argue Baki should be downgraded based off inconsistent portrayal but if we think 7-C is fine we should probably think 7-A is fine lol)

Don't know how that conclusion was reached but that's why it was removed.
If I remember right the calc was that he couldn't just output city level energy to stop the earthquake but rather stop the tectonic plates from even producing the effect. Also I agree with Armor.

d why that'd make it an outlier (I think you can definitely argue Baki should be downgraded based off inconsistent portrayal but if we think 7-C is fine we should probably think 7-A is fine lol)
I mean, the reason why it was called an outlier is that the thread concluded that he stopped Tectonic Plate movement. Which would be hilariously inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back