• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doppo Orochi Prime and verse scaling

There is a huge confusion with the level of forces in the verse, the main reason for which is the Prime key for Orochi, suggesting that after the battle with Yujiro, Orochi weakened many times, which affects the scaling chain of the entire verse. I will quote the arguments of @Twellas and say a special thank you to him

"100% lol, as a matter of fact, this feat would quite literally scale to every single character in the maximum tournament and after lmao.
Baki after seeing Yujiro perform the feat was 100% confident Doppo could defeat Yujiro. Doppo was beating the DOGSHIT out of Yujiro in the fight to the point where Yujiro was getting mad because he couldn't do anything to him. He had to enter Demon Back (which, as we know from Baki, even an imperfect demon back can cover a no-sell level gap). Doppo then goes on to be stated to be inferior to Katsumi (who, BTW, the same Doppo considers him to be "the strongest man" and he thinks he can beat ANYONE) and then pretty much everyone in the Maximum tournament end up scaling in some way or another to Doppo and Katsumi.
Oh also, the mach punch was created by Katsumi in collaboration with Doppo in order to beat Yujiro, Hanayama eats like 4 of those without even getting wobbled.

People try and "fix" this by saying that Doppo got weaker after the Yujiro fight, which is not only never stated or even implied (the only thing that can even remotely be considered to imply this is the fact that Doppo says that his current level is "nothing" if he wants to beat Yujiro, which is a statement given with the knowledge that 1)Yujiro has the demon back and 2)Yujiro gets constantly stronger at an insane rate, so it doesn't even necessarily mean Doppo is any weaker than he was, especially since he himself thinks that his rehabilitation went well and everyone of his students, who spar him daily considers him to "be back") it's outright debunked by things such as Katsumi being shocked at how good his physique is in NGB (Katsumi would obviously know Doppo's physique during the first saga of the series) and, most directly, in the most recent series, where Doppo is stated to be "the same" as he was at the time of his debut in the arena and he "doesn't show the slightest sign of aging" (so yeah, age being a factor in him getting weaker is debunked, not that it was a reasonable logic to begin with given how Shibukawa is older than Doppo and still kicking).

Now, let's ignore Doppo for a second, let's just say he got weaker (he didn't). Then, what about Motobe? Motobe could tank hits from Yujiro without sustaining any serious injury, could manipulate his joints and was considered worthy of seeing Yujiro's demon back. Motobe would then go on to be completely humiliated in the MT. Did motobe also get weaker?

The only real "debunk" to this is "well, Doppo and Motobe struggle with X and Y character, but then Yujiro comes up and no-diffs them, this must mean they got weaker", which is a non argument, because the very first thing (and I'm not kidding, this is the first scene where Yujiro gets mentioned) we are told about Yujiro in the ENTIRE SERIES is that he grows stronger (and more skilled) at an INSANE rate, to the point where Strydum is like "during the few minutes we've spent talking, Yujiro just got stronger". So Yujiro no-diffing characters that scale to people who previously beat him is not a debunk to the fact that said people scale to him, it's just proof of Yujiro getting stronger at a faster rate than anyone else since their first fight.

Yujiro is a constantly moving goal-post
: in NGB Kaku Kaioh was 100% down to fighting a demon back Yujiro, drew blood from him, and only resorted to playing dead once he was 100% sure he'd die, meanwhile, at the start of the Pickle arc he straight up says he wouldn't even TRY to fight a casual Pickle, the same Pickle who would go on to be hurt severely by Katsumi. In the same vein, Retsu in SoO is stated to be "the best in the 4000 year history of Chinese martial arts", which is also supported by the fact that he mastered Shaori in only a few days, while it took Kaku several decades to do so.
This is portrayed as late as the end of Baki Dou 2, where a post-father-son-fight Baki (who btw, upped his training to the point where he is getting VISIBLY bigger, and I don't think i need to tell you how good baki did against Yujiro during that fight) states that he couldn't possibly beat Sukune in a head on fight to the point where his body instinctively used a technique to negate his durability, Yujiro one-shots him casually"

i will probably not comment frequently, but i learned that the only consistent thing is baki is that it's inconsistent unless you apply flawed logic and headcanon into it which makes scaling really hard

but this seems to make sens

I think this feat should apply only to Yujiro due to what the op and and due to most of the nuclear statements being towards him. It's very obvious the mangaka wanted Yujiro to basically beat everyone even if they were comparable to him before so the feat performed by him which is the highest feat in the series should only scale to himself and maybe his father, but even that I would be against.

However, this scales to the entire verse and that is why I said it was an outlier.

We have a new feat 8-A only for high tier and it doesn't break verse scaling

This is non-canon to the main story as far as I know. If feats from Retsu's isekai scaled I wouldn't mind as much due to how many more feats the story would get. But it seems that it's not canon so I will still keep my stance in using Yujiro's feat.

Well I'm against that and would prefer just scaling Yujiro to it who did the feat.
Don't be rude, but that's not how it works.

If the characters are able to directly withstand that level and someone stands up to them, then they scale.

Damn, this problem really affected me in Kengan, where the top-tier makes the skill 8-B/8-A and is one of the strongest, but almost all the characters scale to it in one way or another, although the plot states that they will lose in 1 hit

Well for one noone has clear cut handled the same punch that stopped the earthquake and secondly because Yujiro is a moving goalpost he should be the only one scaling to his feats.

This is non-canon to the main story as far as I know. If feats from Retsu's isekai scaled I wouldn't mind as much due to how many more feats the story would get. But it seems that it's not canon so I will still keep my stance in using Yujiro's feat.
I heard information that Itagaki contributed to this manga, but this may be fake.

Well for one noone has clear cut handled the same punch that stopped the earthquake and secondly because Yujiro is a moving goalpost he should be the only one scaling to his feats.
blow was not serious, and Doppo successfully fought with base Yujiro

He absolutely scales, just like those who scaled before him

I heard information that Itagaki contributed to this manga, but this may be fake.
I think he only gave the ok for it to include Retsu. I would love for it to be canon, but I have found nothing pointing to that.
blow was not serious, and Doppo successfully fought with base Yujiro

He absolutely scales, just like those who scaled before him
That's why I say let's keep the move to Yujiro and scale everyone else normally.

Another line of scaling I forgot to mention, the absolutely LEGENDARY door scene, where Kureha overpowers Yujiro.

Baki, who saw Yujiro perform the earthquake feat spars Doppo and literally says that "Yujiro has NO CHANCE" against him, he's pretty much in desbelief that Doppo lost to Yujiro in the past.

The Motobe who could easily bend Yujiro's wrist procedes to have his entire body overpowered by a nameless Rikishi's pinky finger. The same rikishi goes on to no-sell him and knock him out with a single throw

more evidence of my "goalpost-Yujiro" theory: chapter 79. Oliva is stated to be almost equal to Yujiro (Yujiro would have torn Strydum limb by limb if he was wrong, he REALLY doesn't take too kindly to people claiming to be stronger than him with no backing), fast forward to chapter 183: here is how the fight goes.

Pickle is super blatantly shown to be stronger than NGB Yujiro and even SoO Yujiro.
Fast forward, Baki beats the DOGSHIT out of Pickle casually, but several chapters later, a stronger (he trains CONSTANTLY) Baki compares the gap in power between him and Yujiro to that between a newborn and a grown adult.
Hanayama is strong enough to match Pickle, Pickle considers him to be stronger than a Triceratops, Pickle sees Triceratops as "worthy opponents". Pickle is excited at the idea of having an all-out fight against him, Baki also considers him capable of having an head-on fight against an enraged Pickle. Hanayama would then go on to be one-shot by Yujiro.

Doppo can no-sell a gokiburi dash from a Dou2 Baki who was expressly told not to hold back (and agreed to it). A gokiburi dash from a weaker Baki sent SoO Yujiro flying and pushed him back against his will. Doppo then goes on to get heavily ****** up by one of the weakest rikishis in the Sumo team, who doesn't even scale to the team's Yokozuna, who doesn't even scale to Sukune who, again, got one-tapped by Yujiro

Last edited:
more evidence of my "goalpost-Yujiro" theory: chapter 79. Oliva is stated to be almost equal to Yujiro (Yujiro would have torn Strydum limb by limb if he was wrong, he REALLY doesn't take too kindly to people claiming to be stronger than him with no backing), fast forward to chapter 183: here is how the fight goes.

Pickle is super blatantly shown to be stronger than NGB Yujiro and even SoO Yujiro.
Fast forward, Baki beats the DOGSHIT out of Pickle casually, but several chapters later, a stronger (he trains CONSTANTLY) Baki compares the gap in power between him and Yujiro to that between a newborn and a grown adult.
Hanayama is strong enough to match Pickle, Pickle considers him to be stronger than a Triceratops, Pickle sees Triceratops as "worthy opponents". Pickle is excited at the idea of having an all-out fight against him, Baki also considers him capable of having an head-on fight against an enraged Pickle. Hanayama would then go on to be one-shot by Yujiro
No no I'm pretty much a supporter of this. Which is why I support either Yujiro or his and his father should scale.

Is it known that this Kureha?
it's never outright stated or shown, but the scene directly precedes the scene where Kureha is introduced and Yujiro later says during the MT that he has "unfinished business" with Kureha iirc. It really can't be anyone else

As I said the feat should only scale to Yujiro and maybe his father and Musashi at most. All three have really pushed Yujiro and never been defeated by him.

While I do not think Doppo has gotten any weaker over time, I do have troubles with Yujiro-scaling.

As a character, Yujiro was turned into a wholly different narrative tool overtime, starting as much more down to earth and then skyrocketing to ludicrous level above anyone who showed up in the verse after a certain point.

I also have issues with explaining this via Strydium's statement, mostly because it was thrown in there a single time and then never reference again, especially not to justify Yujiro's boost.

While I do not think Doppo has gotten any weaker over time, I do have troubles with Yujiro-scaling.

As a character, Yujiro was turned into a wholly different narrative tool overtime, starting as much more down to earth and then skyrocketing to ludicrous level above anyone who showed up in the verse after a certain point.

I also have issues with explaining this via Strydium's statement, mostly because it was thrown in there a single time and then never reference again, especially not to justify Yujiro's boost.
Are you more in line with my reasoning aka scaling the feat only to Yujiro and his father?

yeah, sure, but there's never been an official, canonical distinction made. The fact of the matter is that Yujiro has been matched and defeated in the past, the meta reason doesn't really matter until Itagaki goes back and retcons it. Also, the scaling applies even as late as NGB and SoO as I've shown with Kaku and Pickle, in that case you can't use the narrative argument
Baki repeats it several chapters later. It's not about "justifying" the boost, it's that we have definitive evidence of people being stronger than Yujiro at certain points but being weaker right after, this just gives us the explanation. We know pretty much for a fact every character gets stronger, Katsumi had 50 years worth of progress in the span of a few days, it just makes sense that people do eventually catch up to past-Yujiro but his development is just too fast so the cast is always 2 steps behind

Last edited:
While this is true, I do feel like the "constantly growing in power" reasoning, whether even intended by the mangaka to be a fix to the inconsistencies or not, does end up pairing very well with Yujiro constantly returning to the status of strongest boy ever.

While this is true, I do feel like the "constantly growing in power" reasoning, whether even intended by the mangaka to be a fix to the inconsistencies or not, does end up pairing very well with Yujiro constantly returning to the status of strongest boy ever.
yeah, and as I said, this scaling logic also applies as late as NGB and SoO, when Yujiro's character was well solidified.

It might be time to tag some Knowledgeable members/mods to have this looked at

Back