• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Akaza Making donut of someone stronger than him without proof is just NLF. Feel to send the scans for Akaza negging someone stronger than him otherwise I will take it as burden of proof.

Demon DNA gives immortality and regeneration not resistance to curse manipulation.

Built different ≠ he Resists it.
Yuji is also built different let's assume he can counter Akaza in everyway then?
Yeah but it also just changes their general genetic structure
you cant tell me this guy is human, bro looks like a whole ass alien
nTHr3rz.png

Unless you can explain how curse affliction works in a way that should apply to demons Idk if we can say it'll effect them just because it effects normal humans in jjk

Yeah but it also just changes their general genetic structure
you cant tell me this guy is human, bro looks like a whole ass alien
nTHr3rz.png

Unless you can explain how curse affliction works in a way that should apply to demons Idk if we can say it'll effect them just because it effects normal humans in jjk
It's already explained in the Curse Manipulation page. It affects beings who lacks Resistances.
Just because he is alien ≠ he has resistance to curses.
What you are claiming is just argument from incredulity.
Either remove that ability from curse manipulation page or just accept it affects character with no resistance. There is no in between without feats for DS characters resisting curses.

So basically this match boils down to Akaza possibly resisting Yuji’s curse hax, having better abilities (regen, Danmaku), and outskilling. Yuji has better AP and Dura but he’ll struggle to get lethal blows on Akaza.

Voting Akaza. He has much higher skill than Yuji, and a 2x AP difference feels like something he can work with. Keeping in mind that Akaza can regenerate but Yuji can't, I think he'd be able to win.

Well DS characters have no resistance to soul attacks so that could bypass regen. Still in terms of pure hand to hand Akaza should clear being able to take on Tanjiro and Giyuu who was basically a non factor to him. I’ll also vote Akaza
I'm pretty sure Yuji isn't directly boxing peoples souls all the time, for some reason it only applies against Mahito.

Honestly that curse manipulation for CE needs to be taken down. For one, despite being something serious it's barely stressed at all in the series. Two, going by how it's portrayed, CE users don't curse others simply by hitting them with CE. Using Maki as an example, she's taken attacks with CE, even from curses without being cursed and this version of her is supposed to have zero resistance to it

I agree with everyone here that Akaza is vastly more skilled than Yuji in h2h and likely beating him. Since both are h2h combatants, skill is crucial here.

I'm pretty sure Yuji isn't directly boxing peoples souls all the time, for some reason it only applies against Mahito.
Yeah Yuji can't consciously choose to hit the soul, its more that his attacks can hit the soul if needed (like with Mahito)

Honestly that curse manipulation for CE needs to be taken down. For one, despite being something serious it's barely stressed at all in the series. Two, going by how it's portrayed, CE users don't curse others simply by hitting them with CE. Using Maki as an example, she's taken attacks with CE, even from curses without being cursed and this version of her is supposed to have zero resistance to it
Thank god someone else gets it. I find it hard to say that a CE-infused punch would have the same effect as actually cursing someone. I do think CE users should keep Curse Manip though, because you can still do stuff like becoming a curse on others (as a vengeful spirit) or making your dying words impactful on a person (like with Nanami and Reggie, though idk how much this is actually an ability with energy as it is a narrative device)

If the consensus is that akaza cant resist curse affliction then how tf can he win? Voting yuji
He effortlessly avoids each and every one of Yuji's attempts to hit him. It's that simple, and we can tell he's capable of this by his performance against Tanjiro, a far more experienced and skilled fighter than Yuji could ever be. Akaza was sitting there combatting two people with skills exceeding most of Yuji's opponents to a ridiculous degree.

So yeah voting Yuji is just blatantly dismissing the insane skill gap Akaza has in this.

He effortlessly avoids each and every one of Yuji's attempts to hit him. It's that simple, and we can tell he's capable of this by his performance against Tanjiro, a far more experienced and skilled fighter than Yuji could ever be. Akaza was sitting there combatting two people with skills exceeding most of Yuji's opponents to a ridiculous degree.

So yeah voting Yuji is just blatantly dismissing the insane skill gap Akaza has in this.
Making contact with Yuji's CE will cause him to get sick and die, so punching his reinforced body should do the trick... Unless I'm missing something

Making contact with Yuji's CE will cause him to get sick and die, so punching his reinforced body should do the trick... Unless I'm missing something
Even if we take this to be true since it's on the profiles, CE has never been shown to do this mid combat which is what we're going with

Show me it negating regen as well. Otherwise Akaza just regens. And also small amounts of ce are not killing people, it has to be from actual wounds as we saw in vol 0.

Show me it negating regen as well. Otherwise Akaza just regens. And also small amounts of ce are not killing people, it has to be from actual wounds as we saw in vol 0.
I dont know, you should ask the other guy arguing for this specific win con. Alr then nvm voting for akaza 🗿

Back