• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
7-B upscaling from Rhydon

6-C scaling from Dugtrio, as well as Tyranitar who is High 7-A just by walking around
Rhyhorn scales to about 1.451 megatons, aka, barely above baseline Low 7-B. You can’t even upscale to Low 7-B+ from that, let alone 7-B.

Unless it got recalced and I didn’t notice, Dugtrio’s calc is High 7-A+, not 6-C.

good news and bad news.

bad news, google's own joule to tons of tnt converter sucks and seems to shorten whatever value you get. Basically if you write 1.5e+19 and 1.2e+19 it will treat it as 1e+19 and will give you pretty much the same exact result.

good news, Dugtrio's feat is 4,171,042,782.0268 tons of tnt or 4.1 gigatons.
^

Will update the list when I get home but looks like we're leaning towards 8-C baby pokemon, Low 7-B basic pokemon, At least Low 7-B, likely 7-B first form pokemon, 6-C second form pokemon, and At least 6-C, likely higher for Mega and Gmax pokemon
What of legendaries and mythicals?

That's... Difficult (?)

Some have their own feats (like Shaymin who bridged into 6-C if I remember correctly), but others will probably just scale to fully evolve 'mons.
It's not that hard. If they're indeed stronger than non legendaries, their feats will speak for themselves.

It's not that hard. If they're indeed stronger than non legendaries, their feats will speak for themselves.
Aside from their status as mythical and legendary (which doesn't necessarily correlate to power, might I add) some might not even scale.

Simply, a good number of legendaries are featless on their own. I disagree with heavy abuse of scaling, so it is difficult to me.

Then again, I'm probably in the minority on that, so you can disregard me ayy.

Only if it gets accepted. Remember it was highly controversial last time we tried that.
Bring it up again then now that the standards are changing, theres only a handful of pokemon that learn it naturally and it should logically scale to them as it's a non-damaging move that would be weaker than their offensive moves of the same type

Also i am pretty sure Pupitar's feat isn't 7-B. In fact i've looked around the translations and the toppling part may be wrong as it might be the destruction of a mountain and not the toppling of one.

Bring it up again then now that the standards are changing, theres only a handful of pokemon that learn it naturally and it should logically scale to them as it's a non-damaging move that would be weaker than their offensive moves of the same type
The thing is, I personally wouldn't support without more feats for consistency. Because keep in mind, that's the highest feat that non-fully evolved 'mons have access to. That's 2/3 of the verse scaling to a single move.

It needs more support imo.

Also i am pretty sure Pupitar's feat isn't 7-B. In fact i've looked around the translations and the toppling part may be wrong as it might be the destruction of a mountain and not the toppling of one.
Interesting , let us see what the Japanese version says

The thing is, I personally wouldn't support without more feats for consistency. Because keep in mind, that's the highest feat that non-fully evolved 'mons have access to. That's 2/3 of the verse scaling to a single move.

It needs more support imo.
I guarantee magnitude will yield higher

the higher the controversy, the higher the feat, high risk high reward

looking for some random entries if they are worthy:

lanturn: The light it emits is so bright that it can illuminate the sea’s surface from a depth of over three miles.

wishiwashi: When it’s in a jam, its shining eyes attract others of its kind. The light from its eyes is visible almost 25 miles away.

espurr: It has enough psychic energy to blast everything within 300 feet of itself, but it has no control over its power.

whiscash: If WHISCASH goes on a wild rampage, it sets off a quake-like tremor with a radius of over three miles. This POKéMON has the ability to predict real earthquakes. (intimidates pokemon and people felt it too)

the higher the controversy, the higher the feat, high risk high reward

looking for some random entries if they are worthy:

lanturn: The light it emits is so bright that it can illuminate the sea’s surface from a depth of over three miles.
This has been calced at 3-A.

Ignore it ovo

Well how about “6-B, likely higher” for legendaries, all High 6-A feats are statements but still probably valid, while there’s a good pool of 6-B feats to fall back on too
Not all of them scale to that. Weather Birds, for example, don't have their downscaling from Lugia anymore, as that's from the anime. Moltres has a 6-C feat, tho.

Again, many legendaries are simply featless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back