• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Akaza VS Gyomei (7-2-2)

Gyomei have a red nichirin sword.
Okay? So? I've already discussed this in another thread. They cut off Kokushibo's head with a red blade and he still regenerated his head.

Akaza also resisted Regeneration Negation from Hinokami Kagura attacks. This is irrelevant. Hell, even Hantengu's clones comment it doesn't stop regeneration completely, It just slows it down. So if Hantengu can resist it, so can Akaza. On a much larger scale, infact.

Precognition is also among the abilities Akaza has.
While this is true, this just puts the match in Akaza's favor. Since both Precog and Instinctive Reaction make a great team.

I still haven't seen a debunk for Akaza's Weakness Detection and Enhanced Accuracy hits.

Akaza also resisted Regeneration Negation from Hinokami Kagura attacks. This is irrelevant. Hell, even Hantengu's clones comment it doesn't stop regeneration completely, It just slows it down. So if Hantengu can resist it, so can Akaza. On a much larger scale, infact.
red nichirin sword = hinokami kagura??? lol red nichirin sword and hinokami kagura are not the same thing.

Okay? So? I've already discussed this in another thread. They cut off Kokushibo's head with a red blade and he still regenerated his head.

I think that's a matter of potency since Kokushibo did die after seeing his reflection and getting attacked by Sanemi and Gyomei again and Giyu made a point of mentioning that Crimson Red Nichirin Blades won't work on Demon Tanjiro. There is also the fact that Yoriichi's red blade clearly works on demons like Kokushibo and Muzan, so a Crimson Red Nichirin Blade can clearly have an effect here if it is potent enough or the circumstances are favorable enough.

While this is true, this just puts the match in Akaza's favor. Since both Precog and Instinctive Reaction make a great team.

I still haven't seen a debunk for Akaza's Weakness Detection and Enhanced Accuracy hits.
I just wanted to point it out. It isn't supposed to be an argument for anything.

this shows kokushibo can regen red nichirin sword attacks.
And I gave proof why Akaza can as well.

Akaza also resisted Regeneration Negation from Hinokami Kagura attacks. Which are the same as Crimson Red blade Regeneration Negation (High-Mid.) This is irrelevant.

Hell, even Hantengu's clones comment it doesn't stop regeneration completely, It just slows it down. So if Hantengu can resist it, so can Akaza. On a much larger scale, in fact.
unknown.png

Isn't Immortality Type 8 also a factor with Hantengu's clones? They can't be killed by getting their heads cut off either way.

why akaza can't blitzed? gyomei is much faster than akaza
Did you read it? I explained it.
Akaza isn't getting 'blitzed' here. (Due to his death battle with Kokushibo, he said Akaza was a challenge, and didn't absorb him because he believed Akaza could have defeated him sooner or later, he states this after Akaza dies..)

I think that's a matter of potency since Kokushibo did die after seeing his reflection and getting attacked by Sanemi and Gyomei
This was simply Kokushibo giving up after seeing his own reflection.
And even then, why should an arguably stronger red boosted with Nezuko's flames do less damage than gyomei clashing blades into each other?

I also showed proof even Hantengu's clones could resist red blade nichirins, so why shouldn't Akaza, someone whos leagues above the clones resist them?

Isn't Immortality Type 8 also a factor with Hantengu's clones? They can't be killed by getting their heads cut off either way.
Yes, but even so, Akaza can also regenerate his head. So this would be the same outcome for him, albeit making it harder for gyomei because of the compass.
Kokushibo also showed resistance to this by himself, and he doesn't have Type 8 Immortality. So this would prove if you can regenerate your head, you can negate red blades nonetheless. (Unless if you're fighting yoriichi.)

This was simply Kokushibo giving up after seeing his own reflection.
And even then, why should an arguably stronger red boosted with Nezuko's flames do less damage than gyomei clashing blades into each other?
It still looks like as if the attacks themselves contributed and Kokushibo wasn't simply dying on his own without the attacks as far as I can tell unlike Akaza who was willing his body to stop regenerating.
I'd argue that that instance of the red blade isn't stronger since Nezuko's flames were needed to get a red blade in the first place, so this isn't a red blade plus Nezuko's flames but an ordinary blade with Nezuko's flames which results in a red blade.

Yes, but even so, Akaza can also regenerate his head. So this would be the same outcome for him, albeit making it harder for gyomei because of the compass.
Kokushibo also showed resistance to this by himself, and he doesn't have Type 8 Immortality.
Immortality Type 8 isn't exactly the same as Akaza adapting to Nichirin sword decapitation, so I wouldn't necessarily view this the same way.

Did you read it? I explained it.
Akaza isn't getting 'blitzed' here. (Due to his death battle with Kokushibo, he said Akaza was a challenge, and didn't absorb him because he believed Akaza could have defeated him sooner or later, he states this after Akaza dies..)
what does that change??? he just thought that he could beat himself in the future, but compared to the current time, base kokushibo speed>>>>>>>akaza speed

what does that change??? he just thought that he could beat himself in the future, but compared to the current time, base kokushibo speed>>>>>>>akaza speed
We don't know when this takes place, but we know he still gave him a challenge in the blood battle, which is also what he calls gyomei. This would put them in the same ballpark in speed.

We don't know when this takes place, but we know he still gave him a challenge in the blood battle, which is also what he calls gyomei. This would put them in the same ballpark in speed.
I really don't understand, nothing comes out of what you're saying

unlike Akaza who was willing his body to stop regenerating.
Wouldn't this just add to my point? the man literally cannot even be killed by himself.
His neck was cut by Hinokami Kagura, which is the same regeneration negation listed in the profiles.
He wanted to stop regenerating after his head was cut, but he still couldn't.
It still looks like as if the attacks themselves contributed and Kokushibo wasn't simply dying on his own
This doesn't look like it. Kokushibo only starts crumbling AFTER he sees his own reflection and starts reflecting on his life.

I really don't understand, nothing comes out of what you're saying
You take feats out of praise, and so do i. If he calls Akaza and Gyomei both a challenge, wouldn't this put them in the same ballpark? and hell, this is before Akaza even fought rengoku. So he didn't even get any RPL out of that.

tbh this would be a stomp for Akaza if we equalized speed but i wanna see where this goes first.

Wouldn't this just add to my point? the man literally cannot even be killed by himself.
His neck was cut by Hinokami Kagura, which is the same regeneration negation listed in the profiles.
He wanted to stop regenerating after his head was cut, but he still couldn't.

This doesn't look like it. Kokushibo only starts crumbling AFTER he sees his own reflection and starts reflecting on his life.
No, Akaza can kill himself since he successfully stopped his own Regeneration. Kokushibo didn't do that and instead started crumbling in the same spot where Muichiro stabbed him and then Sanemi and Gyomei smashed him into pieces where he couldn't continue fighting.

You take feats out of praise, and so do i. If he calls Akaza and Gyomei both a challenge, wouldn't this put them in the same ballpark? and hell, this is before Akaza even fought rengoku. So he didn't even get any RPL out of that.
what???? i said gyomei can dodge and react base kokushibo's attack.

Alright, this one is the most controversial battle among all in demon slayer verse. So yes, it is not a stomp nor an easy match.

So for all:
Gyomei can't counter the compass needle of Akaza since, through his all characteristics, Gyomei's fighting spirit is high compared to other Hashiras. So this is an advantage for Akaza since he gets stronger. This also gave him a pre-judgment of the opponent's attack. This was also an issue with Rengoku battles.
Now, since Gyomei mark is activated, I think he can slightly win this if he got enough speed to overcome the whole fighting spirit problem (like if he got enough AP to cut him down with his nichiri chained spiked Flail and Axe.

Two ways exist to counter Compass. One is the Selfless State phenomenon, and the other is having much more power and speed than Akaza, despite not having the Selfless State trait. Marked Gyomei, with his STW, can easily beat Akaza in a 1v1 fight for a long time.

So I would say this is incon for me. The fact is, no one can beat upper moon 1 or 2 or 3 in 1v1 for a long time. But if gyomei is able to cut down his head and reduce his regeneration, Akaza may give up and kill himself (even tho I doubt it because he will enjoy the fight a lot). If gyomei is not fast enough to overcome him, I think Akaza got a chance to win.

A better match-up suggestion for me is Douma vs Gyomei (this is one of the interesting matchups ngl).

That would be chapter 176. Kokushibo was clearly crumbling against his own will towards the end of the battle even before he pretty much gave up.
Yeaaahhh this really seems because of the mental nerf he got.
unknown.png

14.jpg

He starts crumbling RIGHT HERE. Right after the plot armor I mean, right after he gets this flashback.
unknown.png

unknown.png

19.jpg

Looks like the same as Akaza's death to me, honestly.

Personally, I don't think this would happen, since for him to do that, he needs some sort of memory from the past. Gyomei doesn't resemble anyone at all. Lol.
This is why I said it is unfortunate since the match would be interesting and fun for Akaza

Yeaaahhh this really seems because of the mental nerf he got.
unknown.png

14.jpg

He starts crumbling RIGHT HERE. Right after the plot armor I mean, right after he gets this flashback.
unknown.png

unknown.png

19.jpg

Looks like the same as Akaza's death to me, honestly.
He still didn't decide to die at that point and was crumbling against his own will which I find notable in this case.

Back