• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The game has finally arrive, and for celebration let's all discussing it in this thread

Welcome everyone to the new golden age of fighting games, and after a long redemption, Street Fighter has finally set it step to the bigger leap and it payed very well
Discuss and chat everything here from the gameplay, tourney, characters, and most importanlty, indexing

And without any further talk, let's begin the thread!
l3bg7nmfPpPzam5jOVlaUFww.jpg

images

The aftermath animations have long since been considered unusable here on the wiki, and I just realized I never put an explanation note about them on the verse page. I talked about them in an old CRT, but I'll leave here a summary:

The Aftermaths were an early stage of promotional material but what they show has been later retold by the "Ties That Bind" movie which came out with the game and by the cutscenes within SF4 itself, such as Bison's resurrection or Viper's invastigation.
Those scenes are kinda confused, because they show a rather free adaptation of Alpha 3, saying it happened after SF2, when both sources coming before and after Aftermath confirm Alpha 3 occurred before, as the game itself also does, it's meant to be a prequel after all.
The base cast defeating Bison is a contradiction on multiple fronts, he's shown time and time again to be able to curbstop all of them, or to make short work of characters who can do that as well, such as Juri and Seth.
The final moments of Alpha 3 are muddy as well in canon, but SF4 and some more material tells us Bison was firstly knocked out by Evil Ryu, then finished off by Rose and some more characters involved.
Finally, Chun-Li exerting such levels of energy (the feat was Low 7-C) comes off as a huge contradiction both for feats (both of AP and Dura) shown by the characters and even statements as well, as Juri's 8-B levels of power shown in her OAV (which is canon for various reasons) are explicitly stated by Guile and Chun-Li to be terriyfing and beyon what a normal human should be capable of, thus cutting themselves out by default.

Hey there. I'm very sorry if this is not the right place for this, but, I was watching ClementJ64's video of Street Fighter's lore and characters, and about an hour 23 minutes in, he plays a clip from one of the Street Fighter 4 Aftermath animations.

In this clip, M.Bison has been cornered in combat by Chun-Li, Cammy, Ryu, Ken, and Guile. To avoid letting any of them land the final blow, M.Bison blows himself up, creating a large explosion that also moves away some clouds.

I'm not sure what this could be, output wise. I checked the pages of the 6 characters involved in this, and I don't think this is in any of them? It may not be relevant, but I felt it could potentially be, and wanted to share it with those who may care for it.

In short, the aftermath events says alpha 3 was after sf2 which isnt true and gets contradicted even more later, plus alpha era cast were way younger too compared to sf2

The consistency between characters isnt accurate and doesnt fit with their feats, Juri in the ova is considered above anyone not on Bison levels at the time, also feats have them lower overall

Clement video is good for the most part to explain all there is to SF in terms of verse and characters lore, but some stuff arent accurate, wrongs exist in it and for a vs standpoint its eh

Back