• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Musashi Miyamoto speed revision

— Introduction​

Minor update for Musashi Miyamoto and some other fighters from Baki

—Speed​

At this feat, Musashi cutz several bullets while swinging his katana, a feat that was calculated here and is rated supersonic+ - hypersonic+ only applies to the fastest characters in the verse

—The scaling of the verse​

Yujiro Hanma (Blitzing Musashi)
Hanma Baki (no blitz as such in the battle, but he is comparable to Yujiro in speed)
Retsu Kayoh (held up well against Musashi in their fight)
Pickle(managed to bite him in their direct confrontation and could hit him)
Doppo Orochi(reacted and blocked three lunges by Musashi)

Fighters like Motobe Izo and Shibukawa Goki can't spread these values, because musashi wasn't serious against them, which was confirmed in the manga

Agree: Shmeatywerbenmanjenson
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
The verse should already be as Supersonic, but nobody was interested in changing this in the profiles.

And since Low End was accepted, then the strongest will become Supersonic+ (Rei fodder)

Update: I found a problem with the calc that negs the result bit

You treated it the time he move his sword to complete his arc as the time it took the bullets to get in range of his sword. When in reality it should be the time it takes the bullets to reach his outstretched arm length since that's the farthest it could go while him still being able to cut all three balls.
Basically use the length of his sword to find the timeframe instead
You would also need to subtract the length of the handle for the sword

Last edited:
You treated it the time he move his sword to complete his arc as the time it took the bullets to get in range of his sword. When in reality it should be the time it takes the bullets to reach his outstretched arm length since that's the farthest it could go while him still being able to cut all three balls.
Yes, that makes sense, but I don't understand why the hilt should be subtracted, since the hilt itself is farther away from the Musashi anyway.

Update: I found a problem with the calc that negs the result bit

Do I need to take a sword + hand for the radius of the circle (arc) or take a sword only?

Do I need to take a sword + hand for the radius of the circle (arc) or take a sword only?
Sword only, or at least the part after where his hand grips since he's not swing it with the tip of his fingers but instead making an arc with whats in front of his grip
Yes, that makes sense, but I don't understand why the hilt should be subtracted, since the hilt itself is farther away from the Musashi anyway.
Because you can't cut stuff with the hilt

The only time he could have cut the balls was when the where within the distance of his swords cutting edge

This makes it faster than using the edge plus hilt btw

Sword only, or at least the part after where his hand grips since he's not swing it with the tip of his fingers but instead making an arc with whats in front of his grip

The only time he could have cut the balls was when the where within the distance of his swords cutting edge

Does this change make sense, if I redo the calculation, will I have to send it to someone from the calc group?

After doing a rough calculation I got a subsonic+, I think this seems like a good value

It should be this

Length of Musashi's blade: 102 cm

JUm3dCQ.jpg

Length of just the cutting edge: 102/481.14 *311 = 65.93091408 cm

Timeframe: .6593091408/60 =0.01098848568 seconds

Musashi's speed: 6.7606/ 0.01098848568 = 615.2440106 m/s or Mach 1.7 (Supersonic)

Ynow what?

Might as well turn this into a full blow speed revision thread

I already got the Okay last thread to downgrade everyone in the verse to Supersonic

Might as well take this thread as an opportunity to determine exactly where in supersonic they'll sit

I'll be posting some relevant calcs here in a sec

Ynow what?

Might as well turn this into a full blow speed revision thread

I already got the Okay last thread to downgrade everyone in the verse to Supersonic

Might as well take this thread as an opportunity to determine exactly where in supersonic they'll sit

I'll be posting some relevant calcs here in a sec
9a1d0a3e81e31db3489d7a6624e9769e.jpg

I have two questions: Why did the value of the lightning feat become so low? and where does the confirmation of Musashi's reaction speed come from?
Thats the average lightning speed we have on our page which is Mach 1200

Musashi's reaction speed comes from his clash against Yujiro

It says the clash itself took place in under .000??? Seconds but it's actually referring to his reaction after a translator came through

Back