• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all of them scale to that. Weather Birds, for example, don't have their downscaling from Lugia anymore, as that's from the anime. Moltres has a 6-C feat, tho.

Again, many legendaries are simply featless.
Do the games alone actually ever display a hierarchy in power between different legendaries? At least on such a level that you can’t simply add a “<“ or “>” to AP figures and not have to change tiers about

Do the games alone actually ever display a hierarchy in power between different legendaries? At least on such a level that you can’t simply add a “<“ or “>” to AP figures and not have to change tiers about
No afaik

Edit: Except for Arceus and its goons, for obvious reasons ovo
Also Ho-Oh, Lugia and Rayquaza for their respective trios

Then why not just scale em all to each other at
Because there's really no reason. Simple as that to me.

Legendaries are special not simply because of power. In fact, dragonair and arcanine have more hype than certain legendaries and mythicals. It's not a showcase of power, but of the history, rare abilities, lore and the rarity/uniqueness of the 'mon that makes it a "legendary/mythical" in-verse.

Oh yeah that reminds me, draolgonair's weather controlling feats should not only be more tier 7 stuff, but should also make the weather moves useable shouldn't they?

Oh yeah that reminds me, draolgonair's weather controlling feats should not only be more tier 7 stuff, but should also make the weather moves useable shouldn't they?
Ish, yeah

But we need to get it accepted first. I do personally agree that weather moves should scale, but the wiki sometimes is memey ovo

I don’t really agree with the idea of scaling Pokémon of similar evolutionary stages to each other there has to be lore reasons or showings for it to be warranted.

I don’t really agree with the idea of scaling Pokémon of similar evolutionary stages to each other there has to be lore reasons or showings for it to be warranted.
There is. So many 'mons that interact with each other all the time. You have Aggron, for example, that will challenge anyone that trespass on its mountain-territory. Literally willing to fight anything or anyone that go there. Native to Hoenn, that includes 'mons like Golem, Machamp, and other mountains duellers.

You have Wishiwashi scaring Gyarados, just to get eaten by Wailord, who then gets truncated by Dhelmisse.

There's way more examples like that, for all stages of Pokemon. The end result is that each species is comparable to each other in some way.

Calyrex​

ShieldLegend says that by using its power to see all events from past to future, this Pokémon saved the creatures of a forest from a meteorite strike.

ShieldIt’s said that this Pokémon once moved a large forest—and all the Pokémon living there—to a new location overnight.

Regieleki​

ShieldIts entire body is made up of a single organ that generates electrical energy. Regieleki is capable of creating all Galar’s electricity.

Gigantamax Urshifu Single Strike Style​

ShieldThe energy released by this Pokémon's fists forms shock waves that can blow away Dynamax Pokémon in just one hit.

Eternatus​

SwordThe core on its chest absorbs energy emanating from the lands of the Galar region. This energy is what allows Eternatus to stay active.
ShieldIt was inside a meteorite that fell 20,000 years ago. There seems to be a connection between this Pokémon and the Dynamax phenomenon.

Eternamax Eternatus​

SwordAs a result of Rose's meddling, Eternatus absorbed all the energy in the Galar region. It's now in a state of power overload.
ShieldInfinite amounts of energy pour from this Pokémon's enlarged core, warping the surrounding space-time.

Dragapult​

SwordWhen it isn't battling, it keeps Dreepy in the holes on its horns. Once a fight starts, it launches the Dreepy like supersonic missiles.
ShieldApparently the Dreepy inside Dragapult's horns eagerly look forward to being launched out at Mach speeds.

Drakloak​

SwordIt's capable of flying faster than 120 mph. It battles alongside Dreepy and dotes on them until they successfully evolve

Gigantamax Duraludon​

ShieldThe hardness of its cells is exceptional, even among Steel types. It also has a body structure that's resistant to earthquakes.

Dracovish​

ShieldIts mighty legs are capable of running at speeds exceeding 40 mph, but this Pokémon can't breathe unless it's underwater.

Copperajah​

ShieldThese Pokémon live in herds. Their trunks have incredible grip strength, strong enough to crush giant rocks into powder.

Gigantamax Copperajah​

SwordSo much power is packed within its trunk that if it were to unleash that power, the resulting blast could level mountains and change the landscape.
ShieldAfter this Pokémon has Gigantamaxed, its massive nose can utterly demolish large structures with a single smashing blow.

Cufant​

SwordIt digs up the ground with its trunk. It's also very strong, being able to carry loads of over five tons without any problem at all.

Frosmoth​

ShieldIt shows no mercy to any who desecrate fields and mountains. It will fly around on its icy wings, causing a blizzard to chase offenders away.

Gigantamax Grimmsnarl​

SwordBy transforming its leg hair, this Pokémon delivers power-packed drill kicks that can bore huge holes in Galar's terrain.
ShieldGigantamax energy has caused more hair to sprout all over its body. With the added strength, it can jump over the world's tallest building.

Gigantamax Centiskorch​

ShieldThe heat that comes off a Gigantamax Centiskorch may destabilize air currents. Sometimes it can even cause storms.

Toxtricity​

SwordCapable of generating 15,000 volts of electricity, this Pokémon looks down on all that would challenge it.

Gigantamax Toxtricity​

SwordIts excessive electric energy is its weapon. This Pokémon can build up more electricity than any thundercloud.

Barraskewda​

ShieldIt spins its tail fins to propel itself, surging forward at speeds of over 100 knots before ramming prey and spearing into them.

Sandaconda​

SwordWhen it contracts its body, over 220 pounds of sand sprays from its nose. If it ever runs out of sand, it becomes disheartened.

Gigantamax Sandaconda​

SwordIts sand pouch has grown to tremendous proportions. More than 1,000,000 tons of sand now swirl around its body.
ShieldSand swirls around its body with such speed and power that it could pulverize a skyscraper.

Silicobra​

SwordAs it digs, it swallows sand and stores it in its neck pouch. The pouch can hold more than 17 pounds of sand.

Carkol​

ShieldBy rapidly rolling its legs, it can travel at over 18 mph. The temperature of the flames it breathes exceeds 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit.

Boltund​

ShieldIt sends electricity through its legs to boost their strength. Running at top speed, it easily breaks 50 mph.

Gigantamax Drednaw​

ShieldIn the Galar region, there's a tale about this Pokémon chewing up a mountain and using the rubble to stop a flood.

Gigantamax Corviknight​

SwordImbued with Gigantamax energy, its wings can whip up winds more forceful than any a hurricane could muster. The gusts blow everything away.

Inteleon​

ShieldIts nictitating membranes let it pick out foes' weak points so it can precisely blast them with water that shoots from its fingertips at Mach 3.

Gigantamax Inteleon​

SwordGigantamax Inteleon's Water Gun move fires at Mach 7. As the Pokémon takes aim, it uses the crest on its head to gauge wind and temperature.
ShieldIt has excellent sniping skills. Shooting a berry rolling along over nine miles away is a piece of cake for this Pokémon.

Gigantamax Cinderace​

ShieldGigantamax energy can sometimes cause the diameter of this Pokémon's fireball to exceed 300 feet.

Gigantamax Rillaboom​

ShieldRillaboom has become one with its forest of drums and continues to lay down beats that shake all of Galar.

Zeraora​

SwordIt runs as fast as lightning strikes, shredding its opponents with its high-voltage claws.

now the gen 8 pokedex feats are all here

Frosmoth making a blizzard is 7-B

On the topic of wailord:
"When a small Wailmer is attacked by Sharpedo or Dhelmise, its whole pod works together to protect it." – Ultra Moon

Sharpedo is insane, jesus christ.

Wanted to mention

The 3-A feat by lighting up the sea is BS and taken super out of context and misunderstood.
It's described as barely lighting up enough to be visible if you look from the side of the boat. It's tier 7 at best and a low level of it as well

Because there's really no reason. Simple as that to me.

Legendaries are special not simply because of power. In fact, dragonair and arcanine have more hype than certain legendaries and mythicals. It's not a showcase of power, but of the history, rare abilities, lore and the rarity/uniqueness of the 'mon that makes it a "legendary/mythical" in-verse.
Yeah but Legendary Pokémon are nearly always powerful, and you’ve admitted yourself Pokémon games never establish the idea that some legendaries hold more power than others

Wanted to mention

The 3-A feat by lighting up the sea is BS and taken super out of context and misunderstood.
It's described as barely lighting up enough to be visible if you look from the side of the boat. It's tier 7 at best and a low level of it as well
I need to see a link to this 3-A calc because didn’t Necrozma lighting up the whole universe get 3-B or smth 😭

Yeah but Legendary Pokémon are nearly always powerful, and you’ve admitted yourself Pokémon games never establish the idea that some legendaries hold more power than others
And they also don't hold power over wild 'mons, lol.

Only specific cases are "always powerful". And only then, because they have specific mentions of being powerful and/or have specific feats.

I will not ever support scaling for the sake of scaling. When friggin rhyhorn have more mentions of its powers than certain legends, maybe we should reconsider our position with them.

But again, if the majority are in favor of it (as it was tradition), then whatevs.

I’m just saying we shouldn’t really be taking the stance that some legendaries are only comparable to fully evolved ‘mons, that would just be against the nature of legendary Pokémon (with a few exceptions)

And they also don't hold power over wild 'mons, lol.

Only specific cases are "always powerful". And only then, because they have specific mentions of being powerful and/or have specific feats.

I will not ever support scaling for the sake of scaling. When friggin rhyhorn have more mentions of its powers than certain legends, maybe we should reconsider our position with them.

But again, if the majority are in favor of it (as it was tradition), then whatevs.
I've never seen a normal pokemon stomp a legendary, even when trained. Legends are legends for a reason, otherwise they'd be cobsidered rare pokemon like the starters

I’m just saying we shouldn’t really be taking the stance that some legendaries are only comparable to fully evolved ‘mons, that would just be against the nature of legendary Pokémon (with a few exceptions)
I'm of the stance that they shouldn't even scale to fully evolve. Straight up, lol. Not without a good reason, at least.

I've never seen a normal pokemon stomp a legendary, even when trained. Legends are legends for a reason, otherwise they'd be cobsidered rare pokemon like the starters
Anime only, but Celebi movie and Latios & Latias movie.

In the games, only the protags and strongest trainers interact with box-art legends in the first place, so meh.

okay i'm going through the gen 2 entries, just to be clear, anything that can be used for stats work, does that include senses and range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back