• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki verse downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)Yujiro stops the earthquake:

The earthquake calculation was estimated at 15 kilotons or 7-C and implied that Yujiro had to hit with the full force of the earthquake to stop it.

However, this has a number of problems. Since the earthquake is natural, we should use Total Seismic Energy instead of Radiated Waves, according to the earthquake calculation rules.

Thus, the accepted end of the calculation would be 294 Megatons of TNT or Mountain level (7-A), which is obviously an outlier.

Moreover, we have this image showing that the earthquake has engulfed the entire city.
Mv2wIwCMCco.jpg

The earthquake radius can't be 136 meters, which is also specified in the earthquake calculation rules. Does this mean that we have a magnitude 5 earthquake all over the city? That's what we won't be able to find out, since we don't know where the epicenter of the earthquake is. It is logical to assume that the epicenter is located under Yujiro, since it would be strange if he stopped the earthquake while on its edge. But the problem is different - in the epicenter, the magnitude is always greater. In our calculations, we use the magnitude that is felt at a distance and we cannot predict in any way how the earthquake felt at the other end of the city.

Using this site with earthquake archives and choosing a date from 1983 to 2023, I got that most of the registered earthquakes have a magnitude of up to two points.

So the calculation has 3 problems:

1)Using an artificial earthquake, instead of a natural one;
2)Incorrect determination of the earthquake distance;
3)Arbitrary use of magnitude and determination of epicenter;

All this makes the calculation unusable.

2)Baki makes an earthquake:

Here I wanted to ask the opinion of the members of the calculation group.

The effect of the attack was not long-lasting and also covered a short distance. It have alarmed people who thought it was an earthquake, but the calculation rules state: "Either a large area being shaken or evidence that we are dealing with something earthquake-like and not just some minor shaking would be needed."

The anxiety of people and the shaking of the building are good reinforcements that it could be an earthquake, but are not direct proof. As written above, it may be "just some minor shaking", not an earthquake.

In that case, we'd better find the KE of this feat through vibration, as it was done in the Kenganverse.

LfTtdQd.jpeg

Last edited:
First one is wrong

Although the earthquake is naturally formed, Yujiro isn't stopping the tectonic movement of the fault lines and such, he's just stopping the energy caused from it.

People usually only scale to tectonic plate movement by... causing the tectonic plates to move. Not by countering the energy it ***** out.

Second one you need scans cause there's flat out none of em

If it's clearly not "minor shaking" then it's probably an earthquake

First one is wrong

Although the earthquake is naturally formed, Yujiro isn't stopping the tectonic movement of the fault lines and such, he's just stopping the energy caused from it.
The calculation does not estimate how much energy Yujiro applied to stop the earthquake. The calculation assumes that the impact should be as powerful as this earthquake.
People usually only scale to tectonic plate movement by... causing the tectonic plates to move. Not by countering the energy it ***** out.
Scaling of seismic energy is underway, because according to Yujiro's calculation, it scales up to an earthquake completely

And we still have problems with the magnitude
Second one you need scans cause there's flat out none of em
Fixed
If it's clearly not "minor shaking" then it's probably an earthquake
This affected a small area and was a short-term impact. People's words are not direct proof.

From a powerful explosion, the earth can also shake and it will be like an earthquake. But it is not.

Yeah stopping a natural earthquake would naturally require stopping the plate which is causing it.

I'm not sure if that would make his feat an outlier.

However, the feat doesn't even make much sense to begin with, punching the ground wouldn't stop any earthquake, it would just make things worse, so either his punch is supernatural in nature or he is really stopping a plate from moving.

whether or not the 7-A earthquake is correct, a character getting weaker because their best feat got stronger is a bit silly
First, it is an outlier
Secondly, pay attention to the following arguments of this paragraph. It could have been a magnitude 2 earthquake, which would have given an 8-A result with direct scaling, since they are probably at the epicenter

Yeah stopping a natural earthquake would naturally require stopping the plate which is causing it.

I'm not sure if that would make his feat an outlier.

However, the feat doesn't even make much sense to begin with, punching the ground wouldn't stop any earthquake, it would just make things worse, so either his punch is supernatural in nature or he is really stopping a plate from moving.
What do you think about the second point? We have no direct evidence that this is an earthquake and only dissatisfied cries of people. Moreover, it happens in a small area. According to the earthquake calculation rules, this is not proof of an earthquake.
I'm not sure that we can regard this as a full-fledged earthquake.

You would have to calculate it's range, and if it's more than a hundred meters, it's valid for the earthquake formula to kick in (radiated waves).

You would have to calculate it's range, and if it's more than a hundred meters, it's valid for the earthquake formula to kick in (radiated waves).
I suppose it can be considered an earthquake in that case?
Or do we need additional evidence?

Since that building is in the epicenter, the radius should be taken from there, yes.

After a quick measurement, the radius I got was 115.86 meters, enough for the formula to work.
Is there a rule stating that 100 meters is the minimum radius?

And do I understand correctly that in this case the feat of stopping the earthquake should be canceled and we return the characters to the previous ratings?

Is there a rule stating that 100 meters is the minimum radius?

And do I understand correctly that in this case the feat of stopping the earthquake should be canceled and we return the characters to the previous ratings?
That's what DontTalkDT told us was the minimum distance for the formula (which I recall was made by him).

If you are referring to Yujiro's feat, it should be using the total seismic energy, which would probably make it an outlier.

Unless this was addressed in the thread that made the upgrade.

Guys I really don’t want to do this debate again especially when I have to go to work.

It’s not an outlier either with the nukes guide book statements

I’ll respond to this later

Why are you telling me what I should do?
First, the calculation was rated as 7-C and this is applied in the verse.
Secondly, we have at least one member of the calculation group who says that the feat does not make sense.

Why should we close it?
Because it’s was accepted to be High 7-C by calcs users and staff members saying it’s vaild do what’s your point? I’ve just being doing work on the side to update the verse

It doesn't seem like the use of total seismic energy was addressed in that thread, they were discussing mostly about the magnitude of the earthquake itself.

Still, what Yujiro stopped was a natural earthquake so obviously the total seismic energy should be used, I don't care if it makes it an outlier, hiding the outlier by using only the radiated waves is not allowed.

It doesn't seem like the use of total seismic energy was addressed in that thread, they were discussing mostly about the magnitude of the earthquake itself.

Still, what Yujiro stopped was a natural earthquake so obviously the total seismic energy should be used, I don't care if it makes it an outlier, hiding the outlier by using only the radiated waves is not allowed.
Moreover, the feat itself does not make sense.
It looks like an attempt to back up claims about nuclear weapons.

And it looks funny when literally all the other calculations of the verse are 9-A and 8-C.

The 8-B calculation is on edge due to the fact that depending on how accurately we count pixels, it either falls under 100 meters or not

But there are other tier 7 feats and statements so the outliers stuff wouldn’t even work.

What would SE even be calced at

Finally this shit is getting adressed

Tier 7 Baki never made sense to me
Guys I really don’t want to do this debate again especially when I have to go to work.

It’s not an outlier either with the nukes guide book statements

I’ll respond to this later
The guide book translated states
"It's strength is such that a nuclear weapon state cannot interfere"

Which is a far cry from flat out confirmation that he can survive nukes

Plus statements directly in the manga seem to imply the opposite

Wait, that's not how it works. You need to prove that it is an earthquake, instead of proving that it is not
It's literally called and earthquake by those that are experiencing it

In addition, KT is right about the seismic energy. You wouldn't scale Yujiro to the total seismic energy, so the 7-C value is correct.

You also mentioned that the earthquake calculation rules indicate that a radius of 136 meters can't work, which is something that isn't true at all. The minimum distance is 100 meters, which makes this viable as an earthquake

In addition, KT is right about the seismic energy. You wouldn't scale Yujiro to the total seismic energy, so the 7-C value is correct.
Why wouldn't he scale from the total seismic energy? He stopped a natural earthquake, that would require stopping the plate from moving.

Simply releasing the same amount of radiated waves would only create a more damaging earthquake.

It's literally called and earthquake by those that are experiencing it

You also mentioned that the earthquake calculation rules indicate that a radius of 136 meters can't work, which is something that isn't true at all. The minimum distance is 100 meters, which makes this viable as an earthquake
Yes, Therefir has already corrected me on this point. However, a natural earthquake exceeds a radius of one hundred meters. Moreover, I have given a picture where we see that an earthquake is going over the whole city. The earthquake could have a magnitude of 2 or 3, but felt more powerful in the epicenter

Yes, Therefir has already corrected me on this point. However, a natural earthquake exceeds a radius of one hundred meters. Moreover, I have given a picture where we see that an earthquake is going over the whole city. The earthquake could have a magnitude of 2 or 3, but felt more powerful in the epicenter
It's considered "a big one" even from far away
Why wouldn't he scale from the total seismic energy? He stopped a natural earthquake, that would require stopping the plate from moving.

Simply releasing the same amount of radiated waves would only create a more damaging earthquake.
Didn't know that's how it worked, I thought it was more like what KT was saying
Yeah, even the 7-C calc looks like an outlier for me to be honest.
Calling a feat that only scales to god tiers an "outlier" doesn't make sense to me if I'm being honest

This is only in the case of Baki and Hanayama.
But somehow it affects almost the entire verse.

And we don't have any reinforcing feats to use 7-A
Again, these characters seem to have their own scaling independent of the lower tier characters.

As far as I'm concerned, outliers are really only for major inconsistencies in the series

Calling a feat that only scales to god tiers an "outlier" doesn't make sense to me if I'm being honest
In a sense that no "god-tier" have ever come close to show a 7-C feat, let alone a 7-A feat, and this includes Yujiro as well.

And many other characters are scaling from that feat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back