• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: Making a Tier 7 verse Tier 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him saying he mastered it isn't really the best evidence that he should scale to 1000 joints

At best we could give him a possibly rating based on that

We should just use the joints he's shown to have imagined in his arm
We should actually use the joints he has imagined across his whole body as that's what he used to punch in the end. The problem is that it depends on how many joints they were willing to portray. Also Katsumi should absolutely scale to 1000. Kaku who is worse than Katsumi stated 1000 joints wouldn't even be a problem. A guy that surpassed him for sure wouldn't even more have no problem with it. But if you would like to go for the lower end of joints portrayed sure. No idea if there is a good scene for that though.

We should actually use the joints he has imagined across his whole body as that's what he used to punch in the end. The problem is that it depends on how many joints they were willing to portray. Also Katsumi should absolutely scale to 1000. Kaku who is worse than Katsumi stated 1000 joints wouldn't even be a problem. A guy that surpassed him for sure wouldn't even more have no problem with it. But if you would like to go for the lower end of joints portrayed sure. No idea if there is a good scene for that though.
Is their any confirmation that Katsumi surpassed Kaku though?

I can't remember

However I think I may hove found our answer (If the panel is translated right)

Katsumi uses the Hitless Blow against Pickle and says this
6.jpg

Yujiro could be fine scaling the Castle Bravo if nothing in the US military can affect him (and you have proof of it). Castle Bravo being a 15 megaton warhead. The largest ever detonated by the USA.

However, I don't know if this holds much weight considering they never actually tried this apparently. And his speed may also play a factor in his ability to neg the USA.

If you treat the statement as being Yujiro being at the level of the entire military combined, you could argue he's 7-A to High 7-A because that's the combined yield of the US nuclear arsenal.

Now I personally don't think the earthquake feat is an outlier. Yujiro doesn't have any anti-feats. And it's really emphasized in the panels as being some crazy level of power. It's blatant feat and I think disregarding it just because it's above other feats in the series is silly.

As said above Yujiro is the pinnacle of power in the verse and the whole gag of the manga is having ridiculous moments like this.

Is their any confirmation that Katsumi surpassed Kaku though?

I can't remember

However I think I may hove found our answer (If the panel is translated right)

Katsumi uses the Hitless Blow against Pickle and says this
6.jpg
I'm pretty sure he states it in the episode of the show that he shows up to teach it to him and I'm thinking that most things are portrayed better there so it's a good confirmation. But again the scene with Kaku teaching him and then having dinner with doppo and discussing it is not on youtube. I saw it online but not sure I can link that here. Also i fear for your sanity if you start numbering the joints.
Yujiro could be fine scaling the Castle Bravo if nothing in the US military can affect him (and you have proof of it). Castle Bravo being a 15 megaton warhead. The largest ever detonated by the USA.

However, I don't know if this holds much weight considering they never actually tried this apparently. And his speed may also play a factor in his ability to neg the USA.

If you treat the statement as being Yujiro being at the level of the entire military combined, you could argue he's 7-A to High 7-A because that's the combined yield of the US nuclear arsenal.

Now I personally don't think the earthquake feat is an outlier. Yujiro doesn't have any anti-feats. And it's really emphasized in the panels as being some crazy level of power. It's blatant feat and I think disregarding it just because it's above other feats in the series is silly.

As said above Yujiro is the pinnacle of power in the verse and the whole gag of the manga is having ridiculous moments like this.
Obama in the clip does suppose he is stronger than nukes and then the feat Yujiro performs seems to ellicit a strongly positive response from him so I do think it should be a valid feat as those are the amounts of force that are being discussed. It's not like either the nuclear statements or the punch exist in a vacuum as the show reinforces it and Yujiro is still the absolute god tier.

If Pickle is the bar for scaling that shifts the hierarchy around a bit. Considering the other thread about Pickle being physically stronger than Yujiro in base, we should have multiple keys for him. He's clearly stronger in Dou II you can see how much meatier he is.

If Pickle is the bar for scaling that shifts the hierarchy around a bit. Considering the other thread about Pickle being physically stronger than Yujiro in base, we should have multiple keys for him. He's clearly stronger in Dou II you can see how much meatier he is.
He is comparable to Yujiro in strenght yes. Also haven't read Dou actually because I kinda didn't like the introdutction of so many new top tiers and also how slow the updates were. Might catch up to it eventually.

Also would you like to give your stance on the earthquake feat and the Hitless Blow?

Like I said above they have never detonated a nuke on Yujiro so they don't know for sure

That kills any nuke scaling we possibly had for Yujiro

Being above the military can be interpreted in a million different ways, not all require nuclear tier durability, hell 8-C would be enough to be immune to basically all conventional weapons but I'm not suggesting that

The feat we already have is 7-C which is still in line with Yujiro being compared to a nuke by Obama

I think we should just go back to the old rating with a "Possibly far higher" slapped onto it

Like I said above they have never detonated a nuke on Yujiro so they don't know for sure

Being above the military can be interpreted in a million different ways, not all require nuclear tier durability, hell 8-C would be enough to be immune to basically all conventional weapons but I'm not suggesting that

The feat we already have is 7-C which is still in line with Yujiro being compared to a nuke by Obama

I think we should just go back to the old rating with a "Possibly far higher" slapped onto it
The old rating is based on the quake punch right?

iirc yujiro does have an anti feat, but that antifeat is him being slightly harmed by bullets iirc, which would be an antifeat for most of the series

yeah this

Thanks yeah I agree with this.
iirc yujiro does have an anti feat, but that antifeat is him being slightly harmed by bullets iirc, which would be an antifeat for most of the series

With how much damage bullets seem to do to everyone in manga it's not even an antifeat. Like I was impressed that they showed Pickle treating a gun like a mosquito bite.

I think an example of this is the elephant scene. Where Yujiro can be beyond a nation's military without being beyond the effects of a nuclear weapon.

I think an example of this is the elephant scene. Where Yujiro can be beyond a nation's military without being beyond the effects of a nuclear weapon.
That would be ok...but nuclear weapon's are stated multiple times so everyone seems to take them into account.

The more important thing I want to focus on is that ignoring the earthquake feat just doesn't make sense, since that is the primary grounding here

Bump? Also should any statements from the Retsu isekai be taken into account? Retsu constantly draws pararrels and in the latest chapter it seems like he just met his teacher as a skeleton who will tell him why he is there if he beats him. I personally see no reason not to accept them. Though I also don't know if anything interesting would come of it.

Last edited:
I mean the Retsu Isekai would only scale to him since he's dead post-Dou.

I mean the Retsu Isekai would only scale to him since he's dead post-Dou.
What about him comparing stuff to earlier people? Seems like this is just retsu regaining his body after Musashi meaning his power isn't really different so characters who were piers to him before should still scale except if stated otherwise. Here it's pretty obvious that he is comparing this ogre to Yujiro due to the common name and he notes that while it was an interesting opponent it's nowhere close to Yujiro in technigues or power which he just stated. It would be like Retsu keeping all his gains up until Musashi and remaking his body. As for the feats of the Ogre here is his most powerful move which is similar to Pickle's tackle. Retsu didn't take that on he just redirected the movement like Baki did with Pickle by punching the Ogre. That's what he himself says. Though he would somewhat have to match this power himself? Due to all that I feel strongly feats should scale if we have no reason to assume the opposite and because even his teacher from the original manga came this isn't something completely irrelevant but something similar to Hanayama's past tales despite the differences in setting.

Also here is someone connected to Retsu appearing.

Last edited:
The earthquake feat with nuke as support, but that would be the idea

Nothing even close to 7-C, Imao.

I still think stopping a natural earthquake is physically impossible without affecting the tectonic plate itself, or breaking the law of physics...

A small reminder that the 7-C result is just the radiated waves from the earthquake itself, and that Yujiro would still need to cause 7-C environmental destruction in some way to actually cause a 7-C radiated earthquake.

But a mere 7-C strike wouldn't affect the main source of the earthquake at all, so if people want to keep scaling him to the earthquake even though the whole verse has no feats that can even break into 8-B+, why not go full nuts and scale him to the full power of the earthquake? At least that way you would be honest that you don't really care about consistency, and would actually index this feat as it should be.

I still think stopping a natural earthquake is physically impossible without affecting the tectonic plate itself, or breaking the law of physics...
We explicitly ignore physical impossibility with calculations to begin with (save them directly contradicting the formulas we're using to get the energy, like an explosion causing nowhere near the damage it should over a wide enough radius) like conservation of energy or friction or whatever else haveyou
But a mere 7-C strike wouldn't affect the main source of the earthquake at all
I'm not sure I get why it needs to affect the source to just cancel out the energy present in the area he's actually in. Like, yes it doesn't physically make a lot of sense, but he does punch and cancel out the energy of an earthquake in the area around him, so that's how it should be treated
even though the whole verse has no feats that can even break into 8-B+
Every single Tier 8 feat was entirely casual or something that was done by someone weaker than Yujiro, so I don't really get this. Again, an outlier is "an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power", not just a feat being high.

I for one am in support of the feat being used. No showcase of strenght by yujiro visibly tired him besides fighting other characters. But I understand why some people believe we shouldn't use it.

Yujiro's feat makes no sense and leaves behind a devastation that is barely worth 9-B. Even if we take it into account, we will get a result of 7-A, which is a complete outlier, given that in the same time period, Yujiro was hit with a dart, and the characters are pierced by knives and bullets.

Pickle's feat was calculated as 8-B (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Anime_Facts/Pickle_durability), but we don't have any evidence that he was hit by a shockwave. He was frozen in place, right in the air.

Claims about a nuclear bomb are worthless, because they are not confirmed by anything

Yujiro's feat makes no sense and leaves behind a devastation that is barely worth 9-B. Even if we take it into account, we will get a result of 7-A, which is a complete outlier, given that in the same time period, Yujiro was hit with a dart, and the characters are pierced by knives and bullets.

Pickle's feat was calculated as 8-B (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Anime_Facts/Pickle_durability), but we don't have any evidence that he was hit by a shockwave. He was frozen in place, right in the air.

Claims about a nuclear bomb are worthless, because they are not confirmed by anything

The dart thing is one of the most famous anti-feats in manga due to how ridiculous it is. Also what do we care about other people being cut by knives and bullets? Beyond the fact that bullets are known as a common anti-feat in fiction and both Oliva and Pickle don't give a shit about them and people with knives can only cut top-tiers when they themselves are really strong. I mean a sword couldn't even pierce Oliva's chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back