• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Granblue Fantasy Discussion Thread

Its a illusion sadly
Magus's illusions were so potent that they felt real (See Unars village) but they are still illusions nothenless:

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Actually, it's probably Reality Warping too. It was Una's "illusions" that made them sealed in the first place. Also it's said that they are literally in another dimension.
No, they were sealed because of the Astrals. It was Unars "plot" to get them unsealed because this was her maingoal subconsciously.

Thats right, but within the context it meant that their mind were transported to Magus's world. There was a scene were Danchou was hit by the light and his "Subconsciousness" slipped. And time not flowing in that world is normal because its Magus's illusion, he has controll over that illusion and how people perceive it.

That i can get behind. Is Marduks event in the side storys now i wonder, might want to replay that too. Magus's power should be added to the summon abilities of Danchou, like all other summon abilities that fulfill the condition

I also looked for Celeste and might be able to add these.

Immortality (Type 4 and 5) and Necromancy (Capable of summoning Celeste, who can rob people of their deaths within its vicinity, thus become deathless and constantly resurrects upon defeat and turning them to zombies or ghosts) and Duplication (Can summon Marduk who can forcibly copy another person)

im kinda curious how would celeste death stealing works against people who adds death to things.

Also i found another good scaling feat for izmir and prolly danchou and sarasa poachers day chapter 4 episode 2 scene 1-2

Izmir freezing a ocean seafloor, Danchou and sarasa pulling the frozen beach to catch shellfish and water critters.

it was mentioned earlier in the story that Benthic island was rented for them alone as gift by Arma.

So for the size of the beach we could assume the the entire beach from one side of the island So far an island needs to be 5 hectare to be called an island/isle according to wikipedia.

the beach in question is a private beach so its safe to assume its pretty secluded from public beaches and islands

I'll try requesting calc for this

Meanwhile i'm hyped for the GBFV instead, we got some new and weird shit like RPG mode and the bosses fight, also Io and Eugen(?) are appear in the cutscene, dunno if they are confirmed playable.

Also new information about GBFV:

- We get at least 11 characters and 5 characters for season pass

- Release Date: February 6 2020

For the idiots who doesn't know recent Arcys tasks they see this as unacceptable and disgusting/greedy move yet they ignoring the fact Arcys have so many projects everywhere like BBTAG new DLC, UNIBL sequel, and DBFZ DLC, peoples need to know this before saying like "hurr durr the developer being greedy, this game move is disgusting" or they looked like a idiots

Meanwhile for the peoples who smart enough and tolerance, 11 characters seems underatandable so the game can be balanced until new characters added in roster, and this is Cygames who we know, they have at least good move for do it.

Sorry for rant but these idiots really make me feels annoyed.

@witch you forgot the resistances we gave. Also shouldn't Danchou get Acausality, probably Type 4, since he's a singularity, and singularity can change the future of the world at will by their own actions or something?

Also Danchou should also get resistance to Corruption. Seraphic weapons will no longer make someone a human yet Danchou can endure wielding it. Like what Belial said to his weapon.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
@witch you forgot the resistances we gave. Also shouldn't Danchou get Acausality, probably Type 4, since he's a singularity, and singularity can change the future of the world at will by their own actions or something?
I didnt, i just wait for us to get everything together, because i later on need to clean it up a bit.

For now, the whole Singularity deal is too vague to get anything pin pointed. Beelzebub was one too and he had like 2 whole fights without any showings in that regard. It may be reacitve power levels though, considering that Danchou powered up in his fight against Lucilius and won. After Danchou got his ass beaten by the wastly weaker 8 wing Belial

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
Also Danchou should also get resistance to Corruption. Seraphic weapons will no longer make someone a human yet Danchou can endure wielding it. Like what Belial said to his weapon.
Is that from the skin quest line? Im going to give it a read later

Velox, i think youre having a really broad definition of people "freaking out", the first link had nothing other than people anticipating the game.

And honestly, the people arent unfair about their opinion on this matter. This is a rather bold move, 11 fighters isnt much really. And i know all characters, there isnt much variety if they strictly stick to the popular characters. And if what you are saying is true then Arc System isnt the victim of hate here. If you have too much on your pallete then dont shove more food onto it.

I frankly dont care much about the game. It will be prolly a fighter i play locally with friends together with other fighters like Arcane Hearts and Smash, so i dont really care what they gonna do with the game. But announcing from the get go that there will be season passes in 2019 is a sign of greed, find it stupid or not. You can blame puplishers like EA and all that satan spawn for that. And dont forget that Cygames is behind the game. Newcomers will be warry of them because of them being a mobile game developer (Even if they produce god tier mobile games)

GBVS will definily not "flopp". Japans fanbase is way too strong for that, they will buy everything GBF related because the IP is that strong there. But dont expect crazy tournaments here in the west, without Cygames activily sponsoring them. As it stands now, it depends too heavily on it being a Granblue Fantasy game, not being a good fighting game

Screw that, actual critisism or not it just make a franchise series looked down and as fans who connected to it, its really hurt

Also how do you call it actual critisism in that two link i give above? Some of the post there are just straight rude comments. And they being breedy because a projects need money so why people complaining this shit?

The problem here lies in how much they are doing at once. Arc System has apperently billions of other projects, but why are they all doing it at once? And why are they doing DLC's right at the beginning of the game? They could have easily buckelt up those 5 characters at the beginning and raise the initial buying price of the main game. Sure, Cygames might be the Boogeyman in this whole thing (I sadly woudnt put it beyond them as a fast growing company, they are copying too much from shitty western puplishers). It still dosnt change the fact that this is basically a sign saying "Yeah, we have no hope that this game will pay off, so better prepare for the worst".

And even if this is all hysteria, this game will absolutly bomb and be Arcs highest selling game and everyone and their mother loves it, it still dosnt invalid peoples fear and critizism. Its 2019 and all companies youre used to ARE greedy bastards who dosnt care about the player at all outside of his wallet. Companys who are filling their games to the brim with scumbag tactics, giving a crap about their playerbase. And as much as you want to deny it, this IS a move one of those scumbag companys would pull off, regardless of how great Arcsys is as a company. People have the right to be warry, and if you want to blame soneone, blame those companys who created this very atmosphere of distrust and exploitation

I don't give a bullcrap about that first paragraph

And blaming the companys are bad because why? Because not every companys are perfect, blaming them are not always solve anything, they have their reasoning why they being greedy AF and the others stuff i don't want to bring because now i'm near in explode

See, this is the biggest problem here. Dont go ranting over other people but duck back by the slightest signs of resistance. I gave you a logical and reasonable reason as to why people are upset over this. If you dont give a crap then dont ask. This is not how you discuss things and youre not a small bit better than people who mindlessly hate stuff. If you cant handle the truth then dont ask for it, plain simple

Secondly, you missed the point by a mile. A company can do their best to earn the maximum amount of money, that is totally fine. But your poor poor companys (Most of them earnining millions of money btw) are doing it on the expense of the consumer. I dont care if youre ok with being treated like a cash cow who barely gets quality but still get sucked dry and i dont care if you allow those poor poor companys to step on you because you believe they have their reasons. Because, guess what, there is a reason behind every crime too. They may have good reasons but this dosnt excuse it from being a crime.

So if youre that gullible over a discussion then quiet frankly, dont start one. Keep your emotions out of your world view and realise in what kind of enviroment you are

So you're saying i'm a delusional!? And you can't stop me to rant and start a discussion even it hurt me because why? This is my right to ask/start a discussion

Arcys despite big name is not a big company, so of course they need more money, but using season pass as crime? Yeah then count their projects as crime too

I don't care, i will continue with this

A crackling roar splits the sky as the meteor bears down on him from above.

Realizing that he won't be able to flee in time, he closes his eyes and begins to prepare himself.

Tyke

The master seems to materialize out of thin air, and he hurtles toward the young man at a speed greater than the meteor.

He grabs the young man, hurries out of the meteor's trajectory, and then dives onto the ground.

The impact of the meteor-turned-meteorite booms out behind the two, and explosive winds stir up an all-enshrouding cloud of dust.

Ghandagoza saving Tyke about to get hit by a meteor

according to wiki Meteors enters atmosphere at the speed 45,000 mph. sounds like low-end hypersonic+ or high-end high hypersonic.

also working on Ghanda profile cause many feats to support him

Also they mentioned that meteor can blast through mountains and change landscape. so these small meteors before the big one are apparently are large enough to destroy mountains in the island. and he later tanked one of it after failing to destroy the first meteor aimed at him

Veloxt, stop it, he's relatively new to how the culture within FGC works, give him a break.

So he's complaining about season 1 pass, huh. As massive FGC and ASW fan myself, you're surprisingly getting longer end of the stick. Because 5 characters are way less than something like 25 characters in TAG or just constant rerelease of same game like GGXX. And even then TAG and GG are way more worth the price than Capcom FGs like Street Fighter or MvC, it's pretty sweet deal. Not to mention they're way more fun to see and has way more thing to bite with because of extremely unique game mechanics and archetypes that are used to other FGs to this day like random drop or frame trap characters, they also pioneered the AFG genre, which is more than enough evidence that you're getting quality stuff. They aren't Satan like EA, they're one of the best Anime games publishers around the market.

The reason why not just ASW but also the entirety of FGC (yes the entirety of fighting game community) is doing season pass, even in the first season is because they need money to support the tournaments and themselves because FGC is pretty underground though I admit some of them are pretty annoying like SFV and start of TAG. Imagine if you don't have EVO this year, it's living nightmare. Same with Combo Breaker. And Aniclash. You need tournaments because the main meat of your game isn't the game itself, it's the tournaments that comes from the game. And you sure will lose your audience and your game will eventually rot if there's no tournaments, hell, one of the reason why MvCI is dead. Some games are alive literally because of money, the SFV world tour and SF are alive because of the prize, everybody won't give a shit when they'll not get money because the game's meta ******* sucks. Everyone's ******* unga bunga.

Game without season pass will also die pretty quickly because people aren't getting new stuff. Am I right Melty Blood?

And I don't get that why it isn't worth it, even after all that. One of the main appeal of FGC is that you can play it forever once you bought it, you can play it for months and still you're a scrub, you need years to get good and eventually become a celebrity within FGC if you have a chance, so the amount of investment you can give is extremely long, with constantly changing meta after decades even without patch. 11 characters are many if you count them by what will be their playstyle, you can get a great meta with only 5 or even pretty generous, 8.

And not being a "good fighting game" is false I would say when I looked at the gameplay. Though the gameplay is pretty old school, it's pretty sweet, neutral based gameplay that will be the rival of Under Night In-Birth.

Finally, Arc Sys aren't greedy, they give every franchise of theirs a chance, even if they're flopped like XBlaze and other VNs, and they're top quality. Better than SNK, Capcom or Bandai. They're one of the most creative FGC companies around, if not the best. Season pass is just necessary to keep the game float, that's why GG isn't in the line-up this year, where's the new DLC or rerelease ArcSys!?

TheGreatJedi13

That cool speed feats......but then again he has much better speed fest to scale too soooooooooo

there could be more scaling for other characters but since Ghandagoza is more on the strength type it shouldn't be unrealistic for him to be slower since his punch is tremendous to outweigh lack of speed. that one should be at fighting speed while his reaction speed should be a lot more higher

so far this one is relying mostly on feats without scaling since i'll be using him as a top scale for other character like feather, soriz, randall and some other people.

@Gin

Thankfully i'm cool now.

Also less characters at the start, the good balance for it, KLK:IF are the perfect example of it, yeah different sub-genre but at least this game show that you can beat everyone with everyone

Unless they buffing Ferry in release gahahaha

TheGreatJedi13 said:
Well yes but actually no.

In event A Thousand Reasons

Oldman can easily keep up with danchou and make a mess out of him and the fight only end because Oldman step out of the ring himself (tho Danchou not really got serious yet but it should be note that Danchou are still atleast scale to people like Albert even without buff from summon)

@Shrio

Thanks for the indeph information, i appreciate it. But youre telling that the wrong person. As i said before, i dont really care wether the game flopps or wether the game outsells Smash Ultimate, this is none of my concerns. I simply adressed why people (Who are obviously not me) are concerned and believe for this to be a bad move on ArcSys side. And considering that you could whipp out that information because youre long time fan of the genre just cement why its logical that people are concerned. The Gbf community will consider the game because of the IP, not many of them have actice ArcSys experience. So seeing something like a season pass from the get go naturally makes them nervous.

@Velox

Yes, i cant tell you shit, obviously. But do you know who can, indirectly? Staff members who think that your rage moments are too much and ban you. Remember for your own good why you got nearly banned multiple times. And remember for your own good who and how many bailed you out, under the pretense that you better yourself. So i will repeat myself. Dont start shit if you cant handle shit. Or do it if you dont care if you get banned or not. I sure as hell will not put my hand into the fire for you again if you cant handle that much

This is my last post regarding this topic. Take the advice or not, its non of my concerns

Back