• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki verse downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how the fact that he didn't hit the wall changes that he wouldn't have achieved that result with one punch.
He would if he touched the wall, i think we can agree that his attacks are vastly superior to the air moved by them, even if he gave one thousand of them, especially considering he never shows to have any shockwave power.

You are calculating the power of the air moved by Retsu instead of calculating Retsu's power itself.

He would if he touched the wall, i think we can agree that his attacks are vastly superior to the air moved by them, even if he gave one thousand of them, especially considering he never shows to have any shockwave power.

You are calculating the power of the air moved by Retsu instead of calculating Retsu's power itself.
As far as I remember, his fist never touched the wall.

As far as I remember, his fist never touched the wall.
Exactly, but if you divide his feat by the ammount of times he didn't hit the wall you are basically saying that the air moved by 14 of his attacks is stronger that an actual attack of his, which is completely ridicolous, unless he have the ability to attack using shockwaves which he never shows.

The rock was not fragmented. It was broken in two.
I discussed with a member of the calculation group, he told me that in this case, it should be calculated as if the rock had been sliced by a blade that would have the thickness of the side of Kehaya's foot. Even through he wasn't sure due to the unevenness of the crack.
The same method could probably be used for Retsu's obsidian, (I suppose)
I'll get on this tomorrow

To say that a single blow would have had the same effect on the wall is arbitrary, I was not sure whether to divide by 14 or 18 already.
Dividing the result is the only way it can be calculated. Even if it is a big low-ball. Plus Retsu has better feats where you can see directly what he can do by hitting an object. And it's not 14-18 times better. There are too many things that get in the way of just removing the division.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it isn't, what i'm saying is that a single blow should upscale from the air moved by his fists so he should logically fully scale to 78kg
So the wall was broken not by 1 blow of air, but by 16

Actually it's not that important. The damage to the wall was caused by multiple shockwaves, not just one.
He's saying that the shockwaves retsu did are logically far below what he could do with a single actual blow that would have hit the wall and that the result isn't actually representative of his strength.

I'm not saying it isn't, what i'm saying is that a single blow should upscale from the air moved by his fists so he should logically fully scale to 78kg
His actual strength is above that divided result, sure, but we can't decide his 14 hits are as strong as if he actually landed one, he could be 2, 10, 100 times stronger than that as well. That's what's arbitrary and make it uncalcable.
We'd better look at the feats he did while actually hitting something to know his strength rather than deducing things without proper informations.

Last edited:
His actual strength is above that divided result, sure, but we can't decide his 14 hits are as strong as if he actually landed one, he could be 2, 10, 100 times stronger than that as well. That's what's arbitrary and make it uncalcable.
We'd better look at the feats he did while actually hitting something to know his strength rather than deducing things without proper informations.
Then that calc can't be used because of ambiguity and probably Spec's one can't either since there's no solid way to firmly know how much blows he gave.

Retsu's obsidian feat has been calculated as 9-A+ for the lowest end, we should use that one instead.

Last edited:
Then that calc can't be used because of ambiguity and probably Spec's one can't either since there's no solid way to firmly know how much blows he gave.
Oh, don't be like that. This calc can be used, it's just a big low-ball, if you really want to highlight how much of a lowball it is, say Retsu is At least 9-A and problem solved.
And I calculated the spec feat just below using his rush in the anime precisely.
I know we're short on 8-C, but don't try to force an impossible calculation just to get a result.

Retsu's obsidian feat has been calculated as 9-A+ for the lowest end, we should use that one instead.
Oh, nice, where is it?
If it's close enough to 8-C, we could upscale the likes of Doppo and post-bone extension Jack.

If it's close enough to 8-C, we could upscale the likes of Doppo and post-bone extension Jack.
Its ~211.94kg< most NGB characters upscales, but NGBJack Scales to High 8-C since Retsu states that he's 10 times stronger, 211.94kg × 10 = 2.1194tons, Doppo is likely 8-C+

Also everybody would get 9-A anyways since endorphins have a canon multiplier of 2×

Oh, nice, where is it?
Ok so in Grappler Baki chapter 291 is mentioned that Retsu’s strike stone was made of Obsidian instead of stone.
Then, in chapter 328, is explained that he broke it.

We don’t know how Retsu broke it anyways so I’ll use the thickness of the broke part itself.
Since Obsidian breaking thickness it’s irregular, I have 3 ideas of how to calc it.
One is use the lowest thickness part for a low end.
The second one is dividing it in three parts like if it was cut three times with sword of different thickness.
The third one is assuming the high part was fragmented since we can see some fragmented parts of obsidian in the floor.

Head: 72.9px (22.667cm) (Average human head)
Obsidian: 968px (300.1cm)
Obsidian Area: 7.073 (m)2
Obsidian tensile strength is 391.667MPa
Obsidian shear strength is 235MPa, or 235,000,000N/m2

End 1: Three cuts
Obsidian break A: 267px (83.018cm) thickness, 407px(126.548cm) diameter
Obsidian break B: 92px (28.605cm) thickness, 82px (25.497cm) diameter
Obsidian break C: 104px (33.336cm) thickness, 347px (107.892cm) diameter

End 2: Cut + fragmentation
Obsidian fragmentation: 267px (83.018cm) thickness, 157.572cm radius
Obsidian small break: 110px (34.202cm) thickness, 435px (135.254cm) diameter

End 3: Single cut
Obsidian Break: 65px (20.21cm) thickness, 849px (263.978cm) diameter

|Calculating Ends|
Obsidian break A: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.83018m * 1.26548m = 1,746,220,461.105692J
Obsidian break B: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.28605m * 0.25497m = 121,227,892.8431175J
Obsidian break C: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.33336m * 1.07892m = 597,825,246.3939366J
Obsidian fragmentation: (39,001.2cm2*83.018cm) * 391.667J/cc = 1,268,140,047.7272072J
Obsidian Small Break: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000 * 0.34202 * 1.35254 = 768,905,806.927874J
Obsidian break: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.2021 * 2.63978m = 886.758.924,58439J
Results:
End 1 (Three cuts): 2,465,273,600.3427455J, or ~589.214kg (Building level)
End 2 (Cut + fragmentation): 2,037,045,854.6550812J, or ~486.866kg (Building level)
End 3 (Single cut): 886.758.924,58439J or ~211.94kg (Small Building level+)

I calculated but didn't publicated it yet

Also everybody would get 9-A anyways since endorphins have a canon multiplier of 2×
Hanayama is not a reliable source. He's a normal 15 years old kid, we're not in dbz, don't take that kind of thing so seriously.
The best we can get from his statement is that endorphins make Baki stronger.

End 2 (Cut + fragmentation): 2,037,045,854.6550812J, or ~486.866kg (Building level)
The second end seems the best to me ^^

Hanayama is not a reliable source. He's a normal 15 years old kid
I don't know why Itagaki would put such an explicit statement if You are not supposed to take it seriously.

Also "this is not DBZ" is not really an argument since Baki characters shows the ability to feel presences and auras multiple times and even identify who is based on that, i don't see why we should not take it (considering this statement is already part of the 13yo Baki profile)

I don't know why Itagaki would put such an explicit statement if You are not supposed to take it seriously.
Because we are not in a context where we deal with characters able to determine that as precisely as in any other shonen. We're dealing with humans, and in Hana's case, with a 15 years old kid who is absolutely totally normal outside of his strength, know no martial art, is bad at math, have a bad writing, etc.
The only character I would be willing to use as a reference for this kind of multipliers would be Yujiro, at the very least.

i don't see why we should not take it (considering this statement is already part of the 13yo Baki profile)
Yes, but we're not doing CRTs to keep a statu quo.

Because we are not in a context where we deal with characters able to determine that as precisely as in any other shonen. We're dealing with humans, and in Hana's case, with a 15 years old kid who is absolutely totally normal outside of his strength, know no martial art, is bad at math, have a bad writing, etc.
Baki humans are way too different compared to normal ones, and i'm not talking exclusively about power, all you need to do is see how they "feel" other characters powers, at the beginning of NGB is said that criminals "feel" Baki's power and thus they are terrified even if they never saw him fighting.

Baki humans shows multiple times this kind of abilities.

Have you reached any conclusions here?
I have almost all feats i wanted calculated already (there's only 2 left), all i need to do is make a blog with all of them.

About PS, i'll make a thread about multipliers tomorrow or maybe on a few days.

After all that done there's just a CRT about PS dividing characters in 10 Tiers so i'm almost done with AP, after that Speed follows which is a bit more tricky.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

I think that @Sir_Ovens objected earlier though...
Yes, but he doesn't respond anymore, anyways there will be new CRTs dedicated exclusively to Bakiverse scaling, this one is just me and the boys looking for feats and ideas.
Is the Endorphins multiplier not real?
Is real since Baki characters have been consistently shown to be able to feel someone else power.

Ok so in Grappler Baki chapter 291 is mentioned that Retsu’s strike stone was made of Obsidian instead of stone.
Then, in chapter 328, is explained that he broke it.

We don’t know how Retsu broke it anyways so I’ll use the thickness of the broke part itself.
Since Obsidian breaking thickness it’s irregular, I have 3 ideas of how to calc it.
One is use the lowest thickness part for a low end.
The second one is dividing it in three parts like if it was cut three times with sword of different thickness.
The third one is assuming the high part was fragmented since we can see some fragmented parts of obsidian in the floor.

Head: 72.9px (22.667cm) (Average human head)
Obsidian: 968px (300.1cm)
Obsidian Area: 7.073 (m)2
Obsidian tensile strength is 391.667MPa
Obsidian shear strength is 235MPa, or 235,000,000N/m2

Obsidian break A: 267px (83.018cm) thickness, 407px(126.548cm) diameter
Obsidian break B: 92px (28.605cm) thickness, 82px (25.497cm) diameter
Obsidian break C: 104px (33.336cm) thickness, 347px (107.892cm) diameter

Obsidian fragmentation: 267px (83.018cm) thickness, 157.572cm radius
Obsidian small break: 110px (34.202cm) thickness, 435px (135.254cm) diameter

Obsidian Break: 65px (20.21cm) thickness, 849px (263.978cm) diameter

|Calculating Ends|
Obsidian break A: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.83018m * 1.26548m = 1,746,220,461.105692J
Obsidian break B: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.28605m * 0.25497m = 121,227,892.8431175J
Obsidian break C: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.33336m * 1.07892m = 597,825,246.3939366J
Obsidian fragmentation: (39,001.2cm2*83.018cm) * 391.667J/cc = 1,268,140,047.7272072J
Obsidian Small Break: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000 * 0.34202 * 1.35254 = 768,905,806.927874J
Obsidian break: 7.073 (m)2 * 235,000,000n/m2 * 0.2021 * 2.63978m = 886.758.924,58439J
Results:

I calculated but didn't publicated it yet

I have a better Idea

Since the big and little cut are right in the middle you could treat both of the as really ****** up Half-elliptical cylinders and use the fragmentation value for that

I believe this would be more accurate

But you would have to use the average width on each of the two cracks

I have a better Idea

Since the big and little cut are right in the middle you could treat both of the as really ****** up Half-elliptical cylinders and use the fragmentation value for that

I believe this would be more accurate

But you would have to use the average width on each of the two cracks
I tried that before and the difference between that and the middle end was not that big, but feel free to do your own version.
Also I believe Nomi no Sukune 2 causing earthquakes with his stomps should be calced as well
I tried but calculating Tokugawa's mansion weight is such a hell, Yujiro got a similar feat in the Maximum Tournament shaking the whole Tokyo Dome and i calculated it around 8-C+, so i think it doesn't really worth the trouble.

I tried that before and the difference between that and the middle end was not that big, but feel free to do your own version.
k
I tried but calculating Tokugawa's mansion weight is such a hell, Yujiro got a similar feat in the Maximum Tournament shaking the whole Tokyo Dome and i calculated it around 8-C+, so i think it doesn't really worth the trouble.
Consistency is constancy

Also if we plan on giving Yujiro actual keys instead of just assuming he's always been this strong then this needs to be done

k

Consistency is constancy

Also if we plan on giving Yujiro actual keys instead of just assuming he's always been this strong then this needs to be done
I did

Debut Yujiro is Building since is comparable to Doppo which is comparable to Jack.
Maximum Tournament is Building+ and i already explained why.
NGB one is CB because he upscales from Oliva.
SoO is at least CB.
And Dou I and II scales massively above that because of Musashi scaling.

I did

Debut Yujiro is Building since is comparable to Doppo which is comparable to Jack.
Maximum Tournament is Building+ and i already explained why.
NGB one is CB because he upscales from Oliva.
SoO is at least CB.
And Dou I and II scales massively above that because of Musashi scaling.
Cool

Bought time Yujiro actually gets stronger throughout the series

Baki humans are way too different compared to normal ones, and i'm not talking exclusively about power, all you need to do is see how they "feel" other characters powers, at the beginning of NGB is said that criminals "feel" Baki's power and thus they are terrified even if they never saw him fighting.

Baki humans shows multiple times this kind of abilities.
Some bullies and Baki's entire classroom were afraid of Baki too, although they are not fighters and didn't know about his strength. Intuition, feeling something is dangerous or fearsome, seeing a power up in hana's case doesn't means you can straight up give power levels multipliers. And even less hanayama at 15 years old for the reasons I mentionned above. None of this was established at that time, only Yujiro and Doppo were stated by Motobe to be "good enough" to feel auras. And the only thing they could do with it was to know when their opponent entered their action zone.

Is real since Baki characters have been consistently shown to be able to feel someone else power.
Even if it meant they could give precise power levels, the question is not if Baki's characters are capables of it but if 15 years old hanayama is capable of it. He's the only one that matter here.

Yujiro got a similar feat in the Maximum Tournament shaking the whole Tokyo Dome
Huh? Didn't he just cut a floor in front of Retsu?
If this is Garland, we have nothing to support that he shook the entire tokyo dome. The only reaction we have is from people already in the underground.

Also, finally, someone adress the problem of Yujiro not having multiple keys.

Careful, Youngjiro was already superior to Ali in his prime who is comparable to top maximum tournament fighters.

I have the feeling that everything is evolving for the better right now.

Last edited:
The question is not if Baki's characters are capables of it but if 15 years old hanayama is capable of it. He's the only one that matter here.
If some normal kids can feel Baki's power without seeing him fight not even once i don't know why Hanayama won't be able to after fighting him twice, you have to prove me why Hanayama won't be able to considering normal humans can feel other characters power (This is probably the reason why they are terrified of Yujiro's aura rather than something Yujiro himself triggers)
Huh? Didn't he just cut a floor in front of Retsu?
If this is Garland, we have nothing to support that he shook the entire tokyo dome. The only reaction we have is from people already in the underground.
Nope, when he was about to fight against everyone in the Maximum Tournament he shook the place, there's nothing indicating he shakes the whole Tokyo Dome but is more simple to calculate.

Guys i just ask to KLOL and we can calculate Katsumi's Sonic Boom as an explosion using a pressure of 5psi

K just got up to the latest chapters and we got one of the greatest speed feats in the entire series just now.

I went with a lowball and everything and still got results around Mach 5

For those who don't know Yujiro redirects a harpoon arrow with his finger

Also we definitely need a translator on this because right before hand it was talking about projectiles and mentioned Mach 5 for a speed value
So if that holds true we might get High Hypersonic+ back for real this time

Working on a calc as we speak

K just got up to the latest chapters and we got one of the greatest speed feats in the entire series just now.

I went with a lowball and everything and still got results around Mach 5

For those who don't know Yujiro redirects a harpoon arrow with his finger

Also we definitely need a translator on this because right before hand it was talking about projectiles and mentioned Mach 5 for a speed value
So if that holds true we might get High Hypersonic+ back for real this time

Working on a calc as we speak

The High Hypersonic+ mention is a bad traduction.

BUT this may confirm Yujiro has grown massively faster and stronger for Dou 2 (which makes sense considering how muscular he looks) and create a new Key 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back